PDA

View Full Version : what ac3 could of been

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgkL5qsGBs&list=UUIGA_wNBM8ZlugNFgY7ZBHw this is what ac3 could of been only if they game them one more year and made black flag come out this year. What do you guys think

Fatal-Feit
02-17-2014, 10:49 AM
This is too advance for mainstream consoles. If the FPS in AC:3 was barely above playable on last gen hardware, I highly doubt they can pull this off. Because in this case it's not about how much time they had during production, rather it's about what they can push onto the mainstream consoles.

Also this wasn't a real tech-demo gameplay, IIRC. It was more of a what-they-want-AC3-to-be-like, which to their credit, they did make a pretty darn impressive representation with main game. If you could free-aim the camera during combat, this is what it'll almost look like.

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-17-2014, 11:00 AM
true true but what they did was pretty good with current gen (not used to calling it last gen)

Fatal-Feit
02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
They really have. To this day, I still believe AC:3 to be the most ''next-gen'' game, we've had.

X_xWolverinEx_X
02-17-2014, 11:12 AM
it added loads of new things to the ac franchise it was a good step for the ac games only if the had more time to polish them a bit more

straty88
02-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah there's no way AC3 was ever going to get near the target footage. In terms of graphical quality and certain other aspects. It did have a lot of those little things but yeah that video was designed to get everyone to work to a similar goal. It also showed people joining the team and the Ubi heads what the game was about in a couple of minutes.

We've seen a few of these types of videos for other games before. Killzone 2 had a Target gameplay demo, which again didn't get near the overall quality but had similar features etc.

johnsmith145
02-18-2014, 06:03 PM
I found this (http://youtu.be/tx5dY4zIwcE?t=16s) very appealing as well. The camera shake during the kill (which is not present in the game) makes it feel a lot more gruesome.

Kirokill
02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgkL5qsGBs&list=UUIGA_wNBM8ZlugNFgY7ZBHw this is what ac3 could of been only if they game them one more year and made black flag come out this year. What do you guys think

This is better than I expected to see. So awesome.

LoyalACFan
02-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Like Fatal-Feit said, AC3 never had a chance of looking like this on last-gen consoles. It does get me pretty excited for AC5 though, which is purported to feel truly "next-gen."

GunnerGalactico
02-18-2014, 07:25 PM
I simply think that having a lot of dialogue and scenes cut from AC3 proved to be very detrimental to the game itself and the plot. Not to mention, the bugs and glitches as well.
I also feel that it should have been released before AC BF.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Sweet mother marry......
We need a connor sequel now...ubi mark a 4 year gap in your calendar and make it happen!
I don;t see this quality happening anytime soon because of the time constraint...but if they started working on this game now and used it as the series swan song..i would cry the happiest tears of my life...