PDA

View Full Version : AC5... Please without Englishmen/England ...

del170928075253
02-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Hi,

First, i'm not racist but we (you and me) are not certainly all English gamers. I'm French, you can be Spanish, German, Italian etc...
We had Englishmen as Soldiers in AC1, we had Englishman as Soldiers/Civilians in AC3 AND AC4 ... Since AC2, we have Shaun Hasting who is English ...

England is not the only nation on Earth !!!
German, Italian, Spanish, Indians, Others, fight with me and show them what it means to cross the Earth's people !!!!

guardian_titan
02-27-2014, 07:32 PM
That's a bit selective and makes you look like you're wearing blinkers. You're only seeing the English in the games when there's plenty of other cultures. We had Arabs in AC1, Italians in AC2, more Italians in ACB, and Turks in ACR. No English in either of those outside of Shaun from the modern day. And Rodrigo Borzia was Spanish or of Spanish descent if I recall. I was sick of Italians and Italy by the time I was halfway through Brotherhood and I never want to see Rome again. There were 3 Frenchmen in AC3 (Stephane, Norris, and Lafayette) as well as the Mohawk. And AC4 had Spanish and French (featured more in Freedom Cry). Woodes was the only real prominent Englishman outside of the pirates. The main Templar (Torres) was Spanish. Du Casse was French. The Abstergo staff were Canadian French. Liberation also had Spanish and French (French and Cajuns).

There's plenty of variety. Look at the whole picture and not just a tiny part of it. England has had their nose all over the place over the years. The 100 Years War (a popular request by fans due to Joan of Arc) was between France and England. England later went to war with Napoleon. England was in India and China and even Japan. They were in Africa, too. And then there's Australia and New Zealand besides the Americas. Rather hard to pick an era that doesn't have some English roaming about. The English today are like the Romans in times past. If we don't have the English butting their noses into everything, then it's just someone else.

Sdwakias
02-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi,

First, i'm not racist but we (you and me) are not certainly all English gamers. I'm French, you can be Spanish, German, Italian etc...
We had Englishmen as Soldiers in AC1, we had Englishman as Soldiers/Civilians in AC3 AND AC4 ... Since AC2, we have Shaun Hasting who is English ...

German, Italian, Spanish, Indians, Others, fight with me and show them what it means to cross the Earth's people !!!!

I am not sure why you say we had Englishmen in AC1... Are you talking about the accents of them? Well, AC1 was an exeption since it was the "pilot" title of the series, so it had a more western feel. AC2 and Brotherhood had Italians, and very few Englishmen, and it would pretty much be logical for that... As for Revelations, it not only had Turks, but Greeks and others. Constantinople was, is, and will probably always be, a town with many different kinds of people, even if now most of them are Turks. AC3 and AC4 are logically to have Englishmen... AC4 has Spanish people too.

Farlander1991
02-27-2014, 09:50 PM
It's worthy of note that AC1 had very little Englishmen (the only English character is actually King Richard, as IIRC William was not an Englishman, he was Italian or Burgundian or smb like that), and only 1/3 of Acre has English guards (the district where William assassination occurs). Because Crusaders were a mix of Englishmen, French, and Germans.

Really, English weren't that prevalent in AC games until AC3, and in AC4 they're not the sole focus already. And in the world in AC4 the Spanish are more dominant, due to the game taking place mostly around Cuba.

ACLexter
02-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I don't get it,
I'm pretty sure this is a multicultural game

Mr_Shade
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I would suggest that anything you guys read about future titles [which are not official announcements] be treated with a pinch of salt..

In other words, Do not believe every rumour you see ;)

strigoi1958
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
(down with us english ;)) I think generally as the AC series started with it's enemy as Templars it seems logical to assume a similarity to the knights templars which was an english organisation (Full of French noblemen). I don't think it is important what nationality the good guys/ bad guys are... I'm just as happy to kill english as I am any other nationality :D