PDA

View Full Version : Dlc 2/25?

MoldyRhyme94061
02-20-2014, 09:33 PM
So are we thinking that the hint, "It's not arctic monkeys. In fact this weeks dlc is not British. Unlike Vic Reeves and his mate..." applies to the 2/25 dlc?

toymachinesh
02-20-2014, 09:39 PM
So are we thinking that the hint, "It's not arctic monkeys. In fact this weeks dlc is not British. Unlike Vic Reeves and his mate..." applies to the 2/25 dlc?

It's certainly possible but should probably wait for people to bug Paul tomorrow

guitarman529
02-20-2014, 09:54 PM
I am going Tom Petty or Ratt. Def Leppard is out because they are British.

MoldyRhyme94061
02-20-2014, 09:55 PM
It's certainly possible but should probably wait for people to bug Paul tomorrow

Haha yeah true. I just always get antsy around this time of the week. The Bob Mortimer/Bob Dylan connection had me pretty excited.

MoldyRhyme94061
02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Paul Cross confirmed that the clue for next week is "something about not being British unlike Vic Reeves' mate". I feel like Bob Dylan is the best guess I've seen so far. Anyone feeling strongly about another band?

pidnpodn
02-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Probably Dylan, but I'd take Marley, too.

The_Working_Man
02-21-2014, 09:56 PM
I'll go with.... the (not-arctic) Monkeys.

pedietz
02-21-2014, 10:47 PM
bob...

I want it to be Robert Johnson.

PTrash13
02-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Bob...

Robert Cray Band

MAng0r3
02-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Been collecting all the captchas and the hidden message says Creedence clearwater revival.

CrazedRacer
02-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Not Dylan... Or Bob, for that matter...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z419/crazedracer/crossie_zps0d198b0b.jpg

MoldyRhyme94061
02-22-2014, 12:49 AM
So Vic Reeves' real name is James Moir. Sounds a lot like James (Jim) Morrison. Maybe the Doors?

toymachinesh
02-22-2014, 08:46 AM
You got it but for the wrong reasons

Vic Reeves mate on Shooting Star = George Dawes = Dawes = Doors

The Doors DLC 2/25

:)

MAng0r3
02-22-2014, 09:56 AM
That would be awesome!

hokus4000
02-22-2014, 12:24 PM
From Wikipedia: On 20 February 2008, Reeves appeared onstage at the BRIT Awards to present the "Mastercard British Album" award to winners, the Arctic Monkeys. He was visibly disorientated and event co-host Sharon Osbourne .

Black Sabbath is British, though ... Foo Fighters won the international Award in 2008.

MoldyRhyme94061
02-22-2014, 02:24 PM
The Doors would be an amazing DLC. I'll buy as many songs as they're willing to put out.

PTrash13
02-22-2014, 02:55 PM
You got it but for the wrong reasons

Vic Reeves mate on Shooting Star = George Dawes = Dawes = Doors

The Doors DLC 2/25

:)

Now that pack will cost me some money!

culo_grasso
02-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Like the Hendrix DLC for bandfuse, I feel like I should be more excited for this than I am. I've just never been able to get into the Doors. I'm just indifferent either way. Who knows, they may pick a few songs I want to play. Especially after watching Ellison Cruz's videos. That guy gets me to buy more DLC than I would otherwise.

Alfred Prufrock
02-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Holy ****! The Doors DLC would be incredible.

bubka122
02-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I think you can chill with the hopes for The Doors, would be awesome but the link to the hint is weak at best.

RokDog007
02-22-2014, 06:40 PM
I think you can chill with the hopes for The Doors, would be awesome but the link to the hint is weak at best.

thanks for slamming the Door on that fantasy

MoldyRhyme94061
02-22-2014, 06:49 PM

Idk I think it seems like a pretty good guess. Also someone asked Paul on Twitter if it is The Doors and he responded with "and why would you say that". It seems like he usually answers with no if it's an incorrect guess. Like how he said no to jeff beck and no to arctic monkeys last week.

bubka122
02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Idk I think it seems like a pretty good guess. Also someone asked Paul on Twitter if it is The Doors and he responded with "and why would you say that". It seems like he usually answers with no if it's an incorrect guess. Like how he said no to jeff beck and no to arctic monkeys last week.

Well someone, quick ask Pau on twitter l how he spells the Doors :p

toymachinesh
02-22-2014, 08:44 PM

It's also beyond that

on their show shooting stars, they had a guy called george dawes
and Vic would often shout what's the score on the doors, george dawes?

I am skeptical since it seemed hard for Harmonix to get The Doors DLC but if they got Green Day then why not!

toymachinesh
02-22-2014, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEDa6bXnA8

this could be another possibility

BaddDadd2010
02-22-2014, 10:10 PM
In the Twitter image in post 11, Danny hale wrote "Sun goes down on sleepy little towns", which would point to the Doobie Brothers. What was Danny Hale referring to when he wrote that?

toymachinesh
02-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Bobby LaKind?

Also I just noticed SquirrellyNinja tweeted John Densmore's AMA on reddit

https://twitter.com/squirrellyninja/status/436735486673965056

surfrodeo
02-23-2014, 12:42 AM
In the Twitter image in post 11, Danny hale wrote "Sun goes down on sleepy little towns", which would point to the Doobie Brothers. What was Danny Hale referring to when he wrote that?

I thought the same thing. One minor problem. The lyric is when the sun comes *up* on a sleepy little town... Too, it didn't strike me as an actual hint the more I looked at it. Granted, it seems like the hints are all vague to the point of being opaque since the new version of RS came out. I liked it better last year when we'd get a screen cap post and a sensible clue. I like having something to look forward to over the weekend waiting for Tuesday to roll around.

That said, Doobie Brothers would be cool. Even better would be Steely Dan. That's not a request. Just a thought.

demalion
02-23-2014, 02:30 AM
I'd just about fall over if it was the Doobie Brothers, since the only DLC request I've made so far was for them since they seemed like the most unmentioned of the ones I really think I'd enjoy a lot, but I don't see the quoted lyric as coming from someone at ubisoft...?

I'm almost positive it is The Doors (hmm...apparently for the same reasons others have posted, though I didn't notice this explanation in this thread earlier):

The timely mention of the related reddit pointed out earlier.

The previous clue: "It's not arctic monkeys. In fact this weeks dlc is not British. Unlike Vic Reeves and his mate..." + "I'm not talking about his mate Bob"...this seems a clear redirect away from all the "Bob" guessing, while specifically not ruling out Vic Reeves himself, and wikipedia mentions that Vic Reeves real name is "James Roderick Moir" and is "sometimes credited as Jim Moir", which seems awfully clue-adjacent to "Jim Morrison" in my opinion.

This seems pretty clear (and hopefully with a good song selection), unless there is some other Vic Reeves/Jim Moir "clue adjacency" that beats this...?

Three_Five_One
02-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd just about fall over if it was the Doobie Brothers, since the only DLC request I've made so far was for them since they seemed like the most unmentioned of the ones I really think I'd enjoy a lot, but I don't see the quoted lyric as coming from someone at ubisoft...?

I'm almost positive it is The Doors (hmm...apparently for the same reasons others have posted, though I didn't notice this explanation in this thread earlier):

The timely mention of the related reddit pointed out earlier.

The previous clue: "It's not arctic monkeys. In fact this weeks dlc is not British. Unlike Vic Reeves and his mate..." + "I'm not talking about his mate Bob"...this seems a clear redirect away from all the "Bob" guessing, while specifically not ruling out Vic Reeves himself, and wikipedia mentions that Vic Reeves real name is "James Roderick Moir" and is "sometimes credited as Jim Moir", which seems awfully clue-adjacent to "Jim Morrison" in my opinion.

This seems pretty clear (and hopefully with a good song selection), unless there is some other Vic Reeves/Jim Moir "clue adjacency" that beats this...?

I've told myself to refrain from buying DLC for the next couple months, but if we get The Doors, I'll have to make an exception.

Also on an unrelated note, you joined in 2004? That's quite an accomplishment.

demalion
02-23-2014, 03:01 PM
I've told myself to refrain from buying DLC for the next couple months, but if we get The Doors, I'll have to make an exception.

Not really, AFAIK?

Prior ubisoft related logins carried over into the current day system, and I believe I just happened to create my first such login in 2004. This was probably when I was suffering through trying to get either an Anno game or a Settlers game to work through their awful copy protection, which turned me off ubi for a while...so with my purchase history broken up by that I can't really recall clearly.

Doogal73
02-23-2014, 04:59 PM
The hints are wafer thin... but Paul's response to the guess seemed pretty unusual. Usually if he addresses a guess directly, it's to say 'no', or 'later this year', 'we're working on them', etc.. So, that definitely makes me think there's something to the guess. The Doors would be pretty epic for the RS catalog, but for me it's a little bit of a mixed bag. LA Woman, Roadhouse Blues and Riders are all in my top 50 favorite songs of all time. But on the other hand, some of their songs with the crazy long and really bright organ soloes just beat me like no other (e.g. Light my Fire). Still, I'll probably buy the whole pack if it does end up being them.

craigysa
02-23-2014, 11:34 PM
To add to The Doors theories...
Apparently The Arctic Monkeys have a song titled "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured"

I set myself the goal of doing all lessons before buying any DLC.
But if it is The Doors, I'll either have to bow out of weekly challenges, or cave into instant gratification. :P

I agree not all their songs would be suited to RS.
The End, while a brilliant song, is probably too long.

But there certainly are a few strong contenders: Spanish Caravan, Riders on the Storm, Roadhouse Blues.

So here's hoping Ubisoft got the red light. :)

ghmorello
02-24-2014, 03:46 AM
I'm up for The Doors. It's somewhat a shame that Doors fan got banned months ago because he kept insulting people who didn't like The Doors.

BazzTard61
02-24-2014, 03:58 AM
excuse me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK The Doors had no bass player, it was all Ray Manzarak's keys.

Wouldn't it be strange to release guitar only songs? I'd probably still buy them for the guitar parts. And I guess most RS players play both, not too many bass-only players I spose

Somewhere in the dim dark corners of my brain is the memory of learning the bass part to riders on the storm, as played on the keys.

elemenohpenc
02-24-2014, 04:43 AM
excuse me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK The Doors had no bass player, it was all Ray Manzarak's keys.

Wouldn't it be strange to release guitar only songs? I'd probably still buy them for the guitar parts. And I guess most RS players play both, not too many bass-only players I spose

Somewhere in the dim dark corners of my brain is the memory of learning the bass part to riders on the storm, as played on the keys.

The Doors did not have a bassist in the group. Ray handled many of the bass duties on keys but a lot of their recordings feature a studio bassist... I believe they may have even brought one on some tours.

SeattleSauve
02-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Well, the RS team have not been shy to chart guitar representing the original key/synth tracks ala Bohemian Rhapsody and Final Countdown, so if a track's bassline was really a keys line maybe they'd go that route...

surfrodeo
02-24-2014, 09:19 AM
I also recalled that Ray Manzarek did double duty playing keyboards and what I think was referred to as a bass box. It looks like a two or three octave keyboard. I decided to go look at a few videos on YouTube of the Doors just to see.

I've always been curious how well playing that kind of a bass line on keyboards would work out on an actual bass guitar. At least on one song, not well. Or to hear Manzarek tell it, not at all. There's a fairly long video of him talking about how they came up with Riders on the Storm. In all a fairly interesting story. But the take away regarding the bass line was that once he'd come up with the part the studio bassist came in and gave it a try. He said it wasn't possible. RM, was like, but it's just this simple little part. Then he went on to say how the bass player had to go through some serious contortions that proved his point.

So if it is a Doors pack I think that's one song that isn't going to make the cut. That's especially true if the RS team is committed as they claim in trying to replicate the original song.

I do wish someone would come up with a "game" like Rocksmith for keyboards. And drums. I think it unlikely that Ubi will ever do so. They've got their hands full just trying to get this product to behave without adding so much more to it. Too, I don't know that there's be a large enough market for it. For keyboards at least. Drums on the other hand I think would be a decent seller. Granted, it might be technically tough. It would be easiest to do with MIDI, but with so many different configurations and kit models, it's probably a non-starter. Or else someone would have already done it. And, yeah, I know Rockband had drum capability. In fact, after playing RS for a while I went and bought Rockband and the necessary adapter to try it out with my drums. The visual interface was less than acceptable. For me, at least.

I do wonder how well some of the other Doors songs will work for the bass. I guess we're going to find out.

C.Linton
02-24-2014, 09:41 AM

They had bass on the records. Manzarek did bass keys when they played live (most of the time, anyway)

BazzTard61
02-24-2014, 10:05 AM
thanks all for the info, this place really is a font of knowledge

guitarman529
02-24-2014, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEDa6bXnA8

this could be another possibility

That would be sweet. Love that song.

thxphotog
02-24-2014, 04:38 PM
They had bass on the records. Manzarek did bass keys when they played live (most of the time, anyway)

And not just any bass player on records, The L.A. Woman record had Jerry Scheff playing all the bass parts. Those who don't know, Jerry was Elvis' touring bass player throughout the 70s. He's a monster player.

pidnpodn
02-24-2014, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUWu8Ny36dc

toymachinesh
02-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Nope
http://i.imgur.com/tc2phTF.jpg

KinchBlade
02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
very impressed by whomever made the leaps of vic's friend -> george dawes ->the doors.
interesting week - nice that it's off-disk

Stoopid_Trippin
02-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Now this is the DLC I have been waiting for. :) Money already spent on this!!!!

RSDAVE
02-24-2014, 06:35 PM
That will be awesome... if they don't screw up with poor song selection :mad:

toymachinesh
02-24-2014, 06:35 PM
very impressed by whomever made the leaps of vic's friend -> george dawes ->the doors.
interesting week - nice that it's off-disk

Yeah when Ted said that I was like "oh that's for sure it, so Paul"

guitarman529
02-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Sweet I am in. It better have Light My Fire though.

pidnpodn
02-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Peace Frog and Love Her Madly, please!!!

thxphotog
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
REALLY looking forward to this!! Be preparred for some difficulty though. Robby can be very 'jazzy'.

MoldyRhyme94061
02-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Awesome. I am very excited for this. Definitely going to be late to work tomorrow.

flynlion
02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
My favorite Doors, though I doubt we'll get it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AibBR-Jwg4g

I love how the guitar and keys share roles on this one :cool:
Looking forward to tomorrow!

tjdrico
02-24-2014, 07:55 PM
I want...

People are Strange

I don't think I know many songs by The Doors. Break On Through (To the Other Side), Light My Fire. That's about it. I think I'll have to wait for syvyorig's bass DLC videos before I decide whether to got for it.

thxphotog
02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
'Love Me Two Times' has some great little 'rif***e' going on. Many, many great Doors songs. In fact on "Love Me Two Times' it would be so cool if it was included & they trascribed the keyboard solo for guitar. Very wishful thinking.

edit: Really?? "rif***e" editied? Pulling durogatroy terms out of the middle of words now? OK, "Riff-age"!! So sorry.

ceestewart
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Woohoo!

Riders on The Storm
Love Me Two Times
Roadhouse Blues
People Are Strange
LA Woman

I've read that Robby Krieger played fingerstyle and started out with flamenco guitar. Sounds good to me.

Doogal73
02-24-2014, 08:13 PM
That will be awesome... if they don't screw up with poor song selection :mad:

One sure thing is that no matter what they pick, there will be a group saying they screwed up the song selection. It'll be a tough selection since the Doors have quite a lot more than 5 really big hits ;) . I'm hoping for Roadhouse blues, LA Woman and Riders on the storm at least.

flynlion
02-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I've read that Robby Krieger played fingerstyle and started out with flamenco guitar. Sounds good to me.

Flamenco? In Rock n Roll? No way!

(see my previous post in this thread LoL)

ceestewart
02-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah, hopefully they don't include that song. I'd like to at least be able to get past the intro.

Bluesman25
02-24-2014, 08:47 PM
I'll buy "Roadhouse Blues" and "Love me two times" for sure.:cool: They better be on there.

PS: Please get rid of the captchas.

ceestewart
02-24-2014, 09:06 PM
It looks like the Doors has gone the farthest toward shutting up facebook. Some people will never be happy, though.

PTrash13
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
It looks like the Doors has gone the farthest toward shutting up facebook. Some people will never be happy, though.

Well. I see the first thing I will be spending money on in the morning, even though I won't get to play them for a while. You are right though, they could have given us Led Zeppelin as a surprise in the morning and the complaints would have still flowed like water.

CaliCasey
02-24-2014, 09:42 PM
DUDE!!! It's actually the Doors!?!?! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! I really didn't think we had the connection there, but squirrleys link (and toys referral to said link) pointing to John Densmore's AMA really got my hopes up. To say i'm stoked is an understatement. I really hope it's a 5'er and i'll be happy with anything but would love any of the songs below. TAKE MY MONEY!

Roadhouse Blues
Peace Frog
Love me Two Times
Break On Through (To the Other Side)
L.A Woman
Riders on the Storm
Soul Kitchen
Light My Fire
People are Strange

timnic999
02-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Doors - good !

My picks for a 5-pack:

Roadhouse blues
Been down so long
Crawling king snake
Cars hiss by my window
The WASP

LA Woman, for me, is way better than all their other output combined, but Roadhouse Blues has one of the funniest couplets in pop history:
"Woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain, the end is always near."
Lol. Well, I like it.

Greenbrick2
02-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Probably not picking up Rise Against until it's a weekly challenge song. Any group guessed in this thread so far I'll stay up late and buy the minute it hits the store.

I'm sorry, were you saying something there? :)

Edit - Oops, forgot I'm posting from my alternate account and not my original, created in 2003. When they changed login systems, old forum accounts couldn't be logged into, and their support staff isn't competent enough to attach an old forum account to a new Uplay account.

extendedsolo
02-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm not the biggest doors fan by any means. In fact I think they are one of the most overrated bands in rock history. That being said I will definitely buy this the first day since I'm looking forward to something that's hopefully different from things I normally play. I don't find their songs unlistenable by any means, so this will be a good way to change things up.

CrazedRacer
02-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Not a Doors fan AT ALL, but am glad to see RS score such a huge group. Anything that gets more sales and more DLC sales ensures that we get more and more. Let's face it, as anemic as Bandfuse sales seem to be, they aren't going to pump out DLC for very long. Rocksmith is our only chance.

RokDog007
02-24-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna say its a 3 pack with 2 songs off their latest album

if they get the DLC Selection right, this weeks DLC holds promise

& won't have me asking for MOAR Doors

CrazedRacer
02-24-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm gonna say its a 3 pack with 2 songs off their latest album

if they get the DLC Selection right, this weeks DLC holds promise

& won't have me asking for MOAR Doors

Is that the 2011 release "Braaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnssss!!!" with Jim "Zombie" Morrison on lead vocals? I figured they wouldn't use the songs from that album because the only word on all the songs was "Brrrrrraaaaaiiiinnnnsssss" or because of what happened at the first show, when Jim was pushed out onstage, sang the first word and then ate a girl in the front row's face off...

RokDog007
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM
UH-OH.....PS3 Gamers be for-warned as to what is going on as to BandFuse & Sony(PS3) tomorrow as to DLC

I hope it doesn't hold true for RockSmithers too....

***FEBRUARY DLC ALERT***

Jeff Marshall here, We have news for you regarding the second release of DLC scheduled for tomorrow.

The DLC set list will remain on schedule for release for Xbox 360. HOWEVER, Sony notified us Friday that since they are in the process of expanding the PSN experience, our complete February DLC release will be delayed by one week and won't be available until Tuesday, March 4th. We understand your need to rock and apologize for this delay, but it is out of our hands. SORRY!

:nonchalance:

BazzTard61
02-25-2014, 03:18 AM
see how bandfuse advise their ps3 players about a delay, SO THEY WON"T GO TO THE STORE EXPECTING DLC AND BE DISAPPOINTED

it's called customer service, something Ubisoft know nothing about

common courtesy instead of sticking your head in the sand and singing LALALALALA i can't hear you like ubisoft does.

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 04:35 AM
see how bandfuse advise their ps3 players about a delay, SO THEY WON"T GO TO THE STORE EXPECTING DLC AND BE DISAPPOINTED

it's called customer service, something Ubisoft know nothing about

common courtesy instead of sticking your head in the sand and singing LALALALALA i can't hear you like ubisoft does.

I actually asked if there was a delay regarding the DLC on PSN and they said not that they have heard of. Maybe there was something wrong with Realta's submission to SCEA?

BazzTard61
02-25-2014, 05:55 AM
man i hope you are right, dying to try the keys intro to light my fire on guitar, dunno how weird it'll sound,should be interesting just the same

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 06:42 AM
man i hope you are right, dying to try the keys intro to light my fire on guitar, dunno how weird it'll sound,should be interesting just the same

10:52 <elx> baba o'manzarek

:D

timnic999
02-25-2014, 08:53 AM
http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-225-doors/

Yippee Roadhouse!

daddy_felix
02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
it's called customer service, something Ubisoft know nothing about.

If I'd only get one cent for each of your complaining posts...

serphim7
02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
I am so stoked for this. Would have maybe picked some different songs (more from the first album, one of the best ever IMO) but who am I to complain! Its the DOORS!!!

btw: what time of the day does the DLC usually come out?

BazzTard61
02-25-2014, 10:56 AM
If I'd only get one cent for each of your complaining posts...

so u see no justification in our complaints? everything is just dandy? good for you.

btw it would be about 40 cents,I'll post it to you lol

if it bothers u so much don't read my replies, easy fix bud.

this is a forum, its for feedback and to alert ubisoft of bugs etc, so bad luck if you don't like it.

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
I am so stoked for this. Would have maybe picked some different songs (more from the first album, one of the best ever IMO) but who am I to complain! Its the DOORS!!!

btw: what time of the day does the DLC usually come out?

Xbox US - 5 AM (already out)
Steam - 12-1 PM EST
PS3 - 4-6 PM?
PS3 EU - Wednesday morning

daddy_felix
02-25-2014, 12:22 PM
PS3 EU - Wednesday morning

Wednesday afternoon (european time)

toymachinesh
02-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Wednesday afternoon (european time)

whoops, my bad

serphim7
02-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks!!! I can't wait to play it!

SquirrellyNinja
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Bobby LaKind?

Also I just noticed SquirrellyNinja tweeted John Densmore's AMA on reddit

https://twitter.com/squirrellyninja/status/436735486673965056

I can confirm that I tweeted that knowing that it could be a strong clue if paired with more information. It was too coincidentally relevant to pass up.

BazzTard61
02-26-2014, 09:28 AM
If my world clock is correct, would u get new PS3 DLC around 2.30pm on a Wednesday in Berlin time?

Coz we get the Australian DLC at midnight Wednesday which is....drum roll.....2.30pm Berlin time.

They keep saying SCCE and SCEA are completely different companies, maybe the SCEE dude and the SCEA dude have to share the same 'launch' button haha

daddy_felix
02-26-2014, 10:34 AM
If my world clock is correct, would u get new PS3 DLC around 2.30pm on a Wednesday in Berlin time?

right. Not sure whether it's always exactly 2.30, but about that

They keep saying SCCE and SCEA are completely different companies, maybe the SCEE dude and the SCEA dude have to share the same 'launch' button haha

SCEE and SCEA are different "companies" with different stores. You australian guys use the european store, not the american.

BazzTard61
03-03-2014, 04:18 AM
ta daddy_felix, I mistook scea as the australasian store, but i see its the american store, makes more sense now

I really enjoy the one-minute after midnight visit to the store hehe, I guess for you guys it's getting home after work / school to find new songs to suck at hehe (i speak for myself here)

elemenohpenc
03-04-2014, 12:01 AM
And, yeah, I know Rockband had drum capability. In fact, after playing RS for a while I went and bought Rockband and the necessary adapter to try it out with my drums. The visual interface was less than acceptable. For me, at least.

I always preferred the Guitar Hero drums to Rockband.

I admit, I never got the upgrades to play "Pro" on RB3 but, the original charting didn't feel realistic to me. red was sometimes snare, sometimes high hat. yellow was sometimes high hat, sometimes mid tom. green was sometimes low tom, sometimes crash. blue was sometimes open high hat, sometimes mid tom. it was inconsistent.

on GH drums, red is always snare. yellow and orange is always high hat and crash/ride, respectively. blue and green were always mid and low toms. plus, the double bass being a feature LONG before RB worked it in made me jump to the GH kit. their kit was more realistic and more intuitive (if you knew a basic fill was coming, you knew to anticipate red blue and green in a natural order).

If anyone released a drum game like this, I'd be all over it... even if it was a generic midi kit (like GH). I still play GH drums at least once a month (although i'm only down to 1 bass pedal now). Bought all the DLC and REALLY enjoyed the diversity of genres (everything from Slayer, Amon Amarth and Dethklok to The Faint to Flo-Rida to Brand New)... although, RB had DLC on lockdown, I didn't want to put as much money into a game that's controller didn't feel right.