PDA

View Full Version : One Hidden Blade in the next AC games

Tolboe
02-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one who wants the Assassins to go back to using only one Hidden Blade?
Or at least let us have the option, to only have one...

This would also make the Hidden Blade a weapon meant for assassinating, rather than fighting.
I would loooove it!

AidenPixxel
02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I would love that option too.I also wanted to be able to use only one sword without disarming the opponent.I can't see the reason behind not having this option in the weapon wheel.The animations were there.

adventurewomen
02-28-2014, 01:18 PM
This hidden blade is sometimes best to use in fights, for example in AC4 it was better to use the hidden blades more than the swords.

It's only Ezio and Edward who have used duel blades. Altair and Connor who only used one hidden blade.

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Altair and Connor who only used one hidden blade.

Connor has two hidden blades. One of them swivels.

adventurewomen
02-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Connor has two hidden blades. One of them swivels.
Connor's blade is a detachable hidden blade mounted on a swivel - which he could hold it like a knife or use like a hidden blade, it was only one blade he had on his arm.

Tolboe
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM
This hidden blade is sometimes best to use in fights, for example in AC4 it was better to use the hidden blades more than the swords.

It's only Ezio and Edward who have used duel blades. Altair and Connor who only used one hidden blade.

Yeah, but to me it doesn't make sense (seen from a "realistic" perspective)... I'm just not that big a fan of th hidden blades being used, to deflect sword blows and such. It seems weird to me.

adventurewomen
02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah, but to me it doesn't make sense (seen from a "realistic" perspective)... I'm just not that big a fan of th hidden blades being used, to deflect sword blows and such. It seems weird to me.
Agreed, it just seems that in AC4 the sword mechanics doesn't work as well as the hidden blades do in fights, it seemed quicker to use them in AC4.

ze_topazio
02-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, and with two you can kill double the guards.

rob.davies2014
02-28-2014, 02:04 PM
I think they should remove the ability to be able to block with the hidden blades, anything with a mechanism inside it that is that intricate would not be able to withstand a strong blow from a sword or other weapons. I think removing the ability to block with the hidden blades would serve as one of the many improvements to combat which this game requires. I don't think we should be able to attack with the hidden blades either. Is should resort to Alta´r's style; Assassinations and Counters and that's it.

Personally, I loved the memory where Edward goes after some Italian diplomat and all he has are his hidden blades. I thought he looked cool and I loved the challenge. It felt like I was playing a proper Assassin then. Ubisoft should introduce the ability to customise what the Assassin wears, which should have consequences for social stealth.

ACLexter
02-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Count me in.
I actually like the idea of one hidden blade only.
Assassin now have different weapons to use and hidden is for Assassinating only.
I also don't like using hidden blade for combat, not seems right./

Sushiglutton
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Nah, I want two blades!

Dome500
02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Agreed, being able tho choose if we want to have one or two hidden blades would be definitely cool.

Also, we should have a closer time window again when countering with it.

ACLexter
02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I know the purpose of dual blade is to kill two target instantly.

Why not, make an animation where he can assassinate two target swiftly with only one hidden blade,

Aphex_Tim
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
I would love that option too.I also wanted to be able to use only one sword without disarming the opponent.I can't see the reason behind not having this option in the weapon wheel.The animations were there.

This! I've never liked dual wielding. Especially not for a swashbuckling pirate.

Dome500
02-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I know the purpose of dual blade is to kill two target instantly.

Why not, make an animation where he can assassinate two target swiftly with only one hidden blade,

We already have. If you run up to 2 targets which are standing vertically in line from your POV then you can run up and make a quick double-kill and I think he only does it with 1 hidden blade. Even if I am wrong and he doesn't, I am sure he could do it with 1 as well.

ACLexter
02-28-2014, 04:18 PM
We already have. If you run up to 2 targets which are standing vertically in line from your POV then you can run up and make a quick double-kill and I think he only does it with 1 hidden blade. Even if I am wrong and he doesn't, I am sure he could do it with 1 as well.

Yeah I know that feature, sorry I was mentioning the dual hidden blade kill when you're just walking. you know that killing the two targets at the same time. striking from behind or positioning yourself between them and boom, double kill. I just don't like it or I'm just tired of it since AC2 we're using it.

I mean, I want another animation when only using one hidden blade and walking behind them. will do another kill moves.

or maybe 3 to 4 target animation kill

LoyalACFan
02-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Hidden blades have been used in combat since AC1, and they've always been by far the best. The only difference is that they changed the combat mechanics, so now you actually deflect blows directly onto your hidden blade when you counter-kill, whereas before with the old "turtle up" system, you would just dodge it and stab them. It doesn't really bother me that hidden blades are OP in battle, only I wish they'd change the animations so the blows are deflected onto the metal housing rather than the blade itself.

But yeah, it might be cool to go back to one blade for a while.

ACLexter
02-28-2014, 04:30 PM
one thing I actually miss is your own throwing knife or dagger.

dxsxhxcx
02-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I would love to have the option to only use one hidden blade as well (the second one could be added as an OPTIONAL upgrade), but for that they would need to create new animations for single and double hidden blades and make a single hidden blade impossible to be used in combat, what IMO they won't do...

Dome500
02-28-2014, 05:24 PM
one thing I actually miss is your own throwing knife or dagger.

Agreed.

Gadgets is need the most in the next game NO MATTER which time it plays in:

- Distraction Tools
- Throwing Knifes
- At leas 2 far ranged silent weapons
- Daggers and Blunt Weapons (the latter one also non-lethal)
- More non-lethal weapons in general (loved the sleeping darts)

Also I want to be able to AIM with a smoke bomb again - was anyone else annoyed that you could not throw the smoke bomb somewhere else than at your feet?

jdowny
02-28-2014, 07:06 PM
I'd actually love this. And as it's been mentioned, they could easily have it so the player is able to kill two guards with one hidden blade.

I just hope Ubisoft isn't letting the dual hidden blades restrict them to post-Altair, since he was the one who introduced them to the order. I'd still like to see an AC game pre-Crusades.

Ureh
02-28-2014, 07:18 PM
If I recall correctly one of Altair's codex pages mentioned that the the vambraces and hidden blades are made from a secret metal. I'm guessing they're a lot stronger than we think.

---
But I don't really mind dual hidden blades. What I'm really hoping is for innovation that surpasses what was introduced in AC2/ACB/ACR (pistol, poison, hookblade assassination methods, etc).

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-28-2014, 08:19 PM
when were the hidden blades invented i thought they were around before altair?, i know the double was leonardos upgraded ones

dbzk1999
02-28-2014, 10:44 PM

You're wrong about Altair he's used 2 hidden blade in ACR

jdowny
02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
when were the hidden blades invented i thought they were around before altair?, i know the double was leonardos upgraded ones

AC lore dictates the first person to wield a hidden blade was the Persian assassin Darius, who killed Xerxes I, so around 5th century BC. So in other words there's a lot of room to play around with.

HDinHB
02-28-2014, 11:23 PM
You're wrong about Altair he's used 2 hidden blade in ACR

That's right--I had forgotten that. I remember that Alta´r described the invention of the second blade (and not having to cut of your finger to use the blade) in the Codex in AC2, but he was shown with two blades in some of the recorded memories in ACR. Connor also had two blades, but I used the tomahawk so much I don't thing I used both very often. According to the wiki, only one of Connor's blades had the pivot feature.

The wiki says the first recorded use was 5th century BC, when Darius killed Xerxes (the Persian king from 300). [jdowny poached me! :D]

As far as one or two blades in future games, for games taking place before Alta´r invented the second blade, there should be only one blade (and one missing finger). (Unless someone else invented it first and that invention was lost to history.) For games since, I don't mind if there is an option to only equip one, but there's nothing more satisfying than a well-executed double air assassination, so I'll take two please!

Fatal-Feit
02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
It doesn't matter. We can still assassinate two guards without hidden blades. Only a major gameplay overhaul can fix that.

Btw, I didn't get the 2nd hidden blade in Brotherhood until 15 hours in. It really doesn't make much of a game changer, TBH.

SixKeys
03-01-2014, 05:40 AM
I'm all for simplifying the weapons arsenal and making the hidden blades less overpowered, so yes. Leonardo kind of messed up by making the hidden blade a Swiss army knife. I want to go back to a time when the blade's steel wasn't strong enough to block enemy attacks, only to be used in a surprise attack or in a very small counter window. In ACR Ezio broke one of his blades in the intro cinematic. I wish that could happen in a fight and we'd have to go to a blacksmith to get it fixed.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2014, 05:47 AM
In ACR Ezio broke one of his blades in the intro cinematic. I wish that could happen in a fight and we'd have to go to a blacksmith to get it fixed.

Eh, I kind of feel like this would be more of an annoyance than a challenge. Broken armor was alright since it didn't do anything but lower your health, but if your hidden blade breaks that essentially negates the entire assassination concept until you get it fixed. I don't want to have to go running to a blacksmith all the time just to be able to pull off silent kills.

I think they just need to go back to the idea of counter windows to be honest, and make the HB one pretty short (and the fist one even shorter).

SixKeys
03-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Eh, I kind of feel like this would be more of an annoyance than a challenge. Broken armor was alright since it didn't do anything but lower your health, but if your hidden blade breaks that essentially negates the entire assassination concept until you get it fixed. I don't want to have to go running to a blacksmith all the time just to be able to pull off silent kills.

I think they just need to go back to the idea of counter windows to be honest, and make the HB one pretty short (and the fist one even shorter).

My idea was that the blade would only break if you used it for countering too much. IMO the blade shouldn't be able to block incoming attacks. Similar to the armor, you could maybe get a warning/indicator that your blade was weakening if you used it in open combat all the time, so you would have to switch weapons once in a while.

oliacr
03-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Sometimes, I would like to have one hidden blade but the most times I really want the 2. Just make an option for it, or something new I mean creating your own arsenal/making new weapons/dyeing your clothes(not just buying the templates from tailors but to make your own colors, wherever you want).

Kirokill
03-01-2014, 12:19 PM
You couldn't lift your hood up and down at will despite how much people were desperate for it since AC3(Connor would not lift his hood up after completing the game) or even before.
You could not un-equip armor or lesser grade in Brotherhood, (possible in ACR)
You could not un-equip the hookblade.
If memory serves me right you couldn't go around with only a hidden blade or without any stand-out weapon without replacing the heavy slot and throwing it.

I doubt it will be choose your pick.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have one hidden blade all the time, I would be happy to only assassinate one guy, and I would love to have the old assassinate animation from Altair and Ezio, rather the new too fast assassinate animation introduced in AC3.

Since AC5 is supposed to be a "turning point" which I don't really believe, and since it will use a new engine, AnvilX. I am looking upon to see new animations, and we should get a better Altair outfit rather than the sticky one.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
03-01-2014, 02:42 PM
AC lore dictates the first person to wield a hidden blade was the Persian assassin Darius, who killed Xerxes I, so around 5th century BC. So in other words there's a lot of room to play around with.

YES thats the anwser i was looking for and i bet with a little research you could find a group that are the group that spawned through history into the templars modern day templars are now freemasions and groups usually spawn from groups if you know what i mean :D