PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed V is Set in Ancient Egypt!!!

Pharaohjoejoe
03-05-2014, 06:14 AM
They basically told us themselves yet it seems that nobody on the internet has put the pieces together lolol

When Jade Raymond said Assassin's Creed V would not be set in Feudal Japan she said it would instead be heading to her favourite historical time period, so I took to her wiki and bam, it says her favourite time period is Ancient Egypt, which is also mine so I'm really happy about this!
Well there you have it folks, expect an official announcement ASAP :D

Edit: To even further backup what I've said (not that I really need to), there was a screenshot they released a while back that had Egyptian architecture all over it, and the cancelled game Osiris (who is the Egyptian god of the afterlife), that was obviously cancelled so it could become an entry in the Assassin's Creed series instead, also back in October Ashraf Ismail said he too would like to see the series go to Egypt, it all points to Egypt people!!!

Perk89
03-05-2014, 06:20 AM
I doubt they'd pick such a terrible setting as that. It looks like they are pretty committed to doing interesting settings that will make for great locations.

Pharaohjoejoe
03-05-2014, 06:25 AM
I doubt they'd lick such a terrible setting as that. It looks like they are pretty committed to doing interesting settings that will make for great locations.

So you're doubting what I've said because you personally don't like the setting? If you'd research what I've said above you'd find out for yourself that I'm correct.

ACLexter
03-05-2014, 06:55 AM
hmm, interesting.
it seems they will announce it very soon,
I checked this site last week and I'm pretty sure there is no favorite setting included on the article and it was only edited yesterday.
quick question, how does the edit system on Wiki works? is it allowed for everyone to edit the page? or is there any restriction?

poptartz20
03-05-2014, 07:30 AM
ehh.. .I'm not going to lie. I would be a little disappointed if the setting was Egypt. I am personally rooting for England, France, or China.

I'm not sure exactly what would be covered. but I'm sure with side content it will still end up being a great story! (chariot racing!)

BangelO
03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
What if the DLC from Assassins creed 4 BF were clues toward AC6 and the DLC from AC3 were clues to AC5? If you think about it... Pyramids have already been introduced and built in the Assassins creed universe......

Edit: yes, i did log in just to make this my first post here... I've been here for a while though

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Hate to break it to you bud, but some guy just edited the wiki and put in Victorian London now instead LOL. This is the issue with wikis...anyone can change them anyitime... so I wouldn't trust it.

poptartz20
03-05-2014, 08:13 AM
What if the DLC from Assassins creed 4 BF were clues toward AC6 and the DLC from AC3 were clues to AC5? If you think about it... Pyramids have already been introduced and built in the Assassins creed universe......

Edit: yes, i did log in just to make this my first post here... I've been here for a while though

Umm... interesting concept! but it seems somewhat unlikely, yet anything is possible!.

WOW 7 years W/O posting! Crazy! Hope you continue to post more!

alekiratu
03-05-2014, 08:20 AM
I doubt they'd pick such a terrible setting as that. It looks like they are pretty committed to doing interesting settings that will make for great locations.

A historical era so important to the development of humans that it has it's own branch of Archaeology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptology) and has inspired the imagination of countless people is uninteresting. Yeah...

Also, Jades page says Victorian England now. Considering how randomly her favorite setting is shoehorned into her article, it's just Wiki vandalism. Someone did it to troll us.

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 08:22 AM
You mean the same wiki that can be edited by anyone, right now calls UbiSoft Toronto 'UberSoft****s Toronto' and now claims that her favourite period is Imperial China, and also before that it said that it was Victorian England? (all without any source reference as to where that information's from). Yeah, very credible source indeed...

BangelO
03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Umm... interesting concept! but it seems somewhat unlikely, yet anything is possible!.

WOW 7 years W/O posting! Crazy! Hope you continue to post more!
I definitely will, i just couldn't bring myself to log in, i know SUPER LAZY... Again though, when Ubisoft develops their games they tend to use the platforming/ technological updates and improvements from their previous games, and with all the pyramidal style ruins and whatnot they included in the most recent game i can see the possibility of Ancient Egypt. I'll admit though, i was pulling for a French Revolution setting with the possibility of Connor as the protagonist again. Maybe one day...

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 08:26 AM
I definitely will, i just couldn't bring myself to log in, i know SUPER LAZY... Again though, when Ubisoft develops their games they tend to use the platforming/ technological updates and improvements from their previous games, and with all the pyramidal style ruins and whatnot they included in the most recent game i can see the possibility of Ancient Egypt. I'll admit though, i was pulling for a French Revolution setting with the possibility of Connor as the protagonist again. Maybe one day...

Why Connor? He was the most uninspiring and boring character ever...

BangelO
03-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Why Connor? He was the most uninspiring and boring character ever... Matter of opinion, i connected with his sense of personality shown through body language and subtle facial expressions, his value of words, and ethnic background (I'm Cherokee, Choctaw, and Sioux). The problem with AC3 was the mission design, or rather lack thereof, not the protagonist. You might disagree, and to that I'd just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Matter of opinion, i connected with his sense of personality shown through body language and subtle facial expressions, his value of words, and ethnic background (I'm Cherokee, Choctaw, and Sioux). The problem with AC3 was the mission design, or rather lack thereof, not the protagonist. You might disagree, and to that I'd just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I can see how some people can like him, but I was to used to Ezio's badassery throughout 3 full games. Edward also didn't give a **** either and always got what he wanted and those are usually the types of personas I like.

silvermercy
03-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I can see how some people can like him, but I was to used to Ezio's badassery throughout 3 full games. Edward also didn't give a **** either and always got what he wanted and those are usually the types of personas I like.
I don't. Fortunately Edward grew a lot on me as he became a more and more mature person. I still prefer Connor though.

Also, please, no more misleading titles. What's with that lately? lol
Btw, this is Wiki we're talking about. Anyone can edit it.

Jayden_TSoni
03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
It does not say anything like that nor Wikipedia, nor on that of Assassin's Creed.

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
It does not say anything like that nor Wikipedia, nor on that of Assassin's Creed.

If you check the normal wikipedia's history, there were a bunch of edits where one change added a mention of her 'favourite time period' and then other changes would change what the period was until it got removed, because, hey, no source.

BangelO
03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
I apologize for mentioning Connor, didn't mean to turn this into a favorite assassin thread. Hopefully we will soon find out what the setting is! I've been thinking about the "Always look to the stars" comment... Am I wrong in stating that the Ancient Mesopotamian civilization was the first in discovering, or rather interpreting, the first constellations of stars? Also something to think about.

Jayden_TSoni
03-05-2014, 11:21 AM
If you check the normal wikipedia's history, there were a bunch of edits where one change added a mention of her 'favourite time period' and then other changes would change what the period was until it got removed, because, hey, no source.

Link/screen or didn't happen.

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Link/screen or didn't happen.

For ****'s sake. Polite inquiries aren't a part of your repertoire?

There's a 'view history' button on every page there.
Link 1. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jade_Raymond&oldid=598129966) Ancient Egypt.
Link 2. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jade_Raymond&oldid=598223408) Victorian England.
Link 3. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jade_Raymond&oldid=598224272) Imperial China and UberSoft****s.

frodrigues55
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
You gotta wonder how can it be that we're in 2014 and people still open threads confirming stuff they read on Wikipedia. :p

Actually, there has been a lot of threads lately where people write tittles as if it's something confirmed...

Moultonborough
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Just wanna say good job for trolling us. Though not really unusual around this time of year. But doesn't excuse it, don't mean to sound rude at all. Anyway, I very much doubt the game will take place in Egypt. I suppose they could make a game on it but I don't think they could put it within just one time period.

overdidd
03-05-2014, 12:15 PM
I hope you're right, otherwise...

Egypt. No doubt about that. I'm going to eat my shoes if i'm wrong.

I'll have to eat my shoes.

Will_Lucky
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
After scouring the Internet after her comment about her favourite time period I can assure you Egypt never came up, if any history actually came up outside of the games she always mentioned how The adventures of Marco Polo was an inspiration.

ACLexter
03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
The adventures of Marco Polo

This ^
I have a feeling this is her favorite history and next AC have something to do with this setting.

just saying :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
FYI I'm going to start locking these leak and theory threads.. since they are getting out of hand and we do have existing threads for this type of thing.

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2014, 01:02 PM
It looks like they are pretty committed to doing interesting settings that will make for great locations.

I would've believed this before AC3 was released... :p

pacmanate
03-05-2014, 01:15 PM
FYI I'm going to start locking these leak and theory threads.. since they are getting out of hand and we do have existing threads for this type of thing.

THANK YOU. Glad someone agrees they are getting annoying.

oliacr
03-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I would really love that, Come on UBI announce it reveal it.

Pharaohjoejoe
03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
LMAO I'm so sorry guys, I had no idea wiki could be edited by the public...
I feel like a tool now lol, still hope it's Egypt though!

Farlander1991
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
LMAO I'm so sorry guys, I had no idea wiki could be edited by the public...
I feel like a tool now lol, still hope it's Egypt though!

No worries. People are getting excited (and somewhat restless) regarding the impending AC announcement, no wonder that some Internet trolls would try to take advantage of that (fake leaks, screens, false info without a source).

Dome500
03-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah the way it was just randomly placed in the article talking about personal information in a text that is mainly about her career should be enough to let you know someone is trolling us.

Maybe one of the developers even :p

Anyway, I hope it's soon to be announced. With Batman announcement out of the way there should be nothing now to stop them from announcing it, unless they are not ready yet, which would be a real shame.

Let's just hope and see.

GrubbierSnow85
03-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Egypt would be quite limitied. I mean, besides tunnels and puzzles to open up tombs, what else is there? Sand? :p

It's not like you can do a leap of faith off the top of a pyramid (without smacking into the side of it)...

And, really, if Mummies were featured, all they'd need is Abbot and Costello.

It ain't gonna be Egypt folks!

Pharaohjoejoe
03-05-2014, 05:03 PM
It's not like you can do a leap of faith off the top of a pyramid (without smacking into the side of it)...

Ok that made my laugh haha
Although I'm sure they could work something out, maybe he can do a super far out jump before falling lol
After all they did say they would like to go to Egypt at some point, even if it isn't necessarily the next game!
And maybe they could do some sort of Halloween/Tyranny of King Washington like DLC with mummies, actually it usually releases around Halloween so that wouldn't work so good, but meh mummies are an after though, and they definitely wouldn't be included in the main game for the same reason krakens weren't in Black Flag.
I just want to infiltrate a temple and poison a Pharaoh, ride around the Sahara/Frontier area on a camel and explore the underground-like insides or pyramids in search of Assassin's tombs which will eventually lead me to an awesome treasure... which could be Pharaoh armour and a mask that looks like the face on Tutankhamun's coffin, sweeeeet!

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
EGYPT!!!!!!!!! my favorite.............. O how I wish this was true

BEST AC EVER

Mr.GoodKall
03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Egypt would be quite limitied. I mean, besides tunnels and puzzles to open up tombs, what else is there? Sand? :p

And, really, if Mummies were featured, all they'd need is Abbot and Costello.

It ain't gonna be Egypt folks!

ok, you clearly don't know much about Egypt. Ancient Egypt is over 6,000 years old (Old age, Middle age and New age) Google Alexandria and then tell me theres nothing.
And it has the best time periods for wars and historic icons like Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Guys,

We have seen a rise in these types of threads, and fun as they are - you need to start using existing threads.

We have some already set up - so a quick search would find them - or use these links..

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

'leaks and theories about future titles go here!' (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!)