PDA

View Full Version : Another Revolution. A New Beginning

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello all. I am back after getting banned for saying a bad word!

Great Fall? I am not sure what to believe. The same thing happened with "Black Flag" last year so I am keeping an open mind. Perhaps Great Fall is THIS game that may or may not be legit:

"In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.

Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon."

This sounds VERY similar to a previous announcement, stating that there would be two ACs, one next gen, one current gen, and that it would be a massive rescope for the series.

Now, Let's all just assume that this is all completely true. Let's go through all the "facts".

Time Period: The industrial revolution in London occurred between mid 18th century and early 19th century, ending in 1820-1840. "The closing years" of the revolution does not necessarily mean that it takes place in like 1840. AC4 was said upon announcement that it would take place during the "end of the golden age of piracy". The actually end of the golden age of piracy occurred around 1730, while the game took place over a decade before. So basically, this game could take place any time during the early 19th century.

Graphics: AvilNextNext. This next gen exclusive game will likely host the best graphics we have ever seen in an AC game. I assume we can expect greater draw distance, better character models, better textures, and better particle effects. I am very excite. Victorian London is the perfect place to exploit gloomy ambient occlusion lighting and dense spooky fog.

Combat: New and redesigned combat? Count me in!

Stealth: When you think about it, the stealth mechanics in AC4 are very good. If they were just tweaking the mechanics a bit, it would hardly be worth saying it is "overhauled stealth". What more can they add to give it a "redesigned" status? Could we finally be looking at a crouching system, or perhaps a light/darkness based stealth system? Maybe they are finally redesigning the social stealth system? The possibilities are endless.

Parkour: I remember seeing an interview from ubi saying that there is plenty more that they want to do with parkour. HMMMM..could it be??

New systems: Could it be possible that they are finally putting time and effort into a TRUE random encounters system? Maybe. What other new features would fit in Victorian London? What do you think?

Returning Systems:

1. Seasons: In England, it is a definite possibility that seasons will occur again in the game. I loved the system in AC3, and welcome it back!
2. Hunting?: Hmm..I am not sure if a well known London entrepreneur would be one to get into the woods and hunt for animals. Maybe hunting wont return!
3. Freeing districts?: The description said that the city is under Templar rule. This could mean that we once again might be able to free the city district by district from Templar rule.
4. Renovation?: In a survey, ubi once asked if we want to be able to change how the city looks. Maybe this means that we can help rebuild the poor districts of industrial London.
5. Naval?: God I hope not.
6. Single city game?: Possibly the Brotherhood/Revelations system returns, where London is the only city you can explore. I really hope not.

In the same survey, they also asked if we want to be able to explore many more interiors. Maybe this means that we can explore more interiors. It also asked if we want to switch between protagonists/time periods in the same city. Maybe this could mean the Connor cameo people have been saying might occur in one of the games. London seems like a reasonable place for him to go. He knows about his Grandfather's work..maybe the storyline of the blood vials continues. Maybe Connor knows that he must go to London where his Grandfather was last, and follow in his footsteps in some quest? Who knows. We still don't know where those vials went.

Weapons: What weapons do you think would be in the game?

The obvious ones would be hidden blades, sword, and some pistols. It is likely that we will go back to having a max of two pistols, as it was only a "pirate" thing to carry up to 4.

What other weapons could return?

And lastly..what about the other game? Could the current gen one be the French Rev Connor game we are buzzing about? Could Esoesa have something to do with it?

What do you guys think? Let's all assume all these rumors about the London game are true. What do you think about things like returning and new features, stealth, combat, ect? I understand that there are likely other threads like this. But these are all just my thoughts. Participate if you want

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-25-2014, 04:50 PM
In the same survey, they also asked if we want to be able to explore many more interiors. Maybe this means that we can explore more interiors. It also asked if we want to switch between protagonists/time periods in the same city. Maybe this could mean the Connor cameo people have been saying might occur in one of the games. London seems like a reasonable place for him to go. He knows about his Grandfather's work..maybe the storyline of the blood vials continues. Maybe Connor knows that he must go to London where his Grandfather was last, and follow in his footsteps in some quest? Who knows. We still don't know where those vials went.

And lastly..what about the other game? Could the current gen one be the French Rev Connor game we are buzzing about? Could Esoesa have something to do with it?

Very true and logical four Connor to follow Haytham's footsteps considering the fact that he read his journey and now understands why his father was who he was…

For the French Rev… a BIG maybe. Maybe we can switch between playing Eseosa and Connor or something...

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Very true and logical four Connor to follow Haytham's footsteps considering the fact that he read his journey and now understands why his father was who he was…

For the French Rev… a BIG maybe. Maybe we can switch between playing Eseosa and Connor or something...

Maybe maybe.

Shame that such a great location and time period (and connor) would be wasted on last gen tech.

frodrigues55
02-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I supposed "Great Fall" was confirmed to be fake. And I'm not sure the press release is real - it does seem like a combination of various rumors/expectations from last year, which makes me a bit suspicious about it - but if it's true, here's what I think:

Time Period: The industrial revolution in London occurred between mid 18th century and early 19th century, ending in 1820-1840. "The closing years" of the revolution does not necessarily mean that it takes place in like 1840. AC4 was said upon announcement that it would take place during the "end of the golden age of piracy". The actually end of the golden age of piracy occurred around 1730, while the game took place over a decade before. So basically, this game could take place any time during the early 19th century.

I'm particulary excited! The architeture provides some interesting possibilities and the general feeling and ambience of London can create an awesome darker AC. I'm ready for an Assassin using darker clothes and a general setting which is darker and more misterious. Lot's of real night missions and stealth. That would be different, I think, and Ubisoft usually NAILS ambience, so I'm excited just by going with this ideia!

Combat: New and redesigned combat? Count me in!

MY GOD, please yes. I'm even fine with AC3's combat, which was fun and looked great. Anything other than Black Flag's jerky animations in general is welcome.

Stealth: When you think about it, the stealth mechanics in AC4 are very good. If they were just tweaking the mechanics a bit, it would hardly be worth saying it is "overhauled stealth". What more can they add to give it a "redesigned" status? Could we finally be looking at a crouching system, or perhaps a light/darkness based stealth system? Maybe they are finally redesigning the social stealth system? The possibilities are endless.

To be fair, stealth is AC4 is an improvement over AC3 but there's still a lot of room to grow from there, especially regarding detection. It just seem they can't find the right balance for some reason. AC3 was annoying because you killed someone in a rooftop and suddenly 30 guards on the street somehow saw it. It was never clear how far you could go.

But then, with AC4, immersion was totally ruined. You could engage in a fight with 4 guards next to other 10, and for some reason they never noticed you. Not to mention how stupid they were regarding finding you/quit looking for you. I hope these issues are adressed.

1. Seasons: In England, it is a definite possibility that seasons will occur again in the game. I loved the system in AC3, and welcome it back!

Perfect time for this! AC3's weather system combined with real AC cities and London's ambience in general - WIN.

3. Freeing districts?: The description said that the city is under Templar rule. This could mean that we once again might be able to free the city district by district from Templar rule.

I loved how AC3 did this, so I hope it's more like that and less like Brotherhood or Revelations. I'm ready for the Brotherhood system to return too!

5. Naval?: God I hope not.

Unless it's only for one specific mission or something, I don't want naval to be back either. AC4 was very good at that, so naval should stay there for those of us who wants to play with this system. That's always a possibility, as Black Flag's world is always on movement. So yeah, I'm fine with its end.

6. Single city game?: Possibly the Brotherhood/Revelations system returns, where London is the only city you can explore. I really hope not.

I hope not. :(

I'm not sure about Connor, but I wouldn't mind. It would be cool to see two protagonists working together too, as long as this doesn't mean CO OP! It doesn't even have to be complicated like GTA's system, something simples would do the trick. It's not necessary to me, though.

And having gameplay inside churches/castles like Ezio games is something I have been wanting back for a while!

Weapons: What weapons do you think would be in the game?

The obvious ones would be hidden blades, sword, and some pistols. It is likely that we will go back to having a max of two pistols, as it was only a "pirate" thing to carry up to 4.

I would like to have hidden blades as the main weapons back. Gameplay could take us to the blade where Assassin's are "a blade in the crowd" and nothing else. For general combat, I liked the darts from AC4 so I hope they come back. Also, smokebombs. Life savers, those have been.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 05:59 PM
How the hell can you get banned for swearing when there's an auto-censor? :confused:

Anyway, the Great Fall title was confirmed to be a hoax. The perpetrators admitted it. It looked wrong anyway, the typeface was all weird and the apostrophe was backward. I think the Industrial Revolution one is the real deal though.

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Because you called me an ******* ?

Back to the topic, I just want to see Napoleon's reign done justice one day.

I got banned for saying **** like once or twice in my thread about how the sound glitches in AC4 are STILL not fixed, like 3 weeks ago. I was reported by

Don't worry, the fact that your joy stems from harassing AdventureWoman has and never will be put to question again :)

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 07:01 PM
How the hell can you get banned for swearing when there's an auto-censor? :confused:

Anyway, the Great Fall title was confirmed to be a hoax. The perpetrators admitted it. It looked wrong anyway, the typeface was all weird and the apostrophe was backward. I think the Industrial Revolution one is the real deal though.

Aye, very possible.

I mean..SID tweeted it..so it HAS to be true lol

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 07:22 PM
She started all this, but I decided to just ignore her from now on... try at least. I didn't decide to hate on her arbitrarily. Just like Roosterrules2 hated on her too.

"SHE STARTED IT!!"

Grow up you baby. Regardless of who "started" it or not, YOU are the one who I always see picking on her for no reason. Whenever she posts something that has to do with the thread, you are always there to act like an attention neglected child.

Back on topic, do you have ANYTHING relevant to contribute to this thread? Because by all means, we would like to continue with the topic at hand

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Wolfmeister... Killzab... double-click on each others' usernames, and hit "Add to Ignore List." And while you're at it, Killzab, add Adventurewoman too.

Problem solved.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Welp, there goes another great thread, sacrificed by Killzab's hunger for attention.

:(

killzab
02-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Nothing's keeping you guys from continuing the thread.

And Assassin M is much worse when it comes to hunger for attention lol. Whenever the guy's back, the forums are all about him and what he says.

Wolfmeister1010
02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Nothing's keeping you guys from continuing the thread.

And Assassin M is much worse when it comes to hunger for attention lol. Whenever the guy's back, the forums are all about him and what he says.

Because he actually has good things to say lol

Black_Widow9
02-26-2014, 06:48 AM
I got banned for saying **** like once or twice in my thread about how the sound glitches in AC4 are STILL not fixed, like 3 weeks ago. I was reported by

Lets get something straight here. You don't get banned for using language once or twice in one thread unless its terrible. You do however get an Infraction. You need 3 of those for that kind of Forum Rule break to get banned. That's how it works for everyone. Trying to shame someone who didn't even do anything is not helping you out.

For everyone:
And one of the biggest things we DO NOT tolerate is the harassment that has been going on between members. I would suggest that all of you USE THE IGNORE BUTTON if you don't want to get banned or use the Reporting Function because its there for a reason! We don't always see everything but we do try.

Since the majority of posts here have nothing to do with the actual topic I'm closing it.