PDA

View Full Version : will the next assassin be another ancestor of Desmond

Radman500
02-26-2014, 10:37 PM
i find it funny that every ancestor of Desmond is always like the best assassin of the era, most important

Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward were all the best of the best in that era, as fighters, assassins etc....

DumbGamerTag94
02-26-2014, 10:45 PM
i find it funny that every ancestor of Desmond is always like the best assassin of the era, most important

Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward were all the best of the best in that era, as fighters, assassins etc....

They were the best in their respective regions. I don't think(and nobody else can prove(100%) either) that they necessarily were THE greatest, there may have been other assassins in other parts of the world who may be equal like possibly Shao Jun and Ezio for example lived at the same time or Avaline and Connor.

To answer your question though I do think it will be another of Desmond's ancestors because they collected his DNA and are using it for continued research as we saw in AC4, so we probably are not quite done with him yet. Eventually I think they will probably move on to someone else's bloodline though.

Hans684
02-26-2014, 10:47 PM
I hope not, I uderstand he "special" and all that but I want to play the ancestors of some else that are just as "special" as Desmond, just as important. New linage, new ancestors and new story.

DumbGamerTag94
02-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Personally I no longer give a **** who's ancestor it is. I've reached the point where I no longer care at all about the modern day story because its become so disjointed, convoluted, and scattered across gods green earth in every form of media imaginable, even fairly unpopular dead media like comic books. They might as well put it in newspaper comic strips too or maybe a radio program with decoder rings "drink more Ovaltine"(Christmas Story reference). I just feel that aspect of the game really doesn't matter anymore because the story has become impossible to follow without dedicating a huge chunk of your life to find, read, watch or whatever the hell else you have to do to get the full story. So everyone that focuses on the games(which the series is all about anyway) is confused anyway, so truthfully they could just relegate the modern story to all the other useless crappy media they like and only do Ancestor stories in the games and I would be fine with that because I feel its becoming unnecessary to include the modern stuff because average people have no idea what's going on there anyway.

So lets just get some good historical plots and forget about Desmond or anyone else for that matter.

Radman500
02-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Personally I no longer give a **** who's ancestor it is. I've reached the point where I no longer care at all about the modern day story because its become so disjointed, convoluted, and scattered across gods green earth in every form of media imaginable, even fairly unpopular dead media like comic books. They might as well put it in newspaper comic strips too or maybe a radio program with decoder rings "drink more Ovaltine"(Christmas Story reference). I just feel that aspect of the game really doesn't matter anymore because the story has become impossible to follow without dedicating a huge chunk of your life to find, read, watch or whatever the hell else you have to do to get the full story. So everyone that focuses on the games(which the series is all about anyway) is confused anyway, so truthfully they could just relegate the modern story to all the other useless crappy media they like and only do Ancestor stories in the games and I would be fine with that because I feel its becoming unnecessary to include the modern stuff because average people have no idea what's going on there anyway.

So lets just get some good historical plots and forget about Desmond or anyone else for that matter.

Ubisoft isn't just going to drop the modern day stuff you do know that

DumbGamerTag94
02-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Ubisoft isn't just going to drop the modern day stuff you do know that

Yes I know......unfortunately :( They just need to either compartmentalize it with different story lines for each media, or just stick to the games.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2014, 12:19 AM
I hope not, I uderstand he "special" and all that but I want to play the ancestors of some else that are just as "special" as Desmond, just as important. New linage, new ancestors and new story.

for this to happen they will need to give more attention to the modern days to explain why this new protagonist is as important as Desmond was, and the current direction they took with (the modern days sequences in) AC4 (IMO) goes directly against that....