PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed V - Coop ?

Dome500
02-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Hey guys,

SO I have been playing with tha idea since Assassins Creed Brotherhoods multiplayer was introduced.
When Revelations and AC3 came out and had the same multiplayer, but also other aspects such as Master Assassins (ACR) and Brotherhood members (AC3) this idea became solid.

Now, I don't know if it will be in Assassins Creed 5, 6, 7 or 8 (yeah I expect the series to last), but I would be HIGHLY interested in an Assassins Creed 2 - 4 players coop mode.

Here is what I imagined:

You are able to roam around in at least 1 of the major cities of the game where you are a member of the Assassin Brotherhood and your home is the Assassin HQ in that city.
You and your friends (2 - 4 players) can go around in the city, perform various side activities, infiltrate restricted areas, buildings or forts and have their fun.

There is a (rather small) Coop campaign which is around 2 - 3 sequences, telling the story of 4 Assassin recruits working together to achieve various goals while being trained by the order.

Killing important Templars, investigating various things, synchronized Templar killing during a big meeting or event, a story that involves either 2 or even 4 (if that is possible) players who can play together in this city/world of Assassins Creed.

I am sure Ubisoft can think of some fun activities to do, some nice side missions (assassin contracts, stealing from plantations or something similar (fitting the time period of the game), etc, etc) to do for 2 - 4 players as well as a small and interesting story as Assassin recruits doing their first missions together, requiring teamwork.

Do you like the idea?
Do you have ideas for side activities/missions and a story?
What are your thoughts?

Fatal-Feit
02-28-2014, 11:57 PM
TBH, we have Wolf Pack for that. Unless they plan on eliminating MP all together for a more organic co-op as ''Assassins'', then I wouldn't want it forced it. It's also not likely either, considering nobody games in the same room anymore. Current MP would still be a more viable way of playing with friends.

Dome500
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
TBH, we have Wolf Pack for that. Unless they plan on eliminating MP all together for a more organic co-op as ''Assassins'', then I wouldn't want it forced it. It's also not likely either, considering nobody games in the same room anymore. Current MP would still be a more viable way of playing with friends.

To be honest I personally find Wolf Pack boring. It's just AC multiplayer gameplay together VS A.I.

Of course, if they do a coop like the one I imagine, they should keep Wolf Pack. I don't like it, but other people do.

I just thought a small coop campaign like a mix of GTA online (city where you can do activities in) and Splinter Cell (a coop story) would be cool.

Sushiglutton
03-01-2014, 01:51 AM
I hope they don't add Co-Op personally becaus I think it would require a massive, massive amount of work and I rather wished they focused on improving the core gameplay.

Melee combat and stealth are rather unusual in co-op. I guess combat could become kind of annoying when two players fight on the same space. Compare to a shooter where it's much more natural to fight on various sides of the battlefield. For stealth I don't know how the detection rules should work. Just some random rambling in the night lol. At the very least I think they would have to put a lot of work into both systems and build them from the ground up with co-op in my mind.

Just because I said this they will probably announce a full co-op game next week :).

oliacr
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I hope they will add Co-Op to ACV. You've never seen coop in AC so you can't imagine what would be if they add it to the upcoming game. It can be either good or bad but I would put my vote on the first :) Co-op to AC is yet to come.

Dome500
03-01-2014, 04:44 PM
I hope they don't add Co-Op personally becaus I think it would require a massive, massive amount of work and I rather wished they focused on improving the core gameplay.

Sure, core gameplay > Coop

But if they can manage it somewhere down the road with the next few years I would welcome it.

Synchrossassin
03-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Yes I don't think Co-op should be forced, usually terrible idea to force players into playing the game a certain way, but a Co-op with another player or 2 would be great; like if any of you understand how they're doing Watch_Dogs multiplayer, where you'll just be doing your own thing in your single-player world, then all of a sudden some other player is hacking your ****?! Awesome, I love it, the occasional seamless multiplayer transition for the fun of it. But of course, there should be an option to turn that off/on..but just imagine, you're on a certain mission or side-activity, and let's say you just accepted an Assassin Contract..and let's say you have the 'Online Integration' setting On..and another player somewhere around the world also just took the same contract as you; so you're on your way to the target, jumping across rooftops, when you see another Assassin on rooftop on the other side of the street..and you meet up with them, maybe quick chat, but you can both 'mark' targets with Eagle Vision and see who the other marked..and the idea, is that if there's only 1 main target (usually in Yellow) then one of you could make a distraction of sorts, while the other takes the kill..that's if there's a lot of security or enemies of course, sometimes a distraction is not necessary..but when there's more than 1 target, then it'll just work like a wolf-pack kind of thing...but it would be pretty great if there was some sort of Co-op during some campaign missions, like not required but optional of course..
(also when you're choosing an Assassin Contract, it says whether it's strict single player or if it's a joinable one, so players know)

pirate1802
03-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes, co-op would be awesome as long as its not forced and I can play offline if I can. If they can do that, bring it on!

Templar_Az
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
If it was co-op I can just imagine my team mates blending in the bushes playing stealth-style waiting for a kill and then theres me just running out in the open ready to kill my target and 10+ guards xD

oliacr
03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Yes, co-op would be awesome as long as its not forced and I can play offline if I can. If they can do that, bring it on!

Totally agree, I don't really want a only online ...

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 10:01 AM
umm.. I would be interested in playing it! I think of like how uncharted had the MP that gave you the scenarios and you go through each part beating each part to move on to the next.

also it would be neat to see a survival mode in a coop mode as well!

I do have the feeling that would take a ton of work as well, and that's something that if it is implemented will probably take another 1-2 years to see.

Emperor_Fabulus
03-17-2014, 12:12 AM
I want you to stop and think for a moment.

Think of the biggest jerk you can think of.

Think of the most self-absorbed, insensitive wart on the armpit of humanity that you could possibly conceive of.

Now imagine that this jerk has the power to determine whether or not you are succeeding at your objectives in an AC game. As soon as the the optional objectives pop up on the screen, and they say something like 'Do not be detected' and he immediately charges into a guard's line of sight, then kills him, drawing the attention of every other guard in the vicinity, desyncing all of you. When it happens he shouts, with all of the conviction his twelve-year-old voice can muster 'LOL optional objectives are for pussies' while the game reloads you back to five seconds before he screwed up the mission for all of you. Now imagine that he does it again. And again. And again. So that you have to leave his game and go somewhere else. He's wasted, bare minimum, 2 minutes of your life.

Now imagine you meet this jerk not just once, but every single time you try to play co-op.

I know of him. He is the reason I can't play Manhunt or Domination any more.

frodrigues55
03-17-2014, 01:49 AM
I think Coop could work only for side missions like Splinter Cell's (which can also be played solo).

I don't ever wanna see any sort of multiplayer getting on the way of my single player experience, though. I don't want to depend on internet or Ubisoft's unstable servers to let me play my game.

Dome500
03-17-2014, 04:19 AM
I think Coop could work only for side missions like Splinter Cell's (which can also be played solo).

I don't ever wanna see any sort of multiplayer getting on the way of my single player experience, though. I don't want to depend on internet or Ubisoft's unstable servers to let me play my game.

Yeah, agreed. I imagined it like Briggs Missions in Splinter Cell Blacklist or the Coop of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Only with the difference that it plays in the huge world of AC. Little side missions with their own story which you can start in your hideout and play with 2 - 4 friends. In addition maybe a "free roam" option so you and your friends can jump around in a city together and do stuff.

@Emperor => In Splinter Cell Blacklist there is an option that says "Coop - Friends Only", meaning you can invite your friends and play with them. Very easy. How to find people to play with? The forums. It works. I am sure it would also work for AC coop missions.

Fatal-Feit
03-17-2014, 04:34 AM

This.

I'd prefer it to be sort of a revamp of MP whereas you MAKE an original avatar and you're off to assassinate a target with friends in an open-world structure-- non related to the campaign's story. I don't want it to be like DS3 where you miss out on viable story elements just because you don't have anyone to co-op with after a year or two of release.

Dome500
03-17-2014, 04:42 AM
This.

I'd prefer it to be sort of a revamp of MP whereas you MAKE an original avatar and you're off to assassinate a target with friends in an open-world structure-- non related to the campaign's story. I don't want it to be like DS3 where you miss out on viable story elements just because you don't have anyone to co-op with after a year or two of release.

Agreed. Should be a totally separate side story only connected to the main story by playing in the same city and the characters being Assassins.

pirate1802
03-17-2014, 04:49 AM
I want you to stop and think for a moment.

Think of the biggest jerk you can think of.

Think of the most self-absorbed, insensitive wart on the armpit of humanity that you could possibly conceive of.

Now imagine that this jerk has the power to determine whether or not you are succeeding at your objectives in an AC game. As soon as the the optional objectives pop up on the screen, and they say something like 'Do not be detected' and he immediately charges into a guard's line of sight, then kills him, drawing the attention of every other guard in the vicinity, desyncing all of you. When it happens he shouts, with all of the conviction his twelve-year-old voice can muster 'LOL optional objectives are for pussies' while the game reloads you back to five seconds before he screwed up the mission for all of you. Now imagine that he does it again. And again. And again. So that you have to leave his game and go somewhere else. He's wasted, bare minimum, 2 minutes of your life.

Now imagine you meet this jerk not just once, but every single time you try to play co-op.

I know of him. He is the reason I can't play Manhunt or Domination any more.

Co-op is meant to be played with people you are friends with, not some random jerk on the internet. Thats what MP is for.

Mr.GoodKall
03-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Yea I like the Co-Op idea, but on the side. I don't want to have to do a co-op mission in the campaign and get teamed up with some douch who just likes to do his own thing and mess it up for me.. (like briggs mission in SC lol). Id like it to be like Spec Ops in Modern Warfare.. That would be pretty awesome. But good idea, I like

pirate1802
03-18-2014, 08:49 AM
I'd want it like Borderlands in terms of co-op system. Play through the whole game alone if you want. Or invite your friends to have an easier (and more fun) time.