PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Naval battle spinoff

bsmooth123
02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I really think Ubisoft should take all the effort they put into AC4 naval battles and spin it into a naval sim. battles like the Consitution against the Guerriere or the Monitor against the Merrimac, just to name a few.
Probably do a series even, there were so many different battles throughout the years.
What do you think ?

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 09:07 PM
They were having a survey for a new IP with Naval, didn't they? I'm more than certain they won't throw it away.

bsmooth123
02-20-2014, 03:23 PM
I sure hope not, should be a blast If it ever comes out, I missed the survey

Hans684
02-20-2014, 03:33 PM
They should make a new IP with it instead, just make it a stereotype pirate IP with an even more improved naval. That I can guaranty will sell, why? Becouse that is what R* does. GTA is American stereotype, RDR is cowboy stereotype ect...

Landruner
02-20-2014, 05:34 PM
For sure it is going to be a BF sequel (AC spin off or not):)

Hans684
02-20-2014, 07:30 PM
For sure it is going to be a BF prequel (AC spin off or not):)

Fixed, BF was at the end of The Golden Age of Piracy.

lothario-da-be
02-20-2014, 10:13 PM
If they make another pirate game, would you like a historical pirate game like ac4 or a more stereotipical aproach? I don't realy know, they did a good job making a historical correct one but would have more freedom if they don't have to stick to real history.

BK-110
02-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Fixed, BF was at the end of The Golden Age of Piracy.

How about Blackbeard's (or some other famous pirate's) story prior to the story of AC4? That might be interesting. I'd certainly prefer something historically accurate.

frodrigues55
02-21-2014, 01:00 AM
I would love if they go ahead with the ideia of making a Black Flag spin off.

This way I would have my beloved Assassin's Creed game and a Black Flag game to entertain me separately.

Can't really loose this way.

They would be free to make a real gritty pirate game without having to squeeze assassins and templars into it; on the other hand, they could go back and focus AC on the assassins again. Win-Win!

Yshnu
02-21-2014, 02:08 AM
I think a naval simulation based on the Patrick O'Brien book series would make an excellent game.

Many of you may recall the film Master and Commander with Russell Crowe. Crowe portrayed a character by the name of Jack Aubrey and O'Brien chronicled Aubrey's rise in the ranks in the British navy. I have noticed that many of the ships from O'Brien's books are included in AC4. In addition to having a frigate named after O'Brien's protagonist, there is a brig named "Blessed Sophia" (Aubrey's first command was a brig named "Sophia"), There is a frigate named "HMS Sure Prize" (which seems to be a play on words for "HMS Surprize", another of Aubrey's ships), a "Blessed Molly" (after Molly Harte wife to the station Commandant), and a hunter MoW named "Medusa" (after O'Brien's "HMS Medusa").

Apparently, someone at Ubisoft is well-read and it was their intent to include these Aubrey references. I am wondering if there is something in the works to license O'Brien's works and develop an gaming series based on it. Imagine a naval game that gives you the opportunity to work your way up in rank and eventually to a higher class of ship, until you command the flagship of the Royal navy. The sea battles could be epic in such a game and the gameplay could include land-based missions as well as sea-based. Based on BlackFlag's success, I think the timing is right for Ubisoft to pull off a surprize title launch. For us gamers, such a game would be a sure prize.