PDA

View Full Version : Ac iii dlc

Digital-Suicide
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Purchased AC III DLC today but don't have any download ?

The DLC in question :

The Tyranny Of King Washington Episode 1
The Hidden Secrets Pack

Have closed Uplay and restarted several times and nothing under games and if i enter the serial No it says this product has been used on another account?

Anybody offer any help please.

YazX_
03-04-2014, 06:22 PM
for AC3, you should receive an email with download links (valid for 30 days), there is no automatic download, so check your Email junk/spam folders. if you didnt receive anything, then contact support to provide you download links.

Dont forget, after installing the contents, you have to enter the key(s) again in "Extras" in the game's main menu.

Digital-Suicide
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
for AC3, you should receive an email with download links (valid for 30 days), there is no automatic download, so check your Email junk/spam folders. if you didnt receive anything, then contact support to provide you download links.

Dont forget, after installing the contents, you have to enter the key(s) again in "Extras" in the game's main menu.

http://i.mgur.com/IsQi9b9 (http://imgur.com/IsQi9b9)

Personal information and keys removed from image.

Uplay Account Information.

http://i.imgur.com/j8qfBmm.png

See on this email there is NO download links nothing to indicate i have the DLC only that my account information says i have the DLC but its No where to be found ?
And as for entering the keys i have NEVER had to enter any keys. for any purchase on Uplay or on Steam or Origin!.

I have contacted support but have to wait 2 days for a reply if i am lucky and i posted on there spacebook page as well and still not luck this is why i am posting on the forums hoping that the community would have a answer......

Its very disappointing to say the least.

YazX_
03-05-2014, 01:45 AM
if you bought any game from Ubishop, it will be activated automatically in your UPlay account, thats why u didnt need to enter it, but as i said, you still need to enter the key(s) for those DLCs into Extras in game's main menu to unlock them in game.

i dont know if they changed this behavior and most probably they didnt for old games as AC4 DLCs unlocks once you activate it from UPlay, so dont freak out if you didnt see your DLCs after download and install, just unlock them from extras.

Digital-Suicide
03-05-2014, 10:09 AM
if you bought any game from Ubishop, it will be activated automatically in your UPlay account, thats why u didnt need to enter it, but as i said, you still need to enter the key(s) for those DLCs into Extras in game's main menu to unlock them in game.

i dont know if they changed this behavior and most probably they didnt for old games as AC4 DLCs unlocks once you activate it from UPlay, so dont freak out if you didnt see your DLCs after download and install, just unlock them from extras.

Thank you YAZ for your help so far,,,,

So i looked for the extras and entered both Keys and i still apparently need to download the content ?

YazX_
03-05-2014, 11:29 AM
yes you do, i tried to PM you but you have disabled PMs from non friends in your settings, enable it and send me a PM so i can reply.

Digital-Suicide
03-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Sent You A Friends Request.

This problem is still on going..... Still NO DLC! :confused:

YazX_
03-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Sent you a reply to your PM, lets talk in prv or UPlay as this needs chatting and walking through the problem.

Digital-Suicide
03-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Hello Digital-Suicide,

Recently you requested personal assistance from Ubisoft Customer Service. Below you will find a response to your recent request for support. Please do not reply directly to this email.

Immanuel @ Ubisoft Customer Service:

If you have the game on Steam you will need to buy the DLC from Steam to.
The Uplay DLC is not compatible with the Steam version of the game.

I have escalated this case to the shop team so that they will receive your answer to the fallowing:

Can we please get your order number?
When we receive that we wil issue a refund.

If you wish to reply to this message, please click here. (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/MyQuestionHistory.aspx?ticketid=5003000000TUz1T#ad dcomment)

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within four days.

Kind regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service

No where have i been able to find information regarding when buying games from Uplay or Steam that you have to order the DLC from the company that you bought the game this is just pure madness, OK i bought the game on steam but i still need uplay in order to play the damn game,

Now to wait for the refund...

And i would like to know what the exact difference is between the "UPLAY" & "STEAM" versions are ?

They are both from uplay so why wouldn't the DLC be compatible - more madness.....

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Hi,

Steam handle DLC differently - so that is correct that steam DLC will not work on Uplay only edition of the game.

While you have to use Uplay to play the game - the core game comes in two types.

Uplay only

And Steam [which uses it's own version of Uplay]

If you try and use DLC from one on the other, you will have issues - since the game files for each - are installed in different locations and save data is also different.

If you want a complete break down of the differences, I suggest you ask support when you contact them.

Digital-Suicide
03-05-2014, 06:20 PM
But wouldn't you agree that this pretty daft, Just don't make sense why it would be like this...:rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
But wouldn't you agree that this pretty daft, Just don't make sense why it would be like this...:rolleyes:

Steam are a closed eco system - which have a dedicated way of installing / updating and managing games - so it's not something I can really comment on, sorry.

Digital-Suicide
03-06-2014, 01:05 AM
I expected as much,,,,,