PDA

View Full Version : (Maybe) Legit proof that leaked AC V press release is real

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 10:29 PM
So I just read Warner Bros' press release for Batman: Arkham Knight (wow on that one!), and I noticed a phrase that MAY have given away that the Assassin's Creed V press text is real.

Here is a link: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140304006255/en/Warner-Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-Announces-Batman%E2%84%A2-Arkham#.UxZDX_mSySo

Did you notice? "...and will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft..."
I don't remember reading any other text containing those words. EXCEPT... yeah you guessed it: the "leaked" press release by Ubisoft on Assassin's Creed V, which existed a week before Arkham Knight was even revealed by leaks.

If by any chance I am wrong, please correct me (and show some proof that the phrase already existed - which I THINK it didn't until now because many people on reddit and on forums were surprised that Microsoft would use such an advertising style) and lock this thread.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 10:33 PM
... Xbox One has been called the "all-in-one" system since forever. That's why it's called the Xbox ONE, not Xbox 3 or Xbox 720.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Well as far as I am aware, Ubisoft have never used that particular wording in any PR, I have posted several hundred of them, so may have missed it though. .

The fact another company does - might mean who ever wrote it, based it on theirs - though it is common to see on MS releases?

However as always - Ubisoft does not comment on rumour and speculation.

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Well, I just saw that Xbox's site uses that wording in it's title, but I've never seen a press statement of a game yet that actually mentions the consoles so for me Batman's text is the first one I've ever seen have the complete structure of a press release of a game (ex. AC's from past years). And Shade, I thought that it's like a standard paragraph to include in these texts. My impression was that there is a kind of "trademarked" phrase you would use to announce the release on a specific platform.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 10:42 PM
And Shade, I thought that it's like a standard paragraph to include in these texts. My impression was that there is a kind of "trademarked" phrase you would use to announce the release on a specific platform.

There is?

Ubisoft's is currently viewable in the announcement forum - where all the Press Releases get posted?

;)

Ours is:

© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Xbox One is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies and is used under license from Microsoft.
“Playstation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

and we call the Xbox One - shock - Xbox One®

:)

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 10:52 PM
There is?

Ubisoft's is currently viewable in the announcement forum - where all the Press Releases get posted?

;)

Ours is:

© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Xbox One is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies and is used under license from Microsoft.
“Playstation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

and we call the Xbox One - shock - Xbox One®

:)

No I don't mean THAT part silly! :p I meant the part where the press release states that the game in question will release on that date and those platforms. Like:

Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier. Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014.

So my theory is that Ubisoft's PR found out that a new Arkham game would be announced the day they intended to announce AC V. So they (I keep saying they, when I know you know about the new AC game and you're a part of Ubisoft) postponed it. Because at that moment, AC's fanbase was uncertain if anything was real or not but everyone knew that Batman was a sure thing. So maybe some days later. Keep in mind that I'm a bit of schizo and I have hopes....

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
ALSO, I see the Ubi studios mentioned are: Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier along with the already known AC5 devs Montreal and Toronto. The ones missing are: Sofia and Singapore. And I think it's because Sofia is working on the next Vita AC (or maybe even something else, I just mentioned anything that came to mind) and Singapore is working on Far Cry 4 as is supposedly leaked info. There you go. A solid theory (but frankly a tad far fetching)

EDIT: and let's not forget Massive who are working on The Division - so: busy... I am basing all this on the biggest list of AC devs so far which is Revelations' and III's. Romania and Kiev are always on the PC version so they're out.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Well I never..

I went and had a look at our old PR - and spotted the wording - from Jan 10th - so it HAS been used before, so I stand corrected, I didn't post it, so I did miss it. ;)

So, whoever wrote it - may have copied the wording from…

Rayman Legends ;)

'London, UK — January 10th, 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Rayman® Legends, the critically acclaimed platformer with an amazing score of 91%* on Metacritic, will be available on February 21st, 2014, one week prior to the date originally announced. The game will be released on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.'

As you can see that is dated Jan, so it has been used before, so I would not base it being real on the wording - or the teams working on it - however I don't think I can convince you otherwise, since someone will always have something else to add..

;)

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Well I never..

I went and had a look at our old PR - and spotted the wording - from Jan 10th - so it HAS been used before, so I stand corrected, I didn't post it, so I did miss it. ;)

So, whoever wrote it - may have copied the wording from…

Rayman Legends ;)

'London, UK — January 10th, 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Rayman® Legends, the critically acclaimed platformer with an amazing score of 91%* on Metacritic, will be available on February 21st, 2014, one week prior to the date originally announced. The game will be released on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.'

As you can see that is dated Jan, so it has been used before, so I would not base it being real on the wording - or the teams working on it - however I don't think I can convince you otherwise, since someone will always have something else to add..

;)

Well... Everything you wrote is convincing! I can't say anything more except that I had fun making this short thread and fanboying and thinking of all that stuff, AND that I hope the next two ACs (I AM sticking to that, even if I'm wrong - you know if I am or not) are announced in the next few days. Pass that along.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Also comparing the two you and Shade quoted:

1. Official Ubisoft Rayman Legends one:

will be released on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.'

2. Supposed Leak one (quoted by you):

Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC

Notice something?

If you quoted the exact wording then there is already a mistake in here in the supposed "leak".

DavidPage
03-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Also comparing the two you and Shade quoted:

1. Official Ubisoft Rayman Legends one:

2. Supposed Leak one (quoted by you):

Notice something?

If you quoted the exact wording then there is already a mistake in here in the supposed "leak".

I copied the exact text. Well then there you have it. It's fake.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 11:48 PM
I copied the exact text. Well then there you have it. It's fake.

Still, it was an awesome theory :)

I wish we had something legit....

MasterAssasin84
03-05-2014, 12:41 AM
I just think all this speculating ( as fun as it is ) is kind of pointless because unless there is an official announcement or Legitimate Leak none of us can say for sure were the series is heading !

I for one did not see the American Revolution coming or the Golden Era of piracy coming ! i would be betting ubisoft will completely suprise us .

None of know were its going .

Dome500
03-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I just think all this speculating ( as fun as it is ) is kind of pointless because unless there is an official announcement or Legitimate Leak none of us can say for sure were the series is heading !

I for one did not see the American Revolution coming or the Golden Era of piracy coming ! i would be betting ubisoft will completely suprise us .

None of know were its going .

There is no such thing as a legitimate leak.

The only thing that CAN be legitimate - as in being able to be confirmed 100% true once it is posted - is an announcement. ;)

murphdawg1
03-05-2014, 05:37 AM
I doubt that AC V will be on next-gen and PC only. Install base for the older systems will still be much larger than the newer systems even in late October.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Don't think the press release is real because the date on it was March 4th and were already past that... unless Ubisoft decided to delay the announcement by a few days/week...

btw murphdawg1 - i can confirm it's Next-gen only. It won't be available for PS3/360, only PS4/X1/PC. (Not sure about Wii U)

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Guys,

We have seen a rise in these types of threads, and fun as they are - you need to start using existing threads.

We have some already set up - so a quick search would find them - or use these links..

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

'leaks and theories about future titles go here!' (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!)