PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed V.... Opinion on the leaks

Radman500
02-25-2014, 05:22 AM
Assassins Creed V will most likely
be announced in the upcoming days, and their have been quite a few possible leaks of the locations

The leak that seems like its the most "legit" one is the Victorian London/Samuel Fey leak.....reasons is ubisoft had the person who leaked it delete it, and it was the most detailed one, press release and everything

the other one is the russian one, although i think in the last few hours its been debunked..but their was supposelly a video about the next AC being subtitled "Great Fall" and there was theories of Russia and even a famous French battle as well.. the twitter for the facebook game, also posted a tweet, coordinates of a location in Russia, but that was most likely for the storyline in the facebook game instead of AC5

either of these could possibly be it or not as well.. Japan has been debunked by Raymond and Egypt might have some possibility...but imo i think the victorian london one is the legit one.....

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 05:38 AM
The Great Fall thing was confirmed by the perpetrators to be a hoax.

The Victorian one sounds pretty legit though... I mean, I'm always hesitant to jump on board with a leak with no sources, but this was the exact same manner in which AC4 was leaked. I'm willing to take a leap of faith, as it were.

RagingDragon14
02-25-2014, 07:01 AM
So this is kind of an unorthodox neither response. I've heard a bunch of rumors about how we're supposed to get two console AC games this year--one for current gen and one for last gen.

Going by that, I think Ubisoft might recreate Haytham's revenge story from the Forsaken novel for the last gen console game.

Meanwhile, I am hoping that they have something truly revolutionary up there sleeves. And by that I mean something along the lines of a late Victorian era England (bring on dat automatic gunplay), an Opium Wars China (dat reworked h2h combat system doe), or Bolshevik Revolution era Russia (Nikolai Orelov and that snow, heaps and heaps of glorious snow).

With Victorian England, Ubisoft would need to completely rework several of their key mechanics, the most pressing concern being the combat. They'd have to figure out a way to integrate automatic guns into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I'd also prefer if they'd reworked the social stealth mechanisms. Since Victorian London is characterized as foggy and gloomy, maybe have a moving cloud of smog/fog that moves around London in the vein of a mobile hiding spot. In addition, hay bales would probably have to become trash heaps (ewwww) :p. I'd also want the game to compete on graphical fidelity with Ready at Dawn's The Order 1886, but that's a personal preference.

With Opium Wars China, Ubisoft would have something completely unique and revolutionary on their hands. The unique environment and reworked combat (Kung Fu anybody?) would be the biggest part of this.

With Bolshevik Era Russia, we already have a pretty darn good story in place in the form of Russian assassin Nikolai Orelov. So this would be more so Ubisoft flexing their graphical muscle with snow effects, and creating a new combat system to incorporate automatic weaponry.

alekiratu
02-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Great Fall

This is proven to be a hoax. (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30459-713505-1-0-1-0-ac-great-fall-c-etait-nous.htm) Who said it was Russia though? Darby McDevitt has confirmed it won't be Russia:

Question: Barlog06: Is there a chance that one of future Assassin's Creed games will take place in Russia? I know that we have comic books and I enjoyed them a lot. But game is something different! And Saint Petersburg is an amazing city, you can come here and watch it yourself) It will be awesome to climb on some Saint Petersburg buildings. It will be as cool as Venezia.
Answer: This would be cool. I have a friend from St. Petersburg and she talks fondly of it. However, we already did Orelov's story in the comic books, so we would be unlikely to go there with a game so soon after. But maybe one day!

Source: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/3904/page/15

Samuel Fey

There were errors in the press release a company like Ubisoft shouldn't make e.g

Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures.

should be "respected."

Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise

should be "...a turning point..."

So best guess is this is fake.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:13 AM
So this is kind of an unorthodox neither response. I've heard a bunch of rumors about how we're supposed to get two console AC games this year--one for current gen and one for last gen.

Going by that, I think Ubisoft might recreate Haytham's revenge story from the Forsaken novel for the last gen console game.

Meanwhile, I am hoping that they have something truly revolutionary up there sleeves. And by that I mean something along the lines of a late Victorian era England (bring on dat automatic gunplay), an Opium Wars China (dat reworked h2h combat system doe), or Bolshevik Revolution era Russia (Nikolai Orelov and that snow, heaps and heaps of glorious snow).

With Victorian England, Ubisoft would need to completely rework several of their key mechanics, the most pressing concern being the combat. They'd have to figure out a way to integrate automatic guns into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I'd also prefer if they'd reworked the social stealth mechanisms. Since Victorian London is characterized as foggy and gloomy, maybe have a moving cloud of smog/fog that moves around London in the vein of a mobile hiding spot. In addition, hay bales would probably have to become trash heaps (ewwww) :p. I'd also want the game to compete on graphical fidelity with Ready at Dawn's The Order 1886, but that's a personal preference.

With Opium Wars China, Ubisoft would have something completely unique and revolutionary on their hands. The unique environment and reworked combat (Kung Fu anybody?) would be the biggest part of this.

With Bolshevik Era Russia, we already have a pretty darn good story in place in the form of Russian assassin Nikolai Orelov. So this would be more so Ubisoft flexing their graphical muscle with snow effects, and creating a new combat system to incorporate automatic weaponry.

Believe me, I'd love a Russian game as well, but I would never want it to be a retread of Nikolai's story. We've already seen basically all there is to be seen about him. There are plenty of other periods in Russian history that would make great games though... How about the Time of Troubles?

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:14 AM
Samuel Fey

There were errors in the press release a company like Ubisoft shouldn't make e.g

should be "respected."

should be "...a turning point..."

So best guess is this is fake.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything in and of itself. It could be fake, don't get me wrong, or it could just be typos, or maybe it was merely badly transcribed. Remember the leak last year that listed Black Flags (with an S)?

Plus, "the" turning point isn't necessarily a mistake... They did say AC was undergoing a massive rescope, after all.

alekiratu
02-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Plus, "the" turning point isn't necessarily a mistake... They did say AC was undergoing a massive rescope, after all.

Yeah, you could be right but I think Black Flag felt different enough to qualify as a turning point.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Yeah, you could be right but I think Black Flag felt different enough to qualify as a turning point.

Maybe this next game is a total overhaul though :D AC4 relied heavily on AC3's mechanics and brought back a lot of classic AC stuff, but perhaps AC5 is going to be THE turning point we've been waiting for.

I can dream, can't I?

pacmanate
02-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Vikings. They will probably reuse Naval.

Escappa
02-25-2014, 08:24 AM
I both hope and belive that AC:V comes out to both new and old gen, since most people still has the old gen which means more money for Ubi.

alekiratu
02-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Vikings. They will probably reuse Naval.

Naval has been confirmed to be not coming back.

And Vikings used longships which did not have cannons. Unless naval battle consists of spotting another ship, racing for land, fighting on land and then returning back to the ship, I don't think they will do this.

Hans684
02-25-2014, 01:37 PM
According to this post Assassin's Creed 5 will be set in Victorian London towards the end of the Industrial Revolution and the protagonist is a guy called Samuel Fey.
Apparently it's been in production for almost 3 years and will be released on November the 4th.
http://vittoria-agli-assassini.tumblr.com/tagged/Assassin's-Creed-V

Compared to every other rumor this sound believable.

"Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier."

The next AC is under development at Ubisoft Toronto as said by Jade, and as usual we have Ubisoft Motreal. Neither of the support Ubisoft studios mention is Ubisoft Singapore who did the naval gameplay. And if true naval is not gonna be in this game. Then we have the usual 3 year cycle and it is called Assassin's Creed V and not Assassin's Creed: Great Fall since there will be a new protagonist, that usually mean new number.

"Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014."

There is the rumor of two games and acording to this AC V is on next gen and PC. And the relsease date is in November, 2014. It usually is October or November. Meaning there is one more unknown game if the two game rumor is true.

"In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution in Victorian London"

Jade's favorite historical era if this is true and it's not Connor in the French Revelution.

"Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon."

New next gen Anvil engine, AnvilX made for the major rescope Ubisoft has talked about.

"Assassin’s Creed V can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/AC5"

The fact that there is a link to Ubishop that leads to ACV, but it does not work right now. Most likely becouse it's not officialy announced, if true.

"PUB::04MAR[03]2014//1600en-press-ubisoftgroup

Ubisoft® Uncloak An All-New Era With Assassin’s Creed® V
Paris, France - 04 Mar 2014"

The Best Buy employe mentioned March 4, sure everything else was a joke but this seems to be the only true thing he mentioned and it's a press release like the leak for ACIVBF.

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1yrefm/a_most_likely_fake_ac5_press_release_i_found_on/

Another working link. Personally I think the press release is legit. And for the record ACIVBF had the same leak, that leak turned out to be true.

http://pastebin.com/rqrMXgkW

^The Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag press release.

My reasons on why i think it's legit based on what they Ubisoft has said.

Sushiglutton
02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
The Great Fall thing was confirmed by the perpetrators to be a hoax.

The Victorian one sounds pretty legit though... I mean, I'm always hesitant to jump on board with a leak with no sources, but this was the exact same manner in which AC4 was leaked. I'm willing to take a leap of faith, as it were.

I'm the opposite, I believe in all theories until they are proven false, it's more fun :D. I haven't done that great so far though lol.

killzab
02-25-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm the opposite, I believe in all theories until they are proven false, it's more fun :D. I haven't done that great so far though lol.

I agree, it's much more fun this way.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I always toy with the idea of whatever "leak" appears, but I don't like to get myself too hyped up for them unless they're for sure the real deal.

Will_Lucky
02-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I always toy with the idea of whatever "leak" appears, but I don't like to get myself too hyped up for them unless they're for sure the real deal.

Too many of them have been right to ignore.

I still stand by the two games theory, last gen game in England and current gen game in China.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Too many of them have been right to ignore.

I still stand by the two games theory, last gen game in England and current gen game in China.

Well of course there's going to be at least one theory proven correct, but my point is that there are always like half a dozen "leaks" every year, and I don't want to get hyped up about any particular one of them for fear that another one will prove to be the correct one. Example; I don't want to get excited for an Industrial Revolution game, because it might turn out that the French "leak" is true.

As for one being past gen and one being current, I could go with that theory, but the past gen one will almost certainly be cross-gen just like AC4. It won't be exclusive to dead consoles :p

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Wants a Connor game, but likely isn't going to get one... :(
Victorian London sounds cool, though I'd prefer something that goes back a couple of centuries. :-P

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 07:15 PM
lol

Someone voted on the ''Great Fall''

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 07:21 PM
lol

Someone voted on the ''Great Fall''

Heh. Maybe they know something we don't ;) Maybe they trolled us with the title first, then trolled us by saying it was fake, now they're planning on trolling us again by proving it's actually real.

TROLLCEPTION

rcole_sooner
02-25-2014, 07:24 PM
I voted neither ... I am still thinking ... hoping for India/Egypt/Africa areas ... I am new to this series so that is about as wild a guess as it gets ... still I am hopelessly hooked now ... so I'll play what they put out. :p

Roxx83
02-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Victorian London would be awesome. A foggy atmosphere. Jack the Reaper theme. I hope they go with that

Radman500
02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
I voted neither ... I am still thinking ... hoping for India/Egypt/Africa areas ... I am new to this series so that is about as wild a guess as it gets ... still I am hopelessly hooked now ... so I'll play what they put out. :p
you hate London?

rcole_sooner
02-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Mmmmm ... no ... just like warmer and sunnier places is all ... which is why I was so attracted to try AC4BF ... and it succeeded in hitting all my like buttons. :cool:

Dome500
02-25-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking Victorian England.

But then again, it could be anything....

IWGCJoeCool
02-26-2014, 01:22 AM
i dunno, seems like we should be expecting further on Connor, and the French Revolution is 1789 and on for nearly a decade. for Victorian England you gotta get to 1837, but Connor wouldnt be more than a ceremonial Mentor at that age. i get chills thinking about a game set somewhere around 1890, still Victorian, but the "other city" would have to be Paris, and the Eifel built in 1789 for the most iconic Leap O' ever.

two more weeks and we'll know something i think

Dome500
02-26-2014, 01:30 AM
two more weeks and we'll know something i think

Maybe only 1 or 2 more days according to other sources.

The theory is that it comes around that time because the last 2 or 3 announcements (in the last 2/3 years) came in the 9th week of the year, which is exactly this week.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Maybe only 1 or 2 more days according to other sources.

The theory is that it comes around that time because the last 2 or 3 announcements (in the last 2/3 years) came in the 9th week of the year, which is exactly this week.

The ninth Thursday, to be precise ;)

But we could get real, undeniable leaks before then. I believe that's how it happened with AC4.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 01:47 AM
The ninth Thursday, to be precise ;)

But we could get real, undeniable leaks before then. I believe that's how it happened with AC4.

With emphasis on could. I'm very surprised there is no "real, solid" leak by now actually.....

LoyalACFan
02-26-2014, 01:54 AM
With emphasis on could. I'm very surprised there is no "real, solid" leak by now actually.....

Well, assuming the London thing is real, we got the press release and the poster within 24 hours of each other from two separate sources. It's only a matter of hours, really, before the cover art leaks and we'll all know once and for all.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Well, assuming the London thing is real, we got the press release and the poster within 24 hours of each other from two separate sources. It's only a matter of hours, really, before the cover art leaks and we'll all know once and for all.

Oh please let it happen before I go to bed (late here in Europe)

MasterAssasin84
02-26-2014, 02:35 AM
To be completely honest all these predictions could prove well off to what we have been discussing ! i mean i have to be fair when AC3 was announced i did not see North America coming !! AC4 now i knew about Edward Kenway from the forsaken novel but the caribbean and piracy was came from no were ! if you ask me i would be inclined to say that there is a good chance that we are all clutching at straws and UBI could completely shock us !

LoyalACFan
02-26-2014, 02:37 AM
To be completely honest all these predictions could prove well off to what we have been discussing ! i mean i have to be fair when AC3 was announced i did not see North America coming !! AC4 now i knew about Edward Kenway from the forsaken novel but the caribbean and piracy was came from no were ! if you ask me i would be inclined to say that there is a good chance that we are all clutching at straws and UBI could completely shock us !

Industrial Revolution actually is pretty shocking TBH, but leaks have got nothing to do with shock value. AC3 and AC4 both leaked.