PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article

Dome500
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Thought I'd share that one with you: http://gamerentusiast.com/news/ubisoft-assassin-s-creed-5-will-feel-more-next-gen/

Don't know if anyone has posted this. And it's not related to the setting. But I found it interesting to read that:

"The Lead Game Designer – Jean Sebastien Decant reveals increased visualization of the reasons why Black Flag to the next-gen platform is not too significant. He claimed that Ubisoft never know what kind of power that will be offered bynext-gen console when Black Flag began the process of development. Therefore, Ubisoft chose not to “think” this platform at all. To meet the needs of next-gen release, they would prefer to use a high-end PC as a reference and build a variety of effects that exist on there. With the knowledge that is now beginning to open up about these new platforms, Ubisoft assured that they will offer a next-gen taste which is more pronounced in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed V game."

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Ac5's development didn't started al that much later then ac4's, so i guess it will be cross-gen too. Or there will be 2 ac games.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Ac5's development didn't started al that much later then ac4's, so i guess it will be cross-gen too. Or there will be 2 ac games.

Yes, but since they know have a very good picture of what next-gen is capable of they can build the game more towards next gen.
In the article he says they have not even PLANNED anything next-gen for AC4 because they did not in the least know how far they could go.
SO if AC5 goes at the borderline of current gen while developing with next-gen in mind then I am interested to see what will happen with AC5.

MasterAssasin84
02-26-2014, 11:25 PM
This article does actually make sense, i mean i played Black Flag on the X360 and the XONE and to be completely honest i expected better with the XONE .

And considering the time frame for the development of Black from start to finish both console manufactures was being very hazy with the power and spec of the next generation offerings, it was only right up until before the reveals that the spec sheets was being published and Black Flag was pretty much at the end of the development stages so i can an understand that the AC team was working in the Fog on this one.

The whole transition from current Gen to new, so i am expecting AC5 to totally blow me away.