PDA

View Full Version : Uplay download paused at 98% after 2 days downloading!!?!?!? (with pic)

beardofrice
02-17-2014, 12:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PiHC7Zt.png

This took 2 DAYS to download and I ended up finally leaving it on overnight. Wake up this morning, and this is what I find. Its been like this for hours. Every now and then I might click on it and catch it on 1kb per second (only for 2 seconds) with 496749 hours to go. Otherwise its just stopped.

Thanks

YazX_
02-17-2014, 01:03 AM
Pause for 1 min and then start the download again, if it didnt work then Cancel and Restart the download, it should continue where it has left off, anyway, before restarting, backup the files just incase, they are located inside a folder called "uplay_download" under the installation folder set in UPlay settings, if UPlay deleted the files and started over when you restarted the download, report back so i can tell you how to make it continue.

beardofrice
02-17-2014, 01:43 AM
ok backed up

but how do i cancel the download?

beardofrice
02-17-2014, 04:20 AM
Anyone? I cant find an option to cancel the download. See the first pic. Where is it?

Space_Odyssey
02-17-2014, 04:57 AM
First of all, there is a Pause + Resume button for all downloads, but the pic you posted is from a downloadable uptade/patch. Downloadable patches are forced and don't have a Pause / Resume option.

Secondly, did you check if your connection was the one having issues?

Thirdly, to simply force the downloading to stop, close your Uplay launcher. But I think that would probably corrupt the downloadable files so a backup is recommended before proceeding.

tshrjain
02-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Freight not my friend, tshrjain to the rescue. First, select OK from the pop up in your screenshot. Then the uplay download will continue in the background. On the Uplay screen, on top right corner, you'll see "downloading" text/progress bar. Select that. In the window that opens select "Pause" button. After a minute o two select "Resume" button. Your download should work normally. :D

beardofrice
02-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Freight not my friend, tshrjain to the rescue. First, select OK from the pop up in your screenshot. Then the uplay download will continue in the background. On the Uplay screen, on top right corner, you'll see "downloading" text/progress bar. Select that. In the window that opens select "Pause" button. After a minute o two select "Resume" button. Your download should work normally. :D

Clicked uplay to do this and it suddenly starts downloading again. Not a problem with my internet connection but hopefully these posts help another with the same problem :) thanks

pittbull4200
02-17-2014, 02:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PiHC7Zt.png

This took 2 DAYS to download and I ended up finally leaving it on overnight. Wake up this morning, and this is what I find. Its been like this for hours. Every now and then I might click on it and catch it on 1kb per second (only for 2 seconds) with 496749 hours to go. Otherwise its just stopped.

Thanks

Mine did this about 12 times and took like 40 hours to download constant connection break from ubservers it sucked and x10 when you are limited to 700kb max download