PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed V: Desert Son

MasterAssasin84
02-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Guys i don't know how legitimate this is but you really need to see this

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mjandrews82/1782006_276101769181001_841358206_n_zps5c12c3c9.pn g (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/mjandrews82/media/1782006_276101769181001_841358206_n_zps5c12c3c9.pn g.html)

LoyalACFan
02-28-2014, 01:39 AM
I doubt it's real. For one thing, this would apparently be the next-gen-only title, and next-gen consoles don't have a "start" button.

But whoever made it at least made it look cool. Makes me want an Egypt game.

Radman500
02-28-2014, 01:41 AM
im telling yall its victorian london....

the poll results from 2011, the detailed leak of Samuel Fey.....etc.

MasterAssasin84
02-28-2014, 01:42 AM
I doubt it's real. For one thing, this would apparently be the next-gen-only title, and next-gen consoles don't have a "start" button.

It seriously does i mean i would prefer this to the London theme thats rumoured to be announced !! imagine hunting Templars in Luxor and Cairo ! Doing the leap of the Faith of the Sphinx ! and using eagle vision to guide through sand/desert storms !!

MasterAssasin84
02-28-2014, 01:44 AM
im telling yall its victorian london....

the poll results from 2011, the detailed leak of Samuel Fey.....etc.

I aint saying nothing because i honestly don't know ! .

I am not to sure that UBI would make an AC game based around the results of a poll because over the years it evident that they do their own thing.

alekiratu
02-28-2014, 01:51 AM
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193238/assassinscreed/images/e/ec/Insignia_3.png

This is the Egyptian Assassin's insignia guys. Why would they change something that was already established? Fake.

MasterAssasin84
02-28-2014, 01:55 AM
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193238/assassinscreed/images/e/ec/Insignia_3.png

This is the Egyptian Assassin's insignia guys. Why would they change something that was already established? Fake.

To be Honest on the title screen of AC1 Did you see the insignia of the Syrian Assassins ? on the title screen of ACR did you see the insignia of the Turkish Assassins ?

That does not mean anything !! at this point i am not ruling anything out

Consus_E
02-28-2014, 02:05 AM
Photoshop...

alekiratu
02-28-2014, 02:10 AM
To be Honest on the title screen of AC1 Did you see the insignia of the Syrian Assassins ? on the title screen of ACR did you see the insignia of the Turkish Assassins ?

That does not mean anything !! at this point i am not ruling anything out

They had the generic insignia though, which would honestly have made Desert Son more believable. And shouldn't the background be a Memory Corridor instead of a wall?

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 02:49 AM
I posted this same pic last month lol

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 02:57 AM
I posted this same pic last month lol

Although I wish It was Egypt. That's my favorite setting BY FAR. That would be the best AC ever made

STDlyMcStudpants
02-28-2014, 06:33 AM
lmao #ThatPressStart it looks like a font in paint.

Ac3videos
02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Guys i don't know how legitimate this is but you really need to see this

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mjandrews82/1782006_276101769181001_841358206_n_zps5c12c3c9.pn g (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/mjandrews82/media/1782006_276101769181001_841358206_n_zps5c12c3c9.pn g.html)

Assassin's Creed 5 in Egypt is good but it will get boring after 2 or 3 months because egypt has pyramids everywhere & very few places are adventurous but if ubisoft will make pyramids explorable then it will be awesome.

adventurewomen
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Another fake.

Assassin's Creed 5 in Egypt is good but it will get boring after 2 or 3 months because egypt has pyramids everywhere & very few places are adventurous but if ubisoft will make pyramids explorable then it will be awesome.
Agreed, however Ancient Egypt did have a different landscape back then it wasn't an arid desert.

DrBlutengott
02-28-2014, 02:32 PM

The thing with Pyramids is theyre not some great big yawning cathedral, theyre really small and cramped corridors. Even the Great Pyramid of Giza only has three rooms.

I really dont get why people say Egypt would be a good setting. Especially while slighting Japan.

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 02:50 PM
I really dont get why people say Egypt would be a good setting.

I really don't get while a lot of people instantly think Pyramids, when there were wonderful big cities such as Alexandria.

DrBlutengott
02-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Because of Pharoahs and Sphinxes. Lets face it, after Greece becomes a power, world history classes in America rarely go out of Europe. :p

I still dont get why Alexandria would be a good setting over any other Hellenistic city. Could you explain?

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Not necessarily 'over' (I don't exactly agree with sentiments of "this clearly should be over this" and etc.), and I can't find the depictions of Alexandria that I saw (the ones I can find right now are medieval and later), but...

Basically, imagine Damascus from AC1, but larger, and with tons of beautiful gardens, and surrounded by water (and everything's kinda more colorful, so the whole palette is broadly speaking a mix of blue and yellow and green). I think that would be nice, wouldn't it?

DrBlutengott
02-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Well you made me think of the Ishtar gate and the Hanging Gardens :p

But as nice as the city would be, would anyone really associate that with Egypt over something like Giza or Memphis? I mean as a game about the sailing in the Hellenistic Mediterranean would use Alexandria very nicely, but Im not sold on Alexandria for Egypt.

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Alexandria was formed right before the start Hellennestic period, it wouldn't really be as I described until the end of it, so it wouldn't work (depending on where in the Hellenistic period you'd want to put the action in, though)

But I don't think associations with Giza and Memphis over Alexandria are important. In fact, breaking the mold would be VERY good. After all, if we take AC4 as an example, when people think of the age of piracy they think of Tortuga (mainly because of all the bucanners that gathered there) and Port Royal (mainly because it was an important well-known port). Nobody (and I mean just the first associations from the whole audience) really thinks of cities like Havana, which was a very large and beautiful city at the time and in AC4 as well (even though one building is half a century earlier than it should have been there :p ) It's exactly stuff like this that makes people wonder and say, 'hm, maybe I should look into this more' (which was the case for me with AC2 and AC3, for example, I studied the Crusade and Caribbean Piracy periods a lot long before AC series existed, but my knowledge of Renaissance and American Revolution was very limited), so I think that's good.

EDIT: Btw, when I named 'blue' part of the palette is because of all the water, not that buildings would be blue there :D

Radman500
02-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Farlander i think it will be in Victorian London

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying/discussing/speculating anything about where this years AC game is going to take place.

I just think Alexandria would be awesome :p

GunnerGalactico
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM
I think Memphis and Nubia would also be good cities.

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
The thing with Pyramids is theyre not some great big yawning cathedral, theyre really small and cramped corridors. Even the Great Pyramid of Giza only has three rooms.

I really dont get why people say Egypt would be a good setting. Especially while slighting Japan.

Old age of Ancient Egypt only has a few buildings and pyramids, youre right, by Middle age is FLOWING with cities like Alexandria. With a rich history like Julius Cesar and Alexander the great invasion, so many great wars. And yes, the pyramids were build with just 3 rooms, but that were build as a monument for their pharaoh gods so there wasn't supposed to be many rooms. Just a room where the body layed. But the tombs are a different story. There is 1 tomb where the body of King Tut was originally moved to, it had 288 hidden rooms and went incredibly deep underground. And there are over 5000 different tombs, and over 500 pyrimids throughout Egypt. So there is plenty to explore. With desert storms, the nile river, Alexandria and the treasures and wars middle age had would be the most amazing AC ever made. I studied Egypt before :cool: trust me, there is so much to do and explore than what you are seeing on tv

Escappa
02-28-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ubisoft-osiris.jpg

I know that this is from a cancelled project. But if there will ever be an egyptian assassin's creed (which I both hope and belive there will at some point) I really hope it would look something like this :D

It's weird though, that the same charachter in the picture above, could be found in another picture together with the pyramids in AC IV (a hint?)

Dome500
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM

I know that this is from a cancelled project. But if there will ever be an egyptian assassin's creed (which I both hope and belive there will at some point) I really hope it would look something like this :D

It's weird though, that the same charachter in the picture above, could be found in another picture together with the pyramids in AC IV (a hint?)

I doubt it. It is rather the developers trolling us. They fed us exactly the most demanded periods in that mail. The dev who wrote the mail told in and interview that he made the mail up in the evening within 15 minutes or so.

Escappa
02-28-2014, 06:07 PM
I doubt it. It is rather the developers trolling us. They fed us exactly the most demanded periods in that mail. The dev who wrote the mail told in and interview that he made the mail up in the evening within 15 minutes or so.

Yeah I know, but there is a different between writing a fictional email, and put a unique picture into the game. But it's probably like you say, however I hope it's not :p

DavidPage
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM

I know that this is from a cancelled project. But if there will ever be an Egyptian assassin's creed (which I both hope and believe there will at some point) I really hope it would look something like this :D

It's weird though, that the same character in the picture above, could be found in another picture together with the pyramids in AC IV (a hint?)

What I hope that happened is: the canceled project (which may have been a mild "lie") turned into AC V. Look at his hip weapon. It looks exactly like Connor's tomahawk when holstered. And that pic and the accompanying video leaked around 2012 (right? can't remember correctly) which is AC III time. Also, the supposed Desert Son leak looks maybe like a preprepre Alpha menu screen (like a placeholder or something, for internal use). So... do the math and some exciting stuff comes out. But they may just be that, hopes. Either way, a Victorian London AC wouldn't bother me at all.

Escappa
02-28-2014, 07:57 PM

It isn't comfirmed that ACV will be next-gen only, is it?

Aphex_Tim
02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Farlander i think it will be in Victorian London

I hope not, actually. After AC3, I didn't really think Ubi could surprise me with the next setting but they pulled it off anyway by announcing the Caribbean setting.
Victorian London feels a little too obvious to me; maybe even overused.

oliacr
02-28-2014, 08:32 PM
If not Japan, then either China or Egypt ... come on. Just not the Victorian England or anything above 1600 AD.

GunnerGalactico
02-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Old age of Ancient Egypt only has a few buildings and pyramids, youre right, by Middle age is FLOWING with cities like Alexandria. With a rich history like Julius Cesar and Alexander the great invasion, so many great wars. And yes, the pyramids were build with just 3 rooms, but that were build as a monument for their pharaoh gods so there wasn't supposed to be many rooms. Just a room where the body layed. But the tombs are a different story. There is 1 tomb where the body of King Tut was originally moved to, it had 288 hidden rooms and went incredibly deep underground. And there are over 5000 different tombs, and over 500 pyrimids throughout Egypt. So there is plenty to explore. With desert storms, the nile river, Alexandria and the treasures and wars middle age had would be the most amazing AC ever made. I studied Egypt before :cool: trust me, there is so much to do and explore than what you are seeing on tv

Thanks for the history lesson, it is very fascinating. I've also studied Egypt and still watch documentaries about it. The reason why we don't see a lot footage on tv is because there are certain things they are not allowed to view to the public. There are a lot of archaeologists and historians out there that visit and excavate most of the sites in Egypt. Before they do that, they have to obtain permission from the local authorities and from Zahi Hawass, he is a master Egyptologist and in charge of all things Ancient Egypt. He reserves the right to restrict camera footage and further exploration.

Back on topic, I do not know for certain if the next setting is in Egypt but it sounds like a good idea anyway.

luckyto
02-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Victorian England or 18th century Russia will probably make a good AC. I'm sure I would eventually get excited for it, and the game would be fun to play. But honestly, I'm tired of the "gun" era. I really really want to go farther back.

I think the only way I get really excited for this release would be ancient or Hellenistic Egypt or Greece. Maybe Feudal China. But going back to that part of the Mediterranean with a focus on melee combat... desert, sun, Ancient structures... that would just get me really excited about it from the get-go.

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the history lesson, it is very fascinating. I've also studied Egypt and still watch documentaries about it. The reason why we don't a lot footage on tv is because there are certain things they are not allowed to view to the public. There are a lot of archaeologists and historians out there that visit and excavate most of sites in Egypt. Before they do that, they have to obtain permission from the local authorities and from Zahi Hawass, he is a master Egyptologist and in charge of all things Ancient Egypt. He reserves the right restrict camera footage and further exploration.

Back on topic, I do not know for certain if the next setting is in Egypt but it sounds like a good idea anyway.

haha, Dr. Hawass is the man. I have a few of his books, and yes, he is literally in EVERY Egypt documentary lol. I just feel bad that whats going on in Egypt is hurting all the antiques. Asshoels are breaking into Cairo museum and stealing stuff. But yea, Egypt would be great..

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 11:35 PM
just came across this

http://duuro.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/acv.jpg http://duuro.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nazi_hunter_by_jordangrimmer-d62rvdx.jpg

luckyto
02-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Oh god no. I hope not.

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Oh god no. I hope not.

seriously.. this would be the worst AC ever... We already have Saboteur

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Also this, but there are a few problems with this.. Otherwise, it is well done.. but its deff a fake
http://i57.tinypic.com/30cufqw.jpg

Dome500
03-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Also this, but there are a few problems with this.. Otherwise, it is well done.. but its deff a fake
http://i57.tinypic.com/30cufqw.jpg

How could it NOT be a fake? Japan has been confirmed to be definitely not the setting by Jade Raymond.

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 12:31 AM
How could it NOT be a fake? Japan has been confirmed to be definitely not the setting by Jade Raymond.

I was talking about the box itself, it couldn't pass for being legit

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Confirming aside, I hope I'm not the only one peaved at the fact that the guy used Chinese artwork for the Japanese one.

GunnerGalactico
03-01-2014, 07:50 AM

For something that is fake, it still looks good. Gotta hand it to some people, they take an awful lot attention to detail to make the artwork look legit.

Consus_E
03-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Confirming aside, I hope I'm not the only one peaved at the fact that the guy used Chinese artwork for the Japanese one.

Me too! I really hate how everyone lumps China and Japan together, it's really aggravating!

Dome500
03-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Sure it could. Except of the Chinese elements they used ;) and the "Assassins Creed" in one of the picture at the backside.

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Sure it could. Except of the Chinese elements they used ;) and the "Assassins Creed" in one of the picture at the backside.

They would have a name after the V. like "Samurai Blood" or some crap lol, then its missing the NTSC logo on back and side, the box number, the copyright and a few more small details.. but well done. I would want to see an Egypt box, maybe itll be the real thing :cool:

pacmanate
07-14-2014, 07:52 PM
AC Chile is saying this is new leaked concept art.... Not sure how legit but fits with this "Desert Son" thing so thought I might as well

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10478690_690966000958716_7400049092074377569_n.png

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 07:54 PM
No no no Egypt is too good of a setting!! Save it for next-gen!!

pacmanate
07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
No no no Egypt is too good of a setting!! Save it for next-gen!!

I agree, I really hope its not egypt. I want sandstorms and stuff on next gen

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 07:59 PM
actually I can't really think of much that they would be able to do far better with next-gen hardware in terms of Egypt

The buildings would all be fairly small so not much verticality, they don't necessarily have to have huge crowds either...

Egypt is one of those setting that could easily be done on PS360.

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 08:01 PM
This is terrible news.

Egypt is next gen! not last gen!

Hnghh

I-Like-Pie45
07-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Me too! I really hate how everyone lumps China and Japan together, it's really aggravating!

well they look and sound exactly the same so how can you blame people

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 08:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VgXCk.gif

Even though it's not Shay's location, I would have preferred even Ancient Rome for Comet to Egypt. Egypt getting the last gen treatment is just.....

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Well do any of you remember the screenshot leak years ago?
http://images.hngn.com/data/images/full/19123/hp5tg-jpg.jpg?w=600

Then on AC 4 database thing, the same assassin shows up

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/write.ign.com/141181/2013/12/AC5.jpg

Could be Egypt although I would think they would want Comet to focus on the built up naval mechanics seeing as they wont be in Unity.

pacmanate
07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Well that was from a cancelled game called OSIRIS. The AC4 thing to me seemed like an Easter Egg for people that knew what OSIRIS was.

However, they could just merge it with the AC franchise, maybe thats why OSIRIS was cancelled, cause it was too much like PoP and AC.

Looking at the building structure in that screenshot it looks more made for the old parkour system with everything to grab on in a grid

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Could be they picked Egypt just so they could up those resources they never used from OSIRIS....

still sad to see it be last gen tho...

I know im harping on it but... hgnhh

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Its sad because Egypt is a better location and setting than the French Revolution. If it is Comet, I will just wait for it to be transported to next-gen systems in super HD or something.

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Don't worry guys. Its been confirmed as fake. https://twitter.com/As_Creed_ru/status/488767487543377920

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
OH THANK GOD

*happy tears*

Jackburns14
07-14-2014, 10:56 PM
I really don't get while a lot of people instantly think Pyramids, when there were wonderful big cities such as Alexandria.

Assuming that the setting of this game is ancient Egypt (Old Kingdom - New Kingdom), Alexandria wouldn't make any sense because of one major issue, it wasn't built yet. Alexander the Great built Alexandria and named it after himself. So if "Desert Son" is real, which I doubt, and it's setting is ancient Egypt, Alexandria is impossible. For this reason I think that setting it in Egypt after Alexander's death or during The Roman Conquest of Egypt would fit and would be great.

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Imo, Egypt, Rome, and Greece should be saved for an Assassin in the time of Alexander the Great. I also think it should have some form of naval because mediterranean sea

m4r-k7
07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Imo, Egypt, Rome, and Greece should be saved for an Assassin in the time of Alexander the Great. I also think it should have some form of naval because mediterranean sea

That would be one massive and epic AC game. I am totally on board with that.

ze_topazio
07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Something about Barbary pirates and visiting several Mediterranean cities would be nice.

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Alexandria, Rome, and Athens would be the main three cities, there would be a naval open world but it wouldn't contain as much content as Black Flag's naval open world, and there would also be some form of a "frontier" map, preferably in Egypt for the Pyramids.

prince162010
07-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Thank god it's not going to be in Egypt ^^ actually i think Comet will take place in Germany :D something tells me that .

swoop12345
07-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Thank god it's not going to be in Egypt ^^ actually i think Comet will take place in Germany :D something tells me that .

Comet will take place around 1758 in New York and the east coast of the United States.
The main character will be Shay, a Templar sailor (possibly pirate?) who overthrew his captain (possibly Adewale?).

I personally hope Shay will be a real Templar, not someone just in for the money like Edward, and I hope he won't ever turn to the Assassins. I want a full game on the Templar side. Why?
Because.
I'm.
On.
The.
Templar's.
Side.

THE ORDER SHALL RISE

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 12:44 AM
That's just a rumor, and not confirmed.

Xstantin
07-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Nothing is confirmed, everything is a rumor

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 01:36 AM
KEVT stahp.

Ur sig is giving me too much excitement.

And that face keeps reminding me of Dishonored.

Xstantin
07-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah when I saw that puppeteer I got hyped

steveeire
07-16-2014, 09:14 AM
I want Assassins Creed desert son where assassins use the templers love of cheese cake against them.

Mr.GoodKall
07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
why are you guys bringing up old stuff again... all these are old news, and most are confirmed fakes..