PDA

View Full Version : 'Leaks' and theories about future titles go here!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi Assassin's

After recent news articles suggesting leaks and the locations - we are seeing a rise in threads talking about leaks in general and locations.

Please use this thread, so that the main forums are not swamped with repeat threads.

As always leaks should be taken at face value and also with an air of suspicion - any official announcements about potential future titles would be made through the official channels - so please do not get angry or upset at these rumours, should they be proven to be fake..

This also allows you guys to see the sheer amount of 'leaks' and also share ideas.

If you do not want to use this thread, by all means use the other ogling one here:

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

TheJurre
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm almost sure the next Assassin's Creed is going to take place in France, and has something to do with Joan of Arc, and the Sword of Eden. This video pretty much sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH2AZPJfLjo

overdidd
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't know why, but for some reason I find this thread hilarious as hell.

EDIT: so no announcement today or this week?

TheJurre
03-05-2014, 05:49 PM
There has also been a ''leaked'' video of some presentation, seems interesting enough. And the voice acting in the background sounds professional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTCqspMjjs

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:56 PM
There has also been a ''leaked'' video of some presentation, seems interesting enough. And the voice acting in the background sounds professional.

That was a proven fake - after the makers posted on Reddit - click if you must! (http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1yr4tz/assassins_creed_great_fall_leaked_video/)

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
That was a proven fake - after the makers posted on Reddit - I'm sure someone will post the links ;)
Nice one, Shade. Thanks for the heads up.

So, based on the hints we have up until now, the possible settings go like:
Nuumber ooone: China
Nuumber twoooo: French Revolution
Nuuumber thhhhreee: Industrial England

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Expect a message on Sunday.

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM

You never know. After all, Ubisoft promised a "big week" for Watch_Dogs. Don't you think they could announce both the release date of Watch_Dogs and AC5 in a press conference? Possible today or tomorrow. In fact, we might be hours away from the announcement (or weeks, keep a low profile).

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Your posts do not seem trollish. Why are you saying that?

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:03 PM

And your source is…?

If you wish to post things which many will start to hype - please post sources…

I will point out - Sunday is a weekend..

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
And your source is…?

If you wish to post things which many will start to hype - please post sources...

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/440884127248564224

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
That is reference to someone's birthday. . .

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:10 PM
That is reference to someone's birthday. . .

Mr_Shade, what about PAX? :)

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:11 PM
And your source is…?

If you wish to post things which many will start to hype - please post sources…

I will point out - Sunday is a weekend..
But it's also one of the days many American retailers get new stock. However, the guy you are quoting does not provide any sources, therefore I suggest that we should disregard the specific statement.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Mr_Shade, what about PAX? :)

What about it?

I'm not going to say anything relating to games - since it seems people are just grabbing anything - and making it a leak.. even birthday messages..

So, you guys are on your own.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
But it's also one of the days many American retailers get new stock. However, the guy you are quoting does not provide any sources, therefore I suggest that we should disregard the specific statement.

I did provide a source... its Ashraf Ismail Game Director of AC.

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I did provide a source... its Ashraf Ismail Game Director of AC.

Kay, sry, hadn't seen that. One should judge for themselves whether or not to believe on that Sunday thing.

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Question: Why would the forum manager lock all the threads concerning the "leaks", if the announcement was just around the corner? Wouldn't he wait for it? And then the threads would get burried by themselves eventually?
The above question is not for Mr_Shade to answer of course.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Kay, sry, hadn't seen that. One should judge for themselves whether or not to believe on that Sunday thing.

Indeed…

Considering it was a remark about sending someone a personal message on their birthday.. ;)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t255/shade360/ScreenShot2014-03-05at171618_zps9648babf.png

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Question: Why would the forum manager lock all the threads concerning the "leaks", if the announcement was just around the corner? Wouldn't he wait for it? And then the threads would get burried by themselves eventually?
The above question is not for Mr_Shade to answer of course.

I think you might be looking too much into it. It's just probably for the sake of a forum organization to keep everything one place so the forum doesn't get cluttered with different things when it just can easily be kept in 1 place. However, I can see from the perspective you're looking at also.

Also Mr Shade...is quite Shady at times :P

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I was pretty clear why the threads got locked, if you read the post I made in them.

but to make sure we are clear..

Some users are getting frustrated at the amount of fake leaks and discussion surrounding them - even when they are proven to be fake - people find reasons to ignore that ;)

So, we have threads where people can put the 'leaks' and talk about them - without cluttering the forum up.

And with that - I'm out - enjoy the thread.

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I hope that appearance of Mr Shadow on forum is some sign ; )

I really hope that we will get some onfo about ACV untill the end of this week and If we do not get anything untill the Monday then something definitely goes wrong.

Dome500
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
What about it?

I'm not going to say anything relating to games - since it seems people are just grabbing anything - and making it a leak.. even birthday messages..

So, you guys are on your own.

Yeah, it kind of starts to get out of hands....

The long wait makes people go crazy about any kind of information that may or may not relate to the game....

pacmanate
03-05-2014, 06:25 PM

I really hope that we will get some onfo about ACV untill the end of this week and If we do not get anything untill the Monday then something definitely goes wrong.

Its kinda his Job to be here...

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:27 PM

I have already made a point in another thread, which had to do with Ubisoft Kiev. Maybe the political situation there has created problems in the developement of the title. Don't take me wrong. I hope for the situtation to e resolved as soon as possible. I am just suggesting that there might be problems for the companies that have offices there.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Its kinda his Job to be here...

indeed.. and I have been here quite a bit… just in case the boss is watching ;)

And, just a reminder to all - please do not start talking politics - the current situation has no bearing on game development and this is a real world situation, affecting real people, which is better discussed on other forums, thanks!

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I was pretty clear why the threads got locked, if you read the post I made in them.

but to make sure we are clear..

Some users are getting frustrated at the amount of fake leaks and discussion surrounding them - even when they are proven to be fake - people find reasons to ignore that ;)

So, we have threads where people can put the 'leaks' and talk about them - without cluttering the forum up.

And with that - I'm out - enjoy the thread.

No need to leave Mr. Shade. It's not fun without you :/

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
No need to leave Mr. Shade. It's not fun without you :/
He 's not really leaving. His protective shadow will always take care of us...
WHO WANTS AN AC WITH MR_SHADE AS THE LEAD CHARACTER?????

Dome500
03-05-2014, 06:36 PM
WHO WANTS AN AC WITH MR_SHADE AS THE LEAD CHARACTER?????

So you want an AC where you manage the AC forums all day while sometimes playing the previous AC games.
OR you manage forums and on the side you play the new AC which is about managing forums and playing the new AC which is about managing the forums..... and so on.

People, I think we just discovered the [edit]Ubisoft has been working on all these years :D ;)

ArabianFrost
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
This is why I love you, Shade

pacmanate
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
He 's not really leaving. His protective shadow will always take care of us...

Disgusting.

ArabianFrost
03-05-2014, 06:39 PM
So you want an AC where you manage the AC forums all day while sometimes playing the previous AC games.
OR you manage forums and on the side you play the new AC which is about managing forums and playing the new AC which is about managing the forums..... and so on.

People, I think we just discovered the MINDF*CK Ubisoft has been working on all these years :D ;)

Imagine the fanfics.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:39 PM

People, I think we just discovered the MINDF*CK Ubisoft has been working on all these years :D ;)

Hm... Mr.Shade seems more fitting for a Templar rather than an Assassin :P His trying to control us from finding the missing pieces of eden on the forums.

AherasSTRG
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
"Knows his way 'round every crag and crevisse of these forums... Just... Don't meddle in his private affairs. For there 's more mystery in that man, than, even I dare ask..." - Yves Guillemot.

D51-ClaudioACSy
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I have already made a point in another thread, which had to do with Ubisoft Kiev. Maybe the political situation there has created problems in the developement of the title. Don't take me wrong. I hope for the situtation to e resolved as soon as possible. I am just suggesting that there might be problems for the companies that have offices there.
Man, you've maybe right. Your thinking has a lot of sense unfortunately :(

luckyto
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
"Knows his way 'round every crag and crevisse of these forums... Just... Don't meddle in his private affairs. For there 's more mystery in that man, than, even I dare ask..." - Yves Guillemot.

Haha. Good stuff.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 06:46 PM
This thread seems to be talking more about Shade than the actual leaks/news lol. I think we should go back on the topic ladies and gentlemen.

Dome500
03-05-2014, 06:51 PM
This thread seems to be talking more about Shade than the actual leaks/news lol. I think we should go back on the topic ladies and gentlemen.

What topics? Most leaks are proven fake by now, there is only theories.

All we can do is make fun to shorten the wait....

ArabianFrost
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM

Yeah...all those solid leaks and theories, man. They're just everywhere.

DomdudeDaGreat
03-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Shade is the most interesting man in the world

http://flask.com/wp-content/uploads/dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-world-300x300.jpeg

ze_topazio
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM
My theory:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/zy8w7n.jpg

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
AC5 is Brazil?? what are you smoking

ze_topazio
03-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Or any other South American country.

Will_Lucky
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
AC5 is Brazil?? what are you smoking

Plenty of potential for an Assassins Creed game in Brazil.

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM

aha , I did not know at all that Ubisoft has one of his branch in Kiev at all , but do U know what Ubisoft studio is charged for development of ACV at all ?
I doubt that Ubisoft Kiev is one of them , but I am not sure.

Anyway I hope that ACV will take place in Russia ; )
Even now couse of political situation in Ukraine the Russia would be very actual setting ; )

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Jade Raymond said that AC5 will not be in Feudal Japan, but rather her favorite time period. I highly doubt its "ancient Brazil" lol

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 08:09 PM
aha , I did not know at all that Ubisoft has one of his branch in Kiev at all , but do U know what Ubisoft studio is charged for development of ACV at all ?
I doubt that Ubisoft Kiev is one of them , but I am not sure.

Anyway I hope that ACV will take place in Russia ; )
Even now couse of political situation in Ukraine the Russia would be very actual setting ; )

I believe Ubisoft Montreal has the main AC development team, if im not mistaking, but all of Ubisofts contribute throughout the globe with Voices, objects, motion.... and so on..

STDlyMcStudpants
03-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Im a bit sad we havent heard anything yet :(
But from a business standpoint it makes total sense...
Stick of Truth is a great game that Ubisoft did a great job marketing for..why throw it under the bus with an AC announcement..
Same reason we didnt see Uncharted 4 teaser until late 2013 instead of at E3 (The Last of Us release date was the week after)
Good news is though that i believe nothing special for ubi next week :D
So AC Genesis will be announced then! :D

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 08:11 PM
My theory:

I liked the way how U are thinking : )

AC in Brasil would be perfect , especially the era of transition from colonial Brasil into empire of Brasil (late 18. and 1st half of 19. century)
Brasil is the country with a most beautiful cities and landscapes of Earth , and would be so good to see places like Rio de Janeiro , Minas Gerais , Salvador , Recife, Manaus, Iguazu waterfalls , also we could see some historical characters like national hero of Brasil , revolucionist Tiradantes (maybe a leader of Assassin's Order in Brasil) or Pedro I (and entire royal family who escaped to Brasil from Portugal during the Napolenic wars)

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
My theory:

My TOP 10 -

1- Ancient Egypt
2- Vikings
3- Feudal Japan
4- Roman Empire
5- Industrial Rev
6- Medieval/Renaissance England (crusades)
7-Wild West
8-China
9-France
10-India

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
AC in Brasil would be perfect , especially the era of transition from colonial Brasil into empire of Brasil (late 18. and 1st half of 19. century)
Brasil is the country with a most beautiful cities and landscapes of Earth , and would be so good to see places like Rio de Janeiro , Minas Gerais , Salvador , Recife, Manaus, Iguazu waterfalls , also we could see some historical characters like national hero of Brasil , revolucionist Tiradantes (maybe a leader of Assassin's Order in Brasil) or Pedro I (and entire royal family who escaped to Brasil from Portugal during the Napolenic wars)

Theres no point of going up to 1800-1900s, then it wouldn't be the "assassins creed" we know of. Its all about hidden blades and swords, not snipers and auto guns. AC3 took a gamble with Rev war, but theres no way they will go higher, then It would just be Splinter cell and not AC

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 08:33 PM
my Top 2 are :

Brasil and Russia , 2 of my favorite countries after my homeland Serbia ; )

Also I would be really happy to see French Revolution and Napoleonic wars couse of historical moment and importance , historical figures and kitschy fashion from that period ; )

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Theres no point of going up to 1800-1900s, then it wouldn't be the "assassins creed" we know of. Its all about hidden blades and swords, not snipers and auto guns. AC3 took a gamble with Rev war, but theres no way they will go higher, then It would just be Splinter cell and not AC

I disagree , in 1800 and especially in 1st half of 19. century the weapons were still like those in AC3 , even in early 20. century the automatic weapons were still rarity , so still would be enough space that hiden blades and swords use as primary weapons.
Also the Assassins have to remain undetected and they can not be shooting around like Rambo.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I disagree , in 1800 and especially in 1st half of 19. century the weapons were still like those in AC3 , even in early 20. century the automatic weapons were still rarity , so still would be enough space that hiden blades and swords use as primary weapons.
Also the Assassins have to remain undetected and they can not be shooting around like Rambo.

If AC would even consider doing a game in Brazil, it wouldn't be for quite some time. There are some extremely popular historical wars, figures and sights out there that they haven't done yet, I really don't see them doing Brazil.

ze_topazio
03-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I liked the way how U are thinking : )

I would prefer in the late XVII century around the time of Zumbi dos Palmares and his rebellion, imagine the Assassin, a fugitive slave or son/daughter of a fugitive slave raised in a Quilombo, fighting with an archaic form of Capoeira, but the late XVIII and early XIX centuries would be nice too.

Hans684
03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Theres no point of going up to 1800-1900s.

AC has been there and beyond. AC: The Fall, AC: The Chain, Modern day, Project Legacy, AC: Initiates...

Then it wouldn't be the "assassins creed" we know of.

It wouldn't be your AC. It's your definition of AC whether you like it or not, an opinion. I respect it but don't talk about it like a fact. But you are correct, an AC from 1800-Present Day would not be the current AC we know of. It would be different, fresh and new in term of gameplay.

Its all about hidden blades and swords, not snipers and auto guns.

Then the future of AC is the current AC it might improve and become more polished but it would in basic be the same in term of gameplay. And guns does not mean instant shooter, guns can be used stealthy too you know.

AC3 took a gamble with Rev war, but theres no way they will go higher, then It would just be Splinter cell and not AC

Not much of a gamble since we still have combat, they most likely won't go much higher. Sad really, it means gameplay wise we would gett more of less the same basic gameplay we currently have. It would be the AC version of SC, not a bad thing at all but what is AC or not is your opinion.

Dome500
03-05-2014, 09:25 PM
AC has been there and beyond. AC: The Fall, AC: The Chain, Modern day, Project Legacy, AC: Initiates...

Non of them is a game. And the developers themselves stated in the AC4 Abstergo email AS WELL AS in several interviews tht they do not want to in the 20th century, at least not for the next years.

Then the future of AC is the current AC it might improve and become more polished but it would in basic be the same in term of gameplay. And guns does not mean instant shooter, guns can be used stealthy too you know.

I agree that guns =/= shooter, but considering that modern enemies would be so deadly and all wouldn't Assassins Creed necessarily become something like a mix of Splinter Cell and Watch Dogs?

Sad really, it means gameplay wise we would gett more of less the same basic gameplay we currently have. It would be the AC version of SC, not a bad thing at all but what is AC or not is your opinion.

Then again, wouldn't that basically mean that 2 Ubisoft franchises would be way too similar in gameplay? I'm just saying. Especially if the "modern timeline AC" would take elements from SC, WD or The Division.

And btw. No one said that they could not at one point in the franchise give the complete combat, stealth and all the other systems a complete massive overhaul... That's actually even very possible and plausible that they'll do that at one point in the future.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Non of them are Tittles, I am talking about actual AC games, not a DLC contact

Hans684
03-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Non of this is a game. And the developers themselves stated in the AC4 Abstergo email AS WELL AS in several interviews tht they do not want to in the 20th century, at least not for the next years.

I know and it still is AC non the less. I know they said something like that, just didn't remember what they said.

I agree that guns =/= shooter, but considering that modern enemies would be so deadly and all wouldn't Assassins Creed necessarily become something like a mix of Splinter Cell and Watch Dogs?

Is that really I bad thing? Both has potential and AC should take every advantage it it can, shouldn't it? The franchise(improvement and core) before anything else?

Then again, wouldn't that basically mean that 2 Ubisoft franchises would be way too similar in gameplay? I'm just saying. Especially if the "modern timeline AC" would take elements from SC, WD or The Division.

Kinda, just look at the current AC and make it blend with W_D, SC, TD and there you go. A modern AC, but we don't know if it would be good or not becouse they have never tried it. Yes we have had missions with Desmond but that's a about it. There never was a big focus on it, they themselvs have said that they focus more on the historical part.

And btw. No one said that they could not at one point in the franchise give the complete combat, stealth and all the other systems a complete massive overhaul... That's actually even very possible and plausible that they'll do that at one point in the future.

Overhaul =/= change.

Non of them are Tittles, I am talking about actual AC games, not a DLC contact

And it still is AC, the media does not matter. Also you are incorrect, I said modern day and that has been in every game since AC1.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Is that really I bad thing? Both has potential and AC should take every advantage it it can, shouldn't it? The franchise(improvement and core) before anything else?.

I thought about this a lot. And talked with my friends about it, I would love to see a present day AC, that would be amazing, but there are games like It right now. Watch dogs, Splinter cell, and I think one of the reasons why ac got so big is because of the historical events it brings to its game. Lots of people asked ubisoft for a present day AC and I think that's why they made The Division. Its a Whole new market for them. And I agree, as much as I want to see a preset day AC, I think they should stick to their plan. They still have lots of historical moments to visit. Why fix whats not broken?

And of the other hand, The devision is a perfect idea accept one part and that is that theres no campaign. Always online, and if your friends arnt available to play the game the same time as you, you have t play alone, and you will get killed right away and get your ish stolen. I hate that. I don't get why theres no single player mode. so stupid Pvp always is a bad idea. for me at least

(Hans, desmond does not count, were talking about full present day AC title, ubisoft wont do it because that's not what AC Is about)

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
If AC would even consider doing a game in Brazil, it wouldn't be for quite some time. There are some extremely popular historical wars, figures and sights out there that they haven't done yet, I really don't see them doing Brazil.

Well Brasil is very significant country today in every sense, also 5th largest country in world , 5th most populous country and 6th economic force , also a country with a very strong cultural influence all around the world, so I think they will consider it sooner or later ; )
Maybe not this year , especially not now couse maybe setting would be too similar to AC4 : Black Flag , since flora , fauna and climate are very similar to West Indies , also colonization , slavery........and all that would remaind on AC4 : Black Flag so now probably they will want that ACV turn out to be a real contrast to AC4 , maybe the cold Russia or gray and foggy London , but then in few years they will consider Brasil when they would decide to back the story into the tropical setting,

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Well Brasil is very significant country today in every sense, also 5th largest country in world , 5th most populous country and 6th economic force , also a country with a very strong cultural influence all around the world, so I think they will consider it sooner or later ; )
Maybe not this year , especially not now couse maybe setting would be too similar to AC4 : Black Flag , since flora , fauna and climate are very similar to West Indies , also colonization , slavery........and all that would remaind on AC4 : Black Flag so now probably they will want that ACV turn out to be a real contrast to AC4 , maybe the cold Russia or gray and foggy London , but then in few years they will consider Brasil when they would decide to back the story into the tropical setting,

Im not sure but I think AC hinted for a Black flag 2 at the end when kenway is sailing away with his daughter. I don't really remember. But it was a big hit so I don't know why they wouldn't make a Black Flag 2, Pirates was popular. But when they do make a Black Flag 2, they might visit Brazil then. I would like to climb the jesus statue lol

Dome500
03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Kinda, just look at the current AC and make it blend with W_D, SC, TD and there you go. A modern AC, but we don't know if it would be good or not becouse they have never tried it. Yes we have had missions with Desmond but that's a about it. There never was a big focus on it, they themselvs have said that they focus more on the historical part.

All I am saying is that Ubisoft would make themselves concurrence.

But then again, since this does not DEFINE the whole Assassins Creed franchise, because it would probably only be for 1 game (once in a while, they do not have to make ALL the games in modern times after all...) , and since games like WD or SC probably only come out every 2 - 3 years it could work pretty well if set in a time frame where neither a WD game nor a SC game is released....

Overhaul =/= change.

Idk, I think it is definitely a change in a way. With overhaul I meant to define the mechanics new from ground up. Sorry if I used the wrong word for it.

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I would prefer in the late XVII century around the time of Zumbi dos Palmares and his rebellion, imagine the Assassin, a fugitive slave or son/daughter of a fugitive slave raised in a Quilombo, fighting with an archaic form of Capoeira, but the late XVIII and early XIX centuries would be nice too.

Well Zumbi dos Palmares is also very intresting , but in that time the cities were still not so developed and architecture was still poor , mostly the most parts of places were not bulit yet , so in late 18. and early 19. century the cities were more modern and developed and would be better places for climbing , synchronization points, indoor locations and "tomb" type of missions....etc.
Also Zumbi dos Palmeres and his period would be probably too similar to Adewale and Freedom Cry>

Also in that time Brasil was still isolated colony and rarely who even knew for Brasil , but later Brasil was started to show just a more and more characteristics of the country , especially when Portugues royal family escaped there from Portugal and on some way to getting more important in political , cultural and any other sense.

ze_topazio
03-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Im not sure but I think AC hinted for a Black flag 2 at the end when kenway is sailing away with his daughter. I don't really remember. But it was a big hit so I don't know why they wouldn't make a Black Flag 2, Pirates was popular. But when they do make a Black Flag 2, they might visit Brazil then. I would like to climb the jesus statue lol

Built in 1931.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Built in 1931.

Oo damn nvm then lol that would be awesome to do a leap of faith for there

Goxxi
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM

Well the pirates were not operating that much around the coast of Brasil like in the area of Carreban sea, and I think It would be nice to climbing on statue of Jesus , It would be heretical on some way and someone might be offended , and also by the wat the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro was bulit and placed there in 1931.

I doubt we gonna see Black Flag 2 , I bealive we will see exotic setting again but that won't be related with pirates.

DomdudeDaGreat
03-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I would hate to see another AC title set in the Americas. There is not enough history there IMO. Everything in AC3 and AC4, AC3 especially, seemed kind of boring and new, and the cities were small and underdeveloped. Whilst Havana was nice and reminiscent of the older games, the other cities were boring with nor really distinguishing landmarks. Faneuil Hall in Boston and any other landmarks in AC3 and AC4 are hardly comparable to The Pantheon or The Colosseum or The Hagia Sofia or Galata Tower or The Dome of The Rock or anything from previous games. I would rather see AC5 set in a location with a rich history.

Also I would like to point out that anything set before the First Crusade Era (Vikings, Ancient Rome, Egypt. etc) would be stupid considering the foundation of the Assassin Order in the eleventh century. It would be cool to see these settings but it is so historically inaccurate, even for a series like AC.

ACfan443
03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779705

"So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more."

Sounds exactly like the first Black Flag leak

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 10:37 PM

"So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Oo nvm I thought it was you lol, but either way, I stil hope its Egypt. But any news is good news at this point

LoyalACFan
03-05-2014, 10:39 PM

A little TOO much like the Black Flag leak TBH, this could easily be someone making up a story based on similar parameters hoping that the Black Flag leak will lend it some credence. And I find it somewhat hard to believe that somebody would so casually break their NDA for the sake of some random guy on an airplane. The Black Flag thing was just something that somebody got a glimpse of over an employee's shoulder; she didn't literally turn around, initiate a conversation with a random person and spell it all out for them.

But I dunno, it could be true. I've made zero correct predictions about AC5 thus far, lol, so what do I know. Plus, this sounds pretty cool. Except the title is dumb.

DomdudeDaGreat
03-05-2014, 10:40 PM

I want to believe that so bad. Its questionable just how legit that can be, some random guy on a plane, that whole cliche. There is a lot of detail here though that seems pretty legit, such as the details about the game and its logo, but it just seems really hard to believe...

ACfan443
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
A little TOO much like the Black Flag leak TBH, this could easily be someone making up a story based on similar parameters hoping that the Black Flag leak will lend it some credence. And I find it somewhat hard to believe that somebody would so casually break their NDA for the sake of some random guy on an airplane. The Black Flag thing was just something that somebody got a glimpse of over an employee's shoulder; they didn't literally turn around, initiate a conversation with a random person and spell it all out for them.

But I dunno, it could be true. I've made zero correct predictions about AC5 thus far, lol, so what do I know.

For some reason, I have feeling these 'flight' stories are orchestrated by the company itself as a way to slowly disclose information, there's no way a developer/marketing employee would have their laptop open in such an obvious way (black flag), or spill info publicly while knowing the risks associated with doing something like that

I want to believe that so bad. Its questionable just how legit that can be, some random guy on a plane, that whole cliche. There is a lot of detail here though that seems pretty legit, such as the details about the game and its logo, but it just seems really hard to believe...

The story has a striking resemblance to Black Flag's first leak

Edit: here's the black flag story

"I just posted this in r/gaming but was told of this subreddit. Anyway, I was on a flight where the lady in the row in front of me was working on a powerpoint presentation on marketing strategies of several gaming titles. And one that stood out the most was AC4: Black Flags, aimed for release 2013 Holiday season according to her slide. It already had a cool looking logo for it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photo, just wanted to share it with all the AC fans, and give those who are trying to figure out the next story line a little hint."

Jarek23
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-next-assasin-s-creed-code-names-unity-offers-4-player-co-op

Examiner probably got their info from the Neogaf leak. But I'm not liking this part, at all.

Multiplayer will be revised completely with the removal of focus on adversarial multiplayer. Instead, the additional focus is on 4 player co-op play.

I like my campaigns solo and I love the multiplayer, please don't remove the multiplayer!

Dome500
03-05-2014, 10:58 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-next-assasin-s-creed-code-names-unity-offers-4-player-co-op

Examiner probably got their info from the Neogaf leak. But I'm not liking this part, at all.

I like my campaigns solo and I love the multiplayer, please don't remove the multiplayer!

Well, I also like multiplayer.

But to be honest, considering we have Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and AC4 multiplayer the community will continue to play mutliplayer no matter if the new game has it or not.
A problem I can think of why they might decide in that direction is that they might not know how and in which direction to develop the mutliplayer further. I mean, can you think of something new?

EDIT: Reading this again they actually only say that the main FOCUS will not be on adversarial anymore.
So what? Adverserial kind of already has so many options and modes they already established, why not focus on something else for a change?

breakdownthewall
03-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Was never a fan of online multiplayer, would love to see 4 player co-op, even though I can hardly imagine it and it seems highly likely.

Jarek23
03-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Well, I also like multiplayer.

But to be honest, considering we have Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and AC4 multiplayer the community will continue to play mutliplayer no matter if the new game has it or not.
A problem I can think of why they might decide in that direction is that they might not know how and in which direction to develop the mutliplayer further. I mean, can you think of something new?

EDIT: Reading this again they actually only say that the main FOCUS will not be on adversarial anymore.
So what? Adverserial kind of already has so many options and modes they already established, why not focus on something else for a change?

Removal of focus seems to me that they might potentially remove it all together. I'd be completely happy if they just gave us new skins, new maps, and whatever new abilities the next AC has. I don't need any new modes or anything. But I really don't want them to remove it. Along with Wolfpack. It's fun.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2014, 11:12 PM
One thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why they would release a game exclusively on last gen (Ps3/X360). I can understand that they want to push the new hardware, but to not port a last gen game seems silly. It should be a fairly easy thing to do. What about the people who have sold/traded in their old systems?

luckyto
03-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Someone might have their laptop open. But no way they would talk about it.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
One thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why they would release a game exclusively on last gen (Ps3/X360). I can understand that they want to push the new hardware, but to not port a last gen game seems silly. It should be a fairly easy thing to do. What about the people who have sold/traded in their old systems?

I agree, that's why I didn't trade in my 360 yet. There are still good titles that will be released just for old gen. I did get the PS4 but i decited to keep my 360 also. Just in case, and if this 2 title AC thing is true, then good thing i kept it

Dome500
03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
IS this legit or does someone troll us here guys?

Anyone got an idea? We had so many fake leaks that it wouldn't surprise me if that was a fake one as well.

Especially the "we'll announce more closer to E3" is kinda not "standard" AC-procedure. At least not what we were used to until now...

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM

To put things mildly and shortly, currently cross-gen is a huuuuuuuuge pain in the ***, especially considering we're dealing with systems that are VERY different in their structure and architecture. Sure, it's more than possible, AC4 (and a bunch of other games) has done it, but a) it's not easy, and b) AC4, for example, has pushed last gen to its very limits and didn't utilize all the capabilities of next-gen (for example, if nor for last-gen then we'd have a fully seamless world without loading between caribbean and cities). Development purely for last-gen and purely for next-gen is simply more effective.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 11:30 PM

Anyone got an idea? We had so many fake leaks that it wouldn't surprise me if that was a fake one as well.

Especially the "we'll announce more closer to E3" is kinda not "standard" AC-procedure. At least not what we were used to until now...

most likely fake. No **** well announce more closer to E3 lol EVERYONE ANNOUNCES EVERYTHING closer to E3 so that's not of a surprise.

My guess is that the managers weren't happy with the final project, and decided to fix something before announcing the game, and that's why we got no announcement yet. They have said that "if they feel like they are not happy with something, they will take all the time they need to improve it, even if it means not having the annual release, because once you start pushing for annual releases even if the product isn't perfect, the fans will start having second thoughts about the franchise and they might loose many hardcore fans. So they will take as much time as they need to make sure their product is perfect." - Ubisoft manager

Sushiglutton
03-05-2014, 11:32 PM
To put things mildly and shortly, currently cross-gen is a huuuuuuuuge pain in the ***, especially considering we're dealing with systems that are VERY different in their structure and architecture. Sure, it's more than possible, AC4 (and a bunch of other games) has done it, but a) it's not easy, and b) AC4, for example, has pushed last gen to its very limits and didn't utilize all the capabilities of next-gen (for example, if nor for last-gen then we'd have a fully seamless world without loading between caribbean and cities). Development purely for last-gen and purely for next-gen is simply more effective.

Have a hard time believing that tbh. The problem with crossgen in AC4 ought to have been to get it to run on last gen, not the current. Also since we assume the last gen version will be available on PC the various architctures will matter less. They could just straight up port it from PC to PS4/X1.

(Note I'm only talking about the gane that is rumored to be last gen exclusive. Like I said I understand why they would want to make a current gen exclusive).

VoXngola
03-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Well to be honest, ACB and ACR were officially announced in May, one month before E3. And I don't remember getting any leaks prior the announcement of both titles.

It looks like AC5 is going the same route this time.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Well to be honest, ACB and ACR were officially announced in May, one month before E3. And I don't remember getting any leaks prior the announcement of both titles.

It could be that they want to give some space for Watchdogs or something. Time will tell.

frodrigues55
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
I personally don't believe it, but who knows.

In Black Flag's case, the person saw what was not meant to be leak. In this whole "Unity" case, the source randomly told a bunch of secret information to a stranger and even showed gameplay clips just because the person was playing Liberation, lol? If you are going to tell details on upcoming games, the last person you break you NDA is to a random fan of the series lol.

I'm one that thought the whole expectation was fun - and it was for the first two "leaks" - but these last days it just got so out of hand :eek: People just want to post something exclusive so bad that they open threads about... everything they casually find. :confused: It's a shame though, when the legit thing happens it will be forever lost inside this thread (which was necessary considering the amount of threads opened so far).

PS - Annoucing later this year to not clash with Watch Dogs is a probablity, especially how a lot of people thought it was weird that AC4 and WD would work against each other. Two high-profile games released from the same company at the same time was a bitt odd.

It makes me wonder if this year's game it not AC5, but a spin-off that eventually uses the naval system one more time. We are getting anual releases, so one way to create hype for future games is to hold on the big numbered titles and release small ones in between. It worked for B/R/ACIII and it's bound to happen again at some time. I will die if the wait for announcement ends only in may though.

Dome500
03-05-2014, 11:38 PM

:( I'm very unhappy, but what can I do ..... :(

VoXngola
03-05-2014, 11:41 PM
:( I'm very unhappy, but what can I do ..... :(

I feel you, man.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2014, 11:41 PM
One thing that is interesting is the title "Unity" which is kind of clever as it has double meaning in a game with a stronger Co-Op component. Reminds me of how Brotherhood was the game introducing multiplayer.

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 11:42 PM
cross gen console AC titles......

I recently watched a documentary about developing gross gen games. Its so difficult because Next gen can handle so much more during game play that old gen cannot, so the developers cant add those few things for a next gen game because the old gen cant support it. And that's why I see them making 1 title for new gen and another for old gen. Making a title for cross gen just takes away the point of having a Next gen console since it can handle more features but they don't add it to the game because old gen consoles cant support it. So I agree with them doing 2 separate titles this year for old gen and new gen. I saved my 360 just for that reason.

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Have a hard time believing that tbh. The problem with crossgen in AC4 ought to have been to get it to run on last gen, not the current.

Eh, AC4 development (and release) was in this weird transitional period, so for it specifically it would go both ways, really.

Also since we assume the last gen version will be available on PC the various architctures will matter less. They could just straight up port it from PC to PS4/X1.

Uhm... you do know that what you just said about last-gen to PC to next-gen porting kinda proves my point about it being a pain in the *** and not effective? Also, just because PS4/X1 are more similar to PCs now than ever doesn't mean that they work exactly like PCs. Metaphorically speaking, even if we're to say that they're exactly on the same level, it's not PC = PS4/X1, it's more like Mac = PS4/X1. Or maybe even Linux = PS4/X1. The point being not that PS4/X1 equals to Mac or Linux, but that transferring it from a Windows PC architecture is still a pain and a lot of work.

DomdudeDaGreat
03-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I will be furious if Ubisoft ditch the current multiplayer and replace it with Co-Op. Co-Op would be pretty cool as a serperate component, like as a story mode or something, but I love the multiplayer the way it is

Rengarious
03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Found a really awesome article guys that I think you should really check out :) It's VERY long so be prepared for a in-depth read if you have the time and it has pictures. Probably one of the best AC articles i've ever seen. It also bridges a-lot of the rumors/in-game lore stuff together in a really cool way.

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/yoyonoa/p_102278_assassin-s-creed-5-unity-templiers-et-assassins-reunis-un-se

It's in french but you can use google-translate.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Found a really awesome article guys that I think you should really check out :) It's VERY long so be prepared for a in-depth read if you have the time and it has pictures. Probably one of the best AC articles i've ever seen. It also bridges a-lot of the rumors/in-game lore stuff together in a really cool way.

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/yoyonoa/p_102278_assassin-s-creed-5-unity-templiers-et-assassins-reunis-un-se

lol thanks for hyping it up and then saying "oh its French lol"

souNdwAve89
03-06-2014, 12:25 AM

The blog has been around on this forums for some weeks in anticipation of any leak. Also, this person has correctly predicted AC3 and AC4's time periods.

ACfan443
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
One thing that is interesting is the title "Unity" which is kind of clever as it has double meaning in a game with a stronger Co-Op component. Reminds me of how Brotherhood was the game introducing multiplayer.

The thing about the codename 'unity' is that it surfaced last year, which leads me to believe that there's some truth in this person's story

(For those who haven't seen the new AC5 'leak'/story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779705)

But then again, he may have already known that.

EDIT: a few comments from the forum it was posted on

"OP is legit, check his post history

Although the plane story is probably just a story "

"It's very obviously a controlled leak. Same poster had ACIV details last year."

Sushiglutton
03-06-2014, 12:43 AM
The thing about the codename 'unity' is that it surfaced last year, which leads me to believe that there's some truth in this person's story

(For those who haven't seen the new AC5 'leak'/story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779705)

But then again, he may have already known that.

"It's very obviously a controlled leak. Same poster had ACIV details last year."

Legit Gafers are usually fairly reliable so this may be the first real leak? Would be perfect for me as I finished reading "A Tale of Two Cities" last week :D!

Radman500
03-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Neogaf doesn't BS stuff like this...so its probably true

but isn't Arno a german name?

Sushiglutton
03-06-2014, 12:51 AM

but isn't Arno a german name?

It seems to have a couple of French connections though:

Arno (fictional character) (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Arno_(fictional_character)&action=edit&redlink=1), by André Juillard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Juillard) and Jacques Martin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Martin_(comics))
Madame Arno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Arno), Parisian artist and fighter
Arno (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Arno_(comics)&action=edit&redlink=1), pseudonym for French comics artist Arnaud Dombre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arno_(name)

ACfan443
03-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Legit Gafers are usually fairly reliable so this may be the first real leak? Would be perfect for me as I finished reading "A Tale of Two Cities" last week :D!

Yeah, the site has quite a few 'leakers' and insiders'. Anyway, if the members claiming that the same user leaked the AC4 details the previous year are correct, then we can safely assume the flight stories are bogus and they're in fact controlled leaks.

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 01:00 AM

hahahahahahahahahah

ACfan443
03-06-2014, 01:03 AM
hahahahahahahahahah

What's so amusing frosty?

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 01:08 AM
What's so amusing frosty?

How sloppy this leak is + the fact that OP leaked before just seems so badly thought out. It's just a bit ridiculous that's all.

ACfan443
03-06-2014, 01:26 AM
How sloppy this leak is + the fact that OP leaked before just seems so badly thought out. It's just a bit ridiculous that's all.

Ubisoft: "Here's some details about our upcoming game, try to them across to the GP through whatever means - perhaps you could use an obscure story? As long as it's believable of course."
Leaker: "Ok. I've got it. planes. yes! Planes"
Ubisoft: "Perfect."

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Ubisoft: "Here's some details about our upcoming game, try to them across to the GP through whatever means - perhaps you could use an obscure story? As long as it's believable of course."
Leaker: "Ok. I've got it. planes. yes! Planes"
Ubisoft: "Perfect."

Ubisoft: "Hey, while you're at it, might as well promote AC:Liberation. it isn't doing too well"

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 01:50 AM
OK, I did a little of digging on this Krimsoncharge person who just "leaked" the info on Unity.

Turns out he is not the person on the plane for Blag Flag, but once the Blag Flag plane story was posted on Neogaf, he was the first one to reply. And this is what he said:

Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous scottish pirate. - LINK (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512183)

So, coop the thing obviously did not happen and he was only kinda right regarding the "golden age" expression. However, the "father of a playable character" bit was pretty spot on.

I'm not registered on Neogaf so I can't look for other posts by him, this is all I could gather. What do you guys think?

If it's true, I'm surprised. Out of all the leaks, I wouldn't believe a second plane history in a million years, especially regarding a PR who just decided to share his secrets with a random person on a plane. Obviously didn't happen, but the leak might be legit or at least close to the truth?

I can only imagine how this plane story came about. Blag Flag's was so unexpected that the person now decided to leak official information in a similar trollish way, lol. That makes sense, at least.

VoXngola
03-06-2014, 02:02 AM
OK, I did a little of digging on this Krimsoncharge person who just "leaked" the info on Unity.

Turns out he is not the person on the plane for Blag Flag, but once the Blag Flag plane story was posted on Neogaf, he was the first one to reply. And this is what he said:

So, coop the thing obviously did not happen and he was only kinda right regarding the "golden age" expression. However, the "father of a playable character" bit was pretty spot on.

I'm not registered on Neogaf so I can't look for other posts by him, this is all I could gather. What do you guys think?

If it's true, I'm surprised. Out of all the leaks, I wouldn't believe a second plane history in a million years, especially regarding a PR who just decided to share his secrets with a random person on a plane. Obviously didn't happen, but the leak might be legit or at least close to the truth?

I can only imagine how this plane story came about. Blag Flag's was so unexpected that the person now decided to leak in a similar trollish way, lol. That makes sense, at least.

Actually he was also spot on regarding the golden age title.It was the codename of AC4:BF (http://www.examiner.com/article/next-assassin-s-creed-code-named-golden-age), just like the the codename of the next supposed AC is called AC:Unity.

That + the theory of yoyonoa put together really makes me believe that this guy is saying the truth. This could be a controlled leak like some others suggested so while the plane thing might be untrue,the details could very much be true.

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Actually he was also spot on regarding the golden age title.It was the codename of AC4:BF (http://www.examiner.com/article/next-assassin-s-creed-code-named-golden-age), just like the the codename of the next supposed AC is called AC:Unity.

The Examiner is not really an actual source, though. It's kinda like a less reliable Wikipedia. If that article is the only one that said Golden Age was AC4's codename, it might as well be fake - probably created after Krimsoncharge's post.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2014, 02:15 AM

You know, that fact the story is pretty similar to AC IV´s leak a year ago makes me doubt too.......

ze_topazio
03-06-2014, 02:31 AM
I just finished playing The Saboteur, I don't really feel like playing another open world game set in France, there's still several months until October/November though.

ze_topazio
03-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Well the pirates were not operating that much around the coast of Brasil like in the area of Carreban sea, and I think It would be nice to climbing on statue of Jesus , It would be heretical on some way and someone might be offended , and also by the wat the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro was bulit and placed there in 1931.

I doubt we gonna see Black Flag 2 , I bealive we will see exotic setting again but that won't be related with pirates.

It doesn't get any more heretical than fist-fighting a Pope in the Sistine Chapel.

Wolfmeister1010
03-06-2014, 02:49 AM
It doesn't get any more heretical than fist-fighting a Pope in the Sistine Chapel.

This might just be my favorite post on these forums of all time.

Goxxi
03-06-2014, 02:52 AM
Well that was not and that can not compare , couse pope Alexander VI was proven criminal and corrupoted and grotesque person as entire Borgia family.
And it's proven that his acts and his behavoir was totally against any Christian values and principles.

Also pope is just a ordinary man and no one pope can be compared with Jesus.

Radman500
03-06-2014, 02:54 AM
so we play as a French Assassin named Arno...who is actually leader of the French Assassins...... and it takes place both in France and England

:cool::cool::cool:

Radman500
03-06-2014, 03:02 AM
is it the French Revolution or Victorian era

Ureh
03-06-2014, 03:13 AM
so we play as a French Assassin named Arno...who is actually leader of the French Assassins...... and it takes place both in France and England

:cool::cool::cool:

When I was 6 years old, I fell into the Arno. I soon found myself driting down into darkness, certain my life was at an end. Instead I awoke with to a new purpose.... The Creed. :cool::cool::cool::p

Radman500
03-06-2014, 03:34 AM
is this French revolution or victorian era?

LoyalACFan
03-06-2014, 06:51 AM
is this French revolution or victorian era?

We don't know, it's highly likely that it's false anyway.

Secu12
03-06-2014, 07:37 AM
This leak about AC: Unity reminds of AC2 and its great free-running and parkour. Because of this I think it will be at least a good game.

Recently I have read on assassin's creed wiki the story of Nikolai Orelov. A game based on the events occured during his life-time, like Great Fall or how that leak was called, it will be aweome. The downside is we already know the story.

Now, what if all leaks are true, being actually future AC titles in development and teasing us with them?

Farlander1991
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM
The Examiner is not really an actual source, though. It's kinda like a less reliable Wikipedia. If that article is the only one that said Golden Age was AC4's codename, it might as well be fake - probably created after Krimsoncharge's post.

No, Golden Age was an actual codename, that I can tell you for a fact.

ACfan443
03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
We don't know, it's highly likely that it's false anyway.

I dunno, everything points to it being a legitimate controlled leak. The OP's history as a leaker lends credibility to the information he shared, not to mention the details he posted about AC4 last year were pretty accurate.

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
No, Golden Age was an actual codename, that I can tell you for a fact.

Well, in that case, the only way he was off was regarding the co op thing. Guess we're heading into more secure leaks now :cool:

menumaxibestof
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
so we play as a French Assassin named Arno...

Actually, it must be Arnaud (pronounced "Arno"), a common french name.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM

They have been caught out a few times over the past week with fake leaks - so never say never ;)

nonlifer27
03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Actually, it must be Arnaud (pronounced "Arno"), a common french name.

The name could be Arno as Arno means EAGLE/WOLF in German like the other names of AC's main protagonists.

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
They have been caught out a few times over the past week with fake leaks - so never say never ;)

Ahh that game has been such a mess for the leakers of Neogaf :p.

But they do on occasion get things right.

Rengarious
03-06-2014, 07:24 PM

So Mr Shade...according to your signature... Everything is Permitted. So with that being said.. you could perhaps confirm this leak for us yes right? :)

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
So Mr Shade...according to your signature... Everything is Permitted. So with that being said.. you could perhaps confirm this leak for us yes right? :)

I - as do Ubisoft - never comment on rumour and speculation.

You're all adults - and have seen the amount of 'leaks' over the past few weeks - so I'll leave it to you to decide - since anything I say, as you can read in here, people ignore anyway - LOL ;)

Dome500
03-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm starting to hate leaks.... they give you false hope :D

Hans684
03-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I thought about this a lot. And talked with my friends about it, I would love to see a present day AC, that would be amazing, but there are games like It right now. Watch dogs, Splinter cell, and I think one of the reasons why ac got so big is because of the historical events it brings to its game. Lots of people asked ubisoft for a present day AC and I think that's why they made The Division. Its a Whole new market for them. And I agree, as much as I want to see a preset day AC, I think they should stick to their plan. They still have lots of historical moments to visit. Why fix whats not broken?

It does have potential and it would be different from W_D, SC and TD. Sure they might borrow from them if they do it but it would be something different. People usually want era's that make the games more or less the same but I prefer era's people don't want only because it would make the games unique. A present day AC would be unique, a Wild West AC would be unique, a AC in the time of the first civ would be unique... I don't want the same again and again angain until it becomes the deffiantion of insanity, have I ever told you the definition of insanity? It's doing the same mother****ing thing over and over and expecting **** to change. I want improvement and change while still staying to it's core. A present day AC would do that and many other unwanted, cliche era's.

And of the other hand, The devision is a perfect idea accept one part and that is that theres no campaign. Always online, and if your friends arnt available to play the game the same time as you, you have t play alone, and you will get killed right away and get your ish stolen. I hate that. I don't get why theres no single player mode. so stupid Pvp always is a bad idea. for me at least

I hade interest in The Division until I found out it is and always online, no SP and PvP.

(Hans, desmond does not count, were talking about full present day AC title, ubisoft wont do it because that's not what AC Is about)

How would I not know we are talking about full present day(or modern settings) AC and you lost we with the last part. That is not why they don't do it and if it wasn't about AC it would never have been part of either.

All I am saying is that Ubisoft would make themselves concurrence.

But then again, since this does not DEFINE the whole Assassins Creed franchise, because it would probably only be for 1 game (once in a while, they do not have to make ALL the games in modern times after all...) , and since games like WD or SC probably only come out every 2 - 3 years it could work pretty well if set in a time frame where neither a WD game nor a SC game is released.....

Don't want the series to only be modern day but a present day AC once in a while would be healthy. A breathe of fresh air and it furthers the story more too, the games so far focus so much on the past that the modern day story is moving slow.

Idk, I think it is definitely a change in a way. With overhaul I meant to define the mechanics new from ground up. Sorry if I used the wrong word for it.

More defining than change.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Who knows what's tru or not. But I think the Unity/French is the besttheory we have atm. Maybe we know more next week.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Who knows what's tru or not. But I think the Unity/French is the besttheory we have atm. Maybe we know more next week.

I seriously hope so, this is starting to get exhausting, even if I am happy that Watch Dogs' release date is finally announced...

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Watch Dogs delay just got in the way of things, Ubisoft marketing needs to wade carefully and make sure most of its focus is on Watch Dogs and I'd now hazard a guess Assassins Creed V will get a very low-key announcement with a lot more than usual at E3 to be shown off once Watch Dogs is out in peoples hands.

Last thing they want to do it sabotage their next open-world game with another one of them coming out later by taking the marketing and hype away.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Watch Dogs delay just got in the way of things, Ubisoft marketing needs to wade carefully and make sure most of its focus is on Watch Dogs and I'd now hazard a guess Assassins Creed V will get a very low-key announcement with a lot more than usual at E3 to be shown off once Watch Dogs is out in peoples hands.

Last thing they want to do it sabotage their next open-world game with another one of them coming out later by taking the marketing and hype away.

Well, I think it's also possible to hype each other.

1. Watch Dogs is a new IP and if I am correct (just checked it some days ago) Watch Dogs will cost less than Assassins Creed normally does.
2. The quality of one IP of a developer can be a good indication as to what you can expect from the rest
3. The more media presence Ubisoft has, the more people will talk about ALL of their games
4. With games like AC, WD and The Division Ubisoft can actually not afford having the announcements/advertising too far from each other, especially if there is 1 additional game they yet have to announce and of which it is still unclear what it is (Far Cry 4? Rainbow Six? A new Ghost Recon? A second Assassins Creed?)

I think they will probably start announcement in 1 or 2 weeks. That way Watch Dogs had it's moment in the spotlight and will be remembered, while AC fans can be excited about the new AC game. A lot of people who play Ubi games are real Ubi fans, and I assume a lot of AC fans will try to shorten the wait for the new AC game by playing another Ubisoft game such as Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell.

So I don't see them coming in each others way THAT MUCH. Otherwise a company with multiple IP's would have huge problems all the time, which is not the case. Most people have enough money to buy more than one game a year (a lot more).

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 11:31 PM
I personally think Ubi will only focus on AC's annoucement after Watch Dogs is out of the picture. It is a big tittle for them and the begining of a new franchise, so it has a lot more to loose. It was already odd how AC4 and WD were going to fight each other for sales. They have to be careful to not put 2 games of their own stealing players from each other.

Now, they probably want to be over with one and then move on to the next.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 11:49 PM
I personally think Ubi will only focus on AC's annoucement after Watch Dogs is out of the picture. It is a big tittle for them and the begining of a new franchise, so it has a lot more to loose. It was already odd how AC4 and WD were going to fight each other for sales. They have to be careful to not put 2 games of their own stealing players from each other.

Now, they probably want to be over with one and then move on to the next.

But then again, that does not in the least mean they only start with AC announcements after WD is released. If they'd go that way they could never announce 2 titles within the same year or within the same 6 months. That#s ridiculous. WD has already a big following, and a lot of AC fans will buy both.

Marketing Campaigns are supposed to have a long-term effect, not a short one. Therefore, stalling one campaign for another would in the end only make advertising harder and less successful.

They are both good games, their releases are far enough from each other, I do not see 1 single solid reason why they should wait until Watch Dogs release before they announce ACV. None.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 12:16 AM
But then again, that does not in the least mean they only start with AC announcements after WD is released. If they'd go that way they could never announce 2 titles within the same year or within the same 6 months. That#s ridiculous. WD has already a big following, and a lot of AC fans will buy both.

Marketing Campaigns are supposed to have a long-term effect, not a short one. Therefore, stalling one campaign for another would in the end only make advertising harder and less successful.

They are both good games, their releases are far enough from each other, I do not see 1 single solid reason why they should wait until Watch Dogs release before they announce ACV. None.

They are both good games, but its a case of limited resources. Watch Dogs is out in just under three months they lost a lot of hype when they delayed and caused quite a bit of bad-will when they cancelled the PS4/XB1 Watch Dogs bundle as well.

AC5 is a somewhat different, its a very established brand. Brotherhood and Revelations were both announced in May and went on to be good successes. AC5 could see a low-key announcement, a title, show of the character and announcement trailer as is traditional and the usual interviews but then nothing until after May 27th.

Watch Dogs needs the attention, it needs every ounce of marketing thrown at for the moment in order for it to succeed to their expectations.

frodrigues55
03-07-2014, 12:26 AM

Well, it's all what I personally think but I don't really know everything that goes on with it.

It's not uncommon to hear about marketing costs that are just as big as development costs, and I'm sure WD has a lot more to lose than AC so it's probably getting the bigger budget. And maybe announcing AC now would make marketing less efficient for AC? WD is a big topic right now and it's flooding game news. People are discussing it everywhere. AC could get easily overlooked, especially since each new AC makes the active gaming community mad, no matter how good the game is.

Focusing on WD could also make the AC gap feel a little longer and give Black Flag a bit more of life among players. Ubi's report said the pace of sales for Black Flag at this time of period is looking better than AC3's was, so why slow it down with a new AC if they have WD to hold things over?

They are both good games, but its a case of limited resources. Watch Dogs is out in just under three months they lost a lot of hype when they delayed and caused quite a bit of bad-will when they cancelled the PS4/XB1 Watch Dogs bundle as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. Marketing demands money, delaying demands money, and WD already has demanded too much money. AC is in a "safer" place so I would assume budget and focus will go to WD this time of the year. Besides, if WD fails, is not just one game that fails. It's an entire franchise that could be lost.

Megas_Doux
03-07-2014, 12:37 AM

AC5 is a somewhat different, its a very established brand. Brotherhood and Revelations were both announced in May and went on to be good successes. AC5 could see a low-key announcement, a title, show of the character and announcement trailer as is traditional and the usual interviews but then nothing until after May 27th.

Watch Dogs needs the attention, it needs every ounce of marketing thrown at for the moment in order for it to succeed to their expectations.

I wish that Watch dogs delay could mean AC V not being release on 2014...........

PD AC IV is my favorite gameplay wise though.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 12:44 AM
I wish that Watch dogs delay could mean AC V not being release on 2014...........

PD AC IV is my favorite gameplay wise though.

They've got three games being worked on continuously on a 2.5-3 year development cycle that likely won't happen.

And with Watch Dogs out May 27th, no where near the traditional October/November to threaten it.

May is actually good timing truth be told, right before the summer drought we all seem to go through in the gaming world.

frodrigues55
03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
They've got three games being worked on continuously on a 2.5-3 year development cycle that likely won't happen.

And with Watch Dogs out May 27th, no where near the traditional October/November to threaten it.

May is actually good timing truth be told, right before the summer drought we all seem to go through in the gaming world.

Yeah, they had two big tittles for late 2013 (Ac4/WD) and just 1 big tittle coming for late 2014 (AC5).

WD's delay and new release date makes things better spread out through the year, especially since May is a good month for sales too as far as I know. The Division is now rumored to come out 2015, right?

LoyalACFan
03-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Yeah, they had two big tittles for late 2013 and just 1 big tittle coming for late 2014. With WD's delay and new release date makes things better spread out through the year, especially since May is a good month for sales too as far as I know. The Division is now rumored to come out 2015, right?

Yeah, the Division probably isn't coming out this year, but even if it was I don't think it would pose too much of a problem for AC. It's a very different kind of game aimed at an entirely different demographic. Most people who are really interested in the Division probably won't be overly concerned with AC, and vice versa. At least the people I've talked to about it anyway.

In any case, there's undoubtedly going to be an AC this year (and every year for the foreseeable future); the only question is when it's going to be announced. I'm REALLY surprised it hasn't been already. Perhaps next Thursday.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah, they had two big tittles for late 2013 and just 1 big tittle coming for late 2014. With WD's delay and new release date makes things better spread out through the year, especially since May is a good month for sales too as far as I know. The Division is now rumored to come out 2015, right?

Sounds about right, however the Division doesn't directly compete with Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs truth be told so would be acceptable within a similar timeframe.

frodrigues55
03-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Yeah, the Division probably isn't coming out this year, but even if it was I don't think it would pose too much of a problem for AC. It's a very different kind of game aimed at an entirely different demographic. Most people who are really interested in the Division probably won't be overly concerned with AC, and vice versa. At least the people I've talked to about it anyway.

In any case, there's undoubtedly going to be an AC this year (and every year for the foreseeable future); the only question is when it's going to be announced. I'm REALLY surprised it hasn't been already. Perhaps next Thursday.

Sounds about right, however the Division doesn't directly compete with Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs truth be told so would be acceptable within a similar timeframe.

Oh yeah, I agree, I don't think Division is a problem to AC - What I meant to say is that Ubi has a lot of big tittles lined up and they probably don't want them all squeezed within the same fiscal year. Everyone wants a happy 2014 but if they already have that locked up with 2 big games, why not save the others for next year? That's what I think anyway, but most business work like this whenever there are many risks and too much money involved.

As for the next AC, I have no doubt it will come this year, yeah. Are we even sure it's going to be a big numbered released? Their pattern is MAY announcements for the "smaller" AC releases like Brotherhood/Revelations, which in this year's case, would happen just after WD is released. It would make sense.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-07-2014, 07:50 AM
I heard from a very reliable source that they won't be releasing Assassins Creed V until next year as next gen exclusive and instead they will be releasing Lego Assassins Creed staring Connor
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33000000/Lego-Connor-the-assassins-33039030-480-480.jpg?1394175050950

overdidd
03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
So I went to Montreal the other day to visit my grandparents and I figured I should pay a visit to the Ubisoft headquarters as well.
Of course they didn't let me in but I did see Jade Raymond getting out of her car ready to head inside the Ubi headquarters.

Now I know what I'll be saying will be controversial around here but you must believe me. She had concept art of ACV with some other stuff in her hands.
I'm SURE I saw some sort of muffin fighting like a devil dressed as a man.
And to proof my story I even took a picture.

PICTURE: http://oi59.tinypic.com/1196scz.jpg

Dome500
03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
So I went to Montreal the other day to visit my grandparents and I figured I should pay a visit to the Ubisoft headquarters as well.
Of course they didn't let me in but I did see Jade Raymond getting out of her car ready to head inside the Ubi headquarters.

Now I know what I'll be saying will be controversial around here but you must believe me. She had concept art of ACV with some other stuff in her hands.
I'm SURE I saw some sort of muffin fighting like a devil dressed as a man.
And to proof my story I even took a picture.

PICTURE: http://oi59.tinypic.com/1196scz.jpg

Definitely a solid leak here ;)

ze_topazio
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
My theory:

I still believe I am correct.

GrubbierSnow85
03-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Check this out:

http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/info-intox-rumeur-assassin-creed-ac5-informations-leak-fuite-epoque-lieux-france-angleterre-unity-189432-1

LoyalACFan
03-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Check this out:

http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/info-intox-rumeur-assassin-creed-ac5-informations-leak-fuite-epoque-lieux-france-angleterre-unity-189432-1

Just a French translation of the Arnaud thing from earlier this week. Could be true, could be fake.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Geoff Keighley has an Interview with Jade Raymond on Sunday. Probably nothing but who knows.

oliacr
03-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Geoff Keighley has an Interview with Jade Raymond on Sunday. Probably nothing but who knows.

They should have announced it this week, but nevermind. Maybe the next week, because this week was all about Watch Dogs. So the next week will be about AC.

Goxxi
03-08-2014, 12:01 AM
I hope that Jade will finally say which is her favorite historical period.

I really hope that we will get some 1st informations about ACV next week , probably a few pictures and few informations , then on PAX 1st trailer and at E3 2014 1st gameplay trailer.

But I think that those leaks about unity are real ; )

ze_topazio
03-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I hope Jade favourite time period has something to do with Portugal, a man can dream right?

Mr.GoodKall
03-08-2014, 04:26 AM
If true, its Egypt!!!

In a 2008 interview with GameInformer magazine, Jade said that her dream is to one day bring AC to Egypt. It has been her favorite historical setting since she was very young, she visited the Cairo Pyrimids 3 times. -- This was something i was told today, but i couldnt find anything about it online... maybe because its another rumor.... or maybe because it happened in 2008.. Don't know

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-08-2014, 04:41 AM
I hope Jade favourite time period has something to do with Portugal, a man can dream right?

I'd love if they just made your game idea with the Assassin hideout in the Andes which doubles as half of the "frontier" area while the other half is the Amazon. Plus those cities could be bloody fantastic!

That or China. Honestly, I'd prefer China for AC5 because I personally love Chinese and Chinese-inspired stuff and because it'd be a complete and total breath of fresh air from all the Euro stuff we've had. Seriously... the Ezio trilogy primarily took place in Italy and starred an Italian man. AC3 takes place in Euro colonies in the 1700s, ACL takes place in a Euro colony in the 1700s, AC4 takes place in a Euro-controlled area of the New World during the 1700s...

I just want to move both away from European-influenced stuff for at least A game while also moving back in time and away from the 1700s. That's why I really hope the actual AC5 is nothing like the supposed leak because that's both London AND during the 1800s which is... blegh. So... AC5: China. AC6: South America like you say.

Rugterwyper32
03-08-2014, 05:05 AM
I'd love if they just made your game idea with the Assassin hideout in the Andes which doubles as half of the "frontier" area while the other half is the Amazon. Plus those cities could be bloody fantastic!

That or China. Honestly, I'd prefer China for AC5 because I personally love Chinese and Chinese-inspired stuff and because it'd be a complete and total breath of fresh air from all the Euro stuff we've had. Seriously... the Ezio trilogy primarily took place in Italy and starred an Italian man. AC3 takes place in Euro colonies in the 1700s, ACL takes place in a Euro colony in the 1700s, AC4 takes place in a Euro-controlled area of the New World during the 1700s...

I just want to move both away from European-influenced stuff for at least A game while also moving back in time and away from the 1700s. That's why I really hope the actual AC5 is nothing like the supposed leak because that's both London AND during the 1800s which is... blegh. So... AC5: China. AC6: South America like you say.

Well, if it's Portugal it wouldn't be South America, it's Europe we're talking about. And, truth be told, a Spain/Portugal game set during the Reconquista would be absolutely glorious and I'd be so happy if that ever happened.
My guess is, the next game will be China (Jade mentioning the travels of Marco Polo before, hints towards it), but was it Europe I'd have absolutely no problem, I frankly don't mind more stuff in Europe.

Ureh
03-08-2014, 05:14 AM
I still believe I am correct.

What about AC11 and so on? Or is it just an endless cycle? :P;)

Radman500
03-08-2014, 06:00 AM

um thats extremely racist and prejudice

european isn't one monolithic thing.... there are various countries that are different from each other in many ways

sweden is different from britain which is different from france....

AlexEzio89
03-08-2014, 06:39 AM
the last 2 Ac in 8 march is alredy oficial this year is not the same :).....i hope next week to have 1 leak.(serios leak) ...

ze_topazio
03-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I too would like them to move away from western civilization for a while.

Well, if it's Portugal it wouldn't be South America, it's Europe we're talking about. And, truth be told, a Spain/Portugal game set during the Reconquista would be absolutely glorious and I'd be so happy if that ever happened.
My guess is, the next game will be China (Jade mentioning the travels of Marco Polo before, hints towards it), but was it Europe I'd have absolutely no problem, I frankly don't mind more stuff in Europe.

To be fair I didn't said it had to be Portugal itself, can be any of the colonies or any place we were involved somehow, if it's Japan, could be around the time the Portuguese arrived in 1543 or when they were expelled in 1639 or between this two events.

What about AC11 and so on? Or is it just an endless cycle? :P;)

Yes, Middle east -> Europe -> North America -> Central America/Caribbeans -> South America -> Africa -> Australia and surrounding islands -> Far East Asia -> South Asia, an endless cycle we can't escape from.

Hans684
03-08-2014, 10:07 PM
https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/photos/a.368664643234451.1073741825.340276136073302/477595565674691/?type=1

Possible the new protagonist? Or just some other version of one of the previous protagonists?

STDlyMcStudpants
03-08-2014, 10:15 PM
WOW..what more could they do?http://i61.tinypic.com/iddv1t.png
Also the numbers.. Monday?

oliacr
03-08-2014, 10:23 PM
ACIVs announcement trailer was leaked on March 2, 2013 Saturday. The trailer was officialy released on March 4, 2013 Monday. So that could be the date finally.

Assassin_M
03-08-2014, 10:23 PM
well, it's gone now...

And oh my god, I will laugh so hard if this turns out true

dex3108
03-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Possible new Assassin

http://s23.postimg.org/6i3yby9sr/1393007612494.jpg

Edward was on that wall before

http://www.globalgameport.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18917&d=1393007666

Credits
https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6686/page/1

xPipBoy

Looks so fake... why there's a space in the beginning of the tweet and why i can't find it on ubisoft twitter?

STDlyMcStudpants
well, it's gone now...

And oh my god, I will laugh so hard if this turns out true

maybe they were trying to be funny and no one laughed hahahahaha

STDlyMcStudpants
03-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Possible new Assassin

Credits

Eh maybe..the new poster looks too dull with no character compared to edwards..im not biting

SchlechterWolf
03-08-2014, 10:38 PM
It's clearly fake; the font size of the writing in the false tweet is larger than that of the tweet below, and the date is written in the European format (day followed by month) rather than the North American format (month followed by day) which Ubisoft uses.

Dome500
03-08-2014, 10:40 PM
More Ezio? There is actually no single way this could possibly be.

Unless....... Ezio is a side character this time around (as very old Ezio if you know what I mean ;) )

and the date is written in the European format (day followed by month) rather than the North American format (month followed by day) which Ubisoft uses.

I never got the logic behind that to be honest. Why would you name the month before the day?

It's either: Year - Month - Day or Day - Month - Year. What fool had the idea to change it into Month - Day - Year ? :confused:

Seriously, no logic behind that system, no offense Americans.

xPipBoy
03-08-2014, 10:40 PM
GUYS! Ign said that on monday there will be 2 games announcements that will make greg miller very very happy. And you know... ac is one of his favourites games...

Dome500
03-08-2014, 10:43 PM
GUYS! Ign said that on monday there will be 2 games announcements that will make greg miller very very happy. And you know... ac is one of his favourites games...

Sounds interesting. I'll keep my eyes open...

STDlyMcStudpants
03-08-2014, 10:46 PM

Is it really? He actually usually seems very snobby towards the series...
And just to ease everyone i made the twitter pic just to rally people up because i know how much you all love what ezio's trillogy did to the series :D

xPipBoy
03-08-2014, 10:49 PM
I think we are finally close to the announcement. We have some leaks that are probably legit (ac unity on neogaf and now this picture), and ign is clearly hinting at something. Also, ubisoft announces games in the beginning of the week. So... let's wait guys... but this time there's really hope!

ACfan443
03-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Possible new Assassin

Credits

Finer details/period features aren't really discernible because of the low image quality, but the colour and style appear to be very similar to that of the outfits in The Order 1886, which of course is set in the Victorian era. I'm probably clutching at straws, but it's fun to speculate.

These leaks are also a sign we're getting closer to the announcement.

oliacr
03-08-2014, 11:16 PM
We are very close. That guy from the picture must be from ancient ages :D :D

VoXngola
03-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Tomorrow Geoff Keighley is going to have an interview with Jade Raymond. IGN Posted 2 tweets that say something about Ubi Montreal and that on Monday they are going to announce 2 games, which apparently are going to make Greg happy. And now we got this leak.

Guys, I think we are very damn close.

oliacr
03-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Tomorrow Geoff Keighley is going to have an interview with Jade Raymond. IGN Posted 2 tweets that say something about Ubi Montreal and that on Monday they are going to announce 2 games, which apparently are going to make Greg happy. And now we got this leak.

Closer than you think

Dome500
03-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Assumptions and Conlusions:

Assumed Location: England or France
Assumed Timeline: 17th - 19th century

1. Assumed Assassins Creed V era and location conclusion:
We play in 2 countries, the locations being Paris and London in the time of the Napoleonic Wars and Victorian England (those times crossed each other).

2. Assumed Assassins Creed V era and location conclusion:
We play in 2 countries, the locations being Paris and London during the time of the English Civil War and the European 30years-war

To be honest, I've got no idea ;)

silvermercy
03-09-2014, 12:06 AM
He seems very... posh... ^_^

I'm guessing 19th century British (or French). But I'm seeing him as more British.

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 12:14 AM
maybe we can team up with Jack the Ripper to hunt down Templar prostitutes

or maybe

he is Jack the Ripper

Kaschra
03-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Nice, finally some more rumours and leaks!
Hm, black as the default colour for the robes would be pretty awesme.

And that AC Unity rumour.... interesting, interesting.

Radman500
03-09-2014, 01:13 AM
it seems like he looks high class?

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 01:28 AM
GAHHHH WE HAVE OUR FIRST (POTENTIALLY) LEGIT LEAK!!!! *squeals*

He looks incredibly badass to be honest. I'm loving the black color scheme, and it'll be really cool to maybe play as a wealthy Assassin. Hopefully he isn't deposed and turned into a peasant at the beginning of the game like Ezio.

ACfan443
03-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Tomorrow Geoff Keighley is going to have an interview with Jade Raymond.IGN Posted 2 tweets that say something about Ubi Montreal and that on Monday they are going to announce 2 games, which apparently are going to make Greg happy. And now we got this leak.

Can't wait for this, hopefully we'll get some hints. I'm sure she'll be faced with the inevitable question of what her favourite time period is.

SchlechterWolf
03-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Jade's interview at SXSW will concern her career in the video-game industry, video-game crossover media such as films and books, and the future of video-games in general. She'll only mention Assassin's Creed within these parameters.

I don't expect her to reveal anything about Assassin's Creed V; it would neither be her duty nor her prerogative to do so.

Consus_E
03-09-2014, 04:15 AM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-wait-for-the-next-assassin-s-creed.png

pacmanate
03-09-2014, 05:06 AM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-wait-for-the-next-assassin-s-creed.png
this needs to be on the forum homepage

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 05:33 AM
there were some leaks in my noodle bowl

Assassin's Creed V setting confirmed

D.I.D.
03-09-2014, 02:22 PM
I never got the logic behind that to be honest. Why would you name the month before the day?

It's either: Year - Month - Day or Day - Month - Year. What fool had the idea to change it into Month - Day - Year ? :confused:

Seriously, no logic behind that system, no offense Americans.

It makes a lot of sense if you've ever worked in clerical administration, especially with paper systems. Really, it's our mode that makes no sense.

Everyone should have used the American system. If you're looking through a load of dates, the month is easy to see, and you work by that first, then day number. I do a lot of audio/visual work involving lots of alternative edits, so every file I make has the date in six digits at the beginning so that they stay in order. I also move year to the front. So a file made today would be called "140309filename".

This is the worst thing I have ever said on the internet.

overdidd
03-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Guys, it's that time again... Yet another 'leaked' picture..
http://cs606419.vk.me/v606419114/33bc/3M_AzD6l8Ts.jpg

Real or fake?

prince162010
03-09-2014, 03:35 PM
That was really awesome >> tomorrow will be the announcement of the new AC game ^^ :rolleyes:

oliacr
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM

Real or fake?

it could be both. for me it looks fake because we have already got a picture like this about the egyptian setting.

Shahkulu101
03-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Real or fake?

Well if that is real that sure is a FUGLY *** opening screen. :nonchalance:

And is that yet more sea I'm spotting?... Bleurgh.

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 03:43 PM
where is Fadi002 when you need him

SixKeys
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM

Real or fake?

Looks too similar to AC2's white room. I would hope Ubi would try to go for a more innovative design. I say fake.

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I've just had a thought

what if this is all a cruel joke [perpetrated by Yves and the AC series has just been cancelled with WD as the new annual cash cow] as payback for all the times we made fun of him on these forums

Shahkulu101
03-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Looks too similar to AC2's white room. I would hope Ubi would try to go for a more innovative design. I say fake.

I guess it wouldn't be entirely unthinkable for them to go back to the Animus 2.0 style. It did provide the cleanest looking HUD and UI - apart from AC2's horrid health bar. Something similar would be welcome, actually.

BK-110
03-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I've just had a thought

what if this is all a cruel joke [perpetrated by Yves and the AC series has just been cancelled with WD as the new annual cash cow] as payback for all the times we made fun of him on these forums

You really think Yves wouldn't rather have two cash cows? Besides, they don't know whether Watch Dog's gonna be a cash cow yet.

prince162010
03-09-2014, 03:56 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/5jhh4vjtt/ign.jpg

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 03:57 PM

Real or fake?

I'd say fake, but who knows. If someone was going to take the time to troll us with a fake, you'd think they'd at least make it legible. You can't see half the screen for the glare.

DavidPage
03-09-2014, 04:03 PM

Real or fake?

May be real. Not sure. But doesn't anyone see that the V is the logo upside down like the supposed poster? And in the background is something resembling trees. At a glance all that. If we analyse it I'm not sure what we'll find, considering it's full of flare... But please be real. And please at least one or two more leaks before the day is over!...

DavidPage
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
May be real. Not sure. But doesn't anyone see that the V is the logo upside down like the supposed poster? And in the background is something resembling trees. At a glance all that. If we analyse it I'm not sure what we'll find, considering it's full of flare... But please be real. And please at least one or two more leaks before the day is over!...

I also see smoke behind the trees so it may very well be Victorian London with surrounding countryside... (I don't know if it looks like that, haven't been to the UK)

SixKeys
03-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I guess it wouldn't be entirely unthinkable for them to go back to the Animus 2.0 style. It did provide the cleanest looking HUD and UI - apart from AC2's horrid health bar. Something similar would be welcome, actually.

But they used it for three games. I quite liked AC4's UI - user-friendly and easy on the eyes.

Sushiglutton
03-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it could be the English Channel in the middle with the white cliffs of Dover on the right and a burning Paris on the left (I know Paris is not located at the coast) :).

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it could be the English Channel in the middle with the white cliffs of Dover on the right and a burning Paris on the left (I know Paris is not located at the coast) :).

I definitely think you are, mate :p

Even if it's real, it's so glare-y and devoid of content that it doesn't tell us much of anything anyway.

ACfan443
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
What's with that strange star-like shape at the bottom of the 'V', purely aesthetic or a potential clue? (Probably also reading too much into it).

Sushiglutton
03-09-2014, 04:20 PM
I definitely think you are, mate :p

Even if it's real, it's so glare-y and devoid of content that it doesn't tell us much of anything anyway.

Have to work with what we get, but yeah you are right lol.

Shahkulu101
03-09-2014, 04:22 PM
What's with that strange star-like shape at the bottom of the 'V', purely aesthetic or a potential clue? (Probably also reading too much into it).

'Look to the stars'...

Something we have no clue about confirmed (maybe - one in a million chance - but let's convince ourselves anyway) ! :D

fcederberg
03-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Real or fake?

I think it looks like Big Ben to the left.

ACfan443
03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
'Look to the stars'...

Something we have no clue about confirmed (maybe - one in a million chance - but let's convince ourselves anyway) ! :D

Lol. With AC4 they placed the skull in that position, perhaps this enigmatic shape also has some significance? :p. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the same image but with the obtrusively bright patches toned down a little.

http://i.imgur.com/WgBxJ5Z.jpg

Doesn't really make spotting details any easier, but that does look like water and some sort of rocky formation as others have speculated.

dewgel
03-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Not sure if anyone is bothered but I actually went to the airport and bought a ticket to a random destination so I could get a leak.

You're not going to believe me, but I only bloody plonked my arse down and there's Jade flipping Raymond sat next to me. So obviously I knew I was getting a leak at any moment.

So she turned to me and went "I see you're an Assassin's Creed fan"

I said "How's that?"

She replied "You're on a plane. This is where they all come for their info"

So she unlocked her iPad Mini and before my eyes she had a fully working version of the game. I asked her how she had it all on there running and why she was carrying it but she was all like "I'm using Gaikai!"

So the game is called Assassin's Creed and the main character is an Assassin.

Also, Shia LaBeouf has done the mocap for the main Assassin.

Ian McKellan is replacing Danny Wallace as Shaun Hastings, although they're still using Danny Wallace's look

Then - after she showed me the logo and stuff, out of nowhere I looked at the seat above me, and Patrice Desilets only went and popped his little noggin up from the other side of hi chair.

then the plane crashed and I'm the sole survivor.

#Legit.

dewgel
03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Lol. With AC4 they placed the skull in that position, perhaps this enigmatic shape also has some significance? :p. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the same image but with the obtrusively bright patches toned down a little.

http://i.imgur.com/WgBxJ5Z.jpg

Doesn't really make spotting details any easier, but that does look like water and some sort of rocky formation as others have speculated.

Just pointing out, I doubt that's even legit. If this is the PS4/Xbone only game that's coming, then it wouldn't have PRESS START. It would either have PRESS OPTIONS or PRESS A, or it would have the Xbox "Start" logo.

Not that I'm confirming it's fake, I'm just saying that since 3/Black Flag.. the games haven't said Press Start, and if they have they've had the icon for the start button or a face button like A or X.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/YGFmso4W4us/maxresdefault.jpg

Shahkulu101
03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Not sure if anyone is bothered but I actually went to the airport and bought a ticket to a random destination so I could get a leak.

You're not going to believe me, but I only bloody plonked my arse down and there's Jade flipping Raymond sat next to me. So obviously I knew I was getting a leak at any moment.

So she turned to me and went "I see you're an Assassin's Creed fan"

I said "How's that?"

She replied "You're on a plane. This is where they all come for their info"

So she unlocked her iPad Mini and before my eyes she had a fully working version of the game. I asked her how she had it all on there running and why she was carrying it but she was all like "I'm using Gaikai!"

So the game is called Assassin's Creed and the main character is an Assassin.

Also, Shia LaBeouf has done the mocap for the main Assassin.

Ian McKellan is replacing Danny Wallace as Shaun Hastings, although they're still using Danny Wallace's look

Then - after she showed me the logo and stuff, out of nowhere I looked at the seat above me, and Patrice Desilets only went and popped his little noggin up from the other side of hi chair.

then the plane crashed and I'm the sole survivor.

#Legit.

Thankyou, good sir. Laughs were had - truly.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Just pointing out, I doubt that's even legit. If this is the PS4/Xbone only game that's coming, then it wouldn't have PRESS START. It would either have PRESS OPTIONS or PRESS A, or it would have the Xbox "Start" logo.

Not that I'm confirming it's fake, I'm just saying that since 3/Black Flag.. the games haven't said Press Start, and if they have they've had the icon for the start button or a face button like A or X.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/YGFmso4W4us/maxresdefault.jpg
It's definitely from a PC then :nonchalance: .

Will_Lucky
03-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Thats the problem with most of these supposed screenshots, they all say Press Start. Absolutely all of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention that IGN are announcing two new games on Monday. So let the hype train commence again.

Jayden_TSoni
03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Source Engine = fake :(

jayjay275
03-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Thats the problem with most of these supposed screenshots, they all say Press Start. Absolutely all of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention that IGN are announcing two new games on Monday. So let the hype train commence again.

Not to stop the train, but why would IGN announce an Assassin's Creed game, wouldn't Ubisoft? I'm expecting it only to be indie games. :O

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Not to stop the train, but why would IGN announce an Assassin's Creed game, wouldn't Ubisoft? I'm expecting it only to be indie games. :O
IGN teased the announcement of 2 new games at their UpAtNoon show. Announcing an AC game during the show dows not mean that Ubi cannot simultaneously release press articles and trailers.

jayjay275
03-09-2014, 06:30 PM
IGN teased the announcement of 2 new games at their UpAtNoon show. Announcing an AC game during the show dows not mean that Ubi cannot simultaneously release press articles and trailers.

Fair point, though that 'UpAtNoon' show isn't really a "big event" and I'm unsure whether it has a large audience too. So riddle me this, why announce a blockbuster franchise on a not-so-popular show?

VoXngola
03-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Fair point, though that 'UpAtNoon' show isn't really a "big event" and I'm unsure whether it has a large audience too. So riddle me this, why announce a blockbuster franchise on a not-so-popular show?

I suppose it doesn't really matter to Ubisoft seeing as AC is so hugely popular. If it gets announced, everyone will know about it and go crazy anyway. I don't think it really matters where AC gets announced.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:34 PM
So riddle me this, why announce a blockbuster franchise on a not-so-popular show?
I 'm not Batman.

jayjay275
03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I 'm not Batman.

I suppose it doesn't really matter to Ubisoft seeing as AC is so hugely popular. If it gets announced, everyone will know about it and go crazy anyway. I don't think it really matters where AC gets announced.

Haha, you got the reference. :-P

I guess so gola, but it seems odd to me.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Haha, you got the reference. :-P
Hehe, big Arkham series and New 52 Batman fan here :cool: .

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Guess time will tell what games IGN are on about.

least this hype will bump the viewing figures for him!

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Guess time will tell what games IGN are on about.

least this hype will bump the viewing figures for him!
So true. Personally, I hope it is tomorrow. I got exams and Tuesday and the news of a new AC will be rejuvenating.

Will_Lucky
03-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Well, IGN have a reporter visiting Ubisoft Montreal today. Not sure if its for Watch Dogs or AC.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Well, IGN have a reporter visiting Ubisoft Montreal today. Not sure if its for Watch Dogs or AC.
They have an interview with Jade Raymonds planned. Or at least, that's what they are saying :p .

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 07:36 PM
hmmm

sure it's not to do with this?

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/437845440474931200

Not saying it is.. but..

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 12h
Just arrived in Austin for @SXSW. Good chats tomorrow planned with @xboxp3 and Jade Raymond. Won't be streamed online unfortunately.

SchlechterWolf
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
hmmm

sure it's not to do with this?

That's the one - but Jade's interview won't have anything to do with Assassin's Creed V. As I explained earlier in this thread ...

Jade's interview at SXSW will concern her career in the video-game industry, video-game crossover media such as films and books, and the future of video-games in general. She'll only mention Assassin's Creed within these parameters.

I don't expect her to reveal anything about Assassin's Creed V; it would neither be her duty nor her prerogative to do so.

Here's the SXSW schedule (http://schedule.sxsw.com/2014/events/event_IAP27086) with information about the event.

Why would Jade discuss Assassin's Creed V when she no longer works at Ubisoft Montréal? Does Ubisoft Toronto even play a role in the production of Assassin's Creed?

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 08:08 PM
indeed…

Took me 3 seconds to find that - maybe some are jumping the gun a bit.. however I'm not one to say..

oliacr
03-09-2014, 08:10 PM
indeed…

Took me 3 seconds to find that - maybe some are jumping the gun a bit.. however I'm not one to say..

What have you done? :(

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Me?

Nothing - other than using google ;)

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Mr. Shade

you aren't making these "leaks" are you?

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Mr. Shade

you aren't making these "leaks" are you?

Wish I was.. might be enjoying them more..

Just makes my life a pain when I have to deal with the fallout ;)

lothario-da-be
03-09-2014, 09:04 PM

Real or fake?
This one is fake, Darby said the next ac game won't be from abstergo's point of view, and I see an abstergo logo.

Wolfmeister1010
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM

Shade said fallout.

Fallout 4 confirmed.

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Shade said fallout.

Fallout 4 confirmed.

developed by Obsidian with the proper budget and dev time this time?

Consus_E
03-09-2014, 09:44 PM
this needs to be on the forum homepage

This needs to be the entire forum background and replace Edward :p

Hans684
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
This one is fake, Darby said the next ac game won't be from abstergo's point of view, and I see an abstergo logo.

He said it won't be at Abstergo Entertainment.

ze_topazio
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM

I noticed you have been saying that a lot, could that mean that the real setting is actually not as interesting as the ones from the leaks and you are sneakily trying to prepare us all for the massive disappointment that will ensue once the game is finally announced?

xPipBoy
03-09-2014, 10:27 PM
I noticed you have been saying that a lot, could that mean that the real setting is actually not as interesting as the ones from the leaks and you are sneakily trying to prepare us all for the massive disappointment that will ensue once the game is finally announced?

Maybe he just wants us to think that because the real setting has been already leaked and he wants to hide it until ubisoft will announce the game

RatonhnhakeFan
03-09-2014, 11:25 PM

Real or fake?

Fake, it's a cool shop but background is straight out this (quite famous) wallpaper:

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/wallpaper_london_destroyed_small.jpg

Info from this leak is the most likely 'candidate': http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103289495&postcount=1

So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Worst part it, I'm fairly certain its the same guy who leaked AC4 info previously as a result of a plane flight. He was right on certain facts about AC4 including the codename for the title in its development.

I'd guess either he is an insider, incredibly lucky about his flight destinations or its a controlled leak. That or he wants another 15 minutes of fame.

Edit: Also, I stated an IGN reporter was at Ubisoft Montreal today, why would he head their for an interview with Raymond when she is currently in Texas for the SXSW event? He is going their for WD or AC.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Not the same guy. This guy however leaked ACL HD before and a bunch of other Ubisoft projects so it's most likely true. And the entire post is referencing his ACL Vita leak and "Golden Age" flight leak (from a different user) covering up any actual means he got the info from.

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Not the same guy. This guy however leaked ACL HD before and a bunch of other Ubisoft projects so it's most likely true. And the entire post is referencing his ACL Vita leak and "Golden Age" flight leak (from a different user) covering up any actual means he got the info from.

The story by that guy on Gaf was posted here a while back, and he did contribute to the AC4 leaks, he mentioned that we'd play as the grandfather of an already playable character (and a few other things). So he's pretty reliable.

Also, nice debunk of that image leak above.

Shahkulu101
03-10-2014, 01:37 AM
developed by Obsidian with the proper budget and dev time this time?

They are too busy with 12 hour RPG's at the moment.

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 01:40 AM
If it is the same guy posting all these (legit) leaks every year, it seems awfully convenient that he somehow always manages to be on the same plane with Ubi representatives. :p He's probably an insider or knows someone who is.