PDA

View Full Version : so i looked up the surname "Fey"

Radman500
02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
if this Samuel Fey is the next main character for assassins creed 5...then it seems like we will most likely be playing as either a German or Irish immigrant that comes to London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey_(name)

Radman500
02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
what do you guys think

STDlyMcStudpants
02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
if this Samuel Fey is the next main character for assassins creed 5...then it seems like we will most likely be playing as either a German or Irish immigrant that comes to London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey_(name)

Theres no way we will play
a guy named samuel fey (maybe modern day protagonist)
But that name is weak sauce

Radman500
02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
its the rumored leak

Fatal-Feit
02-24-2014, 08:37 PM

''Fey'' is a badass name.

''Samuel'' will grow on us, just like Edward.

adventurewomen
02-24-2014, 09:06 PM
''Fey'' is a badass name.
Indeed it is! I always like Tina Fey because of her last name. LOL :D

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Next protagonist confirmed

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bf0a0666eda338f3f48ab98cc4b7eed2/tumblr_mmlueqouub1qd10pyo1_500.gif

adventurewomen
02-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Next protagonist confirmed

Http://24.media.tumblr.com/bf0a0666eda338f3f48ab98cc4b7eed2/tumblr_mmlueqouub1qd10pyo1_500.gif
Yup!! Tina Fey is badass! :cool:

Radman500
02-24-2014, 09:47 PM
so samuel fey is irish?

Dome500
02-24-2014, 09:55 PM
I like the name Samuel.
It somehow sounds old and wise.
I'm sure we play a youngster again, but maybe his personality fits the name.

Samuel is a nice name.

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 09:59 PM
I like the name Samuel.

Samuel is a nice name.

Apparently he's got kids though, according to what I heard, so maybe he's not as young as you think. It'd be a nice change of pace, in any case, playing as a father figure. Getting a bit tired of playing as all these young whippersnappers ;)

ACfan443
02-24-2014, 10:00 PM
I like the name Samuel.

Samuel is a nice name.

Sounds boring imo. Come to think of it, they haven't been very imaginative with the protagonists' first names since the Ezio saga (barring Connor's Native American name).

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Sounds boring imo. Come to think of it, they haven't been very imaginative with the protagonists' first names since the Ezio saga (barring Connor's Native American name).

Haytham...?

ACfan443
02-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Haytham...?

Was Haytham a protagonist?

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Was Haytham a protagonist?

For the first 1/4 of the game, yeah. I just thought it was funny that you made it sound like there's been so many boring names since AC3, and there's only been one new character since then.

Personally, I think Samuel Fey is a lot cooler than Edward Kenway, but that's just me. Plus, they can't make the names too exotic anymore since they've gotten a lot closer to modernity and it would be harder to accept a protagonist with a weird anachronistic name. A British dude named Haytham was strange enough.

ACfan443
02-24-2014, 10:07 PM
For the first 1/4 of the game, yeah.

Not the main protagonist, which is what I meant.

Also, Connor, Edward and Samuel (if that is in fact the upcoming protagonist's name) are all names I find boring.

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Not the main protagonist, which is what I meant.

I edited while you were typing :p

Radman500
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Samuel is a father, and suppose to be a successful buisnessman from what i heard

so maybe he is older,like in his mid 40s or something, around ezio age in revelations

ACfan443
02-24-2014, 10:28 PM
I edited while you were typing :p

Yeah, the list of 'boring' names just seem to be adding up when you throw Samuel into the mix, that's three names now that I (personally) find unimaginative. Starts to seem like a lot when you consider the only (again, imo) names which sounded badass were the first two.

MasterAssasin84
02-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Jade Raymond was quoted saying Assassins Creed V will be set during her favourite historical era ?

If someone can find out exactly what that is then its safe to say we pretty much know were the next instalment is going :D

Anyone i would be quite upset if London is the next setting ! i live in London and believe me its nothing to shout about .

Dome500
02-24-2014, 10:31 PM

That's because the name has to be elegant and fit for most people around the world, and because the name should a little bit reflect the origin and personality of the character.
It's hard to find names which are neutral enough to be liked or at least accepted by most people.

And neutral names are boring names...

But they are more universally identifiable.

If someone can find out exactly what that is then its safe to say we pretty much know were the next instalment is going

If someone would know that no one here would be speculating.

Anyone i would be quite upset if London is the next setting ! i live in London and believe me its nothing to shout about

No one says it has to be London. But I like an English setting in general.
Wouldn't it be interesting for you and wouldn't you feel, at least a little bit, proud to have the next AC play in your country?

Anyway, I can understand if some people find it boring to play in their own country. Though I think England would be interesting non the less.

frodrigues55
02-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Samuel is a father, and suppose to be a successful buisnessman from what i heard

so maybe he is older,like in his mid 40s or something, around ezio age in revelations

Ay, I hope not. :nonchalance:

I wouldn't mind if they got back to showing different ages of the protagonists, though.

Radman500
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
yeah im thinking this is the legit leak...

Rest well Edward Kenway

Enter Samuel Fey

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Jade Raymond was quoted saying Assassins Creed V will be set during her favourite historical era ?

If someone can find out exactly what that is then its safe to say we pretty much know were the next instalment is going :D

Yeah, I remember reading that she said thatů heavy research mode activated!

Consus_E
02-25-2014, 06:18 AM
http://media.avclub.com/images/408/408694/16x9/627.jpg?2957
The protagonist of AC5

RagingDragon14
02-25-2014, 06:30 AM
This is what I would want the story synopsis to be.

Samuel Fey isn't born into wealth. He's born into poverty. An immigrant boy from Germany, whose parents died at a young age. Fey grows up as an orphan on the streets of London/Manchester/Liverpool midst the socioeconomic crises of the Industrial Revolution. He works hard and manages to become a rich man. Nevertheless he still identifies with the poor and becomes an advocate for workers' rights and such. Threatened by his presence, the wealthy capitalists of England (Templars) forge documents and bribe politicians to seize Fey's property and enterprises, and they send Templar agents to kill him. Fey barely escapes the attempt on his life, and the attackers burn down his home. Once again, Fey is left a poor man. He fends for his family on the streets of London (perhaps his children die). Livid at the corruption and cruelty of the businessmen and politicians, Samuel Fey vows to free England from their oppressive grip. It is during his time on the streets that he happens upon the Assassins. The Assassin Order helps Fey channel his rage and Fey decides to take justice into his own hands.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 06:37 AM
This is what I would want the story synopsis to be.

Samuel Fey isn't born into wealth. He's born into poverty. An immigrant boy from Germany, whose parents died at a young age. Fey grows up as an orphan on the streets of London/Manchester/Liverpool midst the socioeconomic crises of the Industrial Revolution. He works hard and manages to become a rich man. Nevertheless he still identifies with the poor and becomes an advocate for workers' rights and such. Threatened by his presence, the wealthy capitalists of England (Templars) forge documents and bribe politicians to seize Fey's property and enterprises, and they send Templar agents to kill him. Fey barely escapes the attempt on his life, and the attackers burn down his home. Once again, Fey is left a poor man. He fends for his family on the streets of London (perhaps his children die). Livid at the corruption and cruelty of the businessmen and politicians, Samuel Fey vows to free England from their oppressive grip. It is during his time on the streets that he happens upon the Assassins. The Assassin Order helps Fey channel his rage and Fey decides to take justice into his own hands.

I actually want to play as as a rich bastard :p We've started from the bottom with every Assassin since AC2 and eventually worked our way up to Scrooge McDuck levels of wealth, but if the Industrial Revolution setting is true then I'd really like to see a revamped economy system that developed from the character being a wealthy man. We played as Ezio after his family was stripped of their possessions, but it would be cool to play as somebody like Giovanni living a double life as a businessman by day and as an Assassin by night.

Basically, I want Samuel Fey to be a middle-aged English Batman.

RagingDragon14
02-25-2014, 06:46 AM
I actually want to play as as a rich bastard :p We've started from the bottom with every Assassin since AC2 and eventually worked our way up to Scrooge McDuck levels of wealth, but if the Industrial Revolution setting is true then I'd really like to see a revamped economy system that developed from the character being a wealthy man. We played as Ezio after his family was stripped of their possessions, but it would be cool to play as somebody like Giovanni living a double life as a businessman by day and as an Assassin by night.

Basically, I want Samuel Fey to be a middle-aged English Batman.

Hey man, you wanted complexity in the themes. :p

So I gave you dat socioeconomic tensions layer on top of dat revenge theme. :D

I'd be down for a Victorian era Batman, so long as he screams "I am VENGEANCE, I am the NIGHT..." right before the title screen.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I'd be down for a Victorian era Batman, so long as he screams "I am VENGEANCE, I am the NIGHT..." right before the title screen.

And combat has to have BIFF! POW! KABLOOIE! popups :p

Consus_E
02-25-2014, 06:51 AM
And combat has to have BIFF! POW! KABLOOIE! popups :p

And he has to be "aided by his young ward!" :D