PDA

View Full Version : when do you expect the first legit leak

Radman500
02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
of Assassins 5..... tonight, tomorrow this weekend monday etc.?

adventurewomen
02-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Only time will tell, good to be patient. :)

Dome500
02-26-2014, 06:30 PM
We have no idea.

That's the problem with leaks. They are unreliable and often too later or earlier than expected....

Which makes this whole waiting a torture...

VoXngola
02-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Is it just me, or does it take longer than previous years?

Sushiglutton
02-26-2014, 06:38 PM
AC4:BF poster leaked exactly one year ago (aka that's when the media picked it up anyway): http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster

So it will likely happen soon :)!

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Is it just me, or does it take longer than previous years?
it takes longer.
Maybe the Samuel Feng leal is real, but we just don't know it yet. The black flag leaks started begin february, but we only knew it was real at the end of february.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Which makes this whole waiting a torture...

I'm easy - I just imagine the 'leaks' we have had - didn't happen, since nothing is official - its all rumours.. so anyone can make that stuff up… ;)

That way - if - there is anything new, it's a surprise..

pirate1802
02-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Exactly 3 days 12 hours and 26 minutes from now. Mark my words.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 06:41 PM
AC4:BF poster leaked exactly one year ago (aka that's when the media picked it up anyway): http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster

So it will likely happen soon :)!
It looked so stereotipical, I am glad it didn't turned out like that.

Sushiglutton
02-26-2014, 06:43 PM
It looked so stereotipical, I am glad it didn't turned out like that.

I remember saying that I thought it was fake because the poster looked so amateurish. Apparently the guy who made it is kind of famous :D!

If you know something spit it out pirate, or prepare to have a meeting with the rotten swordfish!

Wolfmeister1010
02-26-2014, 06:44 PM
I remember this, the first leaked screenshot, leaked exactly a year ago. I thought it was Haytham at first!

Good times.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Gets-Leaked-Screenshot-Poster-2.jpg

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:45 PM
I remember saying that I thought it was fake because the poster looked so amateurish. Apparently the guy who made it is kind of famous :D!

[slap]

It's Todd McFarlane…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs3j-C4KiE

sigh.. shame on you both.. lol

Does go to show - a lot of people don't know fake leaks from real ones.. and there are plenty of fakes.. lol

Sushiglutton
02-26-2014, 06:46 PM
[slap]

It's Todd Macfarlane…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs3j-C4KiE

sigh.. shame on you both.. lol

Lol I deserve to be slapped. Art isn't really my forte ;)

Aphex_Tim
02-26-2014, 06:47 PM
I remember this, the first leaked screenshot, leaked exactly a year ago. I thought it was Haytham at first!

Good times.

And then this pretty much confirmed it. Good times indeed! ^_^

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/859541_551438334889101_1916662917_o.jpg

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Lol I deserve to be slapped. Art isn't really my forte ;)

He's a Comic book artist and figure designer.. would have thought you came across his work somewhere :)

GunnerGalactico
02-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Guess we'll just have to wait until Ubi themselves leak anything and confirm.. nothing is more painful than waiting.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:52 PM

rolls eyes..

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Wanna talk about good times? THIS where good times ( especialy the last one)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCICkBKRMF1Kq9gwWjxhovlKMhnfP8I GRksdpvaIiGmGooIROp
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqQ033Gtjx-iXVcyzgx9RHYv687hqId5gAK2SU3TQ2ZkN8WmdbDQ

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
*cough* *cough* sort your posting out :P

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Stupid copy paste not working...
The last one was that countdown pic, you probably know what i mean.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 07:13 PM
You can't post an active image as a 'picture' - edit the post and remove the code please - since it's an eye sore..

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
You can't post an active image as a 'picture' - edit the post and remove the code please - since it's an eye sore..
okay.

Mr.GoodKall
02-26-2014, 07:40 PM
ITS EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, just wishful thinking. But within the next 5 days, there will def be some kind of a announcement or legit leak. Ubisoft knows its time. AC5 Posters just arrived at BestBuy so its only a matter of time until someone opens then and takes a pic.

PS; I don't think that its Samuel Fey since that "leak press" was also proven fake.

We know for a fact now that its not the Great Fall, or Japan.

So only other options are EGYPT!!!! I doubt it.
Chile? Nope, that's also fake
China? nope
Russia? Likely
Industrial Rev?? very likely...

everything is just speculation until you hear something from Ubisoft...... which will be soon.....very soon

VoXngola
02-26-2014, 07:55 PM
PS; I don't think that its Samuel Fey since that "leak press" was also proven fake.

wait a second
when was the press release proven to be fake? as much as I know, it could still be true.

adventurewomen
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCICkBKRMF1Kq9gwWjxhovlKMhnfP8I GRksdpvaIiGmGooIROp
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqQ033Gtjx-iXVcyzgx9RHYv687hqId5gAK2SU3TQ2ZkN8WmdbDQ
Indeed! Memories!

Seeing Connor the first time in those pics was amazing! Good times! :D

Mr.GoodKall
02-26-2014, 08:11 PM
wait a second
when was the press release proven to be fake? as much as I know, it could still be true.

IGN wrote an article about it, with a few examples of why Ubisoft would never write an article that way and a few things that are wrong on it.

jayjay275
02-26-2014, 08:18 PM
I expect the first legit leak when I see a good title, not cliche titles.

pirate1802
02-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I expect the first legit leak when I see a good title, not cliche titles.

I dunno.. Black Flag looked pretty cliched back then. I even remember a few of us saying they'd never go for such a cliched name when we first saw the leaked poster.

jayjay275
02-26-2014, 08:37 PM
I dunno.. Black Flag looked pretty cliched back then. I even remember a few of us saying they'd never go for such a cliched name when we first saw the leaked poster.

True, though "Black Flag" was actually mentioned in the game by Blackbeard, but yes it was cliche. The rumour for Assassin's Creed V: Desert Son seems too bad to be true, JUST because of that title.

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-26-2014, 08:57 PM

Ah yes
*swoons*

Iceternal6
02-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Ah yes
*swoons*

Too bad the game didn't come close to that.

Will_Lucky
02-26-2014, 09:18 PM
IGN wrote an article about it, with a few examples of why Ubisoft would never write an article that way and a few things that are wrong on it.

IGN? Yeah that aint proof :p. Unless Ubi come out and say definitely not us then it isn't proven fake.

We will see what happens, for all we know it has been leaked already and we don't know it.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm easy - I just imagine the 'leaks' we have had - didn't happen, since nothing is official - its all rumours.. so anyone can make that stuff up… ;)

That way - if - there is anything new, it's a surprise..

That's a top way of seeing it mate ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Too bad the game didn't come close to that.

Sadly true… they better not do that again >_>...

ACfan443
02-26-2014, 10:34 PM
At any point in the next 7 days is my guess.

Anyway, I don't get why people are becoming so impatient and losing sleep over the lack of any concrete details. It's not like we have 3-5 year excruciating wait plagued with misinformation and rumours before the successive instalment is announced, AC4 was released only 3 months ago. Go outside, play some video games, do whatever to keep your mind occupied until something new surfaces.

Mr.GoodKall
02-26-2014, 11:34 PM
IGN? Yeah that aint proof :p. Unless Ubi come out and say definitely not us then it isn't proven fake.

We will see what happens, for all we know it has been leaked already and we don't know it.

Ubi wont say anything like that. They would have to make statements for every little fake leak that's out there. They cant say something about one leak and not the other. But I don't believe anything anymore. I heard of 100 different leaks within the last month. So until I see a actual Ubi announcement, I will just keep hoping its Egypt :cool: which im 85 percent sure its not

luckyto
02-27-2014, 12:11 AM
Ubi wont say anything like that. They would have to make statements for every little fake leak that's out there. They cant say something about one leak and not the other. But I don't believe anything anymore. I heard of 100 different leaks within the last month. So until I see a actual Ubi announcement, I will just keep hoping its Egypt :cool: which im 85 percent sure its not

Egypt... there's a twitter image floating about...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhbuP54CYAA05pP.jpg:large

Mr.GoodKall
02-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Egypt... there's a twitter image floating about...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhbuP54CYAA05pP.jpg:large

WHAT???? don't play with me man, don't play with me lol

even if its fake, this made my day

luckyto
02-27-2014, 12:19 AM
I have no idea if it's legit. A friend just sent it to me, she got it off Twitter. I came here to see if you guys knew anything.

Dome500
02-27-2014, 12:23 AM
I have no idea if it's legit. A friend just sent it to me, she got it off Twitter. I came here to see if you guys knew anything.

Has not been PROVEN wrong yet but most people here think it's a fake.

Mainly because there is no "V" (5) in the title and the "Animus Background" does not look like you could really "walk in it" like it was with the other games and several other reasons.
It doesn't look that authentic, but then again, we can't rule it out completely.

But it's most likely a fake.

luckyto
02-27-2014, 12:26 AM
That's disappointing. I would love Ancient Egypt. And Ancient Greece. All that and MOAR.

Mr.GoodKall
02-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Has not been PROVEN wrong yet but most people here think it's a fake.

Mainly because there is no "V" (5) in the title and the "Animus Background" does not look like you could really "walk in it" like it was with the other games and several other reasons.
It doesn't look that authentic, but then again, we can't rule it out completely.

But it's most likely a fake.

There is a "V", right after the word CREED. its says 5

Dome500
02-27-2014, 12:55 AM
There is a "V", right after the word CREED. its says 5

Oh sorry, you are right.

Confused it with the argument against "Great Fall".

But the rest is true.

Mr.GoodKall
02-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Oh sorry, you are right.

Confused it with the argument against "Great Fall".

But the rest is true.

I know what you mean. People just want to know the truth already. Everyone knows its coming any day now, so when ever someone finds anything new online, they assume its "THE LEAK"

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 07:24 AM
I know what you mean. People just want to know the truth already. Everyone knows its coming any day now, so when ever someone finds anything new online, they assume its "THE LEAK"

Yeah, it's embarrassing to admit this, but I've actually had some difficulty focusing at work and school these past couple of days because I've been checking the forums every couple hours and daydreaming about AC5.

Perhaps I need to cool it a bit...

Moultonborough
02-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah, it's embarrassing to admit this, but I've actually had some difficulty focusing at work and school these past couple of days because I've been checking the forums every couple hours and daydreaming about AC5.

Nah.... where's the fun in that?:p

We can relax after we get our yearly leak fix. lol

pacmanate
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Who cares? Like honestly. We will find out sometime in March most likely, and even so, we won't get the game until October/November.

Mr.GoodKall
02-27-2014, 07:18 PM

Ha, im the same way. I just want a little taste that's all

Iceternal6
02-27-2014, 07:49 PM

Lol that's extreme.

But I expect to be disappointed so I'm not too excited.

VoXngola
02-27-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm slowly but surely losing hype.

Which is good actually now that I think about it..

Sushiglutton
02-27-2014, 07:53 PM
I miss the leakers from back in the day. You know like back in 2013. They had managed to leak an entire poster by now. This new breed of leakers is weak sauce. I'm disapointed!

VoXngola
02-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I miss the leakers from back in the day. You know like back in 2013. They had managed to leak an entire poster by now. This new breed of leakers is weak sauce. I'm disapointed!

This isn't even about leaks anymore. It's the 9th Thursday of the year, and we still didn't get an official announcement. AC3 and AC4 were both announced at this day and if I remember right ACR too.

Something's fishy this year.

Mr.GoodKall
02-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Lol that's extreme.

But I expect to be disappointed so I'm not too excited.

yea I have a feeling I will be very disappointed this year with AC.

Goxxi
02-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I hope there will be some leaks and 1st images tomorrow or in Monday.

Sushiglutton
02-27-2014, 08:04 PM
This isn't even about leaks anymore. It's the 9th Thursday of the year, and we still didn't get an official announcement. AC3 and AC4 were both announced at this day and if I remember right ACR too.

Do you think we'll have to wait until the 6th?

VoXngola
02-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Do you think we'll have to wait until the 6th?

I personally still think it's going to be either the 3rd or 4th of march.
That's what I hope atleast.

Dome500
02-27-2014, 08:21 PM
You know what people`? This gets boring. If Ubi wants to make a big sure they rather start soon or I'm out. Once I lost interest in something it can take long for me to be interested again. Especially regarding a series which slowly dropped in my priority over the last years due to various reasons..... (no offense @ die-hard AC fans)

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Dome, I hope you're joking. There's no need to be that over-sensitive about leaks. They're just early bragging rights which results in more pointless feuds. We'll get our AC:V reveal soon. lol

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Nah, Revelations wasn't announced until April. The ninth Thursday thing was just something I noticed for AC3 and AC4, it's hardly a concrete business model. Once is nothing, twice is a coincidence, it takes three times or more to make a trend... But since 2012 was apparently the year they decided to commit fully to a yearly release cycle, I figured the pattern from 2012 would be continuing. I still think we'll know within the week though. And if that press leak was legit, the announcement will be this Tuesday.

VoXngola
02-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I guess this is completely unimportant, but the Initiates website is undergoing maintenance right now.
Maybe...we...

alekiratu
02-27-2014, 09:17 PM
I would have thought that controlled leaks would give them some more publicity. You know, some vague shots of the protagonist and some weapons. Sites like Kotaku will write articles and the whole internet will go crazy analyzing that. When they actually announce it there will be more articles written and more publicity.

Hans684
02-27-2014, 09:29 PM
It could be here right now and we might not even know.

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Lol yeah. I'm betting my money on the Samuel Fey leak. I'll be surprise if it weren't in London, TBH.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
I would have thought that controlled leaks would give them some more publicity. You know, some vague shots of the protagonist and some weapons. Sites like Kotaku will write articles and the whole internet will go crazy analyzing that. When they actually announce it there will be more articles written and more publicity.

This. The AC3 and 4 leaks were obviously deliberate and controlled (I mean come on, it was a perfect render of the concept art, not some dude who snapped a cell phone pic of it at Best Buy). Surprised they haven't let anything slip yet.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Im surprised none yet....AC should be announced on monday...

Iceternal6
02-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Is UBI stupid ?

EVERYONE is talking about AC and the leaks. Now would be the perfect time to finally announce or let a leak happen ...

By the way, where's Watch Dogs ?

GunnarGunderson
02-27-2014, 10:26 PM

It's been hiding in plain sight this whole time

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/1197/11970954/2309326-watchdogs.jpg

Dome500
02-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Dome, I hope you're joking. There's no need to be that over-sensitive about leaks. They're just early bragging rights which results in more pointless feuds. We'll get our AC:V reveal soon. lol

I don't loose interest because of those leaks. All I'm saying is interest has been steadily decreasing since I got AC3 for me. Now, I was a little hyped again, but it is hard to keep being interested for me since my interest got less in the last years and the next game will probably decide if I will keep playing AC games or not.

Like I said, no offense. It's just how I feel.

PS: @BradKinn => Nice signature dude. Next AC should definitely have those options ;)

overdidd
02-27-2014, 11:54 PM
We shall know more about acv by Monday. I'm sure.

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 01:04 AM

Ha I totally agree. Ubi might just be sitting there, thinking like COME ON GUYS ITS RIGHT THERE!!!! just find it already jesus.. what im thinking is that ubi has to release something in the next 5 days if they didn't yet, but if they did, its prob one of the leaks ppl laughed at. Just like black flag.

Praying for Egypt!!

Megas_Doux
02-28-2014, 01:16 AM
AC III and AC IV had at this time of the year much more "solid" leaks. We might be VERY close......

In terms of what, a blurry image of the historic protagonist.

Fatal-Feit
02-28-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't loose interest because of those leaks. All I'm saying is interest has been steadily decreasing since I got AC3 for me. Now, I was a little hyped again, but it is hard to keep being interested for me since my interest got less in the last years and the next game will probably decide if I will keep playing AC games or not.

Like I said, no offense. It's just how I feel.

Offence non taken.

I'm just saying, if you're at the point of leaving due to a lack of leaks when it's not even March yet, then by all means, I implore you to take a short break at least. It's a clear sign of major series fatigue. You'll only do yourself more harm with the current mentality.

Hans684
02-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Ha I totally agree. Ubi might just be sitting there, thinking like COME ON GUYS ITS RIGHT THERE!!!! just find it already jesus.. what im thinking is that ubi has to release something in the next 5 days if they didn't yet, but if they did, its prob one of the leaks ppl laughed at. Just like black flag.

They do read the forums. Some of the current leaks must have come from somewhere to be true, so just like Black Flag. The true leak might be right in front of us while we laugh of it. AC: Great Fall, proven fake. ACV: Desert Son, most likely fake. The ACV logo from AC Chile(fan page), possible fake. The early ACV press release, might be true. Especially since Black Flag had a press release leak to. All we need is a another leak to confirm what's fake of not.

Praying for Egypt!!

If you think the Lord has any interest in our affairs, you've another thing coming. But please, by all means, continue to delude yourself if it helps to pass the time.

Mr_Shade
02-28-2014, 12:43 PM
I don't loose interest because of those leaks.

Do what I do - I ignore them, since 99.9% of them are fake - and just cause arguments ;)

Dome500
02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Offence non taken.

I'm just saying, if you're at the point of leaving due to a lack of leaks when it's not even March yet, then by all means, I implore you to take a short break at least. It's a clear sign of major series fatigue. You'll only do yourself more harm with the current mentality.

Yeah, you are probably right. But it's like a bad habit, you can't get rid of it instantly.... :)

And like I said, it's less the lack of leaks but more the personal fatigue with the series. If it's something fresh an new I might be all like "YEAH" but if it's something rather boring or disappointing I will probably loose interest altogether.

I have very mixed feelings regarding AC, since it was one of my first gaming series I ever played regularly and was a fan off since the first game....

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 05:40 PM
They do read the forums. Some of the current leaks must have come from somewhere to be true, so just like Black Flag. The true leak might be right in front of us while we laugh of it. AC: Great Fall, proven fake. ACV: Desert Son, most likely fake. The ACV logo from AC Chile(fan page), possible fake. The early ACV press release, might be true. Especially since Black Flag had a press release leak to. All we need is a another leak to confirm what's fake of not.

If you think the Lord has any interest in our affairs, you've another thing coming. But please, by all means, continue to delude yourself if it helps to pass the time.

HEY, IM PRAYING FOR EGYPT BECAUSE OF Their situation there. its horrible. not for the game, you misunderstood me.............:D

Hans684
02-28-2014, 07:03 PM
HEY, IM PRAYING FOR EGYPT BECAUSE OF Their situation there. its horrible. not for the game, you misunderstood me.............:D

And you didn't get it, http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cowl_Does_Not_Make_the_Monk. That line is from a mission in AC2, Couldn't resist.

Ureh
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
of Assassins 5..... tonight, tomorrow this weekend monday etc.?

March or April? :eek::p

Mr.GoodKall
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
And you didn't get it, http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cowl_Does_Not_Make_the_Monk. That line is from a mission in AC2, Couldn't resist.

Oo haha sorry ac2 seems like a century ago

Mr.GoodKall
03-01-2014, 12:05 AM
This has a couple of problems so it fake, but well done..... http://i57.tinypic.com/30cufqw.jpg

oliacr
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
AC IV's announcement trailer was leaked on March 2, 2013 2days before the actual announcement. So I expect this this year too.

overdidd
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM
AC IV's announcement trailer was leaked on March 2, 2013 2days before the actual announcement. So I expect this this year too.

Just what I'm thinking.

VoXngola
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
I can't believe how tight-lipped Ubi has been this year regarding AC.

I hope that none of those leaks are true(great fall was already debunked and desert son looks pretty fake too so that only leaves us with victorian england) so Ubi can, for the 7th time, surprise me.

Dome500
03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I can't believe how tight-lipped Ubi has been this year regarding AC.

I hope that none of those leaks are true(great fall was already debunked and desert son looks pretty fake too so that only leaves us with victorian england) so Ubi can, for the 7th time, surprise me.

I hope it is something special since they are so tight-lipped and quiet this year....

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 04:43 PM
I hope it is something special since they are so tight-lipped and quiet this year....
Maybe there's no AC this year!
lol

Iceternal6
03-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Maybe there's no AC this year!
lol

You wish lol.

But honestly, I'm getting tired of the wait ... it's getting too long by any standard. They should've taken advantage of the momentum from the leaks and announce it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 04:53 PM

I know, right? It must be something really awesome if they haven't said/leaked anything this far! :)

SixKeys
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I know, right? It must be something really awesome if they haven't said/leaked anything this far! :)

Or their security has simply gotten better.

ACfan443
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM

The same cannot be said for the forums.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 05:29 PM

Very true… in that case, more power to them! And if it turns out to be any of my desired predictions, then I'll be even more excited!

The same cannot be said for the forums.

"The same cannot be said for…" = Lol…. I see what you did there ^_^

jayjay275
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Has anybody considered that their may not even be a leak? Maybe there will be an announcement without any leaks.

Or an even better explanation is may be there isn't even going to be an Assassins Creed this year. I hope there is though. I love leaks and announcements.

GunnerGalactico
03-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't think we might see any leaks.. whatever it is, they will keep us in the dark till the release date looms.

If they are going to reveal anything, they might announce it themselves.

AherasSTRG
03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
^^^ To the above guys ^^^

Yves Guillemot has already confirmed the annualisation of the series. He has said that there is going to be at least 1 AC game every year for some years to come.
As for the leaks, ACRev, AC3, AC4, ACL, ACLHD, ACPirates were leaked before their initial announcements. Tbh, with the thousands (literally) of people working on the developement and the promotion of these titles, the hard thing is not to find something leaked.

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 06:57 PM
^ Indeed. I think it's impossible not to have a leak. Some journalists will become aware at some point. Last year we got a non-english youtube video where they announced the game would be about pirates. I remember it because it was in my language. And I remember people didn't believe that. lol

AherasSTRG
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM
^ Indeed. I think it's impossible not to have a leak. Some journalists will become aware at some point. Last year we got a non-english youtube video where they announced the game would be about pirates. I remember it because it was in my language. And I remember people didn't believe that. lol

Έχεις το link? Do you have the link?

Radman500
03-01-2014, 07:42 PM
there are 2 reasons why i think it will be victorina london

1. the survey back in 2011 had victorian london overwhelmingly winning

2. the press release leak for it is so far the most detailed one/Smauel Fey/ reworked combat and stealth mechanics

why would someone go out of there way to make a detailed fake press release

the great fall and egypt ones are just photoshopped pictures, but the press release is the only one that has any detail

VoXngola
03-01-2014, 08:22 PM

2. the press release leak for it is so far the most detailed one/Smauel Fey/ reworked combat and stealth mechanics

the great fall and egypt ones are just photoshopped pictures, but the press release is the only one that has any detail

While I agree that it's the most believable leak we have and shouldn't leave it for being a good possibility, I think we shouldn't believe it fully yet.

Reason why is because of Freedom Cry hinting at the setting of the next game, and I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING there that could possibly hint at England, let alone Victorian London.

This year it's pretty wierd so the only one I can believe are Ubisoft themselves.

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Έχεις το link? Do you have the link?
Den to exw alla tha psaksw na to brw! :) I will try to find it if I can! It was a TV show where they were discussing new game releases. It was posted on one of the sticky threads here (it's not sticky anymore).

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
While I agree that it's the most believable leak we have and shouldn't leave it for being a good possibility, I think we shouldn't believe it fully yet.

Reason why is because of Freedom Cry hinting at the setting of the next game, and I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING there that could possibly hint at England, let alone Victorian London.

This year it's pretty wierd so the only one I can believe are Ubisoft themselves.

Maybe fireworks were a hint towards the 18th century Victorian London but people happened to misinterpret it as China.

http://www.historytoday.com/simon-werrett/power-pyrotechnics

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I found the thread where we were discussing the upcoming AC4 last year and the leak. It's so funny reading it now. lol
I was talking about the video I mentioned here (but can't find the video yet).
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/754149-Ubisoft-hosting-mysterious-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-event-next-Wednesday/page12

VoXngola
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Maybe fireworks were a hint towards the 18th century Victorian London but people happened to misinterpret it as China.

http://www.historytoday.com/simon-werrett/power-pyrotechnics

Now I don't know anything anymore, lol.

Please Ubi just announce it. :confused:

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
If it's fireworks it may not be Victorian London but another period. You may be aware of the film V for Vendetta and Guy Fawkes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

Also the AC Chile picture makes me think of the Great fire of London in 1666, not just industrial revolution... Aaaah! Can't take it anymore! lol

Great fire of London:
http://www.alisonkay.com/historicaljunky/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/51_53.jpg

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
If it's fireworks it may not be Victorian London but another period. You may be aware of the film V for Vendetta and Guy Fawkes?

Also the AC Chile picture makes me think of the Great fire of London in 1666, not just industrial revolution... Aaaah! Can't take it anymore! lol

It stretched from the 1600s to the 1800s, so... Maybe. Haha

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 08:52 PM
^ haha! Yes,we're covered by that! lol

lothario-da-be
03-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Great fire of London:
Maybe they turned they great fire of New York into this because it wasn't good enough yet :p

Hans684
03-01-2014, 09:07 PM

Great fire of London:

Didn't Patrice work at another studio(not at Ubisoft) with a Prodject called Amsterdam:1666? And than Ubisoft byed the Company he was working at then also got his project? Something like that.

http://gamerant.com/patrice-desilets-1666-new-assassins-creed/

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Anyway, do you find it worrying that there is no leak yet??

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Anyway, do you find it worrying that there is no leak yet??

I would give them until tomorrow afternoon. =P

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
I would give them until tomorrow afternoon. =P
LOL It's just so strange we have no info at all. In past years there were always a few legitimate rumors flying around.

Ok, I give them until tomorrow afternoon. :p

Dome500
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
LOL It's just so strange we have no info at all. In past years there were always a few legitimate rumors flying around.

Ok, I give them until tomorrow afternoon. :p

We have Saturday man.

I am not sure if they work (or release information) on Sunday. (although it would be clever. many people are at home on Sunday)

silvermercy
03-01-2014, 11:26 PM
We have Saturday man.

I am not sure if they work (or release information) on Sunday. (although it would be clever. many people are at home on Sunday)

I worry like that. lol Anyone remember if it was a weekend when AC4 or AC3 were announced?

(I'm female btw. ^^)

VoXngola
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the AC4:BF CGI Trailer got leaked 1 day before the official announcement. The official announcement was on monday. So we got the CGI Trailer on Sunday or even Saturday actually, can't remember if it was leaked 1 or 2 days before, but definetly a weekend.

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 11:57 PM
I worry like that. lol Anyone remember if it was a weekend when AC4 or AC3 were announced?

(I'm female btw. ^^)

Look at us. We're complaining now, but what if it turns out AC:V IS in the Industrial Revolution starring Samuel Fey. We've had our solid leak all along.

SixKeys
03-02-2014, 02:46 AM

Doubtful. Ubi is a company where most people work Monday to Friday, after all.

Dome500
03-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Doubtful. Ubi is a company where most people work Monday to Friday, after all.

Though this does of course not count for things like leaked trailers.

So if you find anything tomorrow guys be sure to post it here ;)

AlexEzio89
03-02-2014, 07:10 AM
i hope today we have 1 leak ( serios leak)

LoyalACFan
03-02-2014, 07:46 AM

(I'm female btw. ^^)

They were both on a Thursday, the ninth Thursday of the year to be precise, which has already come and gone. Which means my entry in the "predict AC5" thread has been shot all to hell.

But I've been making all kinds of bad predictions lately. I was REALLY wrong about the leaks. I thought we would have irrefutable confirmation by the end of last week. But the Victorian London "leak" listed the press release as March 4 (this Tuesday) so if Tuesday comes and goes without any further word, we'll at least have confirmation that the Sam Fey thing was bogus. Hoping it's not though, it sounds pretty cool.

alekiratu
03-02-2014, 08:58 AM
They were both on a Thursday, the ninth Thursday of the year to be precise, which has already come and gone. Which means my entry in the "predict AC5" thread has been shot all to hell.

But I've been making all kinds of bad predictions lately. I was REALLY wrong about the leaks. I thought we would have irrefutable confirmation by the end of last week. But the Victorian London "leak" listed the press release as March 4 (this Tuesday) so if Tuesday comes and goes without any further word, we'll at least have confirmation that the Sam Fey thing was bogus. Hoping it's not though, it sounds pretty cool.

If this does not convince you that Sam Fey is fake....

Why The AC5 Press Release is FAKE! (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1)

A really thorough analysis of the press release by Saith-Masu of AC: Initiates which I think pretty much proves Sam Fey was a hoax.:)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-02-2014, 09:06 AM

Why The AC5 Press Release is FAKE! (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/6548/page/1)

A really thorough analysis of the press release by Saith-Masu of AC: Initiates which I think pretty much proves Sam Fey was a hoax.:)

BINGO! Epic find, dude…. and yet, I'm not surprised about it being a fake...

GunnerGalactico
03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Somehow I knew it was fake. It was never confirmed in every news source... only rumoured.

oliacr
03-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Finally, there's still some hope.

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 12:02 PM
The thread created in the Inititates page does not prove anything. The guy responsible for the leak wouldn't have had the opportunity to copy-paste the press release nor copy it due to the supervising in his office. He most probably have read it thoroughly and memorised it. Thus the grammatical mistakes and the vague statements.
I am not saying that the leak is official, but if the story is as the article on reddit claims it is, those "mistakes" are to be expected.

Dome500
03-02-2014, 02:39 PM

Doesn't mean it can't be England non the less ;)

But I would be satisfied with China as well.

egriffin09
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I have a good feeling AC V will be announced on Monday March 3rd. AC IV:BF interview with Adam Sessler and Ash was uploaded to Youtube on Mar 4th 2013 which was the first Monday in March.

AlexEzio89
03-02-2014, 03:47 PM
no serios leak yet? [edit] i lose my pronostic ..

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Is it too late to make bets? Because if it's not England, then my money's on China. Or Trinidad.

Kaschra
03-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I expect to see the first leaks during March. Probably during the first half of March.

I-Like-Pie45
03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Personally

I THINK THE NEXT PROTAGONIST SHOULD BE COREY MAY

FR0ZENZiNE
03-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Personally

I THINK THE NEXT PROTAGONIST SHOULD BE COREY MAY

http://i.imgur.com/va2ftAc.png
10/10 GOTD would buy

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-02-2014, 06:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/va2ftAc.png
10/10 GOTD would buy

Lolz… you're as mad as a march hare, son :P

LoyalACFan
03-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Man, I was REALLY wrong about the leaks wasn't I? :nonchalance: Can't believe we haven't seen anything concrete.

Good news is, if tomorrow comes and goes with no announcement, we'll know definitively that the Sam Fey thing was a fake. The "leak" said they were scheduling the press release for March 4.

AherasSTRG
03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
My wishlist goes like:
1. Industrial Age
2. China
3. Wild West
It's sad to bring that up, but maybe Ubisoft Kiev was also working on the next AC andyou know... With all the stuff going on there, they just had to postpone the work on the next AC? Or at least the announcement?

Mr_Shade
03-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Man, I was REALLY wrong about the leaks wasn't I? :nonchalance: Can't believe we haven't seen anything concrete.

Wouldn't worry too much about it - you will not be the first person to be wrong in the history of AC 'leaks' ;)

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 05:10 PM

Good news is, if tomorrow comes and goes with no announcement, we'll know definitively that the Sam Fey thing was a fake. The "leak" said they were scheduling the press release for March 4.

I always thought it would come out the first week of march, and If it doesn't, then I will just stop checking everyday and wait to see it in Gameinformer or something. I guess Ubi figured out a way to seal their leaks.. damn you ubi DAMN YOUUU:cool:

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 05:27 PM
And by the way,

Is anyone else upset that kenway is the first assassin not to have the birds peak or the "point" in the assassin hood??? whats up with that ubi???:mad:

Aphex_Tim
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
And by the way,

Is anyone else upset that kenway is the first assassin not to have the birds peak or the "point" in the assassin hood??? whats up with that ubi???:mad:

Not really a big deal IMO. To me, the white hood is iconic enough.

AherasSTRG
03-03-2014, 05:42 PM
And by the way,

Newbies are fun :D .

Megas_Doux
03-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Not really a big deal IMO. To me, the white hood is iconic enough.

This!

Mr.GoodKall
03-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Newbies are fun :D .

Yes youre right I am new to this, but im only here because im waiting to see what the next AC will be that's why I just joined, I actually have a life so I don't sit here everyday throughout the year :p

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes youre right I am new to this, but im only here because im waiting to see what the next AC will be that's why I just joined, I actually have a life so I don't sit here everyday throughout the year :p

Just stop.

Moultonborough
03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
The missing "beak" didn't really matter in ACIV. Edward only put it up for sneaking during missions. Overall it wasn't really used much. I do love it see the Assassin wear them though. I think of it as a Assassin "trademark" and missed it in ACIV. Hopefully it will come back in ACV. As for leaks...... I don't have too much of a life for right now so I check pretty often around this time of year till the games release. So most of the year lol. The sooner we find out new info the better.;)

ze_topazio
03-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Where's mah leak? I was expecting some news yesterday on my birthday, like always, but I got nothing, I'm highly disappointed, thanks Obama!

Mr_Shade
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Lets all try and get along - else the thread gets locked - and you guys will have to make up some new leaks ;)

mattyink
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Hopefully not for a while. I mean they shouldnt rush out a game every year. There is something called too much of a good thing.
Although i'm not a real AC fan i have to admit. Rented the first one to play with my ex we got bored of it. played 3/4 of the second game but never got back into it. I liked it tough but i have a hard time getting back to playing a game after months. Didnt play anything else until i got black flag which i love because of the pirate setting. Not sure i would get into the next game.

I found myself just wishing to be back at sea when i get to a city and mess around too long doing all the collectibles and misions. They better come out with something nice to change the pace and have more diverse gameplay.

ACfan443
03-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I wonder if we'll hear something official tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken, the leaked press release mentioned something about an announcement on the 4th of March?

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I wonder if we'll hear something official tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken, the leaked press release mentioned something about an announcement on the 4th of March?
If it was true, they may have changed the date now. lol

Reptilis91
03-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Considering that the press release was a fake, it would be funny.^^

silvermercy
03-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Just saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1zgle1/darby_revealed_something/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Xangr8/status/440564970711834624
Is Darby trolling us about AC5? lol He mentioned his birthday apparently. I think he's just being funny though.

Considering that the press release was a fake, it would be funny.^^
lol

oh by the way, Dishonored 2 has apparently been leaked, too. LOL Is this fake or legit? It will apparently be announced in E3.
https://24.media.tumblr.com/98cd555d68ac6b5b9e5c4505b4319f2f/tumblr_n1vt0tnpht1qdqlkxo1_500.jpg

Why can't we, too, have a clear image for AC5! Ugh! lol

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Just saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1zgle1/darby_revealed_something/
Is Darby trolling us about AC5? lol He mentioned his birthday apparently. I think he's just being funny though

The guy's reading too much into it, it was definitely just a joke.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Is Darby trolling us about AC5? lol He mentioned his birthday apparently. I think he's just being funny though.

lol

oh by the way, Dishonored 2 has apparently been leaked, too. LOL Is this fake or legit? It will apparently be announced in E3.
https://24.media.tumblr.com/98cd555d68ac6b5b9e5c4505b4319f2f/tumblr_n1vt0tnpht1qdqlkxo1_500.jpg

Why can't we, too, have a clear image for AC5! Ugh! lol

Oh how I would LOVE that this is no fake.... Dishonored II - a dream come true. I'm a serious Dishonored fan - It brought fresh wind in the stealth hybrid genre. :D

Secu12
03-04-2014, 11:23 AM
This year we already had Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD and Freedom Cry as stand-alone game. It won't be too much?
Maybe they will announce the next game in the franchise at E3 and scheduled for release in Fall 2015.

I remember last year during this time you were complaining the series should take a break, and now you can"t help it anymore.

Will_Lucky
03-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Well with Batman Arkham Knight out there today, we can probably write today off.

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Well with Batman Arkham Knight out there today, we can probably write today off.
What do you mean?

Will_Lucky
03-04-2014, 04:26 PM
What do you mean?

Batman Arkham Knight was announced today, meaning they will be scooping up all the publicity so I wouldn't expect a AC announcement today.

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Batman Arkham Knight was announced today, meaning they will be scooping up all the publicity so I wouldn't expect a AC announcement today.

Nah, with South Park: Stick of Truth out today and this being an "important week for Watch_Dogs", I 'm pretty sure Ubisoft's got the lights turned on them for the time being.
And technically, it wasn't announced, it was leaked. Anyway, if AC5 isn't announced today, the troll that created the whole Victorian England thing will have made me pretty sad. First time a troll would succeed in fishing me out (is that the expression? whatever).

STDlyMcStudpants
03-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Guess we have to wait until next Monday :(

overdidd
03-04-2014, 06:09 PM

:( me = sad

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Why? What happened?

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Why? What happened?

The sam fey press release said that ACV would be revealed march 4, and people think that it would be revealed at 5:00 pm GMT +1 because that is when AC3 and 4 were announced, and since it is past that time, people think that now the press release was fake

But it could still be true. AC3 and 4 were announced on the 5th, and the release never said anything about any specific time. There are still plenty of hours left in the day for much of the world.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Why? What happened?

Yeah I don't get it either. Isn't there still a good chance it will be announced thursday or something?

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Unless they're planning to reveal the game some time later in the year, I'm very impressed with Ubisoft's ability to keep leaks contained (so far).

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Yeah I don't get it either. Isn't there still a good chance it will be announced thursday or something?

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if we made it to the weekend without an announcement. But then again, I was stunned that it wasn't announced/leaked last week, so what do I know?

The sam fey press release said that ACV would be revealed march 4, and people think that it would be revealed at 5:00 pm GMT +1 because that is when AC3 and 4 were announced, and since it is past that time, people think that now the press release was fake

But it could still be true. AC3 and 4 were announced on the 5th, and the release never said anything about any specific time. There are still plenty of hours left in the day for much of the world.

I thought the 5PM thing referred to Montreal time? Which would be the same timezone I'm in, and that's still four hours off.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Unless they're planning to reveal the game some time later in the year, I'm very impressed with Ubisoft's ability to keep leaks contained (so far).

You're impressed, I'm exasperated :p

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:04 PM

Well if this Sam fey stuff turns out to be true then they didnt exactly do a good job.

Lol all the ACs in the past 3 years have been leaked ahead of schedule.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I'd be really surprised if we made it to the weekend without an announcement. But then again, I was stunned that it wasn't announced/leaked last week, so what do I know?

I thought the 5PM thing referred to Montreal time? Which would be the same timezone I'm in, and that's still four hours off.

I have no idea really.. That is just what people were saying, that it was GMT +1..which I think it the time that this forum runs on. You can probably check it out at the bottom of the page.
Also we live in da same thyme zone!!

Shahkulu101
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I hope the Sam Fey thing isn't a load of crap - I really had my hopes up. Most of all, I hate being lied too...

Something had better come up.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Hehe you are talking to the one who has been wrong about everything so far (stupid rumors). But yeah, I would really like to get that announcement soon.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I have no idea really.. That is just what people were saying, that it was GMT +1..which I think it the time that this forum runs on. You can probably check it out at the bottom of the page.
Also we live in da same thyme zone!!

Yeah, I dunno, I guess they could be running on French time since Ubi is a French company, or they could be running on the local time of the AC studios. I believe it's 1:20ish in both Montreal and Toronto right now.

Also, EST REPRESENT :p

Dome500
03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
It's ~1:25 PM EST at the moment if they use the Canadian Time Zone to determine the announcement time.

Everything is possible....

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Whatever the case is, I just hope they don't announce it during my class period. I would hate to have to make an excuse to leave early... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Hehe you are talking to the one who has been wrong about everything so far (stupid rumors). But yeah, I would really like to get that announcement soon.
Where's your thread at? :p

ACfan443
You're impressed, I'm exasperated :p

I can understand, I was the same with AC3, French Rev rumours were circulating for quite some time (as well as a few others), and it drove me insane.

Well if this Sam fey stuff turns out to be true then they didnt exactly do a good job.

Lol all the ACs in the past 3 years have been leaked ahead of schedule.

Well, there was talk of Sam Fey before the press statement leaked so there's a strong possibility of England still being the setting. In which case they didn't handle it perfectly, but still pretty well given how little we know of the title at this point.

I hope the Sam Fey thing isn't a load of crap - I really had my hopes up. Most of all, I hate being lied too...

Something had better come up.

We know where to direct the pitchforks ;)

Wolfmeister1010
Yeah, I dunno, I guess they could be running on French time since Ubi is a French company, or they could be running on the local time of the AC studios. I believe it's 1:20ish in both Montreal and Toronto right now.

Also, EST REPRESENT :p

I just remembered, also, the press release said it would be in paris france on the 4th

Shahkulu101
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Where's your thread at? :p

Reminds of the song: "Where's your head at?".

Thankyou for your time.

EDITED POST!

YRTEP
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I expect AC5 to be revealed on March 16th. (<-- next full moon)

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
So, no announcement today. I was so pumped up for it. If it is not announced within the week though, we can kiss our Victorian London goodbye.
Do we know who started this "Samuel Fey" rumor? I want to find him and verbally assault him if the leak ends up being fake.

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Maybe Ubisoft planed to send the press release on the 4th of March, but allow the various media to release it on the 5th?

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Maybe Ubisoft planed to send the press release on the 4th of March, but allow the various media to release it on the 5th?

Any date on Official Ubisoft Press Releases - are the date for the release of that info.

Dates on fakes and rumours - can be what ever the writer wanted ;)

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Any date on Official Ubisoft Press Releases - are the date for the release of that info.

Dates on fakes and rumours - can be what ever the writer wanted ;)

You, mod. Don't kill my last hopes!

Just kidding of course. Thanks for the info.

Dome500
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
So, no announcement today. I was so pumped up for it. If it is not announced within the week though, we can kiss our Victorian London goodbye.
Do we know who started this "Samuel Fey" rumor? I want to find him and verbally assault him if the leak ends up being fake.

I would say England can't be ruled out but Samuel Fey is probably a fake.

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Guys, finally we have an evidence! the french ac page on fb uploaded a new image of the main assassins, but there isn't nikolai anymore! In his place, now there's a white shadow with an hood...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1655737_10152052288398757_1100668751_o.jpg

Dome500
03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Guys, finally we have an evidence! the french ac page on fb uploaded a new image of the main assassins, but there isn't nikolai anymore! In his place, now there's a white shadow with an hood...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1655737_10152052288398757_1100668751_o.jpg

Don't know what this is supposed to mean.
My theory would actually be that they just wanted to show the GAME Assassins and therefore took Nikolai out.....
Could be a hint as well of course, but that would be VERY vague.....

Btw: [OT] Is anyone else totally psyched about Arkham Knights (by Rocksteady) ? :D

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
You, mod. Don't kill my last hopes!

Just kidding of course. Thanks for the info.

I'm a Forum Manager, not a Moderator - so I'm a paid member of Ubisoft.

I had already 'hinted' rather heavily that the 'PR' was a fake.. as have many others.. however people choose to believe what they want ;)

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
They would have included Adewale, if they wanted to show the game assassins (Freedom Cry is standalone after all). I know this image (I guess we all do). If they wanted to show the game assassins, they 'd make a different one with Adewale as well.
"We 're on to something. I can feel it."

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:51 PM
what white shadow??

also, enzo should be in ze middel becas he iz best evar

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm a Forum Manager, not a Moderator - so I'm a paid member of Ubisoft.
What's the difference? Oh, who cares? I like you anyway.

I had already 'hinted' rather heavily that the 'PR' was a fake.. as have many others.. however people choose to believe what they want ;)
There you got it, folks. No ruling out Victorian England though, kiddos.

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
what white shadow??

Look again, M :rolleyes: (probably the 100th captcha I fill in today).

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Don't know what this is supposed to mean.
My theory would actually be that they just wanted to show the GAME Assassins and therefore took Nikolai out.....
Could be a hint as well of course, but that would be VERY vague.....

Well, if you look carefully at the shadow, it looks like a new assassin... and why would they show the game assassins? and then why now, when the next game is about to be announced? It's clearly an hint IMHO.

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 07:57 PM
what white shadow??

There's a very faint remnant of Nikolai's hood and shoulders

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Well, if you look carefully at the shadow, it looks like a new assassin... and why would they show the game assassins? and then why now, when the next game is about to be announced? It's clearly an hint IMHO.

The shadow is just a remnant of Nikolai's hood and shoulders. Anyway, is that page even official?

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Look again, M :rolleyes: (probably the 100th captcha I fill in today).
Okay, I found the shadow now, but i went to the french page and they still have this on
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1622258_10152052408693757_763920743_n.jpg

and it has people saying Enzio should be in the middle too..

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Adewale should be next to Aveline and Desmond should be in the middle. #W%&^#% the picture's a wreck.

Radman500
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
wait so are we playing as Nikolai?

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:04 PM

I think you are right.

Still, all one could guess from that picture is a message like "the announcement is near"

wait so are we playing as Nikolai?

I'm 100% sure we are not.

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Okay, I found the shadow now, but i went to the french page and they still have this on
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1622258_10152052408693757_763920743_n.jpg

and it has people saying Enzio should be in the middle too..

They removed it! WTF? Anyway, I swear they uploaded that image.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:07 PM
oooh conspiracies..

Least it keeps the 'leak' theory going I suppose ;)

Radman500
03-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I think you are right.

Still, all one could guess from that picture is a message like "the announcement is near"

I'm 100% sure we are not.

why not...from what i understand their is 20 years of Nikolai's life that is unexplained between 1888-1908, those years were not explained in the books...so its possible

Radman500
03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
oooh conspiracies..

are you doing reverse psychology and actually confirming Victorian London:p:p:p

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
oooh conspiracies..

Just out of curiosity.... Do the forum Managers know which game it will be (if there is one to be announced) before the public knows?

I can only imagine it would be hell of a fun for you to watch us conspire and know it already.....
If that's the case I envy you :)

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
why not...from what i understand their is 20 years of Nikolai's life that is unexplained between 1888-1908, those years were not explained in the books...so its possible

Because some months ago one of the developers of the AC series (don't know who exactly, but an important guy) said that Russia would be interesting as setting when he was asked, but he continued that they would not visit such a setting so soon since there is already a book/comic about it.

That's why I think it's very unlikely it's him.

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Guys, after looking more carefully at the image, i think that the shadow is Nikolai turned

Hans684
03-04-2014, 08:26 PM
oooh conspiracies..

Another hint? In term of conspiracies you would be just like us if you were in our position. There isn't much reason to continue the 'leak' theory becouse most is proven wrong and you yourself said you have hinted that they were false.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Get no hints from me ;)

Just find it odd that people clutch at straws - there's been a few fake leaks this week for a few different games..

BUT - it's great to read what people think and ideas they have about them :)

And I would still be saying the same, if I didn't work for Ubisoft, since I have seen the fallout these 'leaks' can cause, so just want people to remain calm.

Best to take them all with a pinch of salt and don't get too upset when they are proven to be fake - or more likely, just don't happen :)

AherasSTRG
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
How are we certain this Pipboy guy isn't a troll? Has anyone else seen this picture?

Dome500
03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Get no hints from me ;)

Just find it odd that people clutch at straws - there's been a few fake leaks this week for a few different games..

And I would still be saying the same, if I didn't work for Ubisoft, since I have seen the fallout these 'leaks' can cause, so just want people to remain calm.

Best to take them all with a pinch of salt and don't get too upset when they are proven to be fake - or more likely, just don't happen :)

I don't mind leaks being proven fake, it just kills me to wait until the official announcement once the fake leaks are starting to pop up everywhere.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't mind leaks being proven fake, it just kills me to wait until the official announcement once the fake leaks are starting to pop up everywhere.

Ubisoft won't announce anything, due to fake leaks - no matter how many pop up - they will only announce certain things, when they are good and ready ;)

Just do what I do, read them - and enjoy the communities thoughts on them, some theories are great - but don't set your heart on anything you read - unless it's official ;)

Hans684
03-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Get no hints from me ;)

No need and you have to keep you job.

Nothing odd, we simply can't wait for the next and it is understandable with great(but false) 'leaks' like the press release of 'ACV'.

Indeed it is.

Keep up the good work!

Like the legendary Half-Life 3 :(

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 09:14 PM
indeed.

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 09:16 PM
How are we certain this Pipboy guy isn't a troll? Has anyone else seen this picture?
Man, since I follow a lot of ac pages on fb and almost all of them posted that picture, I just wanted to show you it, even though it could also be related to what's happening in russia right now...

Reptilis91
03-04-2014, 09:18 PM
ubisoft won't announce anything, due to fake leaks

o_o ?

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 09:20 PM
o_o ?

If you read the post - I said we won't announce things - due to fake leaks - some are under the impression that other leaks - where leading to an announcement..

In other words - No amount of 'leaks' will force Ubisoft to announce anything ;)

And as always - we don't comment on rumour or speculation ;)

silvermercy
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
In other words - No amount of 'leaks' will force Ubisoft to announce anything ;)
Not even this scary one!?
http://img0.etsystatic.com/041/2/8903437/il_340x270.538416808_dimk.jpg

Reptilis91
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Oh ok, I understand. :D

xPipBoy
03-04-2014, 09:31 PM
There's something wrong this year.
In the past years we always had some leaks in the days before the announcement, like details from yves guillemot himself during ubisoft reports, leaked pictures, and hints from the ac official page on fb.
But now... the ubisoft report has been done 1-2 weeks ago and ubisoft didn't say a word about the next game. All the leaked things we had have been confirmed fake. And if this isn't enough, the ac page on fb didn't post nothing that could hint at it (yes, now I think that the picture I uploaded some minutes ago isn't related to the next assassin). So, maybe... there's no ac coming this year?

frodrigues55
03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Regardin the Nikolai picture, it has always bugged me somehow that he is there with the other main characters. He's not on any game, which is AC's main media, so somehow I never considered him to be one of the main assassins.

But I just got the chance to read his comics this weekend and now I can say I finally have a reason to be really annoyed at his presence there.

At first, I thought he was a horrible assassin, torturing people all the way through his missions and ordering murders in cold blood. Then, when he wants a quiet life for himself, the brotherhood goes after him in such a brutal way, I seriously do not know which side was the worst. His story is so different from the others, I seriously do not think he belongs there for some reason. Like, a blood stain in the Assassin's brotherhood.

It looks like every other assassin on that picture - from Altair to Aveline - worked for good causes and left their good mark on the brotherhood. Our big bad Russian Assassin, on the other hand, should be erased from history. Just get him out of there.

BTW, it would be fun to play a game in Russia with his kid, though. I don't know if they would make ACV with another blue-eyed blond assassin, but who knows in the future. Or they could do what was done to Edward and change his appearance as described on the books.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Not even this scary one!?
http://img0.etsystatic.com/041/2/8903437/il_340x270.538416808_dimk.jpg

esp that one…

[shudders]

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
There's something wrong this year.
In the past years we always had some leaks in the days before the announcement, like details from yves guillemot himself during ubisoft reports, leaked pictures, and hints from the ac official page on fb.
But now... the ubisoft report has been done 1-2 weeks ago and ubisoft didn't say a word about the next game. All the leaked things we had have been confirmed fake. And if this isn't enough, the ac page on fb didn't post nothing that could hint at it (yes, now I think that the picture I uploaded some minutes ago isn't related to the next assassin). So, maybe... there's no ac coming this year?

There's a greater possibility of being struck by lightning.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Regardin the Nikolai picture, it has always bugged me somehow that he is there with the other main characters. He's not on any game, which is AC's main media, so somehow I never considered him to be one of the main assassins.

But I just got the chance to read his comics this weekend and now I can say I finally have a reason to be really annoyed at his presence there.

At first, I thought he was a horrible assassin, torturing people all the way through his missions and ordering murders in cold blood. Then, when he wants a quiet life for himself, the brotherhood goes after him in such a brutal way, I seriously do not know which side was the worst. His story is so different from the others, I seriously do not think he belongs there for some reason. Like, a blood stain in the Assassin's brotherhood.

It looks like every other assassin on that picture - from Altair to Aveline - worked for good causes and left their good mark on the brotherhood. Our big bad Russian Assassin, on the other hand, should be erased from history. Just get him out of there.

BTW, it would be fun to play a game in Russia with his kid, though. I don't know if they would make ACV with another blue-eyed blond assassin, but who knows in the future. Or they could do what was done to Edward and change his appearance as described on the books.

Nikolai never wanted to be an Assassin, and he later renounced all ties to them, so yeah, he does seem weird standing there with the other Assassins like "look how badass we are!" His presence doesn't bother me as much as Aveline's though; that picture would be so much cooler without her stupid hat ruining the aesthetic theme :nonchalance:

I REALLY wouldn't want to play as Innokenti though, as that would practically guarantee a WWII game. WAY too recent for an AC title IMO.

Goxxi
03-04-2014, 10:18 PM
If you read the post - I said we won't announce things - due to fake leaks - some are under the impression that other leaks - where leading to an announcement..

Please man , do U have a heart or soul ?

We are in some kind of state of emergency in last 2 weeks , we are getting anxious about 1st informations for ACV , so U don't have to spoil anything , but can U tell us when we can expect some 1st informations (how we could continue to live our normal lifes :P ) ?

Dome500
03-04-2014, 10:21 PM

That's not what I meant.

It's only, normally it's announcement time. We (or I) are (am) used to it due to the annual releases. And every year there are a lot of fake leaks coming. That normally reminds me that the announcement must be near :D And if you expect and announcement anytime within the next weeks, because it has been usual that way, then the waiting really kills you :)

We are in some kind of state of emergency in last 2 weeks , we are getting anxious about 1st informations for ACV , so U don't have to spoil anything , but can U tell us when we can expect some 1st informations (how we could continue to live our normal lifes :P ) ?

I'm pretty sure he would loose his job if he did.

frodrigues55
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Nikolai never wanted to be an Assassin, and he later renounced all ties to them, so yeah, he does seem weird standing there with the other Assassins like "look how badass we are!"

Exactly how I felt, lol. It's like "Yeah, I'm an assassin :cool: Don't really want to be one, though. Especially after the Brotherhood decided to murder me and my kid."

His presence doesn't bother me as much as Aveline's though; that picture would be so much cooler without her stupid hat ruining the aesthetic theme :nonchalance:

Aveline's questionable fashion really was something to take notice. I don't even think that hat is pratical to all the running she does, not to say it does a terrible job at hiding who she really is. It's like whoever designed her don't even know how an assassin look like.

I REALLY wouldn't want to play as Innokenti though, as that would practically guarantee a WWII game. WAY too recent for an AC title IMO.

I didn't give much thought to it, but you're right. The Fall/Chain themselves already seemed too modern.

Goxxi
03-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Why he would lost a job , I mean I don't see why is so difficult to say , the annauncment will be soon or to say U can expect it in few weeks or in few months or whatever.
U know we could tell us something just how we would have some orientation.

ACConspiracies
03-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Um sorry but that is not true... If could be in Victoria London but that release is not real... 1 because it says it's not out for x box 360 but it has x box 360 in the bottom 2 because it ssaid it should be released on March 4 but March 4 is nearly over and there is no reveal...

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

TBH - not to sound heartless, but no one is reasonable for any upset, but those who are posting the fake leaks - I'm sorry many want to believe them, however they shouldn't be used as a guide to any incoming announcements.

I can only suggest watching for official Press releases - however I can't say when or IF they will come, only that you should only trust trusted sources ;)

Goxxi
03-04-2014, 11:13 PM
TBH - not to sound heartless, but no one is reasonable for any upset, but those who are posting the fake leaks - I'm sorry many want to believe them, however they shouldn't be used as a guide to any incoming announcements.

I can only suggest watching for official Press releases - however I can't say when or IF they will come, only that you should only trust trusted sources ;)

Well I do not trust rummors anyway , but please tell me that we will get new Assassin's Creed game (like every year) this year how I could sleep peacefully : )

Dome500
03-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Well I do not trust rummors anyway , but please tell me that we will get new Assassin's Creed game (like every year) this year how I could sleep peacefully : )

He CAN'T.

As and employee of Ubisoft - that is what I am trying to tell you - he signed papers to ensure that everything he might get to know before official announcement is not to be told to anyone outside Ubisoft.

I don't know if he'll loos his job immediately if he does, but I am sure as hell it will bring him a lot of negative results if he does, since Ubisoft will be very unhappy about any information becoming public before the official announcement, even if it is as subtle as when the announcement will be.

Gibbo2g_83
03-05-2014, 02:24 AM
I was looking at the picture with Nicolai missing posted earlier in this thread when I noticed something if you look at the shadow assassin there are 3 white parts a hood and then 2 more with the one on the right of the picture but that would be on the left shoulder/arm of the assassin being longer than the one on the left of the picture. This to me looks like Shao Juns arm armour from Embers.
Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Dome500
03-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Wow. Finished your tantrum now? Good. Now lets talk about Assassins Creed.

This.

I think someone needs a psychologist here, maybe even a psychologist can't help :p

Consus_E
03-05-2014, 05:11 AM
March 30 2014
I base this prediction on absolutely zero evidence or facts... Accept that it's my birthday.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Guys,

We have seen a rise in these types of threads, and fun as they are - you need to start using existing threads.

We have some already set up - so a quick search would find them - or use these links..

Future AC titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

'leaks and theories about future titles go here!' (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/844075-Leaks-and-theories-about-future-titles-go-here!)