PDA

View Full Version : Roaring Glory warbird videos

BennyMoore
09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Most of you are already aware of these, and many problably own them, but there is a significant number of people who do not know of them. I got the P-38 one a couple of weeks ago, and it is fantastic! I now intend on gradually getting the others as well. For ten dollars plus shipping, it's a steal.

In the P-38 video (the only one I currently own), Jeff Ethel gives you a sort of summary of the plane while walking around it and pointing things out. Then he flies it and demonstrates. Near the end there are also reenactments of two fliers' experiences from World War Two. It's great.

To anyone who has a few dollars to spare, I recommend buying these delightful videos. To anyone who does not, I recommend living on bread and cheese for a few days so that you can. I've watched mine four or five times, and I'd have paid twice the money for it if necessary. You will not regret buying these.

BennyMoore
09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Most of you are already aware of these, and many problably own them, but there is a significant number of people who do not know of them. I got the P-38 one a couple of weeks ago, and it is fantastic! I now intend on gradually getting the others as well. For ten dollars plus shipping, it's a steal.

In the P-38 video (the only one I currently own), Jeff Ethel gives you a sort of summary of the plane while walking around it and pointing things out. Then he flies it and demonstrates. Near the end there are also reenactments of two fliers' experiences from World War Two. It's great.

To anyone who has a few dollars to spare, I recommend buying these delightful videos. To anyone who does not, I recommend living on bread and cheese for a few days so that you can. I've watched mine four or five times, and I'd have paid twice the money for it if necessary. You will not regret buying these.

Waldo.Pepper
09-03-2004, 02:36 PM
In my opinion the Jeff Ethell parts are very very good. But the reenactments are terrible and detract from the series. After I saw them the first time I now stop watching at the part where the reenactments take place.

I have seen them televised most recently on Speedvision (now speed channel). But this was a couple of years ago now.

If they are only ten bucks then they are worth it. But not much more. I prefer books.

ddsflyer
09-03-2004, 11:58 PM
There are some that were only available on laserdisk and not on DVD. They include the P-51, P-40, B-25 and the B-17. I would love to be able to convert these and burn them to DVD, as I have them on laserdisk.

P4 3.4GHz Northwood
Intel D875PBZ
ATI Radeon X800XT PE
1.0GB OCZ Platinum PC3200
W.D. Dual 80GB SATA RAID
Plextor PX-708A
Lite-On 52x
Creative Audigy2 ZS
NEC FP2141SB

FI.Snaphoo
09-04-2004, 12:44 AM
NM.... looked around... Nothing to see here... move along.... Roaring warbirds videos... check them out... yeah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/JakeGM/Snaphoo3.gif

BennyMoore
09-04-2004, 04:38 PM
I know what you mean about the reenactments, but they are decent for a low budget film. I assume that these were low budget. Anyway, the footage made up for it. But the whole point of these was getting to see these warbirds demonstrated on film. You don't get to see this stuff at airshows, usually.

Snaphoo, if you have nothing worthwhile saying, then why do you not say nothing? Remember, not everyone has heard of these, or been urged to give them a try.