PDA

View Full Version : AC4 PC bad stutter

Animator_Alex
03-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Before I start I know this game is horribly optimized so don't just say "bad optimization". So the problem is I have a constant 60 fps in this game all until I look at any tree or grass, when the camera is on any sort of leaves it seems, it starts stuttering like crazy. Is there any way to fix this?

YazX_
03-01-2014, 12:16 PM
are you using SLI? and no i wont tell you to turn it off.

Animator_Alex
03-01-2014, 06:07 PM
are you using SLI? and no i wont tell you to turn it off.
No I am not using SLI I just have 1 GTX 780 SC.

jpm01
03-01-2014, 06:14 PM
you obviously have a problem somewhere , as that game is known to be low ressource demanding . do you have latest graphic drivers

Animator_Alex
03-01-2014, 06:27 PM
you obviously have a problem somewhere , as that game is known to be low ressource demanding . do you have latest graphic drivers
I do have the latest drivers installed and I reinstalled all the graphics drivers yesterday. The problem isn't really that bad but it jumps back and forth from 60 fps to around 50-40 fps randomly.

YazX_
03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
wait, FPS drops or stuttering, both are totally different!

i have stuttering problem on SLI, anyway, i narrowed it down to Godrays and Physx, setting both to low will eliminate the stuttering, try it out.

and for FPS drops, this is a very known thing in AC games, its poorly optimized for PC, so you will see FPS drops here and there and sometimes its massive, so if you are talking about FPS drops, then forget it and play normally, everyone suffers from it.

playlisting
03-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Do you have PhysX enabled?

Animator_Alex
03-01-2014, 08:54 PM
wait, FPS drops or stuttering, both are totally different!

i have stuttering problem on SLI, anyway, i narrowed it down to Godrays and Physx, setting both to low will eliminate the stuttering, try it out.

and for FPS drops, this is a very known thing in AC games, its poorly optimized for PC, so you will see FPS drops here and there and sometimes its massive, so if you are talking about FPS drops, then forget it and play normally, everyone suffers from it.
It might be fps drops but it feels like stuttering because it goes up and down from 60 to around 40 randomly.

Animator_Alex
03-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Do you have PhysX enabled?
No I have everything maxed out except for AA and Physx which are both off.

playlisting
03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
No I have everything maxed out except for AA and Physx which are both off.

Try changing god rays from high to low. I think a few people have been having issues with it set to high.

Animator_Alex
03-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I think I found the problem, my CPU usage is incredibly low. I tested it out on Crysis 3 after seeing the CPU usage on AC4 and on Crysis the usage was at 90-100% on all cores. AC4 however has only 20-30% on most of the cores and about 70 on one of them.

YazX_
03-03-2014, 01:08 PM
as i said, the game is poorly optimize and TOTAL CPU utilization is about 2 cores, best cases 2 and half cores. so FPS drops within AC titles is common due to this issue and no there is no way to fix it. also something is terribly wrong with Physx in this game, it massively drops your FPS, so run it on low.