PDA

View Full Version : the movie- i dont think Fassbender will be playing Desmond

Radman500
03-01-2014, 05:25 PM
on the imdb page, it says its "rumoured" that he is to play Desmond and it would be a re-telling of AC 1...but i remember ubisoft saying they weren't going that direction

i think its most likely it will be an original story in the universe that runs congruent to Desmond, maybe mentions of him, but i dont think fassbender will be playing as him

Radman500
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
any thoughts

Sushiglutton
03-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I agree. I think including Desmond in the movie would be a misstake. They need to have some modern content, but I think they should do something fresh. Desomd wasn't that popular to begin with. And retreading his story feels very unappealing and pointless.

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Just give us a story about other modern day Assassins. What I hate most in movie adaptations are when they pick actors that don't look like the original characters. I don't care if the acting is splendid. If they don't look the role, they aren't the role. But that's just me being nitpicky. =P

lothario-da-be
03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Desmond is more hated/ less liked then Connor. it would be a bad move from ubi to bring him back imo. I hope it will be a self contained story. Or some kind of prequel to ac5.

Hans684
03-01-2014, 09:16 PM
If the movie is based on the game, then I have no hope. It would be doomed to fail like the POP movie.

GunnerGalactico
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
From what I've read, it looks like they are going to make the movie based on AC1. I'm not sure if the movie is going to stay true to the game plot and be successful.

If Michael Fassbender is going to play Desmond... I'm curious to know who will play Altair.

Smithies89
03-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I really hope its an original story set in the same universe. you could even have Shaun show up seeing as his character model is identical to his voice actor

Black_Widow9
03-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Desmond is more hated/ less liked then Connor. it would be a bad move from ubi to bring him back imo. I hope it will be a self contained story. Or some kind of prequel to ac5.
IMO- I feel like without him, people who had never played the game probably wouldn't understand the premise behind the Animus. I guess using someone new would work too but I feel like they'll need that character for explanation.

DisbandedBox359
03-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Just give us a story about other modern day Assassins. What I hate most in movie adaptations are when they pick actors that don't look like the original characters. I don't care if the acting is splendid. If they don't look the role, they aren't the role. But that's just me being nitpicky. =P

I never get this reasoning, I'd much rather see someone can act play the part than someone who looks vaguely like the character.

I swear I sigh every time someone suggests Francisco Randez haha

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 01:15 AM
I never get this reasoning, I'd much rather see someone can act play the part than someone who looks vaguely like the character.

I swear I sigh every time someone suggests Francisco Randez haha

Understandable. =P

It's mostly a matter of perspective, really. When it comes to video games, if they had someone like Chris Evans play Shaun Hastings, I won't see the charming, witty, and geeky British guy I know and love . I'll just see Chris. #$@&ing. Evans. with glasses playing a role of a p.r.i.c.k. (not that I have anything against him)

But again, I also understand your side. Heath Ledger was a good example of acting > appearance

AdultShotaro
03-02-2014, 02:14 AM
I just wonder if it will overthrow AC1 before it was repetitive. Poeple will just by the movie instead.

SixKeys
03-02-2014, 02:26 AM
I just wonder if it will overthrow AC1 before it was repetitive. Poeple will just by the movie instead.

Movies are more of an addition to the universe, not a replacement. People didn't stop reading J.R.R. Tolkien just because they made movies out of his books. Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider were much more successful as video games than as movies. If a movie is well-done, it can serve as an opening into a fandom people were previously unaware of or intimidated by. If it's bad, the people who only know the movie will shrug it off and fans will keep on playing the games.

DisbandedBox359
03-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Understandable. =P

It's mostly a matter of perspective, really. When it comes to video games, if they had someone like Chris Evans play Shaun Hastings, I won't see the charming, witty, and geeky British guy I know and love . I'll just see Chris. #$@&ing. Evans. with glasses playing a role of a p.r.i.c.k. (not that I have anything against him)

But again, I also understand your side. Heath Ledger was a good example of acting > appearance

Considering video game movies in the past, I so want them to get this right :D

Im sure theres a few characters that could use the same voice actors ( Kristen Bell is the one that stands out)

Wow sure you don't have anything against Evans :P

DisbandedBox359
03-02-2014, 02:49 AM
If a movie is well-done, it can serve as an opening into a fandom people were previously unaware of or intimidated by.

Hopefully it goes this way. I never even thought about reading ASOIAF series until Game of Thrones came along so it can work haha

rob.davies2014
03-02-2014, 03:08 AM
I could see him playing Haytham; maybe a movie version of Forsaken, then they could include Edward, Haytham and Connor.
Haytham was definitely a popular enough character.

Hans684
03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I could see him playing Haytham; maybe a movie version of Forsaken, then they could include Edward, Haytham and Connor.

And since it's based on a book like a lot of movies the chance of sucsess is even higher.

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 04:44 PM

I was thinking that. It would be awesome too since Forsaken doesn't base itself too much around the sci-fi and action pact aspects of the franchise. It could really make a nice thriller for fans who haven't read the book. and wanted more of Haytham.

Delvor
03-02-2014, 05:11 PM

I find it interesting to read stuff like this as Desmond was actually my favourite character and I liked Black flag a lot less than I would have down to the direction of the modern day game play.

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Francisco Randez would make the perfect Candidate. Fassbender neither looks nor sounds nor feels like Desmond. I believe if hes to produce the film, it should stop right there and have someone who actually looks like Desmond play the role.