PDA

View Full Version : Game control and gameplay are disater

shapras
02-26-2014, 11:26 AM
This is 4th assassin creed game. You guys told that you improved control system. This is not true. Why put in one button whistle, loot? Why put in same button assassinate and knock down? Why I can't take body if I done knock down from corner. Where is lock target? Game is not finished at all that you represent. I like to play game a stealth combat without killing, but with this control system and gameplay I don't feel interested to play. Thanks God that I get this game when I bought ESO game. This game have many features, but it need to work on game control system and some bugs. Also remember add function like Lock target. Is very important if you want assassinate one particular target from group or nearest.

Hopefully in next franchise I will see real game control improvement and gameplay.

guidomista
02-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi,
after getting bored of continuous diconnections, crash and freeze in AC4 multiplayer, I decided to play back all the singleplayer stories, since first AC.
I'm playing ACB right now, and it confirms what I though:
AC2 is a very good game. Not ac3 or ac4. I'll never play back these games.
And about gameplay and control there's no comparaison: AC2, ACB, and ACR are way better then this new simplify, bobcamera view interface.
I liked ac3 and ac4 (the second is way better) first time i played them. I enjoyed the news. But once finished the effect of novelty, they are too stupid and boring to play them twice.
Someone says that ACB and ACR are more fanmade and ac3 and ac4 are more commercial...
Ubisoft is thinking about forking AC project for current and next gen. A better idea should be to fork for making a commercial and a fanmade brand.
I think that, like me, there are a lot of other players who loved Ezio's games, who should pay money for playing other Ezio's missions or games. Other missions for old games, or new games, but with the same graphic engine, controls and gameplay of ac2, acb and acr.
Yes, graphics now are better. But I don't care too much for graphic, if I can't enjoy playing...
There's also a recent thread in which people ask for ubisoft to release old ACB DLCs PS exclusive, also for pc!

Anyway...
little OT. This is last rumor about AC next chapter....
http://maxlevel.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-24-at-12.51.18-PM.png
let's hope something very good!

bye

playlisting
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Why put in same button assassinate and knock down?

Assassinate and knock down [I assume you mean tackle] aren't the same buttons. Assuming your playing with a controller, it's B to knock down and X to assassinate. If you're talking about knocking someone out, then have your fists equipped and hit X as normal. It doesn't take a long time to switch between hidden blades and fists. However I do think that free-running has been dumbed down significantly. In AC II, Brotherhood and Revelations, you had to actually jump and grab the ledge. In AC III/IV you just hold your forward key/push up on the left stick and Edward/Connor will be up that building in no time. The latter sounds better, but when in use the former is actually better. It just assumes where you want to go and puts you there. I would like the old free-running system to make a return in AC V but that is very unlikely.

playlisting
02-26-2014, 08:05 PM
little OT. This is last rumor about AC next chapter....
http://maxlevel.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-24-at-12.51.18-PM.png
let's hope something very good!

Victorian London! I hope this rumour is true.

mou119
02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
The changes that were made to the controls with ACIII were terrible imo, especially for people who play with mouse and keyboard like me. With the new mechanics everything is oversimplified in strange ways, uncomfortable and frustrating. Here is a list I posted a while back, of changes in the controls that I think would make a big difference if they were implemented in the coming AC games:

1) Players should have the option to set free running to work like in the first four games (hold high profile + hold direction = jogging, leap off ledges; hold high profile + hold jump + hold direction = sprinting, jump at ledges). Otherwise there is no way to jog (using m/kb), and moving around cities is a complete mess. This one is the most important issue that needs to be looked at.

2) Players should have the option to turn "combat mode" from automatic to manual (where you press the 'lock target' key to enter combat mode).

3) Combat mode control keys (break defense, counter) should be customized separately.

4) Players should have the option to change the cover system from automatic to manual (when at a cover spot, hit the 'jump' key on low profile to take cover. Press the 'jump' key or direction keys to undo).

5) The 'whistle' key should be an independent key so that there is no conflict with other actions (such as looting) and it can be used anywhere, even when hanging from ledges.

These things don't seem to me like they would be very hard to implement, maybe I'm wrong. They would have all the AC fans happy about the controls, that is for sure...

Edit: About Victorian London... hmmm, seems like from now on they will only choose locations and time periods where it doesn't look ridiculous that the characters speak English. Personally, I would like the series to go back to the times when firearms weren't common. Crossbows are good...

jpm01
02-26-2014, 09:36 PM
you seriously think they'll release V just one year after IV . sounds like an hoax to me . and personnally i don't care of London , i'm interested in caribbean/Florida only . that's the only reason why i purchased the game

guidomista
02-27-2014, 12:47 AM
you seriously think they'll release V just one year after IV . sounds like an hoax to me .

Well, maybe it's an hoax, i don't know.
But they released ACIV one year after ACIII. I don't see nothing strange in this.
Anyway, we all gonna know during next month.
Stay tuned!

bye

AlyoshaCephas
02-27-2014, 01:00 AM
you seriously think they'll release V just one year after IV . sounds like an hoax to me . and personnally i don't care of London , i'm interested in caribbean/Florida only . that's the only reason why i purchased the game

I'm not trying to establish the veracity of the announcement, but that's not a very good argument. With only one exception there has been a PC/console release annually since its inception, and that's not including handheld releases.

AC 2007
AC:2 2009
AC:Brotherhood 2010
AC:Revelations 2011
AC:3 2012
AC:4 2013

At the very least, it's a safe bet the next one will be out this year, regardless of whether or not this announcement is legit.

jpm01
02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
this is the first AC i bought so far . but i was logically saying that if you want a good game you can't do it in 1 year only . i play a lot GTA 4 also and now Rockstar releases its game every 4 or 5 years only . but in the end it results a fantastic game . i noticed weird things in AC4 you won't ever see in GTA . totally unrealistic game sequences , too hard or simply unrealistic . sometimes i feel i'm playing tomb raider I . AC4 is a very nice game but it has also pretty big lacks . if AC4 developpers could take their time and do like Rockstar does , to take their time but at the end release a fantastic game , AC black flag has a huge potential . because Ubisoft Montreal showed they can do pretty cool things , and a caribbean pirates game with good graphics will always sell good . for example the side by missions , i've rarely seen a game where side by missions were as good as in AC4

edited

guidomista
02-27-2014, 09:21 PM
because Abstergo showed they can do pretty cool things

Freudian slip! :D

rcole_sooner
02-27-2014, 09:47 PM
... sometimes i feel i'm playing tomb raider..

I really liked the last 2 Tomb Raiders. :o

jpm01
02-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Freudian slip! :D

is this a kind of templars trick :D . edited

I really liked the last 2 Tomb Raiders. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/redface.png

we all love LC tits , but i'm takling of a 20 years old gameplay

shapras
02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Assassinate and knock down [I assume you mean tackle] aren't the same buttons. Assuming your playing with a controller, it's B to knock down and X to assassinate. If you're talking about knocking someone out, then have your fists equipped and hit X as normal. It doesn't take a long time to switch between hidden blades and fists. However I do think that free-running has been dumbed down significantly. In AC II, Brotherhood and Revelations, you had to actually jump and grab the ledge. In AC III/IV you just hold your forward key/push up on the left stick and Edward/Connor will be up that building in no time. The latter sounds better, but when in use the former is actually better. It just assumes where you want to go and puts you there. I would like the old free-running system to make a return in AC V but that is very unlikely.

On PC version is the same button knock down and assassinate. You can download controller manual. Second I notice, that first priority is pick up weapon instead of body and also is annoying thing. Are a lot thing is annoying in this game where I don't feel as assassin role. I am so happy that I got this game for free when I bought another game. Next time I will read forums before I decide to buy a game. This game Arcade style for me. Is boring to collect chest, they should put some items, with animus is suppose to be like nice point of interest to see instead just jumping to reach. Why I can't find some weapons or Armour in chest, or some legendary items. Why I only have just one type ship, let me chose which ship I want to have instead you lock to one. If they improved game in all assassin franchise, so it can be like MMO game. Travel between islands by ship, travel between cities by horse. It will be amazing. They designed dozens cities and lands, islands and weapons, armour and many futures.