PDA

View Full Version : An idea on Dissappearing AI...

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I used to love how the AI would hang around after they landed back at base, but on the other hand, I hated it when they hung around after I shot them down...so, it kinda just flip flopped the like/dislike. What if it was possible to have any plane that lands back at a friendly base, no matter the damage done to the plane, will stay there...and if it lands anywhere else besides the base, then it is considered a crash landing, and the plane dissappears. That would be great. I am not sure how possible this is to implement, but it seems like it would be the perfect solution.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I used to love how the AI would hang around after they landed back at base, but on the other hand, I hated it when they hung around after I shot them down...so, it kinda just flip flopped the like/dislike. What if it was possible to have any plane that lands back at a friendly base, no matter the damage done to the plane, will stay there...and if it lands anywhere else besides the base, then it is considered a crash landing, and the plane dissappears. That would be great. I am not sure how possible this is to implement, but it seems like it would be the perfect solution.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 09:12 AM
No?

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:55 AM
it's not a bad idea... anyway, much better and acceptable then what we have now /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Sturmvogel66 wrote:
- I used to love how the AI would hang around after
- they landed back at base, but on the other hand, I
- hated it when they hung around after I shot them
- down

I dunno...I used to like the fact that I could check out all the crashed aircraft....and get to see the remainder of my team that RTB'd. Sure...no kill for an aircraft that did'nt get destroyed, but hey, in real life many aircraft were recovered from the field and returned to an airworthy state or stripped for parts!Might be nice to see a damaged/destroyed/shared kill option introduced!

I'm not so keen on the smoking heaps left around the battlefield though...nice FX but...can look a bit strange and tends to slow my lower end 'puter?

I'd like to see the "additional features" as a toggle-able selection in the configuration, like the gore features etc.

All given though...still love the game and any additional in eye-candy is a plus for me, even if it brings my system to it's knees!!

Cheers, Esq.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Whether a plane lands on it's runway or elsewhere should NOT result in dissapearance of the plane.

I like to strafe crash-landed aircraft with my guns until they burn & explode and cannot be recovered...I also like to strafe and destroy aircraft landed aircraft on their bases...

Why is there a need to make 'em dissapeear ?

If I have 20-30 aircraft in the air at the beginning of a mission with good framerates, then why should they dissapear when landed / crashlanded to improve framerates ??? ( after most of the fighting is done ? )

I really don't get it. It would be nice to hear / read an official statement about this solution.

Regards, Sven

Message Edited on 09/12/0309:00AM by Sauhatz

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Sauhatz wrote:
- Whether a plane lands on it's runway or elsewhere
- should NOT result in dissapearance of the plane.
-
- I like to strafe crash-landed aircraft with my guns
- until they burn & explode and cannot be
- recovered...I also like to strafe and destroy
- aircraft landed aircraft on their bases...
-
- Why is there a need to make 'em dissapeear ?
-
- If I have 20-30 aircraft in the air at the beginning
- of a mission with good framerates, then why should
- they dissapear when landed / crashlanded to improve
- framerates ??? ( after most of the fighting is done
- ? )
-
- I really don't get it. It would be nice to hear /
- read an official statement about this solution.
-
- Regards, Sven
-
I totally agree with you.
-
- Message Edited on 09/12/03 09:00AM by Sauhatz

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Yeah, some feedback on weather they are thinking of fixing this back would be highly appreciated http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 01:40 PM
I love the toggle idea that can't be too hard to do can it?
Immersion really takes a hit for me when my wingmen disappear. But if it can personalized that truly would be perfect