PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Gold Edition save compatibility

LeonamLobo
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
So, i would like to know if the PSN version of the Assassin's Creed IV Gold Edition is compatible with the retail copy save. As in, if I buy and download the Gold Edition, can I still use the save that i have from the retail copy with it? Can someone answer me that, please? Also, I heard that the PSN Gold Edition comes with the Aveline Figurehead. Can someone confirm that?

UbiVolfbane
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
The Digital and physical copies of the game may not transfer data between each other due to the difference in save formats. Also, please see the information here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebfgCAA
If you are unable to locate all content, please notify your region's Support team so that they may look into the correct version and content for you. You may also want to check the vendor's information and Gold Edition details to see what is included with the purchase. You may contact your region's Support team by using the links in my signature below.

Ureh
02-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Hopefully someone with personal experience with the Gold Edition can post here, but have you read this thread yet:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Assassin-s-Creed-Series/Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Gold-edition-false-advertisement/td-p/41772165

One of the posts say that the NA version of Gold Edition only contains the season pass and game. They also claim that the Aveline figurehead was only for those who preordered the Gold.

LeonamLobo
02-19-2014, 03:19 AM
Ureh, Volfbane, thanks a lot for the response!

Yeah, it seems that maybe the Aveline figurehead are not included on the gold editions. That's really sad. They should make it available here in some way.
And I still have hopes that someone with personal experience with the gold edition could answer that clearly!

Alphacos007
02-19-2014, 03:39 AM
I can't tell you for sure on PS3, but at least I've tested this on PC and the save worked pretty fine.

Mr_Shade
02-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I can't tell you for sure on PS3, but at least I've tested this on PC and the save worked pretty fine.

consoles handle saves in a different way though, so I would go with support on this :)

Alphacos007
02-19-2014, 08:27 PM
consoles handle saves in a different way though, so I would go with support on this :)

Agreed.