PDA

View Full Version : Question to those opposed of yearly releases

Sushiglutton
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM
How mad would you get if they announced on monday that there will be no AC this year? I've always been against yearly releases and I'd be freaking furious :cool:!

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Guilty pleasure...?

Shahkulu101
03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Too bad we're getting two this year. Which by the way makes me think we might get none next year...

Anyway, I'd probably be fine with it. The only thing I would find weird is the lack of anticipation leading up to release - but I'd be happy knowing they decided to take extra time, to release themselves from constraints. I'd be hopeful for the future above all else.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-02-2014, 04:35 PM
I honestly would applaud that decision. Yearly releases are bad for the franchise, plain and simple.

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 04:37 PM
From all the reasons coming from those opposed to the yearly releases, there is not a single one that has the slightest logic (except 1 reason).

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 04:44 PM
From all the reasons coming from those opposed to the yearly releases, there is not a single one that has the slightest logic (except 1 reason).
Lack of anticipation? I think so, too. That's the only thing I can think of.

(Of course we've discussed before other reasons like lack of time to implement fan feedback. But this can be solved I suppose by skipping the game and watching the story online if you don't want to miss out on the story).

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Lack of anticipation? I think so, too. That's the only thing I can think of.
Exactly that, but this is not deal breaker for me. I always eventually get full of anticipation a month or two before the next AC.

(Of course we've discussed before other reasons like lack of time to implement fan feedback. But this can be solved I suppose by skipping the game and watching the story online if you don't want to miss out on the story).
Fan feedback can be implemented, just not in the immediate sequel, but the sequel after it. If one wants to skip a game or two, they could do so.

Will_Lucky
03-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd cry, nothing to spend my money on :(.

ACfan443
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
It would come as a surprise if they announced that, but I wouldn't be particularly upset over the prospect of not having another excessively hyped AC game being released only 12 months after its predecessor. It would do me, as well as the franchise some good.

Hans684
03-02-2014, 07:42 PM
And be suprised and happy for the break but worried for Ubisoft's new IP's(like W_D) becuse with no series to give them money yearly to create new IP's. The change of another series takeing AC's place world be sky high. I agree the series need a long time off, IMF they did then id worrie about other IP's being yearly released that i night like as much as AC like W_D.

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Iíve always been with the idea of annual releases because the story always ended with cliffhangers that felt like a T.V. series where we wait eagerly for the next episode to know whatía going to happen, thatís when the story really had a meaning and was continuing in each new game. However, lately, Iíve been indifferent because the story is now more like an excuse to visit the past. No real continuing stores.

pirate1802
03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm with Sushi. Even though I'm against yearly releases I'd be unhappy if they now tell us there'd be no AC game this year. :( I mean, knowing outright that there'll be no new game for the next 2-3 years makes the wait easier. But with these leaks and hints? Tormenting I tell ya.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm with Sushi. Even though I'm against yearly releases I'd be unhappy if they now tell us there'd be no AC game this year. :( I mean, knowing outright that there'll be no new game for the next 2-3 years makes the wait easier. But with these leaks and hints? Tormenting I tell ya.

Thank god, for a while there I thought I was the only hypocrite on the forums ;)!

Assassin_M
03-03-2014, 02:02 AM
I'm a Hypocrite too...i'm against it for reasons said numerous times, BUT...my wallet would be REALLY happy if an AC skips the next 2-3 years....why? so many games to buy, man

That said, i would be pretty sad too if they announce that there wont be one this year

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Thou hypocrites! First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

errr....

umm...

ok carry on.

poptartz20
03-03-2014, 03:19 AM
I find this funny because people constantly complain about the series so in that case I would be happy because there would be nothing for people to b$&ch about. lol.

but on the other hand. I don't know I would feel odd, and kinda empty. I would miss it in all honesty! I look forward to the anticipation, comments, theories, and fanart.

this is like a little internet home for me. lol!

SixKeys
03-03-2014, 03:24 AM
I would be positively surprised. Now that there's no more continuous modern day story to keep track of (outside of Initiates), skipping a year wouldn't feel like a big deal. If it was done to improve upon the next game, all the better.

Besides, it would mean the multiplayer team would be forced to get their act together. For the past few years their strategy has been to make a game, support it for 2-3 months, then abandon it with all its existing bugs and problems and moving onto the next game.

Consus_E
03-03-2014, 05:02 AM
I'd probably go play AC4 again until Watch Dogs comes out...

LoyalACFan
03-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Between Watch_Dogs, Infamous: Second Son, Witcher 3, MGS Ground Zeroes, The Order: 1886, Batman Arkham 4, possibly Uncharted 4 and probably a few others I'm forgetting, my 2014 gaming queue is already full to bursting, so I wouldn't miss it too much if they didn't release one this year. And I'd actually be really, really hyped for the next one because it would mean that they're taking a huge amount of time with it and making it great. But I wish they'd go ahead and announce it one way or another though, because it's the "not knowing" part that's gnawing away at me. If they aren't releasing one (which isn't even a realistic guess, I know) that's cool, but if they are releasing one (or two) then hurry up and tell us about it, dammit :p I wanna know if Sam Fey is real.

whereisantonio
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
No AC game for a year is not my thing. I don't want to mourn over my AC4 for 2 years or else it'd get boring.

Unless Ubisoft somehow does a fabulous job of combining all we'd ever wanted to implement in Multiplayer (I don't mind the single player too much) such as game modes, bugs and things like that, not having an AC game for a year wouldn't be too bad.

What do you guys think?

jeffies04
03-03-2014, 12:46 PM
This is what I think... at this late in the game, it's too late to slow pace. There is too much to distract the audience's attention right around the corner.

We've gotten our AC (whether we loved them or not) in annual episodic installments for a few years now. If they lose that momentum, up against everyone else developing for next-gen, I'm not sure that they'd ever get it back like they have it now. I think they should just keep pace until they're ready to end the series.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 01:58 PM
No AC game for a year is not my thing. I don't want to mourn over my AC4 for 2 years or else it'd get boring.

Unless Ubisoft somehow does a fabulous job of combining all we'd ever wanted to implement in Multiplayer (I don't mind the single player too much) such as game modes, bugs and things like that, not having an AC game for a year wouldn't be too bad.

What do you guys think?

Pretend Watch_Dogs is the new AC set in modern day. It should last us a long while. :p