PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 (Desmond Memo 2) Desmond in Portugal?

jmaratola
02-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I was listening to Desmond's memos from AC4 and I realised that in memo 2 there's this background noise and is from a lady speaking Portuguese. Does anyone have those sound editing softwares where you can hear better the background sounds, if that even exists...?
This is what I could listen behind Desmond's voice:

Todos os passageiros (All the passengers)
Registrar a sua bagagem (Register your baggage)
Atencao a todos os passageiros o comboio (Attention to all passengers the train)
Obrigado (Thank you)
Porta principal (Main gate)

Now Desmond was in Brazil but Ubisoft is aware that Portuguese from Brazil has a different accent. They didn't do that mistake on "Steal the Portuguese flag" mission by putting the Portuguese soldiers speaking with Brazilian accent.
The lady is speaking Portuguese from Portugal and not with an accent from other Portuguese speaking country like Brazil, so why would Desmond be in Portugal on a train station? I'm assuming is a train station because the lady says (Attention to all passengers the train) but then again she also says (Register you baggage) which is something you don't really have to do when travelling by train, but when travelling by plane. On memo 1 Desmond is in Queens, New York and you can hear a police or ambulance siren in the background, on memo 3 it seems to be some kids playing in a park and in memo 4 there's no background noise.

<font size="2">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlbfZpMLRI

Alphacos007
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Actually, Brazil's part in AC3 had voice-actors speaking Portugal's portuguese, and not Brazil's one, so I suppose the same happened here.
(And yeah, I'm from Brazil, so I can confirm that).

jmaratola
02-16-2014, 03:09 AM
I had a look on the Brazil mission and there is no one there that speaks Portuguese from Portugal. We don't use words such as "cara" or "ele sumiu", that's Portuguese from Brazil. The problem is that the Brazilian accent is not good very good, it seems they hired some Portuguese to do the Brazilian accent and you can notice the difference. Is there any fellow Portuguese speakers out there that can prove my point? Or even against it? Thanks.

Alphacos007
02-16-2014, 03:29 AM
Then they're portuguese voice-actors trying to speak brazilian portuguese, but it's totally noticeable it's not brazilian for people who live here.

ze_topazio
02-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Well, at the time they did those missions they probably had already hired the voice actors for the Portuguese soldiers in AC4 so they probably used them for everything, the world's economy is in recession, gotta save money.