PDA

View Full Version : DLC 2/25 "The Doors"

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 05:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaU1DFfTtw

The Doors Song Pack - $7.99

The Doors "Light My Fire" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB_u-to-IE) (E Standard: A425)
The Doors "Riders on the Storm" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DED812HKWyM) (No Rhythm)
The Doors "Roadhouse Blues" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEMd1SdkAE) (No Rhythm)

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-225-doors/

dm_gsxr
02-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Only three? Still good though. It'll be interesting to see how Riders goes though.

Thanks.

Carl

MoldyRhyme94061
02-25-2014, 05:11 AM
3 good songs but I'm really disappointed it's only a 3 pack. I thought for sure we would get 5. These should be fun to play. Thanks for posting the list.

CaliCasey
02-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Ahhh, only 3. Those are some good choices though, definitely satisfied. Thanks for the info.

eevilways
02-25-2014, 05:32 AM
Disappointing it's only 3 songs. Seems to becoming a pattern where the classic rock bands I like are getting 3 packs while the bands I have no interest in grabbing are getting 5 hehe. I shall have to do my best to enjoy these an extra amount because of that! :)

BazzTard61
02-25-2014, 05:36 AM
only 3 songs is a tad disappointing, but the three are CLASSICS !

this from the riffrepeater: Also be prepared to play the excellent organ intro to Light My Fire on your six string axe.SWEEEEEEET

thxphotog
02-25-2014, 05:41 AM
Wonder if 'Light My Fire' will be massively edited. The iconic keyboard section throughout the middle is LONG but an essential part of the song. Dreaming to think some of it if left would be transcribed for guitar.

Regardless, these are three of the five from my wishlist so I can't complain at all. Can't wait!

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Wonder if 'Light My Fire' will be massively edited. The iconic keyboard section throughout the middle is LONG but an essential part of the song. Dreaming to think some of it if left would be transcribed for guitar.

Regardless, these are three of the five from my wishlist so I can't complain at all. Can't wait!

I hope you like playing the same chord change over and over lol

MoldyRhyme94061
02-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Yeah I'm glad we got the Doors at all. These songs are a great addition to the library. I guess I gotta think about it as 3 songs by the Doors are better than none. Can't wait to play them.

thxphotog
02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
I hope you like playing the same chord change over and over lol

Although as I mentioned I'm not gonna complain (much) and some Doors is better than none, but the lack of L.A. Woman is a real disappointment as it has so very many cool little riffs throughout.

thxphotog
02-25-2014, 05:57 AM
Yeah I'm glad we got the Doors at all. These songs are a great addition to the library. I guess I gotta think about it as 3 songs by the Doors are better than none. Can't wait to play them.

Jeez, you beat me to my post by moments!! :-)

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Although as I mentioned I'm not gonna complain (much) and some Doors is better than none, but the lack of L.A. Woman is a real disappointment as it has so very many cool little riffs throughout.

agreed.

SeattleSauve
02-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Roadhouse blues sounds like it has some fun guitar. I'm glad light my fire has some of the keys charted to guitar, but bummed it's in an off-standard E tuning - I'm getting lazy when it comes to the non-standard E tunings :)

MAng0r3
02-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Awesome! All excellent additions to DLC. Almost jam tracks!!! Tx Ubi

this from the riffrepeater: Also be prepared to play the excellent organ intro to Light My Fire on your six string axe.SWEEEEEEET

Any worthy tabs ever done for this song has always had that organ/guitar intro and i'm pretty sure Krieger was playing it too anyway. Indeed a great intro!

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Awesome! All excellent additions to DLC. Almost jam tracks!!! Tx Ubi

Any worthy tabs ever done for this song has always had that organ/guitar intro and i'm pretty sure Krieger was playing it too anyway. Indeed a great intro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MifWlrkEBD4

Is there a video of him playing it live?

tjdrico
02-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Boooooo! Hasn't got the one song I wanted. Booooo, I say!

Might still get one or two of these if the bass videos make them look fun to play.

CaliCasey
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM
It's been tossed around before. A second Green Day pack, a desperately needed 2nd Kiss pack, and while this has certainly satisfied my appetite for The Doors a second pack would be awesome (and not far fetched seeing that Rock Band had so many Doors songs) how likely do you think it is that we'll see a second pack from any artist? Are we purely speculating or is there a grain of truth to the idea that maybe.....just maybe we'll see some double dips from big artists?

Moodyblues57
02-25-2014, 04:45 PM
This news of the Doors DLC is solid, man. Right on! Sorry, I'll try to contain my exuberance. I am hard-pressed to think of another band's songs being made available on Rocksmith that would have made me any happier than these, other than a Moody Blues pack. :cool:

On the other hand, after splurging last weekend on Rocksmith (1) and so many songs, maybe I should have hoped for another DLC release of songs from a band of which I never heard. :p

guitarman529
02-25-2014, 05:02 PM
This is a complete pack for me as soon as I get home. I can't wait to dive into Light My Fire. along with the BF DLC I will be getting. This will be one expensive Tuesday.

MAng0r3
02-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Is there a video of him playing it live?

I saw and heard him doing it ;)Manzarek wasn't there tough.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/WARP10_9Qc/Ubisoft forums/20140225_120925.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/WARP10_9Qc/media/Ubisoft forums/20140225_120925.jpg.html)

craigysa
02-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Arrived home and waiting .... tick-tock, tick-tock :D

serphim7
02-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Downloaded it and after a quick first look I can say that this is going to take me a long while... Those are some hard songs

Steamroller52
02-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Not a Doors fan at all, but after watching Marty have a little fun with Roadhouse Blues, I'll definitely be picking this one up. Funny that he put little still frame images from the Patrick Swayze movie Roadhouse in his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7Qp-7WKHM

CrazedRacer
02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Not a Doors fan, but I always give the songs a chance with a listen. Still not a Doors fan. Pass this week. Of course, next week will be something from the 90's or newer, so I'll be out again. Maybe something interesting in 2 weeks. I worked a long time on Mary Jane's Last Dance last night. Trying to get that down really well, so I don't really need any new songs.

kantalarski
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM
In my opinion the best dlc this year so far. Got the package - played Riders and Roadhouse twice - they are awesome tracks. I'd say difficulty is medium.

Wodashin
02-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I think it's really cool that they got The Doors, and I'm happy for the people excited to pick this up. Not my cup of tea in terms of playing, though.

This is kind of how I've felt for a good number of DLCs. I haven't bought any since Iron Maiden, and am a little disappointed with the DLC so far. Band packs are cool and all, but having all DLC being band packs has completely eliminated the ability to appeal to multiple groups at the same time. There just hasn't been anything difficult enough to warrant a purchase from me aside from the first week, but the original Rocksmith had DLCs where you could have something like No Rain and Cliffs of Dover in the same pack. Oh well.

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 09:25 PM
I think it's really cool that they got The Doors, and I'm happy for the people excited to pick this up. Not my cup of tea in terms of playing, though.

This is kind of how I've felt for a good number of DLCs. I haven't bought any since Iron Maiden, and am a little disappointed with the DLC so far. Band packs are cool and all, but having all DLC being band packs has completely eliminated the ability to appeal to multiple groups at the same time. There just hasn't been anything difficult enough to warrant a purchase from me aside from the first week, but the original Rocksmith had DLCs where you could have something like No Rain and Cliffs of Dover in the same pack. Oh well.

Solution: Japanese DLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFEK9Ssl0nc

serphim7
02-25-2014, 09:40 PM

Holy Crap, is that normal speed???
That is ridiculous!!!

fjonk78
02-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Played the songs through on bass. Talk about repetitive!

The solos in Light my Fire and Riders on the Storm go on forever and you're playing the same pattern for 4 minutes on each. And Roadhouse Blues is one riff for the whole song.
Still, this aside they are somewhat fun to play, and there is a bit of substance to the bass lines which could mean it will take some people a while to learn/ master them.
I'm off to practice the guitar parts which sounds much more challenging/ interesting!

tjdrico
02-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Played the songs through on bass. Talk about repetitive!

Sounds like I'm out!

Wodashin
02-26-2014, 12:02 AM

Holy crap, awesome. I should pay more attention to the Japanese releases it seems.

Femacejo
02-26-2014, 12:57 AM
WOW . . . this is the first time I saw the video for Death Mental - Golden Bomber.

I bet the folks who had to enter each note of the song into the game had to take a week off work
after it was completed just to decompress.

In other news. . .. I just love that Doors 3-Pack.

Thanks Ubi.

Three_Five_One
02-26-2014, 04:54 AM
Man I feel bad for bassists this week. I just played Light my Fire on bass, and during the organ/guitar solo, you play the same 6 notes over and over for like 5 minutes.

BazzTard61
02-26-2014, 05:05 AM
i could have told you the bass is repetitive, it was written to be played by one hand on a keyboard.

no decent bass player would have written the bass to Roadhouse Blues...

this will be a first for me, buying the pack for the guitar parts hehe,

MAng0r3
02-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Nice song! Shredder's dream!

Bluesman25
02-26-2014, 06:06 AM
I was really hoping for "Love you two times". That has a cool guitar riff. Might get "Roadhouse blues". I'll have a look at the chart first.

daddy_felix
02-26-2014, 03:32 PM
It's available on eu psn :)

RokDog007
02-26-2014, 03:50 PM
I got Roadhouse Blues
as to my ears the other 2 songs just seem to droan on & on,

zaxcv4321
02-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I got Roadhouse Blues
as to my ears the other 2 songs just seem to droan on & on,

The Doors was always one of those bands that I didn't enjoy listening to, but appreciated. I guess that I always understood why people liked them, but they just didn't fit my style.
Regardless, I got Roadhouse and Riders, if only because it is from my generation. I need to get a better substance to fluff ratio for NONSTOP PLAY.

cungar1001
02-26-2014, 09:26 PM
In what world is the Light MY Fire Rhythm part "rhythm guitar"?

Even on the low level it's nothing but single notes for 95% of the song.

cungar1001
02-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Man I feel bad for bassists this week. I just played Light my Fire on bass, and during the organ/guitar solo, you play the same 6 notes over and over for like 5 minutes.

Same with Riders on the Storm

BazzTard61
02-27-2014, 03:34 AM
i stopped about a minute into the solo.

i knew the basslines wouldn't be the best,

a bit silly releasing a keyboard based band for guitar and bass.

reminds me of a guitar duo that used to play at our pub, they played Piano Man lol funny as anything.

fjonk78
02-27-2014, 03:17 PM
i stopped about a minute into the solo.

i knew the basslines wouldn't be the best,

a bit silly releasing a keyboard based band for guitar and bass.

reminds me of a guitar duo that used to play at our pub, they played Piano Man lol funny as anything.

Well two out of the three songs have bass lines played by bass players, and there's arguably some real bass on Light my Fire also.
As Light my Fire and Riders on the Storm were originally played on a keyboard they make for interesting playing on bass - I think they're certainly quite unusual.

I think Roadhouse Blues is a pure guitar song, while the other two have interesting enough solos to keep you occupied.

Piano Man would be silly on guitar though. So you play the mandolin part?

Jack Edison
02-28-2014, 02:10 AM
I just tried "Roadhouse Blues" it was really fun.

Tomorrow morning I will try waking up and getting myself a beer. We'll see how it goes.

BazzTard61
02-28-2014, 04:11 AM
I just tried "Riders on the Storm," it was really fun.

Tomorrow morning I will try waking up and getting myself a beer. We'll see how it goes.

saw a tv chef add beer to his batter and say "Beer, not just a breakfast drink" lol

breakfast of champions !