PDA

View Full Version : Windowed mode

Miehrano
02-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Who had the idea was it to release AC IV without Windowed Mode?
Makes it very annoying to try and do multiple taskas on the PC while playing, as in responding to messages, checking websites and various other tasks.
I havent gotten to play the first part of this game yet because having to ALT Tab out of the game, changing one button on my PS3 controller (that seems to have NO support what so ever in this game) and opening the game takes way to much.
And there is a 50/50 chance my game is bugged when i ipen the game again (as in controlls on both keyboard and Controller not responding, minor graphic bugs and various lagg spikes.

And all this just because somebody didnt, or was not allowed to add the ability to chose "Windowed Mode", Probably because 'Who even plays on a PC anymore? right?'

Somebody said 3rd party software could help on the windowed mode, but i dont want to be forced to download a metric button of external programs to change a graphic setting that should be as obligatory as FOV, or Colorblind modein this game. :mad:

jeffies04
02-18-2014, 07:43 PM
I think the game is too intensive for most peoples systems to run in windowed mode, but that's only my opinion.

I hear where you're coming from, though. Were any of the past AC games windowed? I can't remember.

Miehrano
02-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I have been playing from the first Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed III on PS3, because i had a PS3. My PS3 had quite a mental breakdown, and i got myself Assassin's Creed for PC. I got other games like Skyrim where i also MUST use PS3/Xbox controller to play it on the PC, they worked with the PS3 controller. but for some reason it seems to mess up on Assassin's Creed IV.

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Assassin's Creed have never been in Window Mode for PC so this should not come as a surprise. They also have poor optimization anyway.

I don't recommend PS3 controllers for the PC since it causes a lot of issues on the long run. There are some great Rock Candy Xbox 360 controllers out there for under 25$ that works perfectly with PCs. I highly recommend them. With AC:IV, all you need to do is plug one in and it works like a charm.

jeffies04
02-19-2014, 10:19 AM
I have to agree... I've used a $20 Logitech 360-style controller forever now and I love it.

Miehrano
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
I have a Cyborg Saitek P1000 PC/PS3 controller, it might just have been my controller that was faulty.
The right analog stick was stuck in wrong settings. Up and Down was locked to Left and Right, and Vise Versa. tried to fix it in DS3 Tool. but it did not work, i made the PS3 controller work with Skyrim in DS3, but AC was something else...

I'll try to get my hands on a Xbox/PC controller then, if you say it would work better. I see that in Controller layout in the game settings they put out a picture of Xbox 360 controller, so im guessing that is a bit more supported. Sleezy bastards.

rcole_sooner
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
If you already have wireless 360 controllers, then you can get a wireless receiver for your PC. Costs a little less than with a controller.

They work great with this game.

Miehrano
02-19-2014, 10:05 PM
I got a wired Xbox controller, from Microsofts own webpage.
Now it makes the game stutter and freeze completaly. either i am just a very very unlucky person, or this game is vorderline crap worth 50 Euros.

rcole_sooner
02-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I have not tried a wired controller, but one would think they would work even better (faster response) than a wireless controller ... but I dunno.

It sounds like you do have some problems with how your system and game are behaving, but I don't know what to tell you to do to fix it.

There is always ubisoft support.