PDA

View Full Version : edward kenway the diet coke pirate

bigbadcrawford
03-02-2014, 09:33 PM
I would like to point out that the edward kenway character, as suggested by the initial trailer described by black beard, sounds like a wild man and lovable rogue. Also a bit of a womaniser. When you compare the image of his character then and hold it next to the reality of his actual in game character in the finished product, hes nothing resembling any of that, so instead of what we got promised we got a money grabbing, wuss, with very little charm. But hey at least it was an upgrade from the cardboard cut out called connor. What do people think, do you feel mislead over his character as i do?

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 09:47 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/wat_what_lady_meme_mug-r2a4fcb6332424e6fae9f60e9f5048153_x7jg9_8byvr_512. jpg

Trololol alert! lmao

bigbadcrawford
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Im not being a troll and by the way this media coined term of troll, is avrubbish put down and turn of phrase for anyone who writes upsetting or disgusting things. Do people seriouslyvthink it bothers anyone to be called that? Lol. Wish someine would come with a more insulting name for people of that nature. Any way im just stating an opinion and opinions are like arseholes we all have one. Lol. Im looking for someone to have an intelligent debate about the fact if you compare edwards character from the hype trailer to the one in the game, hes not a rogue or womaniser or as threatening or wild as blackbeard puts out there. Ubisoft got the tone writebwith ezio, kind of thought hed be funnier, quick witted, good with the ladies and a vicious, imposing pirate to all that got in his way, but it doesnt feel like we got the bad *** character ubisoft made out? Could be wrong but he was missing an edge and sense of fun for me.

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM
I admit I wasn't very clear in my first post, so let me rephrase this:

http://media.tumblr.com/4914b51c81c09ebf3fee56880677c4a1/tumblr_inline_mu1yr8MZqO1roj9wu.png

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 10:19 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/1zlfz9g.jpg

bigbadcrawford
03-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Oh right i get it your a bit of a jelly fish. No need to explain. I also understand now trolol was your special way of letting everyone know wat indeed u are. So no further need for your input. Nor will i reply to any by you. On your way

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh right i get it your a bit of a jelly fish. No need to explain. I also understand now trolol was your special way of letting everyone know wat indeed u are. So no further need for your input. Nor will i reply to any by you. On your way
Yeah, I've been trolling for 4000 plus posts now since I joined... LOL while you're definitely not inciting trouble by insulting game characters. :rolleyes: I've seen this type of posts before so I am trying to prevent trouble before it starts. And it DOES start with THIS exact type of threads. I can tell this with 100% certainty.

I hope nobody takes the bait and starts replying "seriously" and "intelligently". Just stupid posts in this type of threads. ;)

Rakdarr
03-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I... actually agree with the OP. Edward, as marketed by the trailer, was supposed to be a mysterious pirate already initiated in the Assassin Order, who hunts Templars in the Caribbean using his ship, and also a womanizer. Instead, what we got was almost the opposite. There is no mystery at all, he didn't join the Assassins until the end and was completely in love with his absentee wife. I don't know if this was a good or a bad change, but a change it was, there's no denying,

Assassin_M
03-02-2014, 11:34 PM
at least it was an upgrade from the cardboard cut out called connor.
Just....why? You could'v perfectly made your point without necessarily having to trash any character. What does your problem with Edward have ANYTHING to do with Connor? why did you feel the itching need to trash another character? is this normal? is..it? Did your question gain anymore points? did it start raining money? did you GAIN anything? did this advance your argument whatsoever?

"Connor is awesome, not like the idiot Ezio"
"Connor was real, not fake like Ezio"
"Ezio is amazing, Connor was so boring"
"Altair and Connor are better than the cliche Ezio"
"Ezio and Edward had a personality not like the wooden Connor and Altair"

I hate this, this is so stupid and i'm sick of someone telling me "if you don't like something, ignore it" no I wont....if someone likes something, they're free to say so and no one bats an eye. I dislike this....I dislike your post and i will keep saying out loud when I dislike something...

I agree, Edward in the game was not the one hyped in the marketing campaign. a Pirate trained by Assassins he was not....and i'm glad he didnt turn out to be a charming womanizer like a Ezio....Yes, because every charming womanizer will be compared to Ezio.....Ezio was a charming womanizer, so every charming womanizer Assassin will be compared to Ezio <----- (a note to any samrtass who tries to say "oh so anyone who's a charming womanizer will be similar to Ezio?") and while, yes I would'v liked the Edward in the trailers, I still thought the Edward in the game was pretty cool...

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 11:50 PM
It... started... lol

Btw, I totally agree with M's post in its entirety.

Assassin_M
03-02-2014, 11:53 PM
It... started... lol
I thought about replying with something stupid like "at least he's better than ***** 24/7, incompetent Ezio" but then rationality got the better of me

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I thought about replying with something stupid like "at least he's better than ***** 24/7, incompetent Ezio" but then rationality got the better of me

It's okay _M. I completely agree with your post and I will stand by it. :rolleyes:

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:06 AM
LOL.
How can people get so worked up over the fact that the OP "insulted" Edward and Connor?
One would think that he insulted someone's mother or something.

These are fictional characters, people! Edward and Connor won't somehow feel offended if someone insults them.
He didn't like them. That's it.

I, for one, liked Edward. The only thing I didn't like was his stupid obsession with the Observatory. How gullible of him! OK, so it turned out to be real and it actually worked, but any normal person would just dismiss it as a fantasy.
But, all in all, he was cool.

As for Connor, I don't know. I skipped AC 3. I do keep hearing that he was pretty dull. I don't know.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2014, 12:06 AM
I Edward, as marketed by the trailer, was supposed to be a mysterious pirate already initiated in the Assassin Order, who hunts Templars in the Caribbean using his ship, and also a womanizer. Instead, what we got was almost the opposite. There is no mystery at all, he didn't join the Assassins until the end and was completely in love with his absentee wife. I don't know if this was a good or a bad change, but a change it was, there's no denying,

I have the same feeling about this, although I still like Edward.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:10 AM
LOL.
How can people get so worked up over the fact that the OP "insulted" Edward and Connor?
One would think that he insulted someone's mother or something.

These are fictional characters, people! Edward and Connor won't somehow feel offended if someone insults them.
He didn't like them. That's it.

I, for one, liked Edward. The only thing I didn't like was his stupid obsession with the Observatory. How gullible of him! OK, so it turned out to be real and it actually worked, but any normal person would just dismiss it as a fantasy.
But, all in all, he was cool.

As for Connor, I don't know. I skipped AC 3. I do keep hearing that he was pretty dull. I don't know.

You completely missed the point. :p

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 12:12 AM
it's okay, he'll find out eventually...

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Actually, the fact that Edward was not, in fact, a pirate trained by Assassins, and only joined the Creed at the very end is, in my book, a good thing.

I've never actually sympathized with the Creed and I'm getting tired of them and their antics. They just seem like a bunch of troublemakers, really.
Oh, and "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted."? What the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway?! LOL.
They've never convinced me that it is worth fighting for their "cause", whatever it is...

Really, being a pirate was way more fun than being an Assassin ever was.

EDIT:
You completely missed the point.
Well, what is the point, then? :confused:

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Oh, and "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted."? What the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway?! LOL.

sounds like it's not just AC III that you skipped...

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:20 AM
sounds like it's not just AC III that you skipped...

Never played AC 1, nor AC Liberation, as well.

Or any of the mobile, facebook crap. Basically, I only played the Ezio trilogy and AC 4. And it has been a while since I played the Ezio trilogy, so I don't remember a lot.
I never payed that much attention to the whole modern day, conspiracy theory stuff, as i think it's stupid.

But, as we're at it, please tell me what does that motto mean. Honestly, it never made any sense, to me.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Actually, the fact that Edward was not, in fact, a pirate trained by Assassins, and only joined the Creed at the very end is, in my book, a good thing.

I've never actually sympathized with the Creed and I'm getting tired of them and their antics. They just seem like a bunch of troublemakers, really.
They've never convinced me that it is worth fighting for their "cause", whatever it is...

Really, being a pirate was way more fun than being an Assassin ever was.

Completely agreed and this is what I don't understand-- Why do people hate that!?

This is Assassin's Creed, not Warrior's Creed. AC:2-AC:3 have completely side-lined it. And the fact that they gave us that ''Nothing is true. Everything is permitted'' BS is even more infuriating. AC:IV have been the closest thing fans have gotten to an actual Assassin's Creed sequel in a long time. But oh no, it's apparently a spin-off from the ''longtime'' fans. lol

EDIT:
Well, what is the point, then? :confused:

Come into this thread and read everything in a less aggressive view.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah, now that I read more carefully some of the past posts (I admit I didn't do it the first time), I understand that people were overreacting in a non-serious way, just for fun.

I do have to say, I fail to see where's the fun in that. No need to "derail" the OP's thread with "joke" posts.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah, now that I read more carefully some of the past posts (I admit I didn't do it the first time), I understand that people were overreacting in a non-serious way, just for fun.

I do have to say, I fail to see where's the fun in that. No need to "derail" the OP's thread with "joke" posts.

That's part of the point. Notice how you came into this thread with an instant aggressive view assuming people are ''butthurt'' along with other shenanigans. This thread might as well be taken as a joke since arguments and fights are inevitable because of OP's attempt in providing a point with stupid and offensive statements.

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 12:32 AM
offensive statements.
wouldn't particularly call it offensive...just unnecessary...because it will attract the Connor defense force and it'll be derailed regardless...

Farlander1991
03-03-2014, 12:36 AM
What Edward from the early trailers really has got going for him, though? Pretty much just that he can kick the **** out everybody (which we can do in game anyway) aaaaand... that he's mysterious, I guess... and possibly badass... aaand... that's pretty much it? Which, you know, there's pretty much nothing that tells WHO he actually is, what character he is.

Does Edward from the trailer have a pretty noble goal of getting money for his family to leave without any worries?
Does Edward from the trailer get really distracted from that goal due to his selfishness?
Does Edward from the trailer try to find the best in people?
Does Edward from the trailer have such stubborness that he tries to keep going despite all the **** that falls on him?

What drives Edward from the trailer?
What are Edward's from the trailer flaws?
What are Edward's from the trailer principles?

Edward from the trailer is a vague entity that exists in the story of Blackbeard who creates a legend. Sounds cool, sure, but there's no character to that entity. Edward from the game has character. It may not be entirely in line with the vague overview from the trailer, but I don't think that's bad at all. And I can't say that I'd like Edward from the trailer better, because, once again, I don't know anything about him other than what my perception and imagination might tell me. Which is really not that good of a source when comparing characters, considering there's enough of subjectivity and reliance on point of view when we have somebody fully fleshed out and defined as it is.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:37 AM
That's part of the point. Notice how you came into this thread with an instant aggressive view assuming people are ''butthurt'' along with other shenanigans. This thread might as well be taken as a joke since arguments and fights are inevitable because of OP's attempt in providing a point with stupid and offensive statements.

I didn't really come with an aggresive view. I just thought that the whole thing was laughable, really.
You must pardon me, as I'm so used to seeing such stupid attitudes in the internet, that I didn't even consider that people were just joking. :rolleyes:
As you just said, the simple fact that "arguments and fights are inevitable" just because the OP trashed some characters is quite a laughable fact. But, hey, that's the internet, for you.

I really don't see anything offensive about the OP's opinion, though. He makes a valid point, I guess. He thought Edward was a disappointment.
I didn't.
And that's that, for me.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:40 AM
wouldn't particularly call it offensive...just unnecessary...because it will attract the Connor defense force and it'll be derailed regardless...

Very true, but if Connor's insulted, so are his big fans. And anyway, Connor wasn't the only one he insulted so OP's just begging for a derailment.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 12:42 AM
I didn't really come with an aggresive view. I just thought that the whole thing was laughable, really.
You must pardon me, as I'm so used to seeing such stupid attitudes in the internet, that I didn't even consider that people were just joking. :rolleyes:
As you just said, the simple fact that "arguments and fights are inevitable" just because the OP trashed some characters is quite a laughable fact. But, hey, that's the internet, for you.

I really don't see anything offensive about the OP's opinion, though. He makes a valid point, I guess. He thought Edward was a disappointment.
I didn't.
And that's that, for me.

Like you said. This is the internet. Opinions are more than just opinions.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-03-2014, 12:47 AM

True, my friend, so very true...

Farlander1991
03-03-2014, 12:51 AM

Especially on this forum, where ironically enough (and I'm not point to anybody in particular, haven't read like 80% of the posts on this thread, but just remembering a lot of my arguments in these parts) the motto of the series we're supposedly fans of, 'nothing is true and everything is permitted', doesn't matter at all as there's apparently only one right opinion and it's theirs and others are stupid for not thinking that way. Though to be honest since return my break from this community it doesn't seem to happen nearly as much anymore, so that's always nice.

Obviously every argument comes from a difference of opinions and obviously the people who disagree think that the other party is wrong, so I guess you could call this a philosophical conundrum, but far too many people instead of questioning and exchanging opinions for the sake of exchange of opinions, widening the view and getting a better grip of why you yourself think the way you think, transform something into 'I'm right and that's the only truth and whatever blaaaaaa I'm not listening lalalalalala you should think the way I think lalalalalalalala'.

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Can anyone imagine what will happen with the new assassin and all the future arguments (which I'm certain they'll happen)? LOL *shivers at the thought*

Landruner
03-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Here is my two cents about the Heroes of the Assassin's creed series

Altair - The Respected
Ezio - The Beloved
Connor - The Disliked
Edward - The Misunderstood
& Desmond - The Banned & Regretted

Next hero in the AC' series = The Wanted or The Promised

You may disagree with what I wrote, but just try to read the previous feedback and outcomes, and you may meet the same conclusion that my prompt two cents analogy.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 01:21 AM
I... actually agree with the OP. Edward, as marketed by the trailer, was supposed to be a mysterious pirate already initiated in the Assassin Order, who hunts Templars in the Caribbean using his ship, and also a womanizer. Instead, what we got was almost the opposite. There is no mystery at all, he didn't join the Assassins until the end and was completely in love with his absentee wife. I don't know if this was a good or a bad change, but a change it was, there's no denying,

The guy saying hes trolled in over 4000 threads is using what ive said as a reverse piece of psychology to try and incite people. Everyone ignore this guys posts cause the more ammo you give the more he will use. Listen am a 34 year old dad of two boys and a long time gamer. It doesnt make my opinion more valid but the guy above put the point across with intelligence and maturity and i respect that, and thats what i was saying. Now at the start of my thread it was just said against edward, who by the way in case anyone forgets isnt real, was just banter, calling him out the way i did. I put it like that in a jokey way to create contrast in my point between what we were led to believe of edward and the edward we got. I love all the assassins games up till brotherhood, i just think the series has lost its way a little and ubisoft has taken its audience for granted. Ive invested like others here alot of time in the story and feel ubisoft led me to believe the character would be more exciting than e was for me. If nobody else gets that or agrees or wants to discuss why they feel im wrong, ill happily engage in that, without resolving to getting personal, its only a game after all.

frodrigues55
03-03-2014, 01:28 AM
(is it too late to give an opinion on the topic of the thread? :confused:)

We were talking about this on another thread a few days ago. The Edward described by Blackbeard on the trailer is trully nowhere to be seen (and he looked the proper age of Edward, as well). They made him look like this kind of devil with a touch of mistery, but really, Edward was much more human on the game. Which was a good thing IMO. It made his transformation and acceptance of the creed more real, more possible, more... believable.

Someone even mentioned how Blackbeard was probably trying to create a legend, like he did for himself, which made sense, but yeah, kinda misleading for a reveal trailer that keeps repeating on the game's tittle menu.

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 01:30 AM
The guy saying hes trolled in over 4000 threads is using what ive said as a reverse piece of psychology to try and incite people. Everyone ignore this guys posts cause the more ammo you give the more he will use. Listen am a 34 year old dad of two boys and a long time gamer. It doesnt make my opinion more valid but the guy above put the point across with intelligence and maturity and i respect that, and thats what i was saying. Now at the start of my thread it was just said against edward, who by the way in case anyone forgets isnt real, was just banter, calling him out the way i did. I put it like that in a jokey way to create contrast in my point between what we were led to believe of edward and the edward we got. I love all the assassins games up till brotherhood, i just think the series has lost its way a little and ubisoft has taken its audience for granted. Ive invested like others here alot of time in the story and feel ubisoft led me to believe the character would be more exciting than e was for me. If nobody else gets that or agrees or wants to discuss why they feel im wrong, ill happily engage in that, without resolving to getting personal, its only a game after all.
I'm female. :| And I'm sorry but the "jokey manner" you claim you had in your post is not there. It's just not...

Listen, you must be new here. I'll say it one more time. This exact type of thread you made has been made MANY MANY times in the past. So one thing we don't want here is to have a repeat of the nasty arguments that these types of threads incite! One way to avoid that is to not take this kind of threads seriously. But here you go you just started making people arguing now! Congratulations!! :rolleyes:

I really really hope this thread gets locked soon! I hate to see this happening again.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Just....why? You could'v perfectly made your point without necessarily having to trash any character. What does your problem with Edward have ANYTHING to do with Connor? why did you feel the itching need to trash another character? is this normal? is..it? Did your question gain anymore points? did it start raining money? did you GAIN anything? did this advance your argument whatsoever?

"Connor is awesome, not like the idiot Ezio"
"Connor was real, not fake like Ezio"
"Ezio is amazing, Connor was so boring"
"Altair and Connor are better than the cliche Ezio"
"Ezio and Edward had a personality not like the wooden Connor and Altair"

I hate this, this is so stupid and i'm sick of someone telling me "if you don't like something, ignore it" no I wont....if someone likes something, they're free to say so and no one bats an eye. I dislike this....I dislike your post and i will keep saying out loud when I dislike something...

I agree, Edward in the game was not the one hyped in the marketing campaign. a Pirate trained by Assassins he was not....and i'm glad he didnt turn out to be a charming womanizer like a Ezio....Yes, because every charming womanizer will be compared to Ezio.....Ezio was a charming womanizer, so every charming womanizer Assassin will be compared to Ezio <----- (a note to any samrtass who tries to say "oh so anyone who's a charming womanizer will be similar to Ezio?") and while, yes I would'v liked the Edward in the trailers, I still thought the Edward in the game was pretty cool...

I found connor to be without any real personality, but i guess that was because ezio was so good, it was a hard act to follow. I just found him boring. Not every character needs to be like ezio but a bit of humour and cheekiness, would have added another layer that, most people male and female would find appealing. I dont know where you get the whole raining money thing from, and am not telling anyone what they can and cant say, so dont upset yourself. My favourite for intrigue is still altair and am glad you like him. Its okay for others not to like what you do you know, it would ne boring if we were all the same. One last thing its not an argument and am not looking for one, ill happily discuss in a friendly manner any point that anyone has but, anyone here acting like a child can forget it, i wont respond, and i urge anyone of a decent mind to not engage with those that are like this.

Landruner
03-03-2014, 01:37 AM

We were talking about this on another thread a few days ago. The Edward described by Blackbeard on the trailer is trully nowhere to be seen (and he looked the proper age of Edward, as well). They made him look like this kind of devil with a touch of mistery, but really, Edward was much more human on the game. Which was a good thing IMO. It made his transformation and acceptance of the creed more real, more possible, more... believable.

Someone even mentioned how Blackbeard was probably trying to create a legend, like he did for himself, which made sense, but yeah, kinda misleading for a reveal trailer that keeps repeating on the game's tittle menu.

That is funny but the ACBF 's trailer remembered me somewhat the Kevin Kotsner's WaterWorld 's movie trailer. They announce the same way how memorable bad,ss Kotsner is going to be on the Waterworld's movie, and if you check the movie he sounds like Edward - a "selfish" dude that only cares about its own. In short Edward is Assassin Creed Black Fish for a Water open World.:p

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 01:41 AM
I found connor to be without any real personality, but i guess that was because ezio was so good, it was a hard act to follow. I just found him boring. Not every character needs to be like ezio but a bit of humour and cheekiness, would have added another layer that, most people male and female would find appealing. I dont know where you get the whole raining money thing from, and am not telling anyone what they can and cant say, so dont upset yourself. My favourite for intrigue is still altair and am glad you like him. Its okay for others not to like what you do you know, it would ne boring if we were all the same. One last thing its not an argument and am not looking for one, ill happily discuss in a friendly manner any point that anyone has but, anyone here acting like a child can forget it, i wont respond, and i urge anyone of a decent mind to not engage with those that are like this.

Not this again!
*bites lips not to say anything*
*slaps forehead*
*counts to 10*
*counts to 100*
*does yoga*
*does meditation*
*fails*

You URGE people when you're the one who started this whole thing? This won't go down well in the near future of this thread, I'm telling you. I am trained after a gazillion threads like this one and I can predict it with 100% accuracy now.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 01:47 AM
I'm female. :| And I'm sorry but the "jokey manner" you claim you had in your post is not there. It's just not...

Listen, you must be new here. I'll say it one more time. This exact type of thread you made has been made MANY MANY times in the past. So one thing we don't want here is to have a repeat of the nasty arguments that these types of threads incite! One way to avoid that is to not take this kind of threads seriously. But here you go you just started making people arguing now! Congratulations!! :rolleyes:

I really really hope this thread gets locked soon! I hate to see this happening again.

This is actually the first time ive used a forum, i have no knowledge of threads like that before but, i dont understand why anyone would be upset or feel threatened, or having to make suggestions like closing this thread, what ever happened to freedom of speech. This kind of response is a load of drama over next to nothing, i really didnt think people would be that sensitive over a character from a game. I dont want people to fall out or upset each other, over having an opinion, i dont get why anyone would do that. I value the differences in what people have to say and even if someone said i hated ezio thought he was machismo and connor was amazing and sincere etc. Id be asking questions to try and enrich my understanding. If anyone has a problem with that its not my issue.

frodrigues55
03-03-2014, 01:49 AM
In short Edward is Assassin Creed Black Fish for a Water open World.:p

:o

BTW, I wonder if Darby watches that trailer thinking THIS IS NOT my character.

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 01:51 AM
This is actually the first time ive used a forum, i have no knowledge of threads like that before but, i dont understand why anyone would be upset or feel threatened, or having to make suggestions like closing this thread, what ever happened to freedom of speech. This kind of response is a load of dram over next to nothing, i really didnt think people would be that sensitive over a character from a game. I dont want people to fall out or upset each other, over having an opinion, i dont get why anyone would do that. I value the differences in what people have to say and even if someone said i hated ezio thought he was machismo and connor was amazing and sincere etc. Id be asking questions to try and enrich my understanding. If anyone has a problem with that its not my issue.
"You know nothing Jon Snow"

Since you're new this is a very useful thing to remember from now on: This type of thread could ignite WWIII in these forums, if people are in the mood. It has many times in the past. The results were not good...

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 01:53 AM

Thats a great way of putting it, and i hadnt thought of his character like that, maybe the trailer was created as a concept and stuck before the main menu and when ubisoft realised if he was that way blackbeard described it might alienate female gamers and not connect with the creed in the human way as you put. I guess it might have been an idea for ubisoft not to use that though to sell the character before the game came out. Anyone notice the graphics in the trailer are much more next gen facially than what was in the game? Btw i have the ps4 version. I do think though he was a pirate after all and i think it would be expected that he be a bit more rough round the edges and more of a wild man.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM

Theres nothing stupid or offensive anywhere in what ive said, im entitled not to like something and your fully entitled to disagree but are you able to behave like an adult when making your point without turning it into something more sinister than just an opinion. Ill gladly be told why someone disagrees and give others room to have their view without necome bitter or nasty. Just want to keep it friendly. For instance i love star wars but if a trekkie came along and told me why they thought its rubbish or why a character was flawed id enjoy turning it into banter and defending my view. Just like i did by making fun of connor, but it doesnt mean am right and nowhere have i been dogmatic about that, so people getting upset need to chill, its not like if called someones mum a *****, its a character in a game. Lol

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 02:11 AM
:o

BTW, I wonder if Darby watches that trailer thinking THIS IS NOT my character.

He have and also at the change of hair color with Haytham.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 02:14 AM

Thank you words of sanity from a normal sound minded individual. Even the title of thread tells anyone i dont mean it seriously, and for the record it was still enjoyable even if i felt the character could have been improved. Theres nothing wrong with high expectations when the game cost 60 quid at launch.

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 02:18 AM
Like I said, I don't particularly agree with your opinion on both accounts. Ezio being so good and Connor having no personality, but that's NOT my point. my point was you bringing it up. it was unnecessary. it does not advance your argument. your post was arguing that Edward was not the person he was presented to be in the marketing period. you bring up examples from the game supporting this and your view, then OUT OF NO WHERE you bring up Connor....why?? why bring him up at all positively or negatively?? IT'S NOT NECESSARY. if this was a thread about how much you dislike Connor, then bringing up how much he sucks is fine...bringing up how much he was boring is fine...it's the topic of your thread, but this wasn't about Connor...it wasn't about how much you disliked him...it was an unnecessary remark that will only serve to derail YOUR thread, because there are very strong, vocal Connor fans (I call them the Connor defense force) who will enter this thread and turn it into a "Connor fans vs Demon" thread....it's become annoying

I don't care if you dislike Connor or Edward or Ezio or Altair, get this through....I only commented on your unnecessary remark...

Dome500
03-03-2014, 02:40 AM
Thank you words of sanity from a normal sound minded individual. Even the title of thread tells anyone i dont mean it seriously, and for the record it was still enjoyable even if i felt the character could have been improved. Theres nothing wrong with high expectations when the game cost 60 quid at launch.

So this whole thread was a joke.....

What the hell are you doing with your time people?
DO you have so much free time? :confused:

poptartz20
03-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Is it sad that I came to this thread because I knew it would be derailed?

haha.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 02:51 AM

I point you to the title of the thread as setting the tone of the thrrad as one thats jokey. Its just a bit of banter to get opinion going, its not to harm anyone. Some folk are reading way to much into what i posted. Im not some internet mastermind creating an evil thread to hurt others or incite atguments. Banter and opinion yes, but anyone not up for that just dont read the posts and go do something else, cause its not worth getting upset about or creating a big drama about. This is the first time ive posted and the reactions in places are ridiculous. Heres a real problem, living in a flat with mould and having your possessions and health ruined, as well as your partners and childrens well being being affected and having the council lie and not help you, and leaving you to suffer, and having your ustairs neighbour taken to court last week for assaulting my mrs twice in a week last year, just cause she was asked to pick ul some dogs dirt her dog left in our garden, living with threats and disturbance from said neighbour everyday for 18 months and not getting help to move. Suffering with stress cause your mrs got attacked in front of your four year old by said neighbour on the wat home from nursery. Thats a real problem, this is just a bit of opinion about a game. I just started a thread for a bit of escapism and entertainment and chat, nothing more nothing less. I suffer with stress and anxiety as well as poor health and am not stating this so people feel sorry for me, but to show that after all ive been dealing with, i can still come on and be decent towards others and trust me thats nothing short of a miracle, with how some folk are reacting. Then i think others should get a grip and see things for what they really are

pirate1802
03-03-2014, 03:05 AM
No, because of these reasons.. some of which others have pointed out.

1. It was a trailer. They always exaggerate stuff. No use taking them as a mirror of what things will be in he actual game. They are there to create hype.

2. Blackbeard was a feared pirate, whom everyone else feared.. so I found it a little daft to believe that even he would be fearful of this new badass character. Unless...

3. It was just a ruse to recruit more men for Edward's crew.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=silvermercy;9558815]"You know nothing Jon Snow"

Since you're new this is a very useful thing to remember from now on: This type of thread could ignite WWIII in these forums, if people are in the mood. It has many times in the past. The results were not good... I really dont understand why it has to be like that and to be honest i think its what some people here are angling for by suggesting itll lead to that. All statements like that are doing is baiting those that might react that way for your own amusement, when it doesnt need to be that way. Theres nothing nasty about my thread, its just a discussion.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Like I said, I don't particularly agree with your opinion on both accounts. Ezio being so good and Connor having no personality, but that's NOT my point. my point was you bringing it up. it was unnecessary. it does not advance your argument. your post was arguing that Edward was not the person he was presented to be in the marketing period. you bring up examples from the game supporting this and your view, then OUT OF NO WHERE you bring up Connor....why?? why bring him up at all positively or negatively?? IT'S NOT NECESSARY. if this was a thread about how much you dislike Connor, then bringing up how much he sucks is fine...bringing up how much he was boring is fine...it's the topic of your thread, but this wasn't about Connor...it wasn't about how much you disliked him...it was an unnecessary remark that will only serve to derail YOUR thread, because there are very strong, vocal Connor fans (I call them the Connor defense force) who will enter this thread and turn it into a "Connor fans vs Demon" thread....it's become annoying

I don't care if you dislike Connor or Edward or Ezio or Altair, get this through....I only commented on your unnecessary remark...

Just because i started the thread with that doesnt mean i cant talk about anything else i like, be it connor or anything else and i dont need your permission.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 03:32 AM

What has being female got to do with anything on here. I couldnt care less if you were a chimpanzee, which by the way u would still be welcome

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 03:37 AM
Very true, but if Connor's insulted, so are his big fans. And anyway, Connor wasn't the only one he insulted so OP's just begging for a derailment.

Okay thats real scarey the idea of derailment, oh please dont lol. Thats just a social construct and not something i care about, yeah am begging for that go on then lol.

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Just because i started the thread with that doesnt mean i cant talk about anything else i like, be it connor or anything else and i dont need your permission.
Alright then, don't come crying when people in the thread start talking about something else other than what you constantly asked for...

Permission? I didn't say you needed permission, I'M FLIPPING HELPING YOU HERE!!

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
I really dont understand why it has to be like that and to be honest i think its what some people here are angling for by suggesting itll lead to that. All statements like that are doing is baiting those that might react that way for your own amusement, when it doesnt need to be that way. Theres nothing nasty about my thread, its just a discussion.
Are you serious about what you're saying here? My own amusement? Me baiting!? Excuse me for a moment but that's exactly what YOU've been doing here from the start! This looked like a troll thread and this should tell you something how bad idea this thread was!! This is not a a great thread and I explained to you the reasons but you simply REFUSE to listen and instead you accuse me repeatedly! Nice try! Not a good start for you as a newbie here I'm afraid...

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 09:40 AM
What has being female got to do with anything on here. I couldnt care less if you were a chimpanzee, which by the way u would still be welcome
Because you called my a GUY and I just wanted to correct you!! You got a problem with that, too??

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Alright then, don't come crying when people in the thread start talking about something else other than what you constantly asked for...

Permission? I didn't say you needed permission, I'M FLIPPING HELPING YOU HERE!!

If i want someones help ill ask for it. For someone trying to help prevent an argument you seem extremely focused on driving that point home in an aggressive and suedo argumentative manner. Your grip on reality is shocking when you use statements like world war 3. People have died in world wars with very real consequence and its a sign of your own emotional immaturity to bring that into a friendly discussion. Enough of the drama please. If you cant handle it or anything else thats not in your control being said here, then simple, dont bother going on forums, its not for you.

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Because you called my a GUY and I just wanted to correct you!! You got a problem with that, too??

I never called you a guy but anyway it doesnt matter to me and i accept you think of it as trolling, it is not what am here for and if you dont like it, which i understand you dont, youve made that very clear, then move on and let others who want to share an opinion with do so. Am only on for a bit of chat to share a common interest. I respect the fact you feel that way, its just a shame you cant afford me or others the same respect without goung down to that level, anyway am done with you and will now not respond to anything by you, all the best in life

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I never called you a guy but anyway it doesnt matter to me and i accept you think of it as trolling, it is not what am here for and if you dont like it, which i understand you dont, youve made that very clear, then move on and let others who want to share an opinion with do so. Am only on for a bit of chat to share a common interest. I respect the fact you feel that way, its just a shame you cant afford me or others the same respect without goung down to that level, anyway am done with you and will now not respond to anything by you, all the best in life

What? This post is downright insulting!! (and yes, you did)

Someone help me to see the logic: First, you make a troll-like title with a troll-like post, then when people respond appropriately and in a jokey manner, you ask for a serious and intelligent discussion. Then you point out this thread was made in a "jokey manner", and then you ask again for serious discussion. Well, what is it? In what Universe does this logic work? And you expect for people to take you seriously, especially when your first post on this forum was made in a thread like this!? okaaay...

pacmanate
03-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Seeing as this thread is going nowhere and I havent posted in like a week...

"boobs".

bigbadcrawford
03-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Lol naw it is going somewhere lol i gotta admit though i like your style. If everyone thought of boobs for a minute wed all be a lot happier as people, make love not war i say, anyway back to topic, i think it could have been better explained by ubisoft and revelations version of ezio, graphically looked nothing like him, he was like an old wolf man in a hood, or munroe from grimm lol in his vescent form. Though it was a top job of having him move like an old man, just wasnt sure about the i know what you did last summer hook hand thing. Lol lets talk about that now.... opinions?

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
If i want someones help ill ask for it. For someone trying to help prevent an argument you seem extremely focused on driving that point home in an aggressive and suedo argumentative manner. Your grip on reality is shocking when you use statements like world war 3. People have died in world wars with very real consequence and its a sign of your own emotional immaturity to bring that into a friendly discussion. Enough of the drama please. If you cant handle it or anything else thats not in your control being said here, then simple, dont bother going on forums, its not for you.
Now that's a very rude way to talk to someone who's most likely your senior. I'm a 66 year old gamer and I have grandchildren. I possess a huge amount of experience and wisdom, you obviously need my help. You should be taught some manners and respect, young man. You remind me of my son, he put me in a nursing home, sold my trailer and married his sister. He was ill-mannered, just like you...everything in my life hates me. I went to the internet, the final sanctuary, to escape my cruel life...even for just 5 minutes and here you are again...being so ill-mannered to an older man...i'm reminded of how cruel the world can be..

also, I did not call it World War, check who posted what before replying, son..(i hope you don't mind me calling you son, you remind me of him)
and it's Pseudo*

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/29pqgqo.jpg

/thread

Sushiglutton
03-03-2014, 02:09 PM
I know I shouldn't get involved but I absolutely hate unfair mob behaviour like in this thread. I really can't stand it. bigbadcrawford made a perfectly fine point that Edward was very different in the final product than in the initial trailer (for example when he left the two girl bed). For no reason whatsoever people started to troll him like mad. It's just makes me sad to see.

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I know I shouldn't get involved but I absolutely hate unfair mob behaviour like in this thread. I really can't stand it. bigbadcrawford made a perfectly fine point that Edward was very different in the final product than in the initial trailer (for example when he left the two girl bed). For no reason whatsoever people started to troll him like mad. It's just makes me sad to see.
Everybody who came here actually told him that they agreed/disagreed with his point. He chose to ignore the posts that disagreed with his point too, even Farlander's, which was very articulate and 'rational' as he wanted..

Nobody mobbed him and no one trolled him.

pirate1802
03-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Now I can't differentiate between Kaschra and M..

Rakdarr
03-03-2014, 03:20 PM

This man speaks the truth.

Mr_Shade
03-03-2014, 04:17 PM
OooooKay..

Since the topic of the thread - is no longer what it started out as, as per the OP's own statements - and the fact that no one is debating anything.. I'm locking.

If the OP wants to start a new topic - which does have a subject which is to be debated - then please do.. I would suggest though, you do not answer other peoples post's in the same confrontational manner..

Till then: lockaroo