PDA

View Full Version : ON NOW: Single-Player Community Event Wreak Havoc on the Sea (Feb 20 Feb 26)

UbiGabe
02-21-2014, 03:44 PM
For this challenge you will have to cause havoc at sea and plunder and salvage (use them to repair the Jackdaw) ships before next Wednesday in order to be eligible to win. If the entire AC4 community can plunder a set number of ships, you will all receive the El Impoluto's Wheel for the Jackdaw. You can find out exactly where both you and our entire community stand by opening the pause menu - Community Event details are listed on the right in the Initiates Feed!

NOTE: Sending a ship to the Kenway Fleet WILL NOT COUNT towards the objective, since the ship itself is not actually destroyed. If you want to be absolutely certain that your kills are counted, always choose REPAIR THE JACKDAW.

Good hunting Assassins!

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1780745_10152020710418068_1055432057_n.jpg

stetsonaw
02-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to completing the Community Event collection, as I'm pretty sure this is the last one that I need!

Oh, and you still need to update your signature, @UbiGabe ;)

Redeater6
02-22-2014, 01:26 PM
I missed the challenge for the explorer outfit. Will I get a second chance?

LoyalACFan
02-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I missed the challenge for the explorer outfit. Will I get a second chance?

Probably. They've done it twice already, and this is the second challenge for the El Impoluto wheel (though it failed last time and nobody got it).

sLicKVertigO
02-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Good work Assassins!!

TAZZDAWGG
02-23-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm super bummed. My AC4 game never recognized the community challenge! I tried everything I could think of to get started on the challenge, to no avail. My progress in the leader board always said 0/5 ships pillaged and I could never get the "challenge" to start for me (I sunk many ships anyway). Hopefully someone knows about this so it can be fixed. This was the last reward I needed, so I'll have to wait until the next time. Grrrrrrrrr! ARRRRRRRGH! :mad:

GreyBeardJim
02-23-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm super bummed. My AC4 game never recognized the community challenge! I tried everything I could think of to get started on the challenge, to no avail. My progress in the leader board always said 0/5 ships pillaged and I could never get the "challenge" to start for me (I sunk many ships anyway). Hopefully someone knows about this so it can be fixed. This was the last reward I needed, so I'll have to wait until the next time. Grrrrrrrrr! ARRRRRRRGH! :mad:

You should still be able to get the reward, as long as you get the connection issue cleared up and get your 5 ships by the 26th.

DarknessRasm
02-24-2014, 12:44 AM

Just wondering.... did you shoot the ships until they sunk or did you disable them and proceeded to plunder them and use the "Repair the Jackdaw" option?

If you sunk the ships by shooting them then there's your problem as it doesn't count that way.

You have to actually disable them by getting their HP to the red zone, then you proceed to board and kill everyone needed to take the ship and once you're done just repair the Jackdaw because it's the only option that actually counts as sinking them.

You have until the 26th to do it so just get the 5 sinks, correct me if I'm wrong, and once the community finishes the challenge to 100% you should get the reward as well.

Voratus.Ubi
02-24-2014, 02:31 AM
Did last week's fail? I never saw any sort of "reward" from it.

Heretic Dean
02-24-2014, 05:11 PM
I have none of the community rewards and no matter what I do my progression still says 0/5.

Is there some sort of trick to these? Does it take like 24 hours to update your totals or something?

Covert Enigma
02-24-2014, 10:43 PM

I have none of the community rewards and no matter what I do my progression still says 0/5.

Is there some sort of trick to these? Does it take like 24 hours to update your totals or something?

The same thing was happening to me, but this was my last one to get so I was desperate so I kept trying and troubleshooting and I think I just figured out what the problem is and how to fix it. It seems that for no reason, my online settings in the in game options menu had inadvertently reset themselves all to off including the community challenges option. Go into the game, go into the menu and select options, then online, then make sure that they are all set to default (which is all on except the option for companion app stuff). This seems to have fixed it for me and I am now working on getting the five plunders in so I can get the reward. Good luck and I hope this works for you!

Heretic Dean
02-24-2014, 11:31 PM
The same thing was happening to me, but this was my last one to get so I was desperate so I kept trying and troubleshooting and I think I just figured out what the problem is and how to fix it. It seems that for no reason, my online settings in the in game options menu had inadvertently reset themselves all to off including the community challenges option. Go into the game, go into the menu and select options, then online, then make sure that they are all set to default (which is all on except the option for companion app stuff). This seems to have fixed it for me and I am now working on getting the five plunders in so I can get the reward. Good luck and I hope this works for you!

Oh. My. God. You were right. All my settings had randomly set back to off. Thank you so much!

Covert Enigma
02-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Oh. My. God. You were right. All my settings had randomly set back to off. Thank you so much!

Glad to help. :)