PDA

View Full Version : Possible Assassin's Creed impovement

Xx_ShAdOw1221_xX
03-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi guys, I was thinking about the hand to hand combat in ACIV and I found it weird that Edward, who is a master assassin, could only perform basic punches and a couple of kicks.
This is just my opinion but I think that the next assassin's creed should feature similar hand to hand combat as Sleeping Dogs. Obviously keep the swords and everyything but just add a variety of skillful hand to hand skills to the mix.

Also (in singleplayer and multiplayer) we should be able to create are own characters and make our own costumes.

Feel free to add your own improvements.

bigbadcrawford
03-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Its high time ubisoft sorted the climbing mechanics and fighting mechanics. Such as when fighting make it more varied control wise and have actual impact on where you connect with an opponent, such as if u stab someone have it look like theyve been cut or a limb damaged. Also have morr inventive ways to spend money accumulated in game, got so much cant spend it after a while. Less tedious following of people break it up by being more stealthy and being able to crouch or use more in your surroundings not to be seen. Maybe a present day setting would be good for a change. Faster pace, and better narrative. When the world is so open its easy to lose yourself in other tasks but the plot suffers as it gets a bit forgotten. Just some ideas, anyone else?

Landruner
03-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Hi guys, I was thinking about the hand to hand combat in ACIV and I found it weird that Edward, who is a master assassin, could only perform basic punches and a couple of kicks.
This is just my opinion but I think that the next assassin's creed should feature similar hand to hand combat as Sleeping Dogs. Obviously keep the swords and everyything but just add a variety of skillful hand to hand skills to the mix.

Also (in singleplayer and multiplayer) we should be able to create are own characters and make our own costumes.

Feel free to add your own improvements.

You are pulling a string of a previous difficult debate there.
Some asked for some heavier improvements in this mater and most people there were just happy with what they got (even asking to make it even easier for their tastes) - From that point I just hope that the dev(s) for the next one make it right in order to make the most supporters happy, but if you are looking for elaborated and innovative game-play(s) and variation(s) don't put your hopes too high neither. It's just Assassin Creed :rolleyes: and it resumes what it means.

Xx_ShAdOw1221_xX
03-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Your totally right. Most of the content in assassin's creed is historically accurate, (i say mostly because of the pieces of eden etc.) so they should improve the combat to make it a lot more realistic. However if Ubisoft concentrate too much on gameplay and the mechanics then the story will suffer.

BORED2703
03-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I truly do agree with those improvements, Shadow. I have a couple of my own that i would like to add. These are only my opinions though. They should increase the chance of two enemies trying to attack you at the same time, in AC3 it happened quite often and i really liked it.

Also if they include hunting they should make it easier to find and hunt animals. I am tired of traveling to several islands just to hunt a couple of animals.

What really annoys me in AC4 is that even if you use a rope dart just to pull an enemy towards you, you don't get it back like in AC3.

I am not saying that i won't buy the next Assassin's Creed game if they don't add these, i would just like them to.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Edward, who is a master assassin

He's actually barely even a novice :p

I didn't really care for Sleeping Dogs, but I agree that there should be more options in combat besides counters and kill-streaks. Combat is currently the weakest of the core gameplay pillars in AC IMO.

Are you talking about just being able to mix and match clothing items and gear like GTA, or are you talking about actually making your own character like an RPG? Because if it's the latter, no way, that would destroy the story. I do think we could stand some more customization options, but to be honest I was fine with what we got in AC4.