PDA

View Full Version : Save File not Working?

toby12345r
02-26-2014, 01:42 PM
I recently purchased AC 4: Black Flag and played it for around 7-8 hours and I had 14 procent completion. I then logged off to try out the Multi-player aspect of the game. I exited the game and opened it up again around an hour later. I started playing single player and was enjoying it until I got to a Quest where I had to find James Kidd and not be detected. I got to the cinematic where the man in the brown robe asked if I knew Duncan. Then, the game crashed and I thought it was no problem, so I fired it back up clicked my save file and it went to the loading screen. Then, the screen blacked out and I got an error message reading ''AC4 has stopped working'' I tried this multiple times and it failed everytime. I then backed up my save and reinstalled the game which didnt help as well. I loved the game and would really like my save file back as I do not want to start all over again. Is there a way to repair my save file or can Ubisoft help me get a save file with 14 procent completion?

I really want to play the game but I dont want to start the game all over again

Thanks,
Toby

YazX_
02-26-2014, 03:06 PM
seems you got a corrupted file, so everytime your save loads the point where the file to be loaded is corrupted, hence the game crashes. verify game files through UPlay to replace any missing/corrupted files. if you have the game on steam, then verify game cache on steam.

toby12345r
02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
seems you got a corrupted file, so everytime your save loads the point where the file to be loaded is corrupted, hence the game crashes. verify game files through UPlay to replace any missing/corrupted files. if you have the game on steam, then verify game cache on steam.

So how would I get these files replaced? Could you give me step by step instructions?

and how do I check if my file are corrupted?

rcole_sooner
02-26-2014, 05:48 PM
AFAIK, cloud saves are still broken on ubisoft for PC.

If you have not been making manual backups, then I am afraid it is lost.

(Edit: But try verifying cache as described in the post below this one.)

Here is an article on how to do manual backups in the future. Actually it is about syncing 2 systems, but the same method can be used to copy the save files to another directory as a manual backup.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

I try to remember to do my backup before I play each day. I may still lose some progress, if a crash ever does happen, but not all.

YazX_
02-26-2014, 05:59 PM
@ rcole_sooner (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/781263-rcole_sooner) , wait no need to jump into conclusions, let him try to verify files first, to verify files do the following:

1. In UPlay, go to Games.
2. select Assassins Creed 4.
3. Next to "Player single player" button there is a downward arrow, click on it and select Verify files from the list.

Note you might need to do it more than once.