PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 5 on next gen

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Sorry i looked everywhere to post this question but the only thread i found about Assassin's Creed 5 was in the mobile section and wasn't helpful. I was wondering everytime AC5 is mentioned i read about it being on XBOX ONE & PS4 but thats it :confused: So is Assassin's creed 5 going to be next gen consoles only??????????????????????

ze_topazio
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
We don't know yet, even though I don't have a next gen console and most likely still won't have one by the end of year, I think it's time for them to move on and start using the next gen power for real.

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Apparently so. There's also rumors to be one more last generation AC title too so don't feel too discourage.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-26-2014, 02:02 PM
We don't know yet, even though I don't have a next gen console and most likely still won't have one by the end of year, I think it's time for them to move on and start using the next gen power for real.

i understand what your saying but i'd consider that abit of a slap in the face as i own all AC games and dlc's and can't afford 400 to 500 on a new console then 50 to 60 on the game :( unless the london rumours true because victorian london will be boring as hell after have a mass free world to sail around in. I would have loved it in london when guy fawlks tryed to blow up parliment.....AND IM BRITISH LOOOL :D

ACLexter
02-26-2014, 02:18 PM
But I'm pretty sure both are available on PC right?
because I neither have consoles :(

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Apparently so. There's also rumors to be one more last generation AC title too so don't feel too discourage.

I heard rumours that was AC:Liberation HD it better not have been because in the words of my american brothers in arms ''That games got more bugs then a bait store'' lol

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-26-2014, 02:23 PM
But I'm pretty sure both are available on PC right?
because I neither have consoles :(

yeah because P.C gaming is on the rise so Look Like I'll be joining you on the P.C

ACLexter
02-26-2014, 02:30 PM
I have been playing on PC ever since.
but I'm planning to purchase PS4 and play there. hopefully

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Im not impressed with either the xbox one or PS4. The Xbox One is over priced full of bloatware and i have privacy concerns over it and every one i know who got a PS4 has had to send it back for repairs losing all saved game data and such so HMMMMMM. Hey guys if i was gonna get a next gen console to play assassins creed games which would you recommend or would P.C be the way to go????

Hans684
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Since we have next gen(and PC but as usual delayed) ACV will deffently be on it, don't need an official source for that. But becouse of the two game rumor we can't say if it is going to be on current/last gen.

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
If you can afford the PC, then get it for the PC. These newer consoles don't deliver on what you paid for. But if you're on a tight budget and have to choose between the PS4 or X1, I recommend the X1.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
They better release it only on next gen! I wanna see what next gen can transform ac into.

Will_Lucky
02-26-2014, 04:44 PM
After playing AC4 on the PS4 I want to see what a true next-gen game looks like once the current-gen waste is dropped.

ACLexter
02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
I heard there will be new engine?
I hope and expecting this will be interesting , new features, changes, graphics, etc..
like the leap from ACII to ACIII

Gibbo2g_83
02-26-2014, 05:15 PM
I was sort of hoping for 1 more cross gen game but if it being next gen only massively improves the game I suppose that's the way to go. I honestly think there will be 2 games though 1 game for each gen I think the current gen will get a game with either Connor, Eseosa or Aveline or maybe with all 3 making an appearance and then the next gen game will be AC5.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Guys, I wouldn't panic about games that are yet to be announced.. who knows what formats future titles will use..

Aphex_Tim
02-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Im not impressed with either the xbox one or PS4. The Xbox One is over priced full of bloatware and i have privacy concerns over it and every one i know who got a PS4 has had to send it back for repairs losing all saved game data and such so HMMMMMM. Hey guys if i was gonna get a next gen console to play assassins creed games which would you recommend or would P.C be the way to go????

That's completely subjective. Myself, I prefer consoles since having one means I'm set for at least the next 5 years. I don't really care for having the best performance, as long as games are playable without any major problems. I also haven't had any problems with my PS4 so far; it works perfectly fine. Xbox One and PS4 are pretty similar in what they can do; PS4 is just a little cheaper. For AC in particular, I think a controller gives you a little more control than a keyboard but of course, you could also just hook up a controller to your PC.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 07:43 PM
FYI - if you have PS+ which you need for the PS4 for online - your save data is automatically saved on the cloud - so you shouldn't loose any save data ;)

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 07:53 PM
FYI - if you have PS+ which you need for the PS4 for online - your save data is automatically saved on the cloud - so you shouldn't loose any save data ;)
what happens to your data when you are not a ps+ member anymore?

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 07:59 PM
what happens to your data when you are not a ps+ member anymore?

They eat it.. nom nom nom..

- It's left in the last state you uploaded - until you renew Plus - and then it's over written again :)

Aphex_Tim
02-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Also, free games! Woohoo!!

Mr_Shade
02-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Also, free games! Woohoo!!

indeed :)

You do get a fair bit with PS+ now - more so if you have a PS3, PS4 and Vita :)

DaBird-Is-DaWord
02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
I think Assassins Creed will remain a dual-gen game for at least the next two or three installments. It will take time for the next-gen to overtake the previous gen user base and Ubisoft wants to make money--they won't do that by not making the game available to millions of fans. This is the same company that releases annually and is porting Liberation to consoles to make more money. I don't know when they will truly make the jump to next-gen but I'm sure AC5 will be on PS3 and 360.

One exception is inFamous Second Son, which jumped right from PS3 to PS4 as an exclusive without first entertaining a dual-console release in-between. Those are different circumstances though. inFamous is an in-house Sony Playstation game and they made it a launch-window next gen exclusive to promote early adoption of their new system. They decided it would be worth the loss of potential revenue to accomplish that goal. Ubisoft isn't invested in selling PS4s and Xbox Ones and Assassins Creed is a multiplatform franchise.

I can't wait for the first next-gen exclusive Assassins Creed game when they get to it though. In the next few years we'll start seeing what PS4 and One can really do. Right now 90% of the games are PS3/360 ports and even the current exclusives can only take so much advantage of the new hardware.

playlisting
02-26-2014, 09:14 PM
i understand what your saying but i'd consider that abit of a slap in the face as i own all AC games and dlc's and can't afford 400 to 500 on a new console then 50 to 60 on the game :( unless the london rumours true because victorian london will be boring as hell after have a mass free world to sail around in. I would have loved it in london when guy fawlks tryed to blow up parliment.....AND IM BRITISH LOOOL :D

I think PS4's are currently selling for around 300. I also heard that the Xbox One is meant to be dropping down to the same price or just above the PS4 but I don't know whether that's true or not. It's likely though.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I think Assassins Creed will remain a dual-gen game for at least the next two or three installments. It will take time for the next-gen to overtake the previous gen user base and Ubisoft wants to make money--they won't do that by not making the game available to millions of fans. This is the same company that releases annually and is porting Liberation to consoles to make more money. I don't know when they will truly make the jump to next-gen but I'm sure AC5 will be on PS3 and 360.

One exception is inFamous Second Son, which jumped right from PS3 to PS4 as an exclusive without first entertaining a dual-console release in-between. Those are different circumstances though. inFamous is an in-house Sony Playstation game and they made it a launch-window next gen exclusive to promote early adoption of their new system. They decided it would be worth the loss of potential revenue to accomplish that goal. Ubisoft isn't invested in selling PS4s and Xbox Ones and Assassins Creed is a multiplatform franchise.

I can't wait for the first next-gen exclusive Assassins Creed game when they get to it though. In the next few years we'll start seeing what PS4 and One can really do. Right now 90% of the games are PS3/360 ports and even the current exclusives can only take so much advantage of the new hardware.

Partially agree.

I think it will stay dual-gen for 2 more games max. (1 game is more likely) though, not 3 (would be 3 years geez) IMO.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2014, 09:44 PM
They eat it.. nom nom nom..

- It's left in the last state you uploaded - until you renew Plus - and then it's over written again :)
But can you continue where you stopped if you don't have ps plus anymore?

DaBird-Is-DaWord
02-26-2014, 10:09 PM
But can you continue where you stopped if you don't have ps plus anymore?

Yeah. Playstation still keeps game saves on the hard drive. Cloud saves are basically this gen's answer to memory cards--go over to a friend's house, hop on their Playstation and log in with your PS+ and you can play your game saves from the Cloud.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
ubi usually give you an outfit for a new ac game if you have saves from previous games does that mean i'll have to buy ac: black flag and liberation hd again???

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 08:18 PM
That's completely subjective. Myself, I prefer consoles since having one means I'm set for at least the next 5 years. I don't really care for having the best performance, as long as games are playable without any major problems. I also haven't had any problems with my PS4 so far; it works perfectly fine. Xbox One and PS4 are pretty similar in what they can do; PS4 is just a little cheaper. For AC in particular, I think a controller gives you a little more control than a keyboard but of course, you could also just hook up a controller to your PC.

i wouldnt of asked for peoples opions if i was subjective plus im only going by what ive seen and heard m8

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2014, 08:57 PM
ubi usually give you an outfit for a new ac game if you have saves from previous games does that mean i'll have to buy ac: black flag and liberation hd again???

It's all linked up to your Uplay account. So if you own AC:3 on console but you have AC:IV on PC, you'll still get Connor's robe.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 09:08 PM
It's all linked up to your Uplay account. So if you own AC:3 on console but you have AC:IV on PC, you'll still get Connor's robe.

Does that work the same way with current gen consoles to next gen aswell?

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Does that work the same way with current gen consoles to next gen aswell?

Yes. It was broken for a while, but it was fixed.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes. It was broken for a while, but it was fixed.

PWEHHH u star for anwsering that thought i'd have to start again :D i take it you can't cross consoles tho example 360 to PS4???

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
PWEHHH u star for anwsering that thought i'd have to start again :D i take it you can't cross consoles tho example 360 to PS4???

It should work. It's all linked to your Uplay so unless you're using different accounts it should work.