PDA

View Full Version : the TWO new AC games

stomp19
02-24-2014, 06:06 PM
a poster for one of the new games will be leaked tomorrow at 7 PM CET, I will post here

get ready for the ride assassins

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 06:26 PM
You could probably get banned just for posting your intentions to deliberately leak material TBH. But I think we already know what the setting is now.

stomp19
02-24-2014, 06:28 PM
You could probably get banned just for posting your intentions to deliberately leak material TBH. But I think we already know what the setting is now.

I am not leaking, only relaying.i just happen to know when it will leak:cool:

Dome500
02-24-2014, 06:31 PM

Do we?

The question is is it valid or is it just a good fake, or is it Ubisoft spreading false information to confuse us?

It's all possible....

stomp19
02-24-2014, 06:50 PM
just keep a lookout tomorrow at 7pm cet ;)

Erindesh24
02-24-2014, 06:57 PM
What setting are you talking about ? :D

Sushiglutton
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM
A leak of a leak? The plot thickens....

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 07:05 PM
What setting are you talking about ? :D

Victorian London.

The "Future AC Titles" thread had what they claimed was a leaked little press blurb thingy about it with the main character's name and a few other details, but it has since been taken down. Which actually lends credence to the theory to be honest, as they wouldn't bother making them take it down if it was just a troll post.

It was by far the most convincing leak I've ever seen for an AC game, barring an actual poster or screenshot.

lothario-da-be
02-24-2014, 07:07 PM
I have a feeling this guy is right lol.

GunnerGalactico
02-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Wasn't the game Thief set during Victorian London?

stomp19
02-24-2014, 07:14 PM
relax, guys it's not VICTORIAN london, nor russia, nor japan ;):rolleyes::cool:

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 07:15 PM

Kinda. As is The Bureau: 1886. But both of them are fantasy/steampunk, so they'd be quite a bit different from AC5 unless they really go with some hardcore POE stuff this time.

ze_topazio
02-24-2014, 07:29 PM

Portugal hopefully.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 07:34 PM

No Thief plays in another universe kind of. In It's own world.
It has indeed a London-like borderline-industrial/pre-industrial setting but not Victorian London.
Also Thief has a completely different plot, different gameplay and is in 1st person.

The only thing I can say about England (of almost any interesting time period in that location) is that I would love to see the atmosphere.

Think about it.

AC1 had a hot, dry and ancient feeling, with lots of religious conflict and very old cities.
AC2(+B/R) had a mild Mediterranean setting with a little bit mystery and a lot of old cities.
AC3 had a cold, hard and rural colonial setting in a "new world" with the clash of philosophies and a lot of different cultures (Native Americans, Colonists, Irish, Scotch, English)
AC4 had a free and open setting with a lot of beautiful wide open ocean and breathtaking environments during the golden age of piracy.

I think the dark and gritty, but on the other hand noble an charming atmosphere of a British setting would fit perfectly int o the diversity of locations the series had so far.
Also, I love the dark and gritty atmosphere with big squares and narrow streets. It would really underline the feeling of being an Assassin, fit perfectly to the "advanced stealth" (if the leak is not a fake) and it would be located in a country where a majority of AC buyers come from and are interested in (the United Kingdom is interesting for most people, European and Americans alike).

Of course China would also fit into themes like variety, philosophy, fighting skills, tools, etc.

jayjay275
02-24-2014, 07:34 PM
A leak of a leak? The plot thickens....

Love it when there is stuff like this. I.e; An announcement for an announcement.

jayjay275
02-24-2014, 07:36 PM

I do not mean to offend you mate, but you seem to have come on this forum and claimed to know about a leak that will occur at a certain time....? You can't expect everyone to be easy on you, especially if you claim something without evidence.

VoXngola
02-24-2014, 07:42 PM
The posters for both, AC3 and AC4:BF were both leaked on the last tuesday of february. So there is a possibility that tomorrow we could get the poster leak for AC5 too.
I hope.:cool:

jayjay275
02-24-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm saying Russia.

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 07:51 PM
a poster for one of the new games will be leaked tomorrow at 7 PM CET, I will post here

Don't play with me man, DONT PLAY WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is it? tell us now? just do it. Do it man, do it, just do it, come on, DO ITTTTTT.. you wont do it

poptartz20
02-24-2014, 07:57 PM
well.. assuming that it's none of the places the OP mentioned that leaves China and France still in the question?

that's when it's in Australia to throw everyone for a loop haha.

buuut I am curious how does someone know when a leak will happen!? is this person tied in some way with ubisoft or some crazy reddit thing? I thought leaks weren't really "planned" but they again it could all be some crazy marketing scheme.

xryanx28
02-24-2014, 08:03 PM

yeah but kotaku said the game isnt even worth playing and they said the map design is horrible. ign and others gave it a 6/10

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950

poptartz20
02-24-2014, 08:09 PM
yeah but kotaku said the game isnt even worth playing and they said the map design is horrible. ign and others gave it a 6/10

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950

really? a 6/10 geez.

Well to be honestly I wasn't really into it. It didn't look all that great to me from the start. I liked the concept but gameplay wise it just didn't do it for me. yay! $60 saved.

no to wait on Second Son!

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:11 PM
I do not mean to offend you mate, but you seem to have come on this forum and claimed to know about a leak that will occur at a certain time....? You can't expect everyone to be easy on you, especially if you claim something without evidence.

oh so you're saying you don't believe me because you don't want to be wrong in your prediction of russia? lol, sorry to break it to you, but it's not russia.i have no evidence to support this, just a time and a date
it's fine if you don't want to believe me too, but like i said, i have a time and date, all of this will be over tomorrow at 7pm cet;)

Sushiglutton
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM

So it's TUDOR London ;)

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
buuut I am curious how does someone know when a leak will happen!? is this person tied in some way with ubisoft or some crazy reddit thing? I thought leaks weren't really "planned" but they again it could all be some crazy marketing scheme.

leaks can happen in all kinds of ways and through many outlets. an article posted early, retialers being naughty, cameras up in places they shouldn't be..etc some people with said leaked material might choose to make a spectacle out of what they have, so....it's more fun this way too;):cool:

Reptilis91
02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
You have no excuses, it will have to be the entire poster.^^

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
So it's TUDOR London ;)

finally, someone notices.cookie for you:o

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:17 PM
You have no excuses, it will have to be the entire poster.^^

entire poster, no excuses;)

Sushiglutton
02-24-2014, 08:19 PM

In terms of the new setting, how would you describe the taste of the cookie?

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:21 PM
In terms of the new setting, how would you describe the taste of the cookie?

the taste of the cookie takes you back;)

Radman500
02-24-2014, 08:23 PM
did someone say cookie:p

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 08:25 PM
TUDOR? So you're saying they went back to the renaissance era? And you have a picture of the poster?

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:27 PM
TUDOR? So you're saying they went back to the renaissance era? And you have a picture of the poster?

i didn't say tudor lol, i said he was right to acknowledge my capitalization of Victorian in london;) i may or may not have a picture of the poster on my person:rolleyes: be patient

Reptilis91
02-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Tudor era ? Mmmh if it's true, this is not the main 2014 AC.

ze_topazio
02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
I noticed too, I just didn't felt like mentioning it.

stomp19
02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
I noticed too, I just didn't felt like mentioning it.

half a cookie

Will_Lucky
02-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Come on English Civil War, having the assassin interact with people like Cromwell and Charles would be glorious.

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 08:41 PM
ASSASSINS CREED TWEETS LOCATION OF AC5.

(4e6f727468) = 110.646 - 55.762667

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS????

Assassins creed initiate twitter page

Reptilis91
02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
It's here https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&ll=54.937358,37.371398&z=11&q=Barguzin&cid=0x1e5ca0e66396f068&output=classic&dg=ntvo

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
It's here https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Barguzin/@54.937358,37.371398,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x41351832cd351aa1:0x1e5ca0e66396f 068

oh wow, so I guess it is Russia. I thought "GREAT FALL" wasn't real. disappointing...

Radman500
02-24-2014, 08:50 PM
oh wow, so I guess it is Russia. I thought "GREAT FALL" wasn't real. disappointing...
i heard its going to be victoria england?

Reptilis91
02-24-2014, 08:56 PM
This hole thing is just about Gavin team I think. They have to go to Moscow.

Great Fall is fake, forget it.

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
So... are we all in agreement that the OP is probably trolling? I mean, no offense OP, but it's hard to trust somebody who JUST joined the forums and makes a claim this extraordinary.

VoXngola
02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Hold on a second. Why do peope think that the ac initiates twitter page would just give out the coordinates for the next setting? Also, initiates doesn't mean anything. All of this has probably to do with the storyline that's happening at initiates right now, with russia and all. I'm sure it doesn't have to do anything with the actual setting of the next game. And yes, Great Fall is indeed a fake, so rest assured.

unbelievable79
02-24-2014, 09:05 PM
But the strange thing is, that in the russian forum today, one of the moderators posted, that his dream is it to see a whole AC game set in Russia, because they have a lot, about what they are proud, great bulding, great history and so on......

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Here is the original link for the AC5 location coordinates, tweeted by AC initiates Twitter page

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774389

I hope this is fake. Russia would be boring

VoXngola
02-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Here is the original link for the AC5 location coordinates, tweeted by AC initiates Twitter page

It says nowhere that it's the setting for AC5. It's just the Initiates storyline.

Will_Lucky
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Well thing about Russia is, they already have an Assassin and Storyline to fit it. It would be an easy to location to set up if they used Nikolai.

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM

It's not fake, it was on Initiates. But why are people assuming it's the AC5 location...? The modern-day Assassins are going to Moscow, and this is probably in reference to that fact. I highly doubt this has anything to do with the AC5 setting.

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Why do you think there will be 2 Assassin Creed titles this year? Ubisoft said they will release 5 games this year, The Division, The Crew, Watch dogs and 2 more then didn't announce yet. We know one if them is AC, but why would you assume both are AC? I keep hearing about 2 titles this year, but there is nothing to support this theory at all, and I don't see Ubisoft working on 2 AC titles at the same time. It wouldn't make sense, their sales would split

Will_Lucky
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Why do you think there will be 2 Assassin Creed titles this year? Ubisoft said they will release 5 games this year, The Division, The Crew, Watch dogs and 2 more then didn't announce yet. We know one if them is AC, but why would you assume both are AC? I keep hearing about 2 titles this year, but there is nothing to support this theory at all, and I don't see Ubisoft working on 2 AC titles at the same time. It wouldn't make sense, their sales would split

There was a rumor earlier this year (from the same guy who leaked Black Flags if I recall) that there was going to be two AC titles this year, a more traditional title set in England which was on 360/PS3 and a true next gen game on the PS4/XB1 set in China.

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 09:19 PM

A Ubisoft employee said that two games were a possibility. And this wasn't a leak or conspiracy theory, it was recorded and released publicly. Plus, it's not like they'd announce a new IP less than a year before it launched... We have every reason to believe that those two games are both Assassin's Creed games.

Mr.GoodKall
02-24-2014, 09:23 PM
A Ubisoft employee said that two games were a possibility. And this wasn't a leak or conspiracy theory, it was recorded and released publicly. Plus, it's not like they'd announce a new IP less than a year before it launched... We have every reason to believe that those two games are both Assassin's Creed games.

Oh damn. I was holding out on buying a next gen console until a game comes out that I have to have. And If that's true, I might have to get It sooner than I thought. The Division and AC are must haves for me. Theres also a rumor that AC5 Posters arrived at Best Buys today but they cannot open them yet. Hear anything about that?

Reptilis91
02-24-2014, 09:25 PM

Next gen consumers are not enough, and cross-gen development is not conclusive. So one game for each public makes sense, but is it really possible? (money, time etc)

LoyalACFan
02-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Next gen consumers are not enough, and cross-gen development is not conclusive. So one game for each public makes sense, but is it really possible? (money, time etc)

It is if they don't care about the quality :rolleyes:

Will_Lucky
02-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh damn. I was holding out on buying a next gen console until a game comes out that I have to have. And If that's true, I might have to get It sooner than I thought. The Division and AC are must haves for me. Theres also a rumor that AC5 Posters arrived at Best Buys today but they cannot open them yet. Hear anything about that?

They got the assassins creed 4 poster at the same time last year, however someone opened it anyway.

pineal_gland
02-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Something about a post on 4chan...

Dome500
02-24-2014, 10:08 PM

Rainbow Six, Far Cry 4, Ghost Recon.
Those are also possibilities for the second one.
Could also be a smaller title though.
I think if there would be 2 AC games they would release them at different times. But I think it's rather unlikely.

Don't hold me to it though, everything is possible.

I don't believe it.

I rather think IF (and that's a big if) they will release 2 AC games that it will be like this:

NR.1 (release date earlier): PS3, Xbox360, PC, XboxOne, PS4 (Wii U?)
NR.2 (release later): PS4, XboxOne, PC

That would be more plausible.

I think releasing Black Flag for current/old AND next gen and then releasing another game only for current/old gen would be a really bad marketing decision.

jayjay275
02-24-2014, 10:15 PM
I am failing to understand how the majority of you guys believe this codswallop that the OP is claiming without evidence - of which even if he had any, I doubt that it'd be official unless he/she has some link with Ubisoft. This is a thread that seems like a trolling process.... :-/

ACfan443
02-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I am failing to understand how the majority of you guys believe this codswallop that the OP is claiming without evidence - of which even if he had any, I doubt that it'd be official unless he/she has some link with Ubisoft. This is a thread that seems like a trolling process.... :-/

It's that time of the year when unconfirmed and unreliable sources coupled with wild speculation results in threads such as these. Take everything with a grain of salt and play along ;)

VoXngola
02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Something about a post on 4chan...

You mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/u1BOyen.png?1

Sounds too good to be true lol. I'm expecting something else.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 10:41 PM
You mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/u1BOyen.png?1

Sounds too good to be true lol. I'm expecting something else.

Does really not sound believable.

Especially regarding the expressions "I work WITH Ubisoft" (like he is some kind of partner).
And the expression "no NEWS about the PC version so far, however I would expect it to arrive a few months later"

It's just the way he posts that makes it unbelievable for me.

Radman500
02-24-2014, 10:44 PM
look the only leak that is the most legitimate one is probably the Samuel Fey/Industrial Revolution one......seeing as ubisoft had someone delete the leak earlier...

Farlander1991
02-24-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't see what's wrong with 'news' or 'would' (or even 'family are killed', it's not like every Ubi employee is a native English speaker), however the post itself is, as per usual, suspicious just because you can't necessarily trust any leaks (especially so specifically stated, no company employer leaks information like that, unless he doesn't work directly for Ubi, but even then...)

And, on a side note, if Haytham gets his own game (which, btw, for that scenario to happen they have to have Haytham's direct DNA rather than use Desmond's, since it's impossible to view Haytham's memories after Connor's birth), then Connor will officially become the most shafted member of the Kenway family, getting the least gameplay time of all.

Also, everything that doesn't get deleted is less likely to be true in my opinion.

Boulder_Av
02-24-2014, 10:50 PM
The more I think about it two AC titles makes sense. It is a fantastic idea to have a separate game for this gen (PS4, X1, and PC) and one for last gen (PS3, 360). It allows Ubisoft make an exclusive a "next gen" game and still deliver a top franchise to the old system for one last time. This year is probably the last where triple A games on released on both gens. The devs are also not limited in their vision due to not having to run the game on hardware that is approaching a decade. It also means Ubisoft double dips getting AC fans to buy two games. I do see the last gen game being more like Liberations, a smaller scale game that is not as expansive.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't see what's wrong with 'news' or 'would'

That's simple.

He does not have knowlege about that. He talks about getting "news" about it and that he normally "would" expect it to happen.
It sounds less like he is a developer/partner and more like he is a player/forum member the way he talks about his source of information and what he knows.
This has nothing to do with his English.

MasterAssasin84
02-24-2014, 11:02 PM

Were did you get this information ? Link of some sort ? web Rumour ? UBI source ?

But as Loyal Assassin said although its not plainly obvious there is a good chance going by Samuel Fey's name cropping up Victoria London is a good contender much my own distaste .

Farlander1991
02-24-2014, 11:03 PM
That's simple.

He does not have knowlege about that.

Uhm... so? I worked at EA in the Origin team, and that's a relatively small 100-people software project that's a lot less smaller scale than what's going on with a game of the scope of AC, and I didn't know about a LOT of things that was going on there because it didn't matter as much in what I was working on. And when PC version is usually handled by a separate branch of Ubisoft entirely rather than the one that makes the game themselves (and hey, there's now usually more than one studio that makes the game itself), it's entirely possible that he doesn't know what's going on with the PC version.

So, I think that the post is entirely in the realms of plausibility if coming from a Ubisoft employee or contractor (who's not a direct Ubisoft employee but worked on the game regardless). But still should be taken with a grain of salt, because, hey, unconfirmed.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Uhm... so? I worked at EA in the Origin team, and that's a relatively small 100-people software project that's a lot less smaller scale than what's going on with a game of the scope of AC, and I didn't know about a LOT of things that was going on there because it didn't matter as much in what I was working on. And when PC version is usually handled by a separate branch of Ubisoft entirely rather than the one that makes the game themselves (and hey, there's now usually more than one studio that makes the game itself), it's entirely possible that he doesn't know what's going on with the PC version.

But then again, it is very unlikely that he knows about the other details of AC5 unless he is on the developers team and if he is on the dev team he knows about the PC version for sure.

If he is working on something else he does not know of it. As far as I know it's even hard to know an leak a announcement date if you are working in another departement.
Only the dev team, managers and PR guys normally know about this.

Again:

1. If he is on the dev team, he knows about PC version
2. If he is not on the dev team, he barely knows the announcement date, not to speak of all the other details

The only thing that would be possible is that he is a journalist.

And in this case the sentence "I work with Ubisoft" is weird.

Only my opinion of course.

So, I think that the post is entirely in the realms of plausibility if coming from a Ubisoft employee or contractor (who's not a direct Ubisoft employee but worked on the game regardless).

If he is a contractor and worked on the game he signed a legal document to not tell anyone about it.
If he did he could be sued, fired and never hired by any company again.

People do crazy things, sure. And it is possible. But IMO it's not the most plausible scenario. Especially since they can VERY easily track him or her down.

MasterAssasin84
02-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Does really not sound believable.

Especially regarding the expressions "I work WITH Ubisoft" (like he is some kind of partner).
And the expression "no NEWS about the PC version so far, however I would expect it to arrive a few months later"

It's just the way he posts that makes it unbelievable for me.

Unbelievable as they sound Assassins Creed deception a game based on Haytham would be pretty cool because if you read forsaken Haytham actually travelled to Eastern Europe to track down a Target for the Templars ( under the orders of Reginald Birch )

But yea total balloney what this dude is writing because i remember UBI saying that their fundamental rules for an Assassins Creed to be a numbered title ...

Rule number 1 - A new Protagonist
Rule number 2 - New Location.

Assassins Creed Deception would be a cool spin off ! ( believe me i could think of better names than that but the concept is still attractive )

Farlander1991
02-24-2014, 11:16 PM
But then again, it is very unlikely that he knows about the other details of AC5 unless he is on the developers team and if he is on the dev team he knows about the PC version for sure.

That depends entirely on what he's working on and if he knows what's going on with Ubisoft Kiev which handles PC ports nowadays. Which he might not (and depending on the way development is set up, the guys who work on the main console version don't ever take into account the PC version, that would be the PC version guys' responsibility).

If he is a contractor and worked on the game he signed a legal document to not tell anyone about it.
If he did he could be sued, fired and never hired by any company again.

Hey, same thing if he's a Ubi employee. Their NDA would be even stricter since they'd get access to more things than a contractor would.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah.

That's why I do not believe an employee or contractor would leak something.

If there is a leak, the source is probably either a journalist, game tester or someone similar.

Farlander1991
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Yeah.

That's why I do not believe an employee or contractor would leak something.

If there is a leak, the source is probably either a journalist, game tester or someone similar.

Game testers are technically either contractors or full-time employees. Unless it's a focus tester. But that would also explain the lack of PC version knowledge.

And, surprisingly enough, there ARE employees who leak stuff, but I never know why they ever do that.

Dome500
02-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Game testers are technically either contractors or full-time employees. Unless it's a focus tester. But that would also explain the lack of PC version knowledge.

And, surprisingly enough, there ARE employees who leak stuff, but I never know why they ever do that.

Maybe it's those who just got fired and want revenge ;)

Will_Lucky
02-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Everyone here seems to forget though, that Assassins Creed 3 and Black Flags were both leaked before their eventual reveal. I still remember the day in January someone on 4chan claimed Assassins Creed 3: Black Flags was coming and everyone laughed their faces off. One month later the poster was leaked.

Dome500
02-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Everyone here seems to forget though, that Assassins Creed 3 and Black Flags were both leaked before their eventual reveal. I still remember the day in January someone on 4chan claimed Assassins Creed 3: Black Flags was coming and everyone laughed their faces off. One month later the poster was leaked.

Indeed....

If it's one thing you can be sure about regarding Ubisoft then it is that absolutely anything can happen to be true in the end....

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Still no evidence provided by the OP...

VoXngola
02-25-2014, 04:51 PM

He DID say 7 pm CET.

If he doesn't provide evidence after that, then we can confirm he's just screwing with us.

lothario-da-be
02-25-2014, 07:13 PM

We passed 7 PM CET, its fake.

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 07:15 PM
We passed 7 PM CET, its fake.

You're right, unless there are other countries in Europe that are CET, as I thought Britain was GMT (and we're 1 hour behind Belgium I believe).

GunnerGalactico
02-25-2014, 07:17 PM
You're right, unless there are other countries in Europe that are CET, as I thought Britain was GMT (and we're 1 hour behind Belgium I believe).

You're also right.. Where I come from, London is also 1hr behind.

Sushiglutton
02-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Who cares about the poster, I want to know where my cookie is :mad:

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 07:21 PM
It's 1 PM where I live. Not CET but I'll still be anticipating it. =P

MasterAssasin84
02-25-2014, 07:44 PM

I did mention a link or some credible proof to this ?

i have googled this and there was nothing on the entire internet that mentioned an Assassins Creed announcement !

We are Greenwich Mean Time and the OP was referring was Central European Time but until i see some credible proof i am thinking Troll !

DavidPage
02-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Such disappoint... Still waiting and hoping though... I hate to see my last 24 hours in brain function wasted for a d!ck...

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Such disappoint... Still waiting and hoping though... I hate to see my last 24 hours in brain function wasted for a d!ck...

If it makes you feel any better, every fan's lives are being consumed by the anticipations around this time of year. Me included. :p

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
I did tell you, I mean he is a troll that had joined on the day of his post in this thread - without evidence too. This is why I don't believe things without any evidence.

Radman500
02-25-2014, 08:23 PM
where is the poster its past 7.00 cET

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Trollduh.

stomp19
02-25-2014, 08:48 PM
i might'v been an hour off, but hey:p

here:cool: seen first on ac chile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1796497_364211833720124_603043954_n.png

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 08:50 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1796497_364211833720124_603043954_n.png

HA!

Radman500
02-25-2014, 08:51 PM

thats defintelly the industrial revolution....

ENTER SAMUEL FEY

AidenPixxel
02-25-2014, 08:53 PM

Man,you are really ridiculous

VoXngola
02-25-2014, 08:54 PM
If this poster is really legit, I'm excited. However, I expected more than just.."that", you know? I thought we might get a poster like back then with AC3 and AC4BF with the main character on it and the setting behind them.

This looks like it could be fanart too.

MasterAssasin84
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/willy-wonka-gene-wilder/well-i-guess-uh-i-guess-they-dont-care.jpg (http://www.troll.me/2012/05/12/willy-wonka-gene-wilder/well-i-guess-uh-i-guess-they-dont-care/)

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM

I really really really REALLY hope this is legit, because flipping the Assassin logo upside down to make a Roman numeral "V" is a stroke of freaking genius.

Plus I'm already stoked for Industrial Revolution... and not that it means anything, but the mods haven't been giving us the "we don't comment on speculation" line for this much, have they?

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 08:57 PM
If this poster is really legit, I'm excited. However, I expected more than just.."that", you know? I thought we might get a poster like back then with AC3 and AC4BF with the main character on it and the setting behind them.

This looks like it could be fanart too.

That's what I said, but less than 24 hours after the first rumor of Industrial Revolution is a bit of a narrow window to produce a painting like that... It would have to be a very hardworking, dedicated, and talented troll...

Hans684
02-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I really really really REALLY hope this is legit, because flipping the Assassin logo upside down to make a Roman numeral "V" is a stroke of freaking genius.

Plus I'm already stoked for Industrial Revolution... and not that it means anything, but the mods haven't been giving us the "we don't comment on speculation" line for this much, have they?

A missed operturnity if Ubisoft don't flipp the Assassin insignia.

jayjay275
02-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Where was this image found might I ask? :P
It does look nice, but it seems like Fan art.

Fatal-Feit
02-25-2014, 09:03 PM
A missed operturnity if Ubisoft don't flipp the Assassin insignia.

They had better. Unlike other series that turns E into 3 (I'm looking at you F3AR), the AC's insignia is actually a damn good move.

And yes, how the title looks does affect my judgement of the game. >.>

killzab
02-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Industrial Revolution is not as exciting as pirates ....

BUT it could work more as a context rather than the focus point of the game I guess ( the pirates aspect was too much in Black Flag).

And if it is beautiful, it could be as good as the Italian Renaissance.

FrankieSatt
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
IF this is true and this is where AC V is going than I'm disappointed. The last thing we need is an AC Game that is getting closer to "Modern Day" and the use of guns and the such. The furthest in time they should have gone was what they did in Black Flag.

Secondly, what are they going to do with the "Modern Day" time line, or will there even be one.

I'll wait until something official is announced, but I'm not impressed if this is true.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 09:18 PM
IF this is true and this is where AC V is going than I'm disappointed. The last thing we need is an AC Game that is getting closer to "Modern Day" and the use of guns and the such. The furthest in time they should have gone was what they did in Black Flag.

Secondly, what are they going to do with the "Modern Day" time line, or will there even be one.

I'll wait until something official is announced, but I'm not impressed if this is true.

Functionally speaking, pistols weren't a whole lot more sophisticated in the 1830s than they were in the 1720s. In fact, I'd wager we're actually getting less gunplay this time, since almost all guns were still single-shot, and I doubt a Victorian businessman is going to be running around with pistols strapped all over his body like a pirate could.

killzab
02-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Functionally speaking, pistols weren't a whole lot more sophisticated in the 1830s than they were in the 1720s. In fact, I'd wager we're actually getting less gunplay this time, since almost all guns were still single-shot, and I doubt a Victorian businessman is going to be running around with pistols strapped all over his body like a pirate could.

Well.. who would've thought an Italian noble would have fought with crossbow and a hidden wrist-gun ?

lothario-da-be
02-25-2014, 09:23 PM

American revolution was after the golden age of piracy.
Edward- Haytham- Connor you know :p

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Well.. who would've thought an Italian noble would have fought with crossbow and a hidden wrist-gun ?

He was best pals with the most famous inventor of all time though. Would be kinda cheap if he walked away from that friendship with no gear.

Yoyonoa
02-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Pokemon was rumored to be set during the industrial revolution too... (oh wait !)

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/245/f/5/pokemon__industrial_revolution_by_terry2691-d48p0bv.jpg

And finally the setting was there...

http://i.imgur.com/b2VGFBJ.png

DavidPage
02-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Although you said full poster... Any other info or ACV related stuff? And what about the OTHER AC game? (cause, you know, since you said the truth about the poster being leaked, it must mean you were telling the truth about a second game - unless it's fake poster, which I'm starting to doubt)

FrankieSatt
02-25-2014, 09:45 PM
American revolution was after the golden age of piracy.
Edward- Haytham- Connor you know :p

I know and I didn't like ACIII either, one of the reasons was that it went to far into the future.

The age of Pirates is the furthest that they should go. Anything past that and you are getting to much into guns and I'll play COD if I want to play with guns.

Reptilis91
02-25-2014, 09:49 PM
I told him to take the ENTIRE poster -_-

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 09:50 PM
I know and I didn't like ACIII either, one of the reasons was that it went to far into the future.

The age of Pirates is the furthest that they should go. Anything past that and you are getting to much into guns and I'll play COD if I want to play with guns.

Did you see my post...?

Reptilis91
02-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Yoyonoa, toujours aussi sr de toi, a en devient effrayant. :D

Yoyonoa, always so confident, it becomes creepy. :D

Dome500
02-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Well, it might as well be fanart.
And no, it is not a short time to paint it if the creator wanted it to be Industrial England all along.
It proves absolutely nothing, and that's a real shame....

And he could have drawn the smoke and chimneys in there.

This is not a leak. It's just a sorry excuse for a leak.

@OP => Try harder.

And I thought we'd get a more solid leak, but looks like we are back to the press leak concerning the Victorian England in the time of the 1. industrial revolution....
That's as solid as it gets at the moment.

Mr.GoodKall
02-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Youre joking right? This pic is from the chile AC fan page. Plus, after hearing some other settings, Chile would be a major disappointment

Mr.GoodKall
02-25-2014, 10:04 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/187/0/5/profile_picture_by_assassinscreedchile-d5686lz.png

Mr.GoodKall
02-25-2014, 10:10 PM
http://assassinscreedchile.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/amunet__the_egyptian_assassin_by_lidime-d5u4bea.jpg

Will_Lucky
02-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Youre joking right? This pic is from the chile AC fan page. Plus, after hearing some other settings, Chile would be a major disappointment

Thats a watermark of a supposed poster.

Its more likely thats an Industrial Setting of England. It could be anywhere else in Europe that underwent the Industrial Revolution.

FrankieSatt
02-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Did you see my post...?

Are you talking about this...

He was best pals with the most famous inventor of all time though. Would be kinda cheap if he walked away from that friendship with no gear.

I know that Leonardo created the gun for Ezio, and I wasn't a fan of that either. Guns do not belong, in any way, in the Ancestor part of an AC game. It's my opinion but I don't like the idea. There are plenty of games that have guns, this game started out unique by not having them at all in AC I. Should have kept the game in time periods where they didn't have guns.

oliacr
02-25-2014, 10:20 PM
http://assassinscreedchile.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/amunet__the_egyptian_assassin_by_lidime-d5u4bea.jpg

Nice one... Still hoping for something better than 19th century England, France, or Russia.

LoyalACFan
02-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Are you talking about this...

I know that Leonardo created the gun for Ezio, and I wasn't a fan of that either. Guns do not belong, in any way, in the Ancestor part of an AC game. It's my opinion but I don't like the idea. There are plenty of games that have guns, this game started out unique by not having them at all in AC I. Should have kept the game in time periods where they didn't have guns.

No, the one where I quoted you.

MasterAssasin84
02-25-2014, 10:28 PM

Great Fan Art - i am assuming that this is Iltani .

Radman500
02-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Nice one... Still hoping for something better than 19th century England, France, or Russia.
self hating european?

jk

London would be awsome though

oliacr
02-25-2014, 11:16 PM
self hating european?

jk

London would be awsome though

I don't have any problem with a European setting, just place that before 1600 AD... 19th century???? worst idea I've ever heard.

HDinHB
02-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Great Fan Art - i am assuming that this is Iltani .

I think it is Amunet (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Amunet)-- check out her asp!

frodrigues55
02-25-2014, 11:36 PM
how much till it leaks?

I'm so excited, I'm having a leak party today so op don't disappoint me. I invited a bunch of friends, my PC is connected to my TV so we can keep refreshing this page in anticipation of the big reveal. It's gonna be so much fun.

Dome500
02-25-2014, 11:37 PM
19th century???? worst idea I've ever heard.

Not necessarily.

Big changes there in both Europe and the rest of the world.

It's not just scientific discovery and industrial growth but also revolutions, worker-unions, revolts, poverty, murder, intrigue, crime and social changes.

And everything before the 20th century is okay considering that everything before the 20th century is basically pre-automated-weapons era, meaning gameplay will not change that much.

Pistols and one-shot-Rifles, that's all that was possible before WW1. No need to worry here.

If the game plays in the ending of the 18th / beginning of the 19th century it's absolutely okay IMO. Everything AFTER three quarters (3/4) into the 19th century (everything after 1875) could become problematic though, even though I see a tolerance zone there, but the game shouldn't play DURING or AFTER that time for the whole game. That's the border IMO.

Then again, if they developed a completely different combat and stealth system it might work.

DumbGamerTag94
02-25-2014, 11:59 PM
Not necessarily.

Big changes there in both Europe and the rest of the world.

It's not just scientific discovery and industrial growth but also revolutions, worker-unions, revolts, poverty, murder, intrigue, crime and social changes.

And everything before the 20th century is okay considering that everything before the 20th century is basically pre-automated-weapons era, meaning gameplay will not change that much.

Pistols and one-shot-Rifles, that's all that was possible before WW1. No need to worry here.

If the game plays in the ending of the 18th / beginning of the 19th century it's absolutely okay IMO. Everything AFTER three quarters (3/4) into the 19th century (everything after 1875) could become problematic though, even though I see a tolerance zone there, but the game shouldn't play DURING or AFTER that time for the whole game. That's the border IMO.

Then again, if they developed a completely different combat and stealth system it might work.

I agree with you on this. I think the official limit of advance the developers should have is 1920 because after the first world war you get people wielding tommy guns and such and that does not belong in an AC. I can handle a Gatling gun or a Maxim machine gun(circa 1914) but they would either need to be ignored or just a feature in a mission or two. Since these were mounted guns and the only real pre-world war one automatics it would be easy to either ignore them or make them part of a mission or building, at least until 1920 the basic police man or soldier had a bolt action rifle or revolver(or at the very worst case a Winchester repeating rifle), these could all be manageable in an AC game in my opinion(depending they have realistic reload rates and rate of fire they honestly wouldn't be that bad you couldn't take that many people out if you were being chased), but a post 1920 AC with automatic guns is ridiculous if you ask me.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 12:08 AM
I agree with you on this. I think the official limit of advance the developers should have is 1920 because after the first world war you get people wielding tommy guns and such and that does not belong in an AC. I can handle a Gatling gun or a Maxim machine gun(circa 1914) but they would either need to be ignored or just a feature in a mission or two. Since these were mounted guns and the only real pre-world war one automatics it would be easy to either ignore them or make them part of a mission or building, at least until 1920 the basic police man or soldier had a bolt action rifle or revolver(or at the very worst case a Winchester repeating rifle), these could all be manageable in an AC game in my opinion(depending they have realistic reload rates and rate of fire they honestly wouldn't be that bad you couldn't take that many people out if you were being chased), but a post 1920 AC with automatic guns is ridiculous if you ask me.

That's why I think everything after ~ 1870 should not be in discussion. Even in the early 20th (1900 - 1920) there were already some rapid fired and quick reloaded guns. But everything before 1870 was one-shot and took some time to reload or at least had a very small magazine. In close-quarters combat (the Assassins specialty) such guns are not more problematic then Cesare Borgias gun or a group of enemies firing muskets at you.

There would even be an advantage. Enemies could occur in smaller numbers but pose the same threat, or would be a higher thread in higher numbers.

Also, don't worry about Assassin having 2 pistols and a rifle.
Assassins are subtle. The pirate setting was an exception here.
The biggest weapon of the Assassin is still his ability to stealth kill and use tools (like smoke bombs) to temporarily disable his/her enemies and kill or K.O. them in the process.
So I think even if a future game would play at the border of what is possible (late 19th century/ early 20th century) you would NEVER see an Assassin having a rifle or more than 2 pistols (each max. 6x single-shot) as permanent weapons. You might be able to pick up a rifle/musket and use it shortly. But that's about all you will be able to do in an AC game. EVER.

Mr.GoodKall
02-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Did anyone hear anythng about ac5 being released only for ps, ps4 an xbox one??? Is this true???

LoyalACFan
02-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Did anyone hear anythng about ac5 being released only for ps, ps4 an xbox one??? Is this true???

Rumor has it two different games will be released this year, one exclusively for next gen and one for last gen or possibly both like AC4. But nothing is confirmed.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 01:02 AM

It's possible.

Theories based on a (supposed) leak earlier this year describe 2 AC games, 1 for current/old-gen and one for next gen. Though I think IF (and that's a big if) there will be 2 AC games then the first one will be current gen + next gen and the second one will be next-gen only (both +PC of course).

Mr.GoodKall
02-26-2014, 01:19 AM
It's possible.

Theories based on a (supposed) leak earlier this year describe 2 AC games, 1 for current/old-gen and one for next gen. Though I think IF (and that's a big if) there will be 2 AC games then the first one will be current gen + next gen and the second one will be next-gen only (both +PC of course).

Oh damn, if that's true, it looks like im getting a PS4. I tried to hold off until a game comes out that I have to have. Like AC. or The division. I was going to buy XboxONE since I have always been a xbox guy, but since they tried to screw their own fans over, I decided to switch. I still hope this isn't true though, I cant see Ubisoft releasing 2 different AC titles at the same time. They will loose so much money

Escappa
02-26-2014, 01:25 AM
Oh damn, if that's true, it looks like im getting a PS4. I tried to hold off until a game comes out that I have to have. Like AC. or The division. I was going to buy XboxONE since I have always been a xbox guy, but since they tried to screw their own fans over, I decided to switch. I still hope this isn't true though, I cant see Ubisoft releasing 2 different AC titles at the same time. They will loose so much money

From a buissness perspective; far more people have the "current-gen" (ps3/xbox360). So I don't think that the MAIN game ACV will be new-gen only since not as many people would buy it.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 01:32 AM
I cant see Ubisoft releasing 2 different AC titles at the same time. They will loose so much money

I guess IF they would ever do that there would be probably 3 - 6 months between the release dates.

AlexEzio89
02-26-2014, 06:41 AM
AC Chile? i dont think is real..... is the most idiot setting of AC game ever.... i hope Is set in Europe or Egypt...... personal the most credible leak is the link with Ubi press

Will_Lucky
02-26-2014, 06:44 AM
AC Chile? i dont think is real..... is the most idiot setting of AC game ever.... i hope Is set in Europe or Egypt...... personal the most credible leak is the link with Ubi press

It isn't Chile...that is the name of the site that revealed the image.