PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Objective text on-screen?

Matt_156
02-16-2014, 09:18 PM
There must be a way to get rid of the objective text onscreen. It's possible to remove every other HuD element, but there's no option to toggle off the gigantic, ugly, distracting, unnecessary message that is, bafflingly, constantly in the middle of the screen? Please tell me there's some kind of .ini edit to get rid of it (because an in-game toggle would make too much sense).

YazX_
02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
why its appearing in the middle of the screen for you?! it should appear on bottom right corner, it doesnt block anything and goes away after few seconds. there is something wrong at your end, probably the resolution.

jeffies04
02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Are you talking about the little dot and message over someone/something that says, like, "Kill" or "Catch" or "Reach"? I dunno if you can.. But there's a lot of options to turn off in the HUD settings.

Matt_156
02-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Are you talking about the little dot and message over someone/something that says, like, "Kill" or "Catch" or "Reach"? I dunno if you can.. But there's a lot of options to turn off in the HUD settings.

Yes, this is what I'm referring to. I just started playing AC4 am I'm still exploring the first little island you start on. I have the HuD entirely turned off, which is how I always play AC games. To my dismay, however, this is a huge chunk of text perpetually floating in the (left) middle of my screen. Does this ever go away? Because I seriously can't play the game like this. I hate distracting HuD elements - it's really a dealbreaker for me, which is why I'm asking.