PDA

View Full Version : Possible AC5 Hint?

ihp7
03-02-2014, 05:53 AM
So I was playing AC4 multiplayer today, and for some reason felt the need to look at the unlocks. So, at Prestige 99 level 35, you unlock Nikolai Orelov's picture as an avatar. Is this a hint to AC5 being set in Russia? I don't know. But, I definitely found it interesting. What do you guys think? :cool:

whereisantonio
03-02-2014, 06:39 AM
A good theory.

But if I'm not mistaken, the patron picture you can get when you reach prestige 99 is the same as ACR and AC3.

ihp7
03-02-2014, 06:46 AM
A good theory.

But if I'm not mistaken, the patron picture you can get when you reach prestige 99 is the same as ACR and AC3.

Oh really? Oh well. I thought I was onto something lol. Thank you

AlexEzio89
03-02-2014, 06:48 AM
i dont think the ac 5 is set in Russia... japan is out.... we have china egypt .... maybe UBI have a surprise to us hope today we have 1 leak

ihp7
03-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Well idk. The numbers the AC Initates put on twitter are in Russia. And the words in English mean north, east. If it were to be set in Russia I'd love it. But hopefully we will see in the next couple days

LoyalACFan
03-02-2014, 07:51 AM
To be honest, I'm looking forward to anything they put out. I would prefer Victorian England or Imperial China, but I'm open to pretty much anything. The only thing that would disappoint me is anything post-1850, especially another game in America.

GunnerGalactico
03-02-2014, 08:03 AM
i dont think the ac 5 is set in Russia... japan is out.... we have china egypt .... maybe UBI have a surprise to us hope today we have 1 leak

There is a strong possibility that AC5 could be set in Victorian England... but that's just a rumour. All we need is one legit leak and maybe that will answer our questions.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/535059-assassins-creed-v-assassins-creed-5-to-take-place-in-london/

ihp7
03-02-2014, 08:13 AM
I have seen that. A lot of people say it's fake. And others say it's real. I guess only time will tell

alekiratu
03-02-2014, 08:51 AM
While I think that the Russian stuff on initiates might be hinting towards Russia as the present day setting, historical Russia is definitely not happening.

Barlog06: Is there a chance that one of future Assassin's Creed games will take place in Russia? I know that we have comic books and I enjoyed them a lot. But game is something different! And Saint Petersburg is an amazing city, you can come here and watch it yourself) It will be awesome to climb on some Saint Petersburg buildings. It will be as cool as Venezia.

Darby McDevitt: This would be cool. I have a friend from St. Petersburg and she talks fondly of it. However, we already did Orelov's story in the comic books, so we would be unlikely to go there with a game so soon after. But maybe one day!

Source: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/3904/page/15

Note: This was said when ACV was already in development.

GunnerGalactico
03-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Like I said, it was just a rumour. After reading Initiates.. AC5 won't be set in Victorian England.

So Japan, England and Egypt have been ruled out. Guess that leaves China and Russia now.

jayjay275
03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Like I said, it was just a rumour. After reading Initiates.. AC5 won't be set in Victorian England.

So Japan, England and Egypt have been ruled out. Guess that leaves China and Russia now.

Since when was Egypt ruled out? :o

Dome500
03-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Since when was Egypt ruled out? :o

End since when is England ruled out?

The only things ruled out are Japan and Russia.

Don't know how he comes to those conclusions :confused:

GunnerGalactico
03-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Source:https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1

Did you not see the fake artwork claiming to be set in Egypt?

Seriously.. look at the link

ihp7
03-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Watch ubisoft really throw us in a loop and ac5 is really set in the Wild West or something. I read the emails in ac4. I know it's in there, as well as china and Egypt. Even if they recreated the nikolai orlev story in the game, I'd be ok with it because I never read the comics.

Mr.GoodKall
03-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Source:https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1

Did you not see the fake artwork claiming to be set in Egypt?

Seriously.. look at the link

lol Fans put out fake artwork, not ubi. So the artwork is fake, it has nothing to do with the actual game being fake. There are a million of different AC artwork, it doesn't mean that fans all think they are based on future titles, just fan art. Ubi didnt rule egypt out.. only japan... so egypt is still a likely possibility.

Radman500
03-02-2014, 07:07 PM
so when has Victorian London been ruled out?

jayjay275
03-02-2014, 07:26 PM
End since when is England ruled out?

The only things ruled out are Japan and Russia.

Don't know how he comes to those conclusions :confused:

Glad it hasn't been ruled out though. A next gen AC game set in Egypt with a glorious soundtrack shouldn't be missed. :cool:

Radman500
03-02-2014, 07:28 PM
i think people need to start being more objective when it comes to these things

i think alot of this "its been ruled out" stuff...is mostly people who just don't like that historical era, and don't want the game to be there

ihp7
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
If I may ask, what is so fascinating with Egypt? I don't find it very interesting at all. I can only think of the pyramids, that's it. Maybe, it's my own naivety. Please fill me in on what would make it interesting. I am actually curious.

jayjay275
03-02-2014, 07:36 PM
If I may ask, what is so fascinating with Egypt? I don't find it very interesting at all. I can only think of the pyramids, that's it. Maybe, it's my own naivety. Please fill me in on what would make it interesting. I am actually curious.

Ancient Egypt isn't just pyramids, it had small cities and villages too. ;)

ihp7
03-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Ancient Egypt isn't just pyramids, it had small cities and villages too. ;)

I see aha. I guess an air assassination from a camel's back would be cool lol:p

Farlander1991
03-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Regarding ancient Egypt, I'll just quote myself from another thread to not write my points all over again...

I really don't get while a lot of people instantly think Pyramids, when there were wonderful big cities such as Alexandria.

Not necessarily 'over' (I don't exactly agree with sentiments of "this clearly should be over this" and etc.), and I can't find the depictions of Alexandria that I saw (the ones I can find right now are medieval and later), but...

Basically, imagine Damascus from AC1, but larger, and with tons of beautiful gardens, and surrounded by water (and everything's kinda more colorful, so the whole palette is broadly speaking a mix of blue and yellow and green). I think that would be nice, wouldn't it?

(Note, when I talk about the palette there I don't mean the building color/design, but just the general feel of the area with water, buildings and gardens bringing their own feel there).

ihp7
03-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Regarding ancient Egypt, I'll just quote myself from another thread to not write my points all over again...

(Note, when I talk about the palette there I don't mean the building color/design, but just the general feel of the area with water, buildings and gardens bringing their own feel there).

Wow, I never thought of that. that would be pretty cool to play. Hmm, thank you for enlightening me.:cool: