PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 Save games lost - help?

Talnoy2692
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick favour to ask the community here. I Was playing through AC4 and then my SSD conveniently up and died. No worries I thought, I had cloud saving on, which sync'd ok every time. Exchanged the part, reinstalled windows, re-downloaded AC4 and low and behold, no save games. I still have the original folder with all the saves from two other games there (splinter cell and something older I can't remember playing), but no AC4 :(

I REALLY don't want to grind through another 12 hours of all the missions to get a certain set of armour, all the stelae, all the dives, all the Jackdaw upgrades AGAIN. Is there anyone who knows how to recover the save files, or could even supply me with one about 50% through the game?

Thanks in advance,

Tal.

jeffies04
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
I think it'll go away but they'll come back eventually for a time. I think you're on the part where Stede is waiting for you to swim out to his ship and sail her to Havana. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Alphacos007
02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately, AC4 cloud system is deactivated because it was having some issues, I too lost my save thinking it would be safe at the cloud.
Anyways, the only way to recover your save is to install a deleted-files recovering software and prey that no new files were written over your deleted saves, so the program can still recover them.
In case you can't recover the files, or just find the process way too hard, you'll have to get a save file from someone else (or from the internet). I unfortunately can't help you as my save file is 100% done. But still, if you decide to go this way, you'll have to add me on Uplay so I can teach you how to install the downloaded saves (or google it by yourself), as it is not a simple copy-paste process and it can't really be discussed here in the forums.

KmarkoPL
02-17-2014, 10:44 PM
In case you can't recover the files, or just find the process way too hard, you'll have to get a save file from someone else (or from the internet)

That will not work , now the save game are saves are tied to individuals accounts.

Alphacos007
02-18-2014, 05:45 AM
That will not work , now the save game are saves are tied to individuals accounts.

That's exactly why I said "But still, if you decide to go this way, you'll have to add me on Uplay so I can teach you how to install the downloaded saves (or google it by yourself), as it is not a simple copy-paste process and it can't really be discussed here in the forums."

jeffies04
02-19-2014, 10:22 AM
I think it'll go away but they'll come back eventually for a time. I think you're on the part where Stede is waiting for you to swim out to his ship and sail her to Havana. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I have no clue what I was on or who I was replying to, but I apologize for giving a completely irrelevant answer to your question. LOL