PDA

View Full Version : Your final decision on the location before the announcement?

Radman500
03-04-2014, 02:04 AM
from here and until the official announcement, what is your final decision on what location you believe will be the setting for Assassins Creed V?

Russia, China, Victorian London are sort of the 3 strongest ones so far based on theories and leaks...but their could be other possible locations as well

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Whether or not the Sam Fey thing was real, I'm gonna go with England.

Rugterwyper32
03-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Summerset Isles, assassinating the Thalmor and bringing peace to Tamriel once more

Wait, no, not that. Anyway, I'm willing to go with China for this one. Even though part of me doesn't stop thinking that the Sam Fey rumor won't be false, but still, I'll place my bets on China.

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-04-2014, 02:25 AM
how about assassins creed in Australia

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 02:38 AM
Summerset Isles, assassinating the Thalmor and bringing peace to Tamriel once more

Wait, no, not that. Anyway, I'm willing to go with China for this one. Even though part of me doesn't stop thinking that the Sam Fey rumor won't be false, but still, I'll place my bets on China.

I voted Rugterwyper32 to be my History teacher. lol

Anyway, I'm still going with Victorian London. Just everything about it spells AC worthy. :)

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 02:41 AM
how about assassins creed in Australia

Lolol I wouldn't be entirely opposed.. But

This reminds me of this guy a while back who got all butthurt about how there wasn't an AC game in Sydney.

"You can not give me ONE reason why The stupid Italian Renaissance made for a better setting than Sydney, Australia"

Reptilis91
03-04-2014, 02:54 AM
No hints for Victorian London (and the press release is a fake)
Not Russia because of The Fall, according to McDevitt.
China is possible, but not yet I think. The box is too obvious and an easy hint. Ubisoft is subtler than that. So maybe for AC6 ?

So I choose "Other" (France I think, or Egypt)

pacmanate
03-04-2014, 02:56 AM
How many ****ing threads are there going to be about this crap?

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 03:03 AM
How many ****ing threads are there going to be about this crap?

Or you could just not say anything and be respectful.

alekiratu
03-04-2014, 03:09 AM
-It has been confirmed by Darby that Russia will not be in the next game.

-While China has some evidence pointing towards it, I am being cautious and saying we won't go there because they said they won't "Follow Shao Jun back to China"

- The Industrial Rev Press release was definitely a fake. XboxOne appears in the main part but is not listed in the trademarks section. That's such a big legal mistake and there's no way a company like Ubisoft wouldn't have had their lawyers go over it many times.

So, I'm saying India because:

-We have just had one other canonical comic Assassin and just because no game came from that, doesn't mean Brahman will lead to no games. Just like 1 Altair game didn't mean just 1 Ezio game.

- The Koh-I-Noor is simply too important and Juhani Otso Berg is after it. In both historical and Modern day, it is currently in India.

-AC: Brahman doesn't cover major historical events and it's possible Ubisoft is saving the Sepoy Mutiny for a future game featuring the Koh-I-Noor. On ac initiates Rani Laxumibai was mentioned. She has nothing to do with Brahman but actually features in the mutiny which comes after.

-Alex Hutchinson and Corey may expressed a strong desire for an India set game.

-When asked about Nikolai Darby said it was not happening but he was very vague when asked the same question about Brahman.

India actually has become one of my preferred settings lately but I wouldn't have thought so if the Koh-I-Noor wouldn't have been so important. Otherwise, I would be rooting for Victorian London.:D

Also, Ubisoft is very sneaky and I don't think they would have hinted at China so obviously if there had been a game there considering how extra careful they have been about leaks this time.

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Assassins creed Australia = the first fleet were Templars trying to find something or someone over here

Dome500
03-04-2014, 03:13 AM
I'm going with China or England.
But since we can only vote 1 I chose England in the poll.

Megas_Doux
03-04-2014, 03:16 AM
England and China have been some of my most desired locations. Others being Spanish Reconquista, Mughal India, and Sumer/Assyria/Babylon.....
My only concern with Industrial Revolution/Victorian period is our hero´s assassin robes...

pacmanate
03-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Its bloody boring! I've seen so many threads about this one subject its beyond ridiculous now.

souNdwAve89
03-04-2014, 03:30 AM
England and China have been some of my most desired locations. Others being Spanish Reconquista, Mughal India, and Sumer/Assyria/Babylon.....
My only concern with Industrial Revolution/Victorian period is our hero´s assassin robes...

I'm confident of Ubisoft's art department. I've been satisfied with all our hero's outfits so far. There are many fan art of an Assassin during the Victorian London time period. Here are some examples.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/303/2/0/assassin__s_creed___victorian_concept_by_minimonst ermill-d5ji5gz.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/258/4/8/assassins_creed_1835_by_odingraphics-d2yreoy.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/004/b/0/victorian_assassin_by_Jastorama.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/267/f/3/victorian_creed_by_dimitrosw-d2zczen.jpg

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/298/9/c/victorian_assassin_by_digitalinkrod-d4dy8cw.jpg

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 03:38 AM
Its bloody boring! I've seen so many threads about this one subject its beyond ridiculous now.

We don't have jack else to talk about though.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 04:06 AM

Its not like there is anything else to discuss lol

Radman500
03-04-2014, 04:06 AM
if the announcement is tomorrow, what time GMT will ubisoft announce it?

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 04:08 AM
if the announcement is tomorrow, what time GMT will ubisoft announce it?

I always wonder this whenever there are any announcements due for any game lol.

I Feel like I heard it was supposed to be around 5:00 pm EST in the US..I could be wrong though

ze_topazio
03-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Give me Portugal or give me death... actually forget about the death part because I'm sure that's what i would get.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Give me Portugal or give me death... actually forget about the death part because I'm sure that's what i would get.

If I give you portugal, will you give me yams?

ACLexter
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
China!!! :mad:

RobertMcSassin
03-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I chose "Other" in the poll thing...

There's just too many France/Joan of Arc references in the modern day Abstergo things to be nothing...Especially as Darby said the hint for the next AC is in there...

*Shrug*...

I'll just be happy to see the announcement, wherever it winds up being...Even if it means I was wrong in my guess... :D ...

Secu12
03-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I would like to see ancient Egypt/Babylon or, why not, the perish of Those Who Came Before. I think an exploration of the original conflict and its beginnings would be awesome.
Original games (1-2-3) had a 300 hundred years span and a modern day setting it's not suitable nor possible. Considering this, earlier history events are more appropiate.

P.S. A little bit of off-topic: on a related topic someone posted a book form early XVI century with the maps of known cities of that era. Could anybody give me at least the name of the book?

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM

I understand his frustration and he's kinda right, this user has posted countless versions of essentially the same thread, not trying to play armchair moderator, but it's unnecessary.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/840527-so-i-looked-up-the-surname-quot-Fey-quot
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/840855-so-Chile
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/841373-AC-5-has-to-be-london-it-has-to-be
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/841391-did-this-survey-in-2011-that-lead-to-victorian-london-being-the-next-setting-rumours
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/841330-when-do-you-expect-the-first-legit-leak
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/843314-Your-final-decision-on-the-location-before-the-announcement

And this one which is a carbon copy of this thread
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/840628-Assassins-Creed-V-Opinion-on-the-leaks

whereisantonio
03-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Most likely place for AC5: China (From all the clues, it mostly matches this place)

What I want: India (I want that ACR feeling again! :D)

overdidd
03-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Egypt. No doubt about that. I'm going to eat my shoes if i'm wrong.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-04-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm not choosing based on any information or educated guess. It's the place I most want to see. I'm not going to lie when I say I'll be pissed if the London leak is true.

1. I'm sick of European countries... AC2 and ACB were set in Italy but it was during the Renaissance so it was a nice and interesting time period. AC3 was Colonial America which was, essentially, England (a colony or two of England to be precise) with a half English protagonist. Then AC4 was ALSO in the 1700s (so same boats, same weapons, same tech, etc.) and set in the Caribbean with an English protagonist with a Spanish-influenced city. So yeah... when the game series literally has the entire world's history and they keep going to 18th or even 19th century European areas... it gets a little annoying.

2. Industrial Revolution? Blegh. So boring. I mean, the time period is interesting but dear god, I'm sick of the 1700's and I DEFINITELY don't want to go even further forward in time. I want to go back to earlier times. Nothing after the early 1600s/ I say early 1600's because IF there's going to be a game set in England, it should be during England's renaissance; Elizabethan England. I still don't want THAT to be the next game anyway.

So yeah -- I'm going to be really pissed if it's not China.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I have a feeling that AC V will be set in some totally unexpected place.

The Khmer Empire is my bet!
Don't ask me why. It's just a random guess. I think it could actually be cool, though.

The setting I want the most is India and I think the chances of a future AC game set in India are good. However, I think AC V won't be it. Maybe AC VI or VII...

So, yeah, my final bet for AC V is the Khmer Empire.

lothario-da-be
03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
I am gonna go for China, most hints hint towards China.

ze_topazio
03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
If I give you portugal, will you give me yams?

That can be arranged.

oliacr
03-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Come on it is going to be CHINA.

True_Assassin92
03-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Well the rumor about 2 games, one in victiorian london and one in china can still be true...it would be spot on by ubisoft going by these poll reviews :p.

If we don't get any news within the hour I think we won't get any today. Previous years the announcements were made around this period and around 5 PM GMT+1. :(

Escappa
03-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Well the rumor about 2 games, one in victiorian london and one in china can still be true...it would be spot on by ubisoft going by these poll reviews :p.

If we don't get any news within the hour I think we won't get any today. Previous years the announcements were made around this period and around 5 PM GMT+1. :(

Both AC3 and 4 were announced at 18:00 GMT+1 :)

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Confirming. I can still remember the tension I felt when Blackbeard's words echoed in the silent den praising the cunning and skill of the mysterious pirate Edward Kenway... That trailer still gives me shivers.

rcole_sooner
03-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I am sticking with India/Egypt/Africa and somehow working in either French and/or British involvement in those areas.

overdidd
03-04-2014, 06:25 PM

AC3 was actually announced on the fifth of march, and because it's already past 18:00 GMT+1 I guess we'll see something about ACV tomorrow.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Just out of curiousity, where did it say in the "leaked" press release that it would be announced on the 4th at 5:00 GMT?

Ac3 and 4 both were officially revealed with trailers on March 5.

Don't give up on it yet, people.

There are still plenty of hours left in the day for much of the world.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Just out of curiousity, where did it say in the "leaked" press release that it would be announced on the 4th at 5:00 GMT?

Ac3 and 4 both were officially revealed with trailers on March 5.

Don't give up on it yet, people.

There are still plenty of hours left in the day for much of the world.

Also depends which time they take for the announcement determination. EST is only 1:25 PM at the moment....

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Also depends which time they take for the announcement determination. EST is only 1:25 PM at the moment....

Yessir. Still hopin

Hans684
03-04-2014, 07:51 PM
What if there is no AC this year? That would blow our minds.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
What if there is no AC this year? That would blow our minds.

Watch_Dogs will be our AC this year. I just know it. :(

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Suuuuure.....

And the two "unannounced" titles are not Assassins Creed, not even one of them :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Suuuuure.....

And the two "unannounced" titles are not Assassins Creed, not even one of them :rolleyes:

No need to be pretentious.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:15 PM
No need to be pretentious.

Wasn't intended. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just think it would be unlikely based on the evidence we have, even if it is not much.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Guys...there is still plenty of time left for them to annouce it. Still plenty of time for the sam fey stuff to still be legit.

oliacr
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Guys...there is still plenty of time left for them to annouce it. Still plenty of time for the sam fey stuff to still be legit.

I hope not. I'd rather wait 1week more than accepting the Sam Fey stuff :)

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 08:27 PM
It's going to be in Trinidad starring Adewale. Mark my words.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking it's set on Hoth..

The struggle between the rebels and the empire reach a new.. oh wait.. wrong game!

Hans684
03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Suuuuure.....

I know one is becouse of the yearly releases.

Watch_Dogs = Modern day AC.

Batman: Arkham Knight = Modern day AC(alternate reality).

Thief = Steam punk AC(alternate reality).

Dishonored 2(if true) = Steam punk AC(alternate reality).

It is what you make it ;)

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking it's set on Hoth..

The struggle between the rebels and the empire reach a new.. oh wait.. wrong game!

Ah..battlefront 3 will be coming out soon i hope...

Battlefront 2 was..fantastic. Good times.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM

From this POV almost every game could be an AC in an alternate situation ;)

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 08:43 PM

You missed Splinter Cell. = Modern day AC

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Is there any news on when they might actually make the announcement?

Hans684
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
From this POV almost every game could be an AC in an alternate situation ;)

Like Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor = Fantasy AC(alternate reality).

You missed Splinter Cell. = Modern day AC

Sorry about that, I knew I forgot something and you missed that I missed Hitman 6 = Modern day AC.

Rengarious
03-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Egypt :)

P.S. Take out Russian, was confirmed that it's not going to take place there by Darby on ACInitiates.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Guys,

We have seen a rise in these types of threads, and fun as they are - you need to start using existing threads.

We have some already set up - so a quick search would find them - or use these links..

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

'leaks and theories about future titles go here!' (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!)