PDA

View Full Version : AC4BF - XBOX360 Controller on PC some Problems

ibng
02-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Hey Guys, i'm having some troubles with my XBOX 360 (wireless) controller and this game.

After some time Edward begins to move very slowly forwards or backwards. It's also noticeable on the map. Only the left analog stick has the problem, right one is fine.
It never changes direction during one 'session'.
Problem occurs every 5 to 10 minutes and will only stop if i take out the batteries from my controller. If i reconnect everything is fine for the next 5 to 10 minutes.

Currently running Win8.1 Pro, GTX760, PhenomII BE955, 8Gig RAM, Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3. (But i doubt it has anything to do with the hard- or software asides AC4 and the controller itself.)

Other games work fine for me.
But of course i tried fresh batteries and using another USB-Port for the receiver.

So is anyone else having this Problem or is it just me? Is there a solution?

Google doesn't seem to know anything about this.
There were however some threads about Dirt2 and some NFS titles which had similar difficulties, but no one seems to have a solution.

YazX_
02-25-2014, 11:05 AM
well i'm also on Win 8.1 pro and tested this just now and it seems fine, try to turn on your controller after launching the game and loading your save. when you press any button on it, the game should switch the input to the controller.

rcole_sooner
02-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Mine seems to get a little forward or backward drift from time to time ... usually upon opening a new sequence or on respawns ... but it is very slight and does not seem to affect game play ... I even think it goes away after a little moving ... but really I don't ever set still long enough to know for sure.

ibng
02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
try to turn on your controller after launching the game and loading your save.

That does the trick, thanks mate! :cool:

YazX_
02-27-2014, 04:22 PM
That does the trick, thanks mate! :cool:

np, glad it solved your problem.