PDA

View Full Version : *HELP* Take-off, gfx & Joystick problem *N00B*

Infol
02-15-2004, 02:14 PM
hello!

i am a new player here and i have some problems with i want to share with you. maybe someone can help me.

some time ago i have bought a new joystick - logitech "extreme 3D pro" and microsoft combat flight simulator.
i installed the joystick and the MSFC on my computer. everything was looking good until i had to take-off in MCFS. when i started the engine and set my throtyle on 100% the plane started to turn left. it seemd like the rudder was blocked in that position so it was the joystick's fault. i thought i was the calibration or sth... the calibration hehe... i didn't had to do any cuz i am under windows xp system and all the joystick's installation process was almost fully automatic. anyway... the plane was turning left even in the air!
a few days ago i have bought IL-2 Sturmovik. i thought that MCFS was game so old that this problem could be an effect of uncompatiblity with the joystick or sth, i was wrong... in IL-2 Sturmovik the problem comes back. but here it has greater meening. so here is when the take-off problem comes in IL-2 Sturmovik. when i start engine in IL-2 and gently increase my throtyle the plane starts to turn left!
the worst problems come on a airfields with surface is ground. i am unable to take-off from that type od airfields, the plane is shakeing and bouncing, and finally it collapses.
the last problem is my gfx. i have duron 1.2ghz and radeon 9000pro and my game works very slow. even in the menu i must wait a dozen seconds to move on to the next menu. the missions are loading very slow... sometimes it takes a few minutes until the loding process is complete.

Infol
02-15-2004, 02:14 PM
hello!

i am a new player here and i have some problems with i want to share with you. maybe someone can help me.

some time ago i have bought a new joystick - logitech "extreme 3D pro" and microsoft combat flight simulator.
i installed the joystick and the MSFC on my computer. everything was looking good until i had to take-off in MCFS. when i started the engine and set my throtyle on 100% the plane started to turn left. it seemd like the rudder was blocked in that position so it was the joystick's fault. i thought i was the calibration or sth... the calibration hehe... i didn't had to do any cuz i am under windows xp system and all the joystick's installation process was almost fully automatic. anyway... the plane was turning left even in the air!
a few days ago i have bought IL-2 Sturmovik. i thought that MCFS was game so old that this problem could be an effect of uncompatiblity with the joystick or sth, i was wrong... in IL-2 Sturmovik the problem comes back. but here it has greater meening. so here is when the take-off problem comes in IL-2 Sturmovik. when i start engine in IL-2 and gently increase my throtyle the plane starts to turn left!
the worst problems come on a airfields with surface is ground. i am unable to take-off from that type od airfields, the plane is shakeing and bouncing, and finally it collapses.
the last problem is my gfx. i have duron 1.2ghz and radeon 9000pro and my game works very slow. even in the menu i must wait a dozen seconds to move on to the next menu. the missions are loading very slow... sometimes it takes a few minutes until the loding process is complete.

p1ngu666
02-15-2004, 02:29 PM
strange, tried patching the game?
oh and u can see the rudder move ingame, perhaps u have a twist grip thats gone dodgy :\

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg

Infol
02-15-2004, 04:27 PM
yup i've just pathed the game (1.21)
it seems that it works a little bit slower =\

i have a twist handle on my joystick
the rudder does not move in game but the plane is turning left

how is that possible...?

in hardware setup --> input
everything seems to be in order =\

VW-IceFire
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Planes do usually swing one way or the other on takeoff (I think if you turn off engine torque in the difficulty it should stop). Some WWII aircraft were powerful enough to roll themselves right over...although that will never happen in this game. Use the rudder controls to counter the torque...you shouldn't have to use full rudder however...should be just a bit.

Need a bit more of your system specs. What drivers, how much ram, which DirectX version, etc.

The problem with the game not performing as it should may be driver related. Your system should be able to do fairly decently...Perfect settings are out of the question for you and Excellent is probably way too much as well. The step under that for most things should give you fairly smooth gameplay. Make sure you have the latest DirectX, the latest drivers (Catalyst 4.1 or 4.2 for you) and so on. Also make sure in the Setup program that you have the right card selected and use the OpenGL API rather than Direct3D for graphics rendering.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

Chuck_Older
02-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Sounds like the joystick to me.

Unplug it, set your control inputs to 'keyboard' or do whatever you need to do to assign X and Y commands to mapped keyboard buttons, and hit the throttle in a plane. If it still turns by itself, it's software, if the plane doesn't turn, it's hardware (joystick trouble)

from the Hundred Years war to the Crimea, from the lance and the musket and the Roman spear, to all of the men who have stood with no fear, in the service of the King~ Clash