PDA

View Full Version : 109 G10 best attack

Bromophenol
04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi all, I am new here and I enjoy IL-II forgotten battles for sure. I don't play anymore MS CFS-II. On IL-II FB, I have started a carreer on 109. I am now flying the G10 after the boring G6 late. BTW, I claim 68 victories for 50 missions, Is it politically correct to ask on this forum where am I bad/average/good ?

My commander is usually satisfied but when he's not, then I refly...you know what I mean.

My question today is :
I have taken the habbit to always attack on the tail of the ennemy, or alternatively from below because of the inefficiency of bulleting from behind on the solid russian aircrafts. Usually I go up then dive and turn in my ennemy's tail, shooting 1 or 2 30mm bullets (guns are mostly ineficient from behind), then go up again and fast.
Is it bad ? I used to do that with my heavy G6late to save my *** from the faster Yak and LA, but should I try to do something else with a 109G10 which is definitevely better than the G6late.

Bromophenol
04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi all, I am new here and I enjoy IL-II forgotten battles for sure. I don't play anymore MS CFS-II. On IL-II FB, I have started a carreer on 109. I am now flying the G10 after the boring G6 late. BTW, I claim 68 victories for 50 missions, Is it politically correct to ask on this forum where am I bad/average/good ?

My commander is usually satisfied but when he's not, then I refly...you know what I mean.

My question today is :
I have taken the habbit to always attack on the tail of the ennemy, or alternatively from below because of the inefficiency of bulleting from behind on the solid russian aircrafts. Usually I go up then dive and turn in my ennemy's tail, shooting 1 or 2 30mm bullets (guns are mostly ineficient from behind), then go up again and fast.
Is it bad ? I used to do that with my heavy G6late to save my *** from the faster Yak and LA, but should I try to do something else with a 109G10 which is definitevely better than the G6late.

BBB_Hyperion
04-17-2004, 02:11 PM
I had about 80 kills(air) for 50 missions in my Il2 campaign http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

The 109s all fly the same way, fly at 4k+ , dive on the enemy (for better deflection under him to have his silouette against the sky) and fire when your windscreen is full. (Beware of debris) and plan your exit move early. Zoom back up look how the situation is and repeat it again or wait for better opportunity.

Regards,
Hyperion

Bromophenol
04-17-2004, 02:38 PM
I guess that's more or less what I do. I do it less well than you though, since you have a better rate of success.
Those russians aircraft are in steel, sometimes I just can empty my reserve of 13mm gun on a russian and all what I get is ...a little smoke.
Now I don't bother anymore with the guns, I just get as close as possible of the yak and fire the big gun. That's fun.

hmmm, 80 victories in 50 missions ? damn http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
I knew I shouldn't have asked.

VW-IceFire
04-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Which patch? The MG's have gone up in effectivness for a while although AEP has knocked them down a bit. Although the AI in AEP reacts more realistically to damage as well...depending on your patch you may note that although the plane you've hit is actually damaged quite severely the AI isn't having much problem in controlling it. Anyone who's flown a Yak on the recieving end knows that you can't turn properly in a Yak after the wings been damaged...the loss of lift is extreme.

With MG's aim for engines or the wing fuel tanks. Your tactics are very sound however. Keep it up!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Bromophenol
04-17-2004, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Which patch? The MG's have gone up in effectivness for a while although AEP has knocked them down a bit. Although the AI in AEP reacts more realistically to damage as well...depending on your patch you may note that although the plane you've hit is actually damaged quite severely the AI isn't having much problem in controlling it. Anyone who's flown a Yak on the recieving end knows that you can't turn properly in a Yak after the wings been damaged...the loss of lift is extreme.

With MG's aim for engines or the wing fuel tanks. Your tactics are very sound however. Keep it up!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No patch, the plain CD version of FB. Maybe you're right, I should upgrade to the latest version.