PDA

View Full Version : Blending ! Future AC titles

MasterAssasin84
02-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Ok so now we are officially in the new generation of game consoles with what some would describe as immense power for future Assassins Creed games the blending system needs to be total rebuilt and radicalised ! Black Flag really annoyed me with all the ugly Textures and annoying sounds ! .

Does anyone agree with this ? we need a complete new blending system implemented ! AC1 got it near perfect AC3 was a vast improvement from Ezio's trilogy and Black Flag went backwards .

Dome500
02-27-2014, 12:37 AM
New Blending/Social Stealth System
New Combat System
Immensely Improved LoS Stealth System (hiding out of sight/in bushes, etc.)
Improved A.I.
New (additional) Stealth Tools

That's my opinion.

ze_topazio
02-27-2014, 12:40 AM
A more realistic blending, a blending system in which the guards can spot the guy they were just following with a white hood and lots of weapons, a blending system in which the citizens would be like "Who the hell are you and why are you getting in the middle of us like we know each other since high school? get the hell out of here!"

MasterAssasin84
02-27-2014, 12:41 AM
If you ask me improved AI would be top of the wish list but i tend to refrain from asking this because it should not be debatable ! its should be an automatic thing from the developers point of view .

AC3 IMO was one of the best AC games in the franchise but let itself down with the mediocre AI and i often ask myself was AC3 way ahead of its time on old Generation consoles ? Graphically it was amazing and really introduced some cool features but on topic the blending system was very basic but it worked for the concept of the game .

MasterAssasin84
02-27-2014, 12:47 AM
A more realistic blending, a blending system in which the guards can spot the guy they were just following with a white hood and lots of weapons, a blending system in which the citizens would be like "Who the hell are you and why are you getting in the middle of us like we know each other since high school? get the hell out of here!"

Things like this watch the two guards after the first Kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vja3Pin4WAo

Sometimes i have noticed the guards on the roof tops walk straight past even though you are clear as crystal .

RagingDragon14
02-27-2014, 01:26 AM
Since rumors point towards ACV being built upon a revamped Anvil engine,I'd like to see the devs try to incorporate weather/nature into blending and stealth.

For example, if the game is set in Victorian London, you could have smog/fog that travels around the map, and this would obscure the vision of guards and targets.

If the game is set in Egypt, you could have sandstorms bring the same effect. For this, what really comes to mind are the sandstorm levels in Uncharted 3.

And if the game is set in Russia, you could have blizzards that obscure the guards/targets' vision.

Of course this wouldn't replace blending with crowds and bushes/trees. But it would be an added stealth mechanism that could perhaps at least add a greater level of immersion to some of the missions. To this day, one of my favorite Assassins' Creed missions is the Brotherhood Romulus Lair with the rainstorm. And I can't wait to see what Ubi can do with dynamic weather on next gen.

Dome500
02-27-2014, 01:28 AM
And if the game is set in Russia

Very unlikely. An AC developer gave an interview not too long ago talking about Russia being interesting but since it is already featured in an AC novel they will not bring it back in a game so soon.

Weather effects are cool, no matter in which function.

LOVED the rain in AC3/4, it creates such an amazing atmosphere :D