PDA

View Full Version : AWOL for 3 years...

MolsonDan
02-16-2014, 07:48 AM
I completed Assassin's Creed and AC2 a few years ago. Now I got a new PC, where do I go from here? Wiki shows Altairs chronicles and bloodlines for AC1, and several more for AC2. Are these add ons or have I already completed them? I want to go on to AC3. But I'm an anal purist who has to do every storyline.

Also, I am having a hard time finding a AC3 for the PC. Where can I go to get a reliable version online?

Thanks,
Dan

BarmyTaffster
02-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Have you done Brotherhood and Revelations ? Then go onto AC3 as this is a different story all together. Have you tried http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-iii-167570?pageSize=20&searchTerm=assassins to download creed III ? I think you should still be able to download it also from UPLAY however I hear a lot of people having slow download issues with them at the moment.

Dome500
02-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I completed Assassin's Creed and AC2 a few years ago. Now I got a new PC, where do I go from here? Wiki shows Altairs chronicles and bloodlines for AC1, and several more for AC2. Are these add ons or have I already completed them? I want to go on to AC3. But I'm an anal purist who has to do every storyline.

Also, I am having a hard time finding a AC3 for the PC. Where can I go to get a reliable version online?

Thanks,
Dan

Best you move on with Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations (Ezios and Desmonds story)
After that AC3.

AC4 is rather unconnected to Desmond and it's more a pirate game than an Assassin game, even if it indeed has Assassins involved.

Best download version you can get from Steam or Uplay, as for Hard Copies (DvD's) I would look at Amazon, Gamestop or Uplay.

Alphacos007
02-17-2014, 01:46 AM
Best you move on with Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations (Ezios and Desmonds story)
After that AC3.

AC4 is rather unconnected to Desmond and it's more a pirate game than an Assassin game, even if it indeed has Assassins involved.

Best download version you can get from Steam or Uplay, as for Hard Copies (DvD's) I would look at Amazon, Gamestop or Uplay.

Exactly.

This Altair Chronicles and other weird names you said are mobile games, so don't bother with them.

MolsonDan
02-17-2014, 04:33 AM
Dl'd Brotherhood from uplay for $8. What a deal. Having fun again.

I just gotta remember the moves for fighting. Seems there is no tutorial for them. I'll go back to AC2 and familiarize my self.

Thanks Again Folks,
Dan

ACLexter
02-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Dl'd Brotherhood from uplay for $8. What a deal. Having fun again.

I just gotta remember the moves for fighting. Seems there is no tutorial for them. I'll go back to AC2 and familiarize my self.

Thanks Again Folks,
Dan

Great that you're having fun. if you like the brotherhood, I'm sure you will like the revelations too, and AC3 will be a big different since lots of new features, better graphic, etc. and also AC4.

there are also few spin off for this game like you mentioned, I played bloodlines too on my PSP, but I skipped chronicles and Discovery since I don't have the console for it and I'm sure I will get bored because of the graphic, I rather read the story summary from the net :)

if you have PSV, you'd like to play Liberation as well .

Fatal-Feit
02-17-2014, 09:09 AM
After that AC3.

I disagree. AC:IV is just as much of an Assassin's Creed game as the rest. It's very apparent that piracy was second in development compared to the Assassins and the Creed. Both the main story and the side contents have continueously involved the inner conflict of Assassins and Templars while furthering Edward's development into understanding the Creed and the order.

If you're going to call a sequel out on not being a game worthy of the title, you might as well look at AC:2 and AC:B. Ezio wasn't an Assassin or have even bothered with the Creed until the second to last sequence when all his buddies arrived to help him fend against Rodrigo. They've literally only gave us a brief cutscene. It was like the developers looked back and went ''Uh-oh'' during development. As for AC:B, let's be real here. We all appreciate the revival of the Assassin Brotherhood and it's new gameplay mechanics, but climbing rooftops while wearing a white robe and reciting the Creed doesn't exactly make up for being the least AC'iest of the franchise and not adding anything new to the main conflict. It should have been a 3 part DLC like ToKW, IMO.

The closest thing fans have gotten as a true sequel to AC:1 was AC:IV for me.

jeffies04
02-17-2014, 11:18 AM
I enjoyed Brotherhood for seeing the Borgias. I love the intrigue surrounding them. I thought it was an appropriate next step to AC2, especially considering Ezio completely humiliated one of the most powerful men in Europe at the time. The man has a city, an army and a religion of followers. He was just supposed to forget all about Ezio and walk away?

We also need to remind ourselves that the way the game has evolved since AC1 is not far off from the historic "fall" of these two orders.

The Hashashin (Assassin Order as we saw them in AC1) was no longer as of the late 13th century. We have witnessed their underground transformation and revival through the rest of the games. They explain this in the "teachings of Altair" in wanting to spread out and live amongst the people.

The fall of the Knights Templar (as we saw them in AC1) occurs on Friday, October 13th, 1307 when King Philip IV of France arrested the majority of the order's leaders on charges of heresy, spitting on the cross, etc, etc, etc, including its grand master Jaques de Molay and began a massive inquisition against them. History is unable to explain the disappearance of the order's central archive, its fleet of ships, or its treasures, particularly the holy treasures the original 9 knights were known to have brought back from Jerusalem during its founding. It has long since been theoried that while de Molay and the others were being burned and tortured the rest Templars went underground (even as far as North America some theorize). This is the basis for the game obviously.

My point being... After the events of AC1, these two orders changed almost everything about themselves. I don't see us ever getting that CENTRAL immersion like we did in AC1. I remember what Shaun said in the villa sanctuary in Brotherhood, "history is the study of change. When things are stagnant, it means they're dead."

BarmyTaffster
02-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I disagree. AC:IV is just as much of an Assassin's Creed game as the rest. It's very apparent that piracy was second in development compared to the Assassins and the Creed. Both the main story and the side contents have continueously involved the inner conflict of Assassins and Templars while furthering Edward's development into understanding the Creed and the order.

Finally, someone with common sense. I've been so fed up with people putting AC4 down as just a pirate game where in truth it is NOT!. I believe a lot of people just play the game and do not follow the story. Even the ending (I'm not saying what it is) was quite a surprise also if you play or have played AC3 a certain comment at the beginning of AC3 becomes very apparent. These games have had a lot of research put into them to give us not just a game to play but in a way give us a enjoyable education of people, places, events and some history. I've learnt more by playing Assassin Creed than I learnt in school :)

I've enjoyed playing all the assassin creed games and look forward to the next release.

Fatal-Feit
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Finally, someone with common sense. I've been so fed up with people putting AC4 down as just a pirate game where in truth it is NOT!. I believe a lot of people just play the game and do not follow the story. Even the ending (I'm not saying what it is) was quite a surprise also if you play or have played AC3 a certain comment at the beginning of AC3 becomes very apparent. These games have had a lot of research put into them to give us not just a game to play but in a way give us a enjoyable education of people, places, events and some history. I've learnt more by playing Assassin Creed than I learnt in school :)

I've enjoyed playing all the assassin creed games and look forward to the next release.

Exactly, lol. I've played AC:IV expecting all Pirates of the Caribbean and all that, but literally it isn't really. People who've jumped onto AC:IV and say it's all hurr durr pirates should recheck themselves. We've got like what? 1 scene and a couple dialog in reference with the fabricated Yarrrrrr? Most of the game consists of Edward's development and philosophical jumble that really ties deep with both the Creed and the series. And that ending reference did make the inner AC:3 fanboy of me squeal a little. But yeah, all in all, AC:IV also has the most stealth in the series. And I mean ACTUAL stealth. Not those commonly scripted stealth during the story sequences where they purposely place 1 or 2 guards at an obvious spot for you to assassinate from.

Recently I've replayed through the entire Ezio Trilogy and TBH, Ezio was no doubt just as much of a pirate that Edward was when it comes to gameplay. He buys treasures maps, kills guards protecting loots, and searches secret areas and catacombs for valuable hidden items. I mean, if a friend wanted to play a pirate game, I would pull AC:2 out of the shelf instead.