PDA

View Full Version : Insert Savegames - Assassin's Creed 4

xSajito
03-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi,
I had to reinstall my windows and didn't want to loose my savegames (I don't use cloud sync) and copied the folder as mentioned here https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI .
Also after I reinstalled everything I insered the folder right there again, but the savegames won't get recognized.
Does somebody maybe know how I can insert my savegames again?
Thank you

YazX_
03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
do you have 32-bit windows or 64-bit?

the guide published is for x64 windows, they dont mention the 32-bit windows, anyway, check this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811743-Precaution-to-not-lose-your-saves-and-progress

xSajito
03-04-2014, 06:34 PM
I have a 64 bit system and it's in the right folder. Thank you for that link, but it doesn't help me since the game does not recognize the save files. Everytime I insert them into that folder the game says start new game...

YazX_
03-05-2014, 01:38 AM
I have a 64 bit system and it's in the right folder. Thank you for that link, but it doesn't help me since the game does not recognize the save files. Everytime I insert them into that folder the game says start new game...

strange, it should be straight forward, if you are sure that the FULL path is correct with everything then i suspect that you have the two UPlays, one is just plain folder and other one is the default installed one, so you are copying files to the UPlay plain folder.

Anyway, its all assumptions as i dont have it infront of me, so what can i advise you is to monitor UPlay process using a program called ProcessMonitor, filter on disk activity and UPlay process, launch the game and see from where it reads/writes.

xSajito
03-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Already checked by let the game create a new save, it's the right path....

I just noticed that the 1.save file is only about 4kb while 2.save and 3.save are 66kb and 45kb... Could it be that my 1.save file is corrupt? If yes any way to get the other 2 save files in the game?

YazX_
03-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Already checked by let the game create a new save, it's the right path....

I just noticed that the 1.save file is only about 4kb while 2.save and 3.save are 66kb and 45kb... Could it be that my 1.save file is corrupt? If yes any way to get the other 2 save files in the game?

1.Save doesnt contain any progress information, its just game's options file (ULCs, DLCs).
2.Save is the file which holds your progress, if its corrupted then the game would state Damaged Saved Game, but all you can see is New Session which means that the game is not reading the file.

Anyway, delete all saves from the folder and keep a backup, start a new session, proceed until you finish the intro scene and game saves, quit and see if save files got created into the folder, if yes, copy your saves now and see if they get recognized.

And no, other saves wont work as saves are encrypted per user.

xSajito
03-06-2014, 07:20 PM
1.Save doesnt contain any progress information, its just game's options file (ULCs, DLCs).
2.Save is the file which holds your progress, if its corrupted then the game would state Damaged Saved Game, but all you can see is New Session which means that the game is not reading the file.

Anyway, delete all saves from the folder and keep a backup, start a new session, proceed until you finish the intro scene and game saves, quit and see if save files got created into the folder, if yes, copy your saves now and see if they get recognized.

And no, other saves wont work as saves are encrypted per user.

Already tried that. It created save files which were read by the game, then I closed everything and copied my save files in there. After starting game again the game only showed new game, even where I created one previously....

xSajito
03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I might have found the reason, though it doesn't get me anywhere...
I opened a working save file and my save file which i backed up and noticed in the one that's working the first lines contain something like the save information e.g. time and date when they where saved and the one I backed up for some reason doesn't have that...

Just for experimental reason I tried to insert these lines into a copy of my backed up save files and started a game, which at least leaded to the game telling me there's a damaged save game...

Is there maybe any way to get my old saves working in any other way? I don't want to start the whole game again just to finish the last few percent for 100% synchronisation :(