PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - Milked Dry

UltimaBurnie
02-25-2014, 04:52 AM
I am a very big fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I just finished off the AC3. However, I am disappointed in what I have read and watched about the direction of the series. You're going to make a third game that has sailing, second one that revolves around it? Really? Maybe, it's time you head for the docks. Continuing to make them is one thing, but to repeat the Naval approach again is just unimaginative and lazy. Maybe, take some time off from it or close out the series. It's not Final Fantasy. There isn't enough diversity available to make them forever.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 05:07 AM
First of all, lol @ Final Fantasy not being milked.

But where did you get the impression that there's going to be a third game where naval combat is a focus?

RzaRecta357
02-25-2014, 05:10 AM
I think hes just bad at typing and meant AC3 and then IV.

Either way, hes upset about AC2's ending. Most of us felt something there. When he experiences ACIV his tune will change back.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 05:13 AM
I think hes just bad at typing and meant AC3 and then IV.

Either way, hes upset about AC2's ending. Most of us felt something there. When he experiences ACIV his tune will change back.

He said the third game with naval though, and the second that revolves around it. Surely nobody would think AC3 revolves around naval, or that Ezio getting off a boat in Revelations counts as "naval content?"

RzaRecta357
02-25-2014, 05:18 AM
He said the third game with naval though, and the second that revolves around it. Surely nobody would think AC3 revolves around naval, or that Ezio getting off a boat in Revelations counts as "naval content?"

Opps I meant AC3s ending obviously..

and the way he worded it..

He says you make one game with sailing and a second one revolving around it.

I really think he means AC3/AC4 and is terrible at typing.

RinoTheBouncer
02-25-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree with you that AC is being milked dry. AC is a very story-driven game, or lets say ďwasĒ up until ACIV. Each part continued the otherís extremely shocking and exciting cliffhanger ending and thatís how annual releases made sense. Now, this feeling is gone. The game plot is being turned to a context, an excuse for historical tourism. No more the exciting and connected stories and thereís no more evolution in the general plot. Itís just one game after the other aiming to show us a historical setting and some known figures and sticking the ďAssassinĒ and ďTemplarĒ label on some mainstream factions.

I donít feel the excitement that I had for ACII, ACB, ACR and ACIII. I know this could be a personal taste but Iím saying that the game is getting out of itís original style and focusing on something self-contained and it isnít good. This isnít Final Fantasy where each story is a standalone one. This is AC which got us used to the feeling of connectivity between games. You canít just erase present dayís role and just give us a standalone historical adventure only aiming to hunt virtual bad guys.

I hope you think twice about your decisions, Ubisoft.
Donít lose the beautiful image that you built.