PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Viking??????

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I want to make a Poll to see what future setting is most popular... And did anyone ever consider AC Viking? Since AC is into sailing... But I personally still prefer Egypt the most... Lets see what you guys think

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
You should have replaced Japan with China.

Dome500
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
You should have made multiple choices possible.

My fav. are Industrial Rev. England (and England in general) and China.

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 09:07 PM
You should have replaced Japan with China.

yea I forgot about china

lothario-da-be
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Russia, it could be so different and fresh. China would be cool too, but they should save that for a true next gen game.

GreySkellig
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
You definitely should have allowed multiple choices.

Top 2 are China and London. As a long shot, "haha wouldn't it be cool but it will never happen" sort of option, I would kinda dig a viking game--expand the fort capturing/borgia tower style stuff into amphibious raids on towns in your attempts to conquer and settle England, etc etc.

Still dead set against Egypt. It would be an interesting setting to explore with a game, but not an AC one. Frankly, I don't trust Ubi to do the research on anything over 2000 years old or so.

tjbyrum1
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
A Viking period would be interesting, to say the least. Perhaps the Assassins instigated the Vikings to raid Britain and the Templars are over there trying to take control of it all.

But ti doesn't fit to well, I don't think. I don't see it as a good setting.

Consus_E
03-01-2014, 09:42 PM
China

EyepatchEagle
03-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Viking and Wild West setting might sound nice to many, but I myself can't see how they would work in Assassin's Creed. Egypt would be cool, I'm interested, but then again it wouldn't probably work out well after these past games.

I would personally prefer to see China or Victorian England (or similar) being as the main settings, since making the story going in there would be... Eh, "easier"? More interesting? Making more sense? They would be more suitable for AC? I don't know, we all see the series differently and can't know which direction the developers are going to go.

But then again,
Ubisoft can develop anything out of from anything, name it as "Assassin's Creed" and wait to all loyal fans to make them money just because its part of the series and made by "the great and successful, well-customer-listening and -informing" company

then Ubisoft stands there like this,
http://media.tumblr.com/c45daf71975fc99a61a71ee1526e8295/tumblr_inline_mra1z5LLa81rc3nmz.jpg

expecting their big name to impress no matter how sh!!tty the game turned out to be

Seeing how disappointing AC3&4 was for me, I feel like I'm ready for any kind of setting as long as it makes sense and they make it actually interesting and working.

alekiratu
03-02-2014, 01:29 AM
India because it would be an interesting mixture of cultures! Hopefully, Brahman is leading to this.

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 01:32 AM
India because it would be an interesting mixture of cultures! Hopefully, Brahman is leading to this.

Maybe Brahman's the ''Forsaken'' to AC:V. lol

alekiratu
03-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Maybe Brahman's the ''Forsaken'' to AC:V. lol

This was exactly what I was thinking.:D In fact, there was a discussion about it on AC: Initiates: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6530/page/1

- Compared to AC:the Fall (Which had the Bolshevik revolution), Brahman doesn't really cover any important historical events. It sounds more like a prologue to set us up for a story involving the Koh-I-Noor. The only things of historical note is the death of Ranjit Singh and the Koh-I-Noor.

- The 1857 Rebellion will be the perfect year to have Arbaaz Mir's servant as a main character. Jot Soora(Modern day) was ashamed that his ancestor was not an Assassin but actually a slave. His girlfriends ancestor Arbaaz Mir was actually the Assassin. It would be badass to see Raza rise to become an Assassin despite the Caste System.

- The 1857 rebellion is actually a much more important event with figures like Mangal Pandey and Rani Laxumibai( who was featured on AC Initiates). Is Ubisoft saving it for a game? I don't think they could fit it in just another comic.

-The Koh-I-Noor itself is too important and central to everything to just appear in a comic. And it would be hard to imagine it in a storyline outside of India, It's just too iconic for the country.

So yeah, I really hope this is how it plays out.

TorQue1988
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Where is France?

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
The Sumerian Civilization

Going back in time to the oldest known civilization to man would be epic. I dont care whether it will rely on actual events or fiction. A good AC game is a good AC game whether its real or fictional. My favorite parts of AC are those with Desmond and with the First Civ. and neither of those are actual events yet they were very powerful and intriguing. So Id rather to a period where no other game and movie explored than return to the broken record of French Revolution, India, British occupation to other countries, China, Russia and other cliche stories that weve heard, read, seen a billion times in every type of art, including gaming.

Layytez
03-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Please no England. I don't care what time period I've just had enough of the British for a while. We need some more culture where the accents are rich and diverse. Ive always been really interested in early civilisations of humans. Hopefully a time period where the First Civ blends in really well and is very known.

Delvor
03-02-2014, 11:52 PM
AC Vikings could be very interesting, they could even touch upon the belief that Vikings made it to the Americas before Columbus.

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 01:11 AM
AC Vikings could be very interesting, they could even touch upon the belief that Vikings made it to the Americas before Columbus.

Yea Discovery channel had a documentary about it that proved Vikings came here first but left and went back, so when Columbus came it was new again. But Vikings would be amazing because they always sailed and conquer new lands.. they have a rich history and I just think a AC Viking would be a great game... I freaking love assassins creed, what a great idea, there is so much you can do with a game like this.. so many settings to choose from

LoyalACFan
03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Vikings would be cool, except the naval gameplay would be nothing like AC4's because there would be no cannons. I'd like to see a northern European setting anyway though.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Vikings would be cool, except the naval gameplay would be nothing like AC4's because there would be no cannons. I'd like to see a northern European setting anyway though.

Given the case, I think Naval would be used for "exploration" purposes only.

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Given the case, I think Naval would be used for "exploration" purposes only.

agreed. But I don't think it would be less interesting. They can find a way to use those weapon buttons for weather control or something, since Viking always had to sail in storms and survive.. I remember there was a Viking game for original PlayStation, and it was so much fun, I don't know why no one made another great Viking game.. AC would be the perfect game to do so, and UBI would be the best company for it

Megas_Doux
03-03-2014, 05:29 PM
agreed. But I don't think it would be less interesting. They can find a way to use those weapon buttons for weather control or something, since Viking always had to sail in storms and survive.. I remember there was a Viking game for original PlayStation, and it was so much fun, I don't know why no one made another great Viking game.. AC would be the perfect game to do so, and UBI would be the best company for it

Oh yes!

I mean, given the "fact" it would be for exploration only, does not diminish my interest on it. Imagine a cool soundtrack playing in the background while you free roam in a place like this:

http://thornews.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/geirangerfjorden-ingvild-torp-pedersen.jpg

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh yes!

I mean, given the "fact" it would be for exploration only, does not diminish my interest on it. Imagine a cool soundtrack playing in the background while you free roam in a place like this:

http://thornews.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/geirangerfjorden-ingvild-torp-pedersen.jpg

haha seriously

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
An AC based on vikings would end up like another AC:IV. Like the early 17th century pirates, vikings and Assassins can't be the same thing. You guys are basically asking for another game that sets the tone of a sea-roving bandit who came to understand the Assassins and their Creed by the climax of the game. And I'm pretty sure that concept wasn't popular with a lot of people here.

poptartz20
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I think an AC featuring Vikings would be fun combat wise. but I don't think the naval aspect should play a big part in it at all. Considering they didn't even cannons at this time I can only imagine what naval combat would be like. haha. Who can ram the other the fastest.

I wouldn't have a problem seeing the wild west but I think it would have too much competition with RDR. Then there is the industrial Revolution which I love the time period we but considering there have already been in the 1700's for two games I'm not sure how well it would go over. At least I have the order 1886 to appease this need! :D

China I would love to see as well. and it would actually be pretty logical to take a game there. Like around the time of the Song or Ming Dynasty . I can only imagine something happening like battling on the great wall of china. or using fireworks as a weapon.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2014, 06:26 PM
An AC based on vikings would end up like another AC:IV. Like the early 17th century pirates, vikings and Assassins can't be the same thing. You guys are basically asking for another game that sets the tone of a sea-roving bandit who came to understand the Assassins and their Creed by the climax of the game. And I'm pretty sure that concept wasn't popular with a lot of people here.

I agree to a certain extent!

A viking AC game would follow a pretty similar formula: May be 2 or 3 not very large cities and a huge explorable area to be wandered by a heavily romanticized group famous for its naval proficiency. The thing is that, gameplay wise, I LOVE that concept, for which I would NOT mind experience it again, either in AC or another sandbox style game.

Hans684
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
An AC based on vikings would end up like another AC:IV.

Kinda like ACIVBF but not another copy.

Like the early 17th century pirates, vikings and Assassins can't be the same thing.

Correct.

You guys are basically asking for another game that sets the tone of a sea-roving bandit who came to understand the Assassins and their Creed by the climax of the game.

Or the Viking could become a Templar instead after having learned about the Templar's and their Goal(s) or choose neither side and retire and live the rest of his/her life. Or retire until he/she gett forced in the Assassin/Templar War becuse of his/her past.

Oh yes!

That place is somewhere in Norway. The soundtrack would be lovely.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 02:16 AM

He wouldn't necessarily have to BE a Viking, it could just be set in the age of Viking conquest. He could be a former Viking who wisened up and joined the Creed, or he could be totally unrelated to them, they could even be the enemies.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 02:30 AM
He wouldn't necessarily have to BE a Viking, it could just be set in the age of Viking conquest. He could be a former Viking who wisened up and joined the Creed, or he could be totally unrelated to them, they could even be the enemies.

You and Hans have came up with some interesting background. I've been contemplating on which one would be an interesting one myself. Perhaps a story about an experienced Viking who struggles to become an Assassin from the beginning. Basically a viking who wants to be an Assassin but has no iota on what it means to be one. A perfect way of blending Assassins and the Creed with Vikings from the get-go without stepping too much out of the boundaries like in the past.

It's just been assuring that people want to be a Viking and an Assassin from the fanarts and such.

Mr.GoodKall
03-04-2014, 06:26 PM

Vikings would be great for a Assassins creed title. Think about it, AC is all about exploration and combat, the 2 main things Vikings are known for. They were also way before pirates, a few thousand years.... And they had badass outfits haha

Mr.GoodKall
03-04-2014, 06:32 PM
You and Hans have came up with some interesting background. I've been contemplating on which one would be an interesting one myself. Perhaps a story about an experienced Viking who struggles to become an Assassin from the beginning. Basically a viking who wants to be an Assassin but has no iota on what it means to be one. A perfect way of blending Assassins and the Creed with Vikings from the get-go without stepping too much out of the boundaries like in the past.

It's just been assuring that people want to be a Viking and an Assassin from the fanarts and such.

Since Vikings would be set in the earliest timeline that AC has visited, they can make the Viking the original "Templars" and "assassins" "the beginning" of the creed. That could be very interesting.

Some of them wanted all the power and they wanted to kill everyone they conquered, but the others did not want to harm the people, so they split into two.

cmrggamer
03-05-2014, 06:43 AM
I think Egypt or Russia would be interesting, but I put down Egypt in the poll :)

I would love India, though. That's my dream location, but it probably won't happen because pf the comic book that's out :(

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Guys,

We have seen a rise in these types of threads, and fun as they are - you need to start using existing threads.

We have some already set up - so a quick search would find them - or use these links..

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

'leaks and theories about future titles go here!' (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!)