PDA

View Full Version : KISS DLC purchased and showing up twice in my song list****annoying***

Big Daddy Krull
02-17-2014, 02:18 PM
anyone else buy the KISS song pack and then notice that the single songs purchases show up in your song list as locked and then further down the KISS song pack songs show up unlocked.....really annoying having two sets of the same songs in my song list!!!!!!

also, how did rock and roll all night, domino and hear it loud not make the DLC, lol

daddy_felix
02-17-2014, 02:24 PM
anyone else buy the KISS song pack and then notice that the single songs purchases show up in your song list as locked and then further down the KISS song pack songs show up unlocked.....really annoying having two sets of the same songs in my song list!!!!!!

boooooooring

that is discussed in several other threads. please reply to one of them.

also, how did rock and roll all night [...] not make the DLC, lol

again, please use the appropriate thread (kiss dlc)

but since I'm a helpful guy, I'll answer: rock'n roll all night is not part of the dlc because it is already on disc.

GuitarNub
02-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Yeah I agree, very annoying. I saw the same thing with the REM pack.

Steel_Nirvana
02-17-2014, 05:58 PM
It's the way consoles (at least XBox) handle the DLC: the song packs are a separate item rather than simply a concatenation of the individual songs. So if you buy the pack, the individual songs don't count as owned...leading RS to put them in your song list.

But one of the huge flaws in RS's approach to advertising in our song lists.

elemenohpenc
02-17-2014, 06:01 PM
i'm annoyed by a lack of symmetry. i mean, 4 asterisks before annoying but only 3 after?! where's the balance?

toymachinesh
02-17-2014, 07:28 PM
OP makes a strong argument to have the songs advertised in the setlist if he didn't even know Rock n' Roll All Nite was on disc. :cool:

Steel_Nirvana
02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
OP makes a strong argument to have the songs advertised in the setlist if he didn't even know Rock n' Roll All Nite was on disc. :cool:

Not sure that logically follows, toy.

Annoying the large base of your customers in a vain attempt to achieve penetration to the dense few who have no idea what's going on around them at the best of times may not be smart marketing.

Besides, the argument cuts the other way: if he didn't even know it was already in his song list, then adding more things to the song list will be useless. :p

toymachinesh
02-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Not sure that logically follows, toy.

Annoying the large base of your customers in a vain attempt to achieve penetration to the dense few who have no idea what's going on around them at the best of times may not be smart marketing.

Besides, the argument cuts the other way: if he didn't even know it was already in his song list, then adding more things to the song list will be useless. :p

I've seen 20 people complain about it and 3 people say they are going to boycott the DLC.

I've seen observed countless people since 2012 that either don't know what DLC is or they don't know what songs have been released that week/month/year.

It's a minor inconvenience at best IMO.

However I will agree with you that if you "own the songs" they shouldn't show up as locked purchases still.

Kynlore
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
There is a scrolling message from Ubi telling you what the current DLC is. If that isn't enough that is the user's problem.

There is no need to clog up my song list with songs I have no intention of purchasing just because someone else too dense. They probably wouldn't know how to purchase it anyways. Ubi could buy the DLC for the user, send them an email, call them, and bold the title of the song in the list and the user wouldn't have a clue. There is no help for some people.

Steel_Nirvana
02-17-2014, 10:51 PM
There is a scrolling message from Ubi telling you what the current DLC is. If that isn't enough that is the user's problem.

There is no need to clog up my song list with songs I have no intention of purchasing just because someone else too dense. They probably wouldn't know how to purchase it anyways. Ubi could buy the DLC for the user, send them an email, call them, and bold the title of the song in the list and the user wouldn't have a clue. There is no help for some people.

This. If they're too clueless to see the poster, and too incurious to wonder what's behind that menu labeled "Shop" then they're probably not a big market anyway.

Ubi's choice, of course; if they think they're generating enough revenue from this kind of marketing, then I'm sure they won't miss further income from me.

Greenbrick2
02-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Is this specific to PC? I don't have the locked songs on my list on 360...

Big Daddy Krull
02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Is this specific to PC? I don't have the locked songs on my list on 360...

No this is a 360 issue, I bought the pack and when I go to my song list, and sort by difficulty, three KISS songs are right at the top and locked. When I scrolled down further I see the same songs again but unlocked.

As to the others, your right, I didn't notice that rock and roll all night was in the game, I usually stick with only 1 or 2 songs at a time to try and learn them, so I haven't fully checked out the song list.

Big Daddy Krull
02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
i'm annoyed by a lack of symmetry. i mean, 4 asterisks before annoying but only 3 after?! where's the balance?

***LOL, the unbalance is just to demonstrate how much this issue has driven me off the deep end.****

toymachinesh
02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
"They probably wouldn't know how to purchase it anyway"

They'll try to play it and it will say "blah blah purchase this song" try it yourself and see ;)

Kynlore
02-17-2014, 11:35 PM
"They probably wouldn't know how to purchase it anyway"

They'll try to play it and it will say "blah blah purchase this song" try it yourself and see ;)

I also said Ubi could give them the DLC and they wouldn't know it. It was a joke. I guess a poor one. :(

Big Daddy Krull
02-18-2014, 02:19 AM
man...tough room