PDA

View Full Version : Definitely Harder on Hard! Accuracy of AI Pilots appears increased.

SeaFireLIV
05-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Flown 4 missions on Hard AI difficulty, normally I`ll get through without too much aggro... Maybe crashland, shot and bail or successfully RTB.

But now I`ve been HEADSHOT 3 times on each mission! Every time it`s been from behind or at an angle from behind. I`m seriously considering reducing the difficulty level to Normal!

Has the AI`s accuracy been increased? Or is it something to do with DISPERSION spray? Pre-patch their shots tended to fly about a bit, giving you a chance to evade or try manouevers. Now they seem to be one-shot, one-hit guys, at least on Hard.

Just an observation. It`s early days yet, but something has changed in AI fighter pilot`s accuracy....

edit: Flying the Spitfire in Kuban btw.

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/mep51.jpg

SeaFireLIV
05-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Flown 4 missions on Hard AI difficulty, normally I`ll get through without too much aggro... Maybe crashland, shot and bail or successfully RTB.

But now I`ve been HEADSHOT 3 times on each mission! Every time it`s been from behind or at an angle from behind. I`m seriously considering reducing the difficulty level to Normal!

Has the AI`s accuracy been increased? Or is it something to do with DISPERSION spray? Pre-patch their shots tended to fly about a bit, giving you a chance to evade or try manouevers. Now they seem to be one-shot, one-hit guys, at least on Hard.

Just an observation. It`s early days yet, but something has changed in AI fighter pilot`s accuracy....

edit: Flying the Spitfire in Kuban btw.

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/mep51.jpg

PBNA-Boosher
05-19-2004, 03:26 PM
It's most likely the decreased dispersion that has made them more accurate. Just fly with a wingman, (or if you're part of the 586 IAP, 587 BAP, or 588 NBAP, a wingwoman) and try not to let the enemy get off a fairly accurate shot at close range. Keep your movements unpredictable. Speed isn't an issue as long as you don't stall and you keep them guessing, though it is preferred that you keep your speed high.