PDA

View Full Version : No more multiplayer.

Foyez5
02-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone,

This is just an opinion I've played every AC game possible, one of the things that i loved about the early games was that all of it focus was on the singleplayer, and for me that's what made it a great series and then they started to introduce it into AC Brotherhood. Since then it's been in nearly every other game since with the exception of AC Liberation HD. I was just thinking couldn't Ubisoft just release the multiplayer as a separate title? And then just concentrate on the game that way they can create the best possible singleplayer experience and keep it going via dlc and whatnot like Skyrim and Fallout series do. And also be able to iron out possible bugs that may appear which i'm sure many on here would attest to seeing on titles like AC3 and 4.

RinoTheBouncer
02-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I totally agree with you. A lot of us have no interest in multiplayer and others do like it so itís better to release it as a separate title so each game can get the attention it deserves without having to trim this for that sake of that.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 06:22 PM
I've brought up the idea of a separate "AC Online" release before, but I don't think it'll ever happen. The dedicated AC MP player base isn't big enough to justify a wholly separate title.

But I actually like AC MP, I just hate that it's interconnected with the SP (i.e. SP actions granting MP rewards, story content being stuck in MP, etc). I'd like an AC Online game in a constantly-evolving format, i.e. just keep releasing DLC and new content instead of scrapping the old stuff every year and adding more while tied to the SP game.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
I've brought up the idea of a separate "AC Online" release before, but I don't think it'll ever happen. The dedicated AC MP player base isn't big enough to justify a wholly separate title.

But I actually like AC MP, I just hate that it's interconnected with the SP (i.e. SP actions granting MP rewards, story content being stuck in MP, etc). I'd like an AC Online game in a constantly-evolving format, i.e. just keep releasing DLC and new content instead of scrapping the old stuff every year and adding more while tied to the SP game.

Agreed. Less emphasis during SP, please.

Sushiglutton
02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
I have never played the MP, but it doesn't really bother me either. It's a seperate team, I think its affect on SP is fairly limited.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:24 PM
I have never played the MP, but it doesn't really bother me either. It's a seperate team, I think its affect on SP is fairly limited.

The argument that it detracts focus from the SP is flawed, yes, but it's still true that story content is hidden within Abstergo files and the like that you have to grind through many MP levels to access. I don't particularly care about the modern story anymore, but putting story content like that inside MP is a bad thing.

Sushiglutton
02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
The argument that it detracts focus from the SP is flawed, yes, but it's still true that story content is hidden within Abstergo files and the like that you have to grind through many MP levels to access. I don't particularly care about the modern story anymore, but putting story content like that inside MP is a bad thing.

Ah I wasn't even aware of this. I gave up on modern day after AC:R, so yeah it doesn't really matter to me. Now it has been reduced to some context that the fans are supposed to write on Initiates or something.