PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 5 can't be Victoria England and must be China.

ACConspiracies
03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
What about medieval China..... They have been hinting towards it since assassins creed revelations... assassins creed revelations had bombs from China. .. assassins creed embers had Shao Jun. ... assassins creed 3 had rope darts from China. .. assassins creed 4 also had rope darts plus in nassau the ambient music sounds like imperial Chinese music plus the new multi player character the orchid is from china.... and in freedom cry there are firecrackers from China and also the big gun is from China and not to mention the little box at the end which ezio gave Shao Jun to take to China... and remember they said only hardcore fans will see the clues in freedom cry that point to the next assassins creed. And also on a twitter q and a all they said regarding assassins creed 5 was "look to the stars" and the Chinese used to rely heavily on astrology, it's in their culture and China has stars in the flag.... and there are 5 if them for assassins creed 5. It can't be in Victoria England for many reasons 1) it has the same buildings as assassins creed 3 which was one of the bad points of the game.... 2) there have been English men in assassins creed for 2 games now and it's getting boring... i mean they only really had Italian's for 2 games... 3) none of the clues point to Victoria England.... There were no hints in freedom cry and "look to the stars" doesn't make sense for Victorian England....so what do you think???

ACLexter
03-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I agree and all the hints you mentioned totally makes sense.
I also voting for this Asian setting, China.
let's just hope that Ubi$oft surprise us with this setting.

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-01-2014, 09:33 AM
and when jade Raymond said ac5 its not going to be in japan she never said anything about china and It could be her favourite time period because a lot of interesting stuff has happened over there years.

Tolboe
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I think they have a story for a japanese or chinese Assassin's Creed game (Jade said that AC 5 wouldn't be in japan).
I think they will announce the chinese/japanese Assassin's Creed game, when their sales a falling hard. Everyone wants it to happen, so that's probably the game to save the series when the series fails to sell as much...

Does this make any sense? I just wrote this out of my *** and it's early. :-)

alekiratu
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Look at what they said on reddit guys:

Seriously though, we do appreciate that people love Connor and if we had all the money and time and programmers and modellers in the universe, we would probably revisit him... and Rosa, and tell you what Claudia was doing while Ezio was in Istanbul/Constantinople, and follow Shao Jun back to China, and do something in the present day with Clay and Lucy, and... and... and... It's a huge universe. We could work forever and not illuminate it all.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/cd7ip5r

So basically when ACV was already in development, without anyone asking, they listed Shao Jun and China among the parts of the franchise they are currently not thinking of exploring. It's probably not gonna happen.

And the clues. What if we see what happens to the box after China and before Adewale? The firecrackers are a really weak clue. The Dragoon(not dragon) blunderbuss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon) is named after french soldiers. A lot of country's have stars in their flags. In Shao Juns time, the flags did not have stars (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Flag_of_Ming_Dynasty.svg/640px-Flag_of_Ming_Dynasty.svg.png).

While the box could be a clue, the others are not.

oliacr
03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Finally something.

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-01-2014, 11:04 AM
look to the stars . maybe it means looking to the stars at night in ac4 and look up star patterns to see a name or something or it meaning something else like googleing it and see if there are any links between ac and what you come up with ?? just a guess

oliacr
03-01-2014, 11:10 AM
I rely heavily on the Freedom Cry hint the box which was given to Adéwalé. Why didn't they open it - And Ezio told Shao Jun not to open it, just only if she would lose her way. So basically, you don't know what is in that box.

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm still not convinced about China (maybe for AC6 but not just yet)... I also disagree there are no clues about England. The latest games are literally filled with England clues (maybe not Victorian England but still many clues, the biggest one being the ending of AC4) so we can't say there are no clues. And I don't find an English setting boring, quite the contrary!
The games are also filled with clues about France. Like everywhere, starting in AC3. So England or France are the most probable locations for me.

Also, the box for me still doesn't match with the other hints we got (like "look at the stars" or it's "in your face"). And there is nothing to connect it with those hints. It could be a copy/paste game element, it's not like they don't borrow mechanics from previous games...
Also, there are the Brahman comic hints, too. Does the comic have any clues about China? I know the British are present in it.

Meh... I just don't like China as an AC setting (or Shao Jun) I'd rather have other locations and protagonists. *fingers crossed*

oliacr
03-01-2014, 12:03 PM
We can't and shouldn't say that everything you find in a game or comic or something else is a clue or hint. England and France is a hint or clue because they were the enemy in AC3 and Black Flag, and they were in the Brahman? Yes they were there because in real life they were there. My eyes only stucked on that box, i'm hoping for that. I think everybody is hoping for their setting. Just a few more days.

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 12:07 PM
We can't and shouldn't say that everything you find in a game or comic or something else is a clue or hint. England and France is a hint or clue because they were the enemy in AC3 and Black Flag, and they were in the Brahman? Yes they were there because in real life they were there. My eyes only stucked on that box, i'm hoping for that. I think everybody is hoping for their setting. Just a few more days.
I'm not just talking about enemies' presence being French or British. There are always little hints about these locations anyway.
I personally dont' believe it's the box at all because it just doesn't make any sense when it comes to the Ubi hints we were given.
Yes, a few more days. Hopefully it's not China. lol

krazyowns
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM
My prediction for AC V:
Time setting: Industrial Revolution (1790s-1850s)
Location: America, France, London (I think you'll be able to travel)
Characters in game: Abraham Lincoln or Napolean (not as main character, but will be making an appearance)

They said that Freedom Cry would give away the biggest hint to AC5. Well,who else free'd slaves? Abraham Lincoln.
Anyone else agree?

oliacr
03-01-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm not just talking about enemies' presence being French or British. There are always little hints about these locations anyway.
I personally dont' believe it's the box at all because it just doesn't make any sense when it comes to the Ubi hints we were given.

Yes. I really wanted Japan on the first place. But it seems Japan is out. So i'm hoping for something before 1600AD atleast :D

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 12:47 PM
My prediction for AC V:
Time setting: Industrial Revolution (1790s-1850s)
Location: America, France, London (I think you'll be able to travel)
Characters in game: Abraham Lincoln or Napolean (not as main character, but will be making an appearance)

They said that Freedom Cry would give away the biggest hint to AC5. Well,who else free'd slaves? Abraham Lincoln.
Anyone else agree?

lol

First Abraham Lincoln was a vampire slayer, then Abraham Lincoln was a zombie slayer, and now Abraham Lincoln is a Templar slayer(?) I mean, well, I guess I could see it happening.

ACConspiracies
03-01-2014, 02:57 PM

Well I'm sorry but Darby mcdevitt had an interview with loomer on you've where he said that the box is the hint.... and it is because it is right in front of us but only hardcore fans who have seen short films like embers would know about it.... plus why would you want England over China... England has not changed much in areas of it and living in England I have seen England.... and the architecture is completely wrong for assassins creed and basically exactly the same as Boston in ac3..... and for France it will be similar to ac2 as we actually went to areas of France and the revolution stories are getting boring.... but I actually don't mind the fresh revolution as it is an interesting story.... but If they do those it would be 3 games set in the same century and I personally want them to go back earlier..... and I mean way back like 700 ad or something.... but whatever they do I am sure it will still be a good game... but they need something fresh like China which would look so different to other assassins creed games.... just look at some fan made concept art...

Reptilis91
03-01-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the hint right in front of us is Adewale's ship, not the box.

Rugterwyper32
03-01-2014, 04:06 PM
It'll obviously be set in Summerset Isles and we'll get to assassinate the leaders of the Thalmor. Down with those Thalmor bastards.

Oh wait that's the Elder Scrolls. Truthfully, I don't know what to believe anymore. Either it's China and the expected hints worked out, or Ubi is learning from Robert Kirkman and being misleading on purpose for more fun.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I have mixed feelings about a China setting.

You see, you can call me a China buff. I like Chinese culture so much, that I have actually learned Chinese (Mandarin), I have studied and lived in China for a year and have also backpacked alone a bit all over the country. It's a magnificent country. Beautiful, ancient, wonderful people, awesome food, great culture, great history...

Obviously, an AC game set in China has my interest (not to mention it would feel quite fresh after all the previous games).

However, I have to be honest. I'm not sure that China would make for a good AC setting. The reason for that is simple: architecture.
Now, make no mistake, I think that Chinese traditional architecture is gorgeous, but the problem lies in the fact that most Chinese ancient cities were mostly composed of very similar, low buildings. Very symmetrical, as well. In other words, most of it would be very homogeneous with not enough verticality and diversity. In a game where the whole parkour stuff is so important, this could be a big problem. It just wouldn't be that fun to run around the city.

Yeah, I've seen those fan-made concept arts for AC in China. And, yeah, they look pretty nice, but they show a somewhat fantasy version of old China. And AC games always portray the settings in a mostly realistic manner. Real China never looked like that.

The problem I just mentioned regarding architecture also applies to Japan. After all, Japanese cities were modelled after Chinese cities. However, Japan would actually be a worse setting. China, when it comes to landscapes, is incredibly diverse and has a lot of truly amazing natural places (really, China isn't just polluted cities. Nature lovers can find some absolutely marvelous landscapes in it). Pretty much every kind of natural landscape you can think of, China has it. It is a huge country, after all.
Japan, on the other hand, has nowhere near the diversity that China has.
Besides, Japan already gets a lot of attention in popular culture (namely, in videogames). China, not as much, so it would be a more original setting.

So, yeah, China has incredible diversity all over the country, but no so much inside the cities themselves (and, again, it not just the similar buildings. Most of them were quite low). So I'm not really sure about an AC in China...

I do agree that most hints point to China, though. Also, I'll take China over Victorian England any day. That's a really unappealing setting to me. After all of the vibrant places in previous AC games, I don't really look forward to play in a smoky, rainy, foggy, grey city... Plus, England doesn't really have an amazing assortment of wildlife for us to hunt, nor truly amazing natural landscapes. I mean, it has a nice, green countryside, but other than that... I don't know, maybe I'm not being fair. I've never been to England.

I've said this before and I stand by it: an AC game set in India (say, in the 19th century) would, if properly done, blow any other setting out of the water. It is just absolutely PERFECT for AC in every possible way. I might write a proper post, in another thread, to explain exactly why India would be perfect.
I'm surprised that I don't see that many people asking for it. Think outside the box, people!

Dome500
03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
1) it has the same buildings as assassins creed 3 which was one of the bad points of the game.... 2) there have been English men in assassins creed for 2 games now and it's getting boring... i mean they only really had Italian's for 2 games... 3) none of the clues point to Victoria England.... There were no hints in freedom cry and "look to the stars" doesn't make sense for Victorian England....so what do you think???

Disagree on 1 and 2.

1) => England =/= U.S. colonies. The U.S. colonies might have taken inspiration from England but the architecture is way more rural and simple than Englands architecture. England has a mostly European architecture with narrow alleys, big "main streets", canals, high buildings with a lot of elements to climb on, a dark atmosphere and very OLD city parts, mostly build of stone in contrast to the wooden-heavy buildings of the U.S. colonies in the beginning.

2) In my opinion not. There were a lot of Irish, German, Scottish, English and Spanish men in AC3 and AC4 sure, but IMO it doesn't get boring. We also never had a real English protagonist (Edward was more a pirate than English in his behavior, the way he expressed himself, etc) I don't get bored, but I understand if you get bored

as for 3

A good point. There have been several hints indeed and this (probably fake) leaked press release hinting at England, but I agree that more hints point towards China. I would like China as well, it has a beautiful landscape, unique buildings, VERY creative tools an Assassin could make use of and enough verticality to fulfill all your parkour/free-climbing dreams. It also has a unique atmosphere and huge cities.

I wouldn't say though that it CAN'T be England. For all we know at the moment it could be anything from French over England up to China.

The only things we know is:

- It is NOT Russia, since a developer some months ago gave and interview and said that Russia is interesting but that they will not visit it so soon since it is already in one of the AC novels
- It is no Japan, a fact that has been confirmed by Jade Raymond herself
- It is PROBABLY not Egypt since a developer gave an interview mentioning Egypt as one of the 3 worst settings he could imagine for an AC game (don't ask me why) (this one does not completely rule out the possibility, but makes it unlikely)

Real China never looked like that.

Are you sure about that? I mean sure you are a China expert and I believe you that this is how it is at the moment and was that way for the last 100 - 200 years, but I remember being told in history that there were periods in china where the cities were build to withstand attacks from the outside by building big walls around the cities and adjusting the architecture and height of houses in a way to make the houses in the middle/center of the city the highest and the houses which were on the outside the lowest in order to gain a from of "hill advantage". Especially the big city buildings I was told were build 2 or 3 levels high. Combine that with the wooden architecture of the buildings and you have enough room for climbing. Especially if you think about Nassau and can clearly see that a Chinese city would have both higher and more traverse-able buildings than the Caribbean towns.

England, China, is both good for me.

I just don't want France (no offense guys).

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Well I'm sorry but Darby mcdevitt had an interview with loomer on you've where he said that the box is the hint.... and it is because it is right in front of us but only hardcore fans who have seen short films like embers would know about it.... plus why would you want England over China... England has not changed much in areas of it and living in England I have seen England.... and the architecture is completely wrong for assassins creed and basically exactly the same as Boston in ac3..... and for France it will be similar to ac2 as we actually went to areas of France and the revolution stories are getting boring.... but I actually don't mind the fresh revolution as it is an interesting story.... but If they do those it would be 3 games set in the same century and I personally want them to go back earlier..... and I mean way back like 700 ad or something.... but whatever they do I am sure it will still be a good game... but they need something fresh like China which would look so different to other assassins creed games.... just look at some fan made concept art...
bold: This is like asking "why do you prefer red over blue". Plus, I lived in London for 13 years. I don't really see how it would be so similar to Boston. ???
After playing Dishonored, I loved the dark, misty, gritty feeling. And I'd love to relive it in an AC seeting again.
If the box is a hint, then what of all the other Ubi-originating comments about the hints? They don't make sense in the context of this box.

Maybe the box is indeed a hint but not an AC5-specific hint, just a possible future location hint...

Maybe I played too many far-east games or watched too many karate films or read too many mangas that I don't see this "freshness" about China... lol :confused:

SixKeys
03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
However, I have to be honest. I'm not sure that China would make for a good AC setting. The reason for that is simple: architecture.
Now, make no mistake, I think that Chinese traditional architecture is gorgeous, but the problem lies in the fact that most Chinese ancient cities were mostly composed of very similar, low buildings. Very symmetrical, as well. In other words, most of it would be very homogeneous with not enough verticality and diversity. In a game where the whole parkour stuff is so important, this could be a big problem. It just wouldn't be that fun to run around the city.

Yeah, I've seen those fan-made concept arts for AC in China. And, yeah, they look pretty nice, but they show a somewhat fantasy version of old China. And AC games always portray the settings in a mostly realistic manner. Real China never looked like that.

That may be true, but the AC games are never 100% historically accurate. Haybales on top of cathedrals, conveniently placed metal poles for swinging, slightly taller windows than what was popular at the time, random wires connecting buildings everywhere, etc. They could stay true to the historical architecture while also using "cheats" to make the freerunning more fun and viable. Kingston in AC4 was a lot like Boston, but after the complaints about the freerunning in AC3 they just added more connecting wires, trees and such to make the wide gaps less bothersome.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Are you sure about that? I mean sure you are a China expert and I believe you that this is how it is at the moment and was that way for the last 100 - 200 years, but I remember being told in history that there were periods in china where the cities were build to withstand attacks from the outside by building big walls around the cities and adjusting the architecture and height of houses in a way to make the houses in the middle/center of the city the highest and the houses which were on the outside the lowest in order to gain a from of "hill advantage". Especially the big city buildings I was told were build 2 or 3 levels high. Combine that with the wooden architecture of the buildings and you have enough room for climbing. Especially if you think about Nassau and can clearly see that a Chinese city would have both higher and more traverse-able buildings than the Caribbean towns.

Yeah. For the most part, defense relied on huge city walls (China has had some of the most impressive city walls ever. Not surprising, I suppose, considering that this is the country that built the Great Wall).

It is true that some places were actually laid out with a defensive purpose in mind, especially those in mountainous areas. While it is true that most Chinese cities felt very homogeneous and symmetrical (they were built with fengshui rules in mind), there were, and still are!, some towns with very unique characteristics. But they're a very small minority. In fact, some of the most unique/peculiar architecture and building layouts in China are found not in major cities, but rather in towns and villages, usually due to topographic and environmental circumstances. An AC in China certainly could have some places like that, sure... It would be a good idea. But the focus would always be in the major cities.
Of course, Ubisoft could surprise me and make an amazing AC in China. They sure have the talent to recreate great historical worlds. That's why I don't say outright that I don't want China as a setting. Again, since I love China, it would certainly have my interest and I'm sure I'd pick it up day one. But I do have mixed feelings about it, because I'm not sure it would work...

Make no mistake, the AC China fan art isn't that over the top. But it is clearly idealized and the buildings are a bit too gaudy (it also has a somewhat "dreamy" atmosphere, so to speak). While tall, gaudy buildings have always existed in China, they were also a very small minority. You see, looking at that fan art, one might think that the entire city would be like that, with jaw-dropping palaces, towers and pagodas and temples. But the fact is that the vast majority of the city area would just be countless low buildings, all looking pretty much the same. Even the tall buildings in China were never all that tall (with a handful of exceptions, of course), certainly nothing like what you'd see in Europe, for instance.

For sure, any Chinese city would be much better than Nassau or a Caribbean town, no question about it. AC 4, even though I loved it, isn't that great when it comes to cities. I suppose it's much more about the islands, the sea, the ships, the jungles, being a pirate etc..

What I would like in an AC game is a place which has both magnificent cities, with lots of different kinds of beautiful, vertical, climbable architecture and , at the same time, a great countryside in which to explore and hunt wild animals.
India has the best of both worlds and that's why I think that it would be an ideal setting. Plus, how many games can you think of (especially AAA games) that are set in India? I can't think of a single one...

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-01-2014, 05:20 PM
That may be true, but the AC games are never 100% historically accurate. Haybales on top of cathedrals, conveniently placed metal poles for swinging, slightly taller windows than what was popular at the time, random wires connecting buildings everywhere, etc. They could stay true to the historical architecture while also using "cheats" to make the freerunning more fun and viable. Kingston in AC4 was a lot like Boston, but after the complaints about the freerunning in AC3 they just added more connecting wires, trees and such to make the wide gaps less bothersome.
You make a very good point.
Yeah, I suppose Ubisoft could make it work. I'm just apprehensive, that's all.

Assassin_M
03-01-2014, 06:05 PM
No, it must be in Egypt

Rocker4Life634
03-01-2014, 06:46 PM
It can't be in Victoria England for many reasons 1) it has the same buildings as assassins creed 3 which was one of the bad points of the game.... 2) there have been English men in assassins creed for 2 games now and it's getting boring... i mean they only really had Italian's for 2 games... 3) none of the clues point to Victoria England.... There were no hints in freedom cry and "look to the stars" doesn't make sense for Victorian England....so what do you think???

Okay, yeah, no, no, no, no, no. I advocate that you're allowed your opinion but that's just wrong
1) Wow, yeah no? Architecture in New England, although English, was extremely underdeveloped and unless you have something against mansards then you're just wrong. Seriously, places like Westminster Abbey, Westminster Palace, and St. Paul's Cathedral would be some of the most iconic buildings in AC today. The rise of English neoclassicism in an also rising capitalistic and production-motivated society would be bad-freaking-a. Hell, the dark and smoggy aroma of Victorian London would be perfect for a stealth-based game.
2) Dude that's literally dumb. If your main interest in Assassin's Creed is nationality, that's just shallow. And Edward wasn't English, he was Welsh.
3) Clues. Don't. Matter.

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 06:51 PM
No, it must be in Egypt
No no no! It MUST be in Kuala Lumpur! It must, it must!!!

Okay, yeah, no, no, no, no, no. I advocate that you're allowed your opinion but that's just wrong
1) Wow, yeah no? Architecture in New England, although English, was extremely underdeveloped and unless you have something against mansards then you're just wrong. Seriously, places like Westminster Abbey, Westminster Palace, and St. Paul's Cathedral would be some of the most iconic buildings in AC today. The rise of English neoclassicism in an also rising capitalistic and production-motivated society would be bad-freaking-a. Hell, the dark and smoggy aroma of Victorian London would be perfect for a stealth-based game.
2) Dude that's literally dumb. If your main interest in Assassin's Creed is nationality, that's just shallow. And Edward wasn't English, he was Welsh.
3) Clues. Don't. Matter.
Pretty much this. Agreed. ;)

Radman500
03-01-2014, 06:56 PM
im pretty sure its victorina london guys

it was by far the most popular choice in the poll they did back in 2011....and that would coincide with the leaked press release, about ac5 being in development for almost 3 years.....

Sushiglutton
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't think those arguments are particulary strong. The box is the only one I think is valid, but it's not conclusive imo. Noone ever figured out the star clue, so that's a variable. The press release + pic from Chile are the best leaks we have atm imo, so I would put my money on London now (there could be two games ofc). I think we will know next week.

ze_topazio
03-01-2014, 07:54 PM
It must be my bedroom.

Sushiglutton
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
It must be my bedroom.

Because you just took a leak in there?

tjbyrum1
03-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Victorian London would be to similar to Italian Renaissance, wouldn't it? I've never looked to much into Victorian stuff.

I for one would love to see something in Asia. We've been in Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas, but we've never been to Asia. China, India, or Japan would be superb. India was mentioned by the crew right? I don't know much about India though (except ELEPHANTS!). China on the other hand would be okay, though I'd prefer to see it in ancient times (Three Kingdoms, anyone?). Japan is my #1 choice though; why can't we have a Japanese AC!?

In all honesty... Shao Jun has had good reception, right? I think she'd be a good first playable female Assassin (console anyway, since Liberation was portable).

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:48 PM
bold: This is like asking "why do you prefer red over blue". Plus, I lived in London for 13 years. I don't really see how it would be so similar to Boston. ???
After playing Dishonored, I loved the dark, misty, gritty feeling. And I'd love to relive it in an AC seeting again.
If the box is a hint, then what of all the other Ubi-originating comments about the hints? They don't make sense in the context of this box.

Maybe the box is indeed a hint but not an AC5-specific hint, just a possible future location hint...

Maybe I played too many far-east games or watched too many karate films or read too many mangas that I don't see this "freshness" about China... lol :confused:

You're not alone, lol. I'm also afraid that people will start requesting manga and anime next. The manga for AC:IV was just plain awful...

Consus_E
03-01-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm kinda hoping AC5 isn't leaked, and the setting is a complete surprise.

Perk89
03-01-2014, 10:23 PM
As long as it's not some crummy location in the Far East with something dumb and overplayed like ninjas or samurais

Dome500
03-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm kinda hoping AC5 isn't leaked, and the setting is a complete surprise.

Yeah sure, as long as the setting is interesting in terms of architecture, culture and story potential I am in.

Consus_E
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
As long as it's not some crummy location in the Far East with something dumb and overplayed like ninjas or samurais

Posts like this one make me hope the next 5 AC games are set in the Far East...

Kagurra
03-02-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty tired of rapiers, cutlasses, and flintlocks.

Just saying.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
The manga for AC:IV was just plain awful...

There was a manga for AC4? Wow, you learn something new every day :D

souNdwAve89
03-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Posts like this one make me hope the next 5 AC games are set in the Far East...

LOL! Agreed, so they can feed us their delicious tears.

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 01:22 AM
There was a manga for AC4? Wow, you learn something new every day :D

Yeah and I don't recommend reading it. It took a spin on Edward's tale by turning him into an over-exaggerated cliche muscle man that gives ''hurr durr Pirate's Creed'' a new meaning and also a new modern day protagonist who only knows how to whine and complain about his mommy issues. (sort of like Shinji from Evangelion but irredeemable)

Also cliche anime lolis in lab coats.

alekiratu
03-02-2014, 01:28 AM
I've said this before and I stand by it: an AC game set in India (say, in the 19th century) would, if properly done, blow any other setting out of the water. It is just absolutely PERFECT for AC in every possible way. I might write a proper post, in another thread, to explain exactly why India would be perfect.
I'm surprised that I don't see that many people asking for it. Think outside the box, people!

I really agree with this! I actually think India can give us a diverse experience. The best of many settings.

For example, India was conquered by Arabs and was influenced by their architecture. In turn, India had a huge influence on countries like China and Japan. Buddhism and the oldest martial art originated in India which then spread to East Asia.

So, what I'm saying is, India would be a really diverse setting. It would be like a mixture of AC1 with Asia. Add ancient cities, jungles and temples to that and it would be perfect!

O-Rei-do-Frango, go ahead and write that post! I would love to read it!

ACConspiracies
03-02-2014, 10:10 AM

That is another proof you gave. Ubisoft only sets assassin's creed in settings which have not been done in a big scale and England has been done in dishonoured... They like to explore places where no one has gone to before and there are no proper games set in China. However another thing they like to do is set it in places nobody expects, excluding ac3. So maybe it will be in Scandinavia or Iceland or Greenland.... every place in the world must have had some sort of amazing history so after all this predicting and stuff it could take place LITERALLY anywhere.

ACConspiracies
03-02-2014, 11:53 AM
VOTE HERE!!!

http://poll.pollcode.com/68588879

freddie_1897
03-02-2014, 12:47 PM
That is another proof you gave. Ubisoft only sets assassin's creed in settings which have not been done in a big scale and England has been done in dishonoured... They like to explore places where no one has gone to before and there are no proper games set in China. However another thing they like to do is set it in places nobody expects, excluding ac3. So maybe it will be in Scandinavia or Iceland or Greenland.... every place in the world must have had some sort of amazing history so after all this predicting and stuff it could take place LITERALLY anywhere.

Erm, the fact that Ubisoft only liked doing settings in a big scale is hardly a basis for it not happening. Firstly Dishonoured, although based on Victorian London, did not share any of the same landmarks and was a very exaggerated version of it. Not to mention it was not free roam. All of these things mean that Ubisoft could easily do the setting without it falling into familiar territory.

For comparison: The United States of America has been done to death in video games. But they still managed to pull it off because they didn’t present it in a way that made it seem familiar, they did it during the American Revolution.

Assassins Creed is about history, the location is one thing but there are also the people and the feeling of travelling somewhere that existed once and noticing various landmarks that still exist today. Dishonoured didn’t have Charles Darwin, or ****ens*, or the monarchy. It didn’t have the countless scholars who contributed to our current understanding of science, nor the writers who have written their way into the culture of the country. It didn’t have landmarks that have stood for thousands of years, because it is fictional. It was a fantastic game, but it wasn’t trying to emulate Assassins Creed in terms of how they portray the setting.

Your argument also completely discredits the poll done a couple of years back in which Victorian London was far and away the most popular choice. Assassins Creed is made for the people who play it, like all video games. It will try to satisfy consumer demand, and if consumer demand is slanted towards a particular setting that setting cannot be ruled out.

*Apparently the acclaimed 19th century author of some of most revered novels in history including ‘A Christmas Carol’ and ‘Great Expectations’ is censored due to his last name sharing one vowel and three consonants with a word that is commonly used to describe the male genitalia. I’ve been gone for a while but the censor system is still just as flawed.

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM
I really agree with this! I actually think India can give us a diverse experience. The best of many settings.

For example, India was conquered by Arabs and was influenced by their architecture. In turn, India had a huge influence on countries like China and Japan. Buddhism and the oldest martial art originated in India which then spread to East Asia.

So, what I'm saying is, India would be a really diverse setting. It would be like a mixture of AC1 with Asia. Add ancient cities, jungles and temples to that and it would be perfect!

O-Rei-do-Frango, go ahead and write that post! I would love to read it!

There won't be a game set in India any time soon.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
There won't be a game set in India any time soon.

How can you possibly know that?

Alekiratu, yeah, I think I'll get to it. Now I know that at least one person is interested. LOL.

oliacr
03-02-2014, 02:31 PM
India was featured in Brahman. Darby said that they wouldn't make a Russian setting, because it was featured in The Fall book. So If they have used India already in a comic book they won't use it in a game as simple as that.

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
India was featured in Brahman. Darby said that they wouldn't make a Russian setting, because it was featured in The Fall book. So If they have used India already in a comic book they won't use it in a game as simple as that.

What this guy said. And that statement from Darby came just a few months ago, when both AC5 and AC6 were in developement. Right now, the only possible locations are:
1. China
2. French Revolution
3. Industrial England
4. Wild West (only I believe this is possible in these forums)
I am not saying that India is not a great setting for an AC game, I am just stating the fact that we won't be seeing a game in India for at least the next 2 years.

Dome500
03-02-2014, 02:50 PM

At least it's unlikely they'll use it at the moment. Maybe in a few years.

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
What this guy said. And that statement from Darby came just a few months ago, when both AC5 and AC6 were in developement. Right now, the only possible locations are:
1. China
2. French Revolution
3. Industrial England
I am not saying that India is not a great setting for an AC game, I am just stating the fact that we won't be seeing a game in India for at least the next 2 years.

Yes. For me it's mostly the bolded at the moment.
Of course, there's always a chance we go somehere entirely different, nobody has thought of in a long time, like Brazil (the World Cup is coming this summer) or ancient Greece. No clue... lol

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 02:54 PM
or ancient Greece
Do you believe a game set in ancient Greece would be possible?

Shahkulu101
03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Only two days until the (apparent) official announcement - were we will finally see the setting, and put a stop to this madness!

If there is no announcement, then the torture continues! I have to say though, that waitng for the setting announcement isn't anywhere as exciting as it used to be for me - back when ACR was being teased and even with AC3, every little thing had me squealing like a child!

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Do you believe a game set in ancient Greece would be possible?
I certainly hope so! It could be combined with other locations like ancient Persia. And even India. These locations are quite popular.

I have to say though, that waitng for the setting announcement isn't anywhere as exciting as it used to be for me - back when ACR was being teased and even with AC3, every little thing had me squealing like a child!
I believe this is a side effect of the annual releases. It can't be helped.

Shahkulu101
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I believe this is a side effect of the annual releases. It can't be helped.

It can be - if only Yves put a stop to this madness! In all seriousness though, I enjoy my yearly fix but I feel like the games need a real shake up in terms of the core mechanics. I can't enjoy even replaying the games anymore - everything feels stale and unexciting. And the 'Assassin's Creed' elements in AC4, while still fun, were quite frankly the least enjoyable parts for me.

Maybe it's time for me to put the series down, they definitely won't stop yearly releases - they will be there when the franchise dies (and it will go out that way, don't expect a dignified exit if you take sooo long to leave) and I don't expect an actual major re-haul as Ubisoft's 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' is in full swing. If you take risks and need to change things, you take as much time as you need to get things as best as they can be - try to do it with time constraints and a development model that panders to the executives and you end up with failures - like AC3.

I feel like Buzz Killington here but I needed that out if my system.

Dome500
03-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I don't expect an actual major re-haul as Ubisoft's 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' is in full swing

Really? Because IMO there are things that ARE broke or don't work properly.

I think the problem with AC is that due to it's annual releases and the time-span of 2 - 3 years for each developed AC game the actual feedback takes WAY to long to be included.

If you give feeback directly after AC4, you actually know that the earliest date that changes due to feeback have an actual IMPACT and are taken care of is AC6.
That's a big problem IMO.

Sure, minor feedback can be taken into account faster, but the real core feedback for the mechanics and other elements can only be included in a game that is at the BEGGING of production.

And since we know that AC5 comes out this year (probably 3 years in production), AC6 next year (probably 2 years in production by now), AC7 is the game were all major feedback CAN be included, maybe AC6 if you are lucky.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Man, what a crappy reason for not making an AC game set in India. LOL.
An AC comic book is nothing like playing the videogame, so it's no substitute. I won't even bother spending my money on the comic book.

Well, as long as they eventually do make an AC in India, that's fine by me. It doesn't have to be right this year or anything.

By the way, Russia would be pretty cool as well, in my opinion (not as cool as India, though).

I'm just not on board with the whole Victorian London stuff. I find it to be quite an unappealing setting... I hope the rumours are fake.

Actually, Ubisoft has said they they like to surprise fans with their new settings. I have a feeling, and nothing more than a feeling, that the setting for AC V will be some place totally different.

Perhaps the Khmer Empire? No one ever mentions it and I think it actually could be cool, I guess.

Anyway, we'll probably find out next week.

Will_Lucky
03-02-2014, 04:59 PM
I believe in a few interviews Jade Raymond whenever asked about history has said The Adventures of Marco Polo was a favourite of hers, so yeah China certainly a is a possibility on that front.

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Well I think we should definitely cross Russia off the list, too (well we knew that anyway) since I really doubt they'd tweet a Russian fanart just before an official announcement.
https://twitter.com/UbiAustralia

ze_topazio
03-02-2014, 06:05 PM
^ Australia confirmed!!!

silvermercy
03-02-2014, 06:17 PM
^ Australia confirmed!!!
oh...
:eek:

And it has stars in the flag! :eek: #confirmed.

Radman500
03-02-2014, 06:19 PM
im still thinking its london..

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2014, 08:06 PM
I think it could be China since saying “It’s not in Japan” doesn’t really mean no China as well.

However, I believe it’s Russia. A lot of hints are being given on ACINITIATES.COM, lately, even though they did bring up Japan before on the Surveillance section. But the way they’re mentioning Russia feels more like a clear hint to the next game. Either way, I’ve always believed that Russia is going to happen sooner or later.

And I also hope it’s not England because we’ve been seeing British characters in AC for 2 consecutive games and I don’t think the Architecture is going to be very different, even though i like the idea of an 1800s game in London, synching a view point atop Big Ben but for now, I’d rather have something different.

Living on rooftops most of the game makes all cities look the same, not to mention the people controlling, occupying or ruling the locations of ACIII, AC:L and ACIV are almost all the same, in addition to the uninspiring villains, in general the past 3 games so I guess it’s better to have something drastically different and more rich to feel different, be it the atmosphere, the time period, the architecture, the characters and the story as a whole.

I think they have a story for a japanese or chinese Assassin's Creed game (Jade said that AC 5 wouldn't be in japan).
I think they will announce the chinese/japanese Assassin's Creed game, when their sales a falling hard. Everyone wants it to happen, so that's probably the game to save the series when the series fails to sell as much...

Does this make any sense? I just wrote this out of my *** and it's early. :-)

I totally agree with you. They could be saving this “Joker” card for the times of need.

alekiratu
03-03-2014, 07:30 AM
1. China
2. French Revolution
3. Industrial England

1.China:

If you say Darby's comment confirms India cannot have a game, get a load of this(said when ACV was already in development.:

Seriously though, we do appreciate that people love Connor and if we had all the money and time and programmers and modellers in the universe, we would probably revisit him... and Rosa, and tell you what Claudia was doing while Ezio was in Istanbul/Constantinople, and follow Shao Jun back to China, and do something in the present day with Clay and Lucy, and... and... and... It's a huge universe. We could work forever and not illuminate it all.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/cd7ip5r

So, yeah. Shao Jun and China were included in the list of things they are not thinking of doing at the moment because of time and money constraints. Yes, the devs said that. So I guess no China for the next 2 years?

As for the Marco Polo clue, that was Jade Raymonds first intro to the Assassins. If it actually is a favorite era of her, we must remember guys, it's possible to have more than one favorite historical period. It's a clue but not a particularly strong one.

2. French Revolution

There are no hints towards this. This is as possible now as Timbuktu. It's equally possible as any other setting.

3. Industrial England

If you are saying this because of the "press release", please read this: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1

TL;DR: This is fake because while Xbox One is mentioned in the press release, it's not mentioned in the trademarks section. Real company lawyers go over this multiple times because their lives depend on it. The trolls copied and pasted this from ACIV's release when XBone wasn't announced yet.

4. Wild West

One of the least possible settings.Really small towns where parkour would look silly, large deserts and will invite negative comparisons to red dead redemption. Will not be a smart move for Ubisoft. Also, nothing hints at this.

India

1. Just because one comic didn't lead to a game doesn't mean that the other won't too. Ubisoft is not consistent. Did you think we would get a repeat Assassin before brotherhood?

2. The Koh-I-Noor is too important. It's like "the one ring" of POE. It can bring all POE together, can only be used by women(Eve?). Juhani Otso Berg is trying to track it down and we know he's an important Templar. Both in the present and history, the Koh-I-Noor remains in India not any other country. It is too important for just a comic.

3.Compared to AC:The Fall(which had the Bolshevik revolution), Brahman doesn't cover major historical events. Could Ubisoft be saving them for something else? The 1857 rebellion possibly. Rani Laxambai, who was a part of this was featured on Initiates. Brahmans story still seems incomplete. It is entirely possible that this is to ACV as AC: Forsaken was to ACIV.

4. Speaking of Initiates, there is no sign of either Brahman or Arbaaz Mir on Initiates. Is Ubisoft trying to keep attention away from this?

A Special Appearance from Alex Hutchinson, Corey May and Darby McDevitt.

Corey May and Alex Hutchinson have expressed a strong desire for an Indian game:

[Assassin's Creed III writer Corey May] really wants to do India," he said. "I would, too. I'd really love to do the Raj

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/india-set-assassins-creed-on-ubisofts-radar/1100-6370104/

Okay you guys do remember Darby saying there will be no Russia game. The reason was not that it was already a comic, it was because they already completed Nikolai's story. Brahmans story is definitely not complete.

Okay, remember that quote of Darby confirming he won't do a Russia game. He(dcmcdxviii) was asked the exact same thing about India on reddit but his answer was:

I have been carefully trained to (almost) never say anything about the future.

Sorce: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1ve12c/ubisoft_has_a_lot_of_explaining_to_do_when_it/cercrz6

Now if he was so confident that a comic will never lead to a game and confirmed it for Russia, why did he refuse to do the same for India? What's he got to hide?

True_Assassin92
03-03-2014, 09:42 AM
^It's obvious that you're fixated for a game set in India and everyone has his own favorite setting, no problemo, but I still think that it will be the french revolution. You say that no clues lead to it while actually there are quite some that do. :)

whereisantonio
03-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Though highly unlikely, what if Ubisoft just put all these clues and rumours just to hide the fact that AC5 will take place in a completely new place.

What if it's actually in Japan but they're trying to discourage the fact that it is?
Or what about New Zealand and Australia?
Maybe they're going along with India to get that ACR feeling...
ANTARCTICA!? HELLO!?!?

Like I said, it's very unlikely but I'm just saying that it COULD be possible...

alekiratu
03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
^It's obvious that you're fixated for a game set in India and everyone has his own favorite setting, no problemo, but I still think that it will be the french revolution. You say that no clues lead to it while actually there are quite some that do. :)

Sorry if I appear overzealous,:nonchalance: But yeah, after AC: Brahman I started to read up on India and I would really like that as a setting.

As someone pointed out, It would feel a lot like revelations in which I could explore an exotic culture that feels alien to me. I've seen Japan/China too much in movies/games to find them that interesting or new.

Still, I wouldn't have made all these comments about India if the POE in Brahman would not have been so important. Just check in depth sites like Access The Animus. They will assure you that the Koh-I-Noor will definitely appear in future games. If the Koh-I-Noor was not there, I would have been rooting for Victorian London or Aztecs.

Even though India is a preferred setting for me, I have tried to support it wih actual reasons that make sense. I mean, I am not trying to see clues which are not there like the people saying the "Always look at the stars" clue = Chinese flag which has 5 stars(Which is such a stretch, really) even though Ubisoft has hinted they are not currently doing China.

I personally haven't seen any hints towards France, but if you have, I'd love to hear them!:D

avk111
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
What about the time of aging Camelot and the times of the round table ?

I think it will be a very interesting take on the legendary take but from a realist point of view. Especially the AC universe.

AherasSTRG
03-03-2014, 11:10 AM
1.China:

If you say Darby's comment confirms India cannot have a game, get a load of this(said when ACV was already in development.:

So, yeah. Shao Jun and China were included in the list of things they are not thinking of doing at the moment because of time and money constraints. Yes, the devs said that. So I guess no China for the next 2 years?

As for the Marco Polo clue, that was Jade Raymonds first intro to the Assassins. If it actually is a favorite era of her, we must remember guys, it's possible to have more than one favorite historical period. It's a clue but not a particularly strong one.

True, Raymonds also said that the next game won't be visiting Japan and Hutchinson said that "people on the internet suggest the most boring settings, like China, Egypt, etc". However, it was heavily hinted on AC Freedom Cry. It was also hinted in AC Brahman and Freedom Cry's ending. Brahman is about a jewel, Ezio gives a jewel box to Shao Jun

2. French Revolution

There are no hints towards this. This is as possible now as Timbuktu. It's equally possible as any other setting.

and the same Jewel box goes over to his lover, Bastienne. Now, there is a new entry on the AC Initiates database, which covers Adewale's Grandson, Eseosa, who was a lead figure in the Haitian Revolution and lived around the time of the French Revolution. It was said that Freedom Cry would have hints on the next AC. Freedom Cry took place in a French Colony. Also, while walking in Saint Domingue, you can see the French flag weaving on the beach:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Pavillon_royal_de_France.svg/1200px-Pavillon_royal_de_France.svg.png

And, if you see it from a small distance away, these signs look exactly like stars.
Therefore, French Revolution is also a bit hinted.

3. Industrial England

If you are saying this because of the "press release", please read this: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1

TL;DR: This is fake because while Xbox One is mentioned in the press release, it's not mentioned in the trademarks section. Real company lawyers go over this multiple times because their lives depend on it. The trolls copied and pasted this from ACIV's release when XBone wasn't announced yet.

Yeah, seems like this guy has a pretty strong point, which of course can be redirected easily. But I will have to wait until tomorrow.

4. Wild West

One of the least possible settings.Really small towns where parkour would look silly, large deserts and will invite negative comparisons to red dead redemption. Will not be a smart move for Ubisoft. Also, nothing hints at this.

Oh, there could be some hints, if you care to look for them, but noone's really that hyped about wild west, so nvm.

Reptilis91
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
2. French Revolution

1/ Phrygian cap, Masonic Eye, Uroboros : three symbols seen in ACB and AC3 which are together in The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

2/ Lafayette invites Connor to come to Paris and explains that the city is "sick in the inside".

3/ Almost no french in AC3, same in AC4, but everywhere in Freedom Cry. Maybe a transition ? French guards, french language, Frenchmen, french culture, french colony, the Code Noir etc... Freedom Cry is supposed to bring us closer to ACV...

4/ The name of the ship in Freedom Cry which is maybe the hint that is in our face : Experto Crede. In english "Believe one who has had experience in the matter". It reminds me of Connor and the American Revolution... and obviously another Revolution... ;) Trust Connor to help during the French Revolution, because he has had experience in the matter... it makes sense, no ?

5/ Sticky Note 14 : "The NEW ORDER is a disease and JUNO - MAY SHE GUIDE US INTO THE GRAY - will be our cure. Remember this remember that it was in the 18th century slipping into the next that the sickness took hold and men began to believe they were apart and individual of the ORIGINAL PLAN. Men shunned the PLAN called us slaves when we were only fulfilling our duty..."

-> "remember that it was in the 18th century slipping into the next" French Revolution and Napoleon's wars period.

And sticky note 15 : "...Then revolution in America and France bled into evolutions and into more Revolutions into Russia and Mexico and India and the sickening list goes on as men and women fought and died for the right to be indolent and sick and pleasured! but SHE - MAY SHE GUIDE US INTO THE GREY - has returned after a sleep of tens of thousands of millennia and we submit to live and work at her side - we the instruments of The First Will "

-> "Then revolution in America and France" It seems the French revolution is as important as American revolution. We had the first, so expect a future game in France...

So "no hints".... hum I don't think so. :D

alekiratu
03-03-2014, 09:28 PM
1/ Phrygian cap, Masonic Eye, Uroboros : three symbols seen in ACB and AC3 which are together in The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.
You could be on to something here! I also read about this ion an indepth post which concluded that the French Revolution would be next.

2/ Lafayette invites Connor to come to Paris and explains that the city is "sick in the inside".

Yes, It does seem like they won't just leave this hanging. But they have already said they won't make another full game about Connor so it's more likely he will make a cameo appearance.

3/ Almost no french in AC3, same in AC4, but everywhere in Freedom Cry. Maybe a transition ? French guards, french language, Frenchmen, french culture, french colony, the Code Noir etc... Freedom Cry is supposed to bring us closer to ACV...

I think Saint-Domingue was chosen because of the Maroon rebellion rather than for it's connection to France. Jill Murray wrote both Freedom Cry and Liberation and has said that she wanted to continue exploring the issue of slavery. Saint-Domingue was just to most convenient place to do that. If ACV is France, I don't think they did this on purpose.

4/ The name of the ship in Freedom Cry which is maybe the hint that is in our face : Experto Crede. In english "Believe one who has had experience in the matter". It reminds me of Connor and the American Revolution... and obviously another Revolution... ;) Trust Connor to help during the French Revolution, because he has had experience in the matter... it makes sense, no ?

It actually does and knowing how sneaky Ubisoft is, they probably did it on purpose.

5/ Sticky Note 14 : "The NEW ORDER is a disease and JUNO - MAY SHE GUIDE US INTO THE GRAY - will be our cure. Remember this remember that it was in the 18th century slipping into the next that the sickness took hold and men began to believe they were apart and individual of the ORIGINAL PLAN. Men shunned the PLAN called us slaves when we were only fulfilling our duty..."

-> "remember that it was in the 18th century slipping into the next" French Revolution and Napoleon's wars period.

And sticky note 15 : "...Then revolution in America and France bled into evolutions and into more Revolutions into Russia and Mexico and India and the sickening list goes on as men and women fought and died for the right to be indolent and sick and pleasured! but SHE - MAY SHE GUIDE US INTO THE GREY - has returned after a sleep of tens of thousands of millennia and we submit to live and work at her side - we the instruments of The First Will "

-> "Then revolution in America and France" It seems the French revolution is as important as American revolution. We had the first, so expect a future game in France...

Hmmm, yes this could also hint at other revolutions and I would be happy with any of the country's listed above.

Okay, you've convinced me. So, I'd say that France is among the top of my list for most possible locations. Thanks!:D